Options

Comments

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    dregenfox wrote: »

Ps. Why dont you bring a single mistake of karmas xTW strategies up? Discounting the one I disclosed so far that is :).

Forgetting to bid on tier 3 land then QQing on forums about it being a glitch to try salvage it xD xD
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    valdisman wrote: »

Ps. Why dont you bring a single mistake of karmas xTW strategies up? Discounting the one I disclosed so far that is :).

Forgetting to bid on tier 3 land then QQing on forums about it being a glitch to try salvage it xD xD

Considering GM has acknowledged our issue, even if the reason for it is still unclear, I am gonna have to ask you to try again.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options

In all honesty, infamous destroyed you in those wars. Infa was the #1 winner last season. Anybody should have known what you sent into that war would not have been enough. You simply failed at assigning squads properly. If infamous recruiting a couple players with under 1000 spirit caused you to lose, then your faction is in worse shape than I thought.

We fight infamous on a daily basis. We JUST beat them in TW 2 hours before the X-TW. We haven't fought Karma this season. Sending our NP sin into the infamous war would have been equally as pointless, because we won the infa war by more than a 2:1 margin, as well as killing their dragon and keeping them base-locked. What would be the point of sending a NP sin into that?

It took longer than we expected to win, but stretching our forces into two provided the best chance of winning both wars, however small. The only thing sending an NP sin into Infa would have done is win it faster.

I'd suggest Karma work on improving their strategies since you guys don't seem to have a full grasp on that.

*Sigh*. We beat Infa like 2 or 3 times in a row before those two losses. These wins were towards the end of season 2/start of season 3. Infamous feels like a rollercoaster with their power spikes and lackluster performances. I dont quite understand what you are trying to achieve with "You lost to Infamous cause you failed to assign squads" though. Yes, I`ve said as much myself, so what? We are all human and humans make mistakes.

You actually made that same mistake twice with infa.

I'm still not clear on why you think it's better for our players to just sit there doing nothing rather than try to zone into the Karma war and attempt to win it. Sending a NP sin into a war that we determined could already be won would be an even bigger waste of potential.

As for other mistakes - you strategy for bidding caused you to lose even more points. Here's a quote:

"if too many factions are bidding in a group set, factions can be randomly skipped. "

That's what pretty much everyone except you guys suspected was happening, but you guys insisted it was somehow the computer's fault. Not sure why Karma is unable to accept that the system chose to skip you because of the amount of factions bidding. Not everything that happens to you is someone else's fault, and in this case, it's just how the system works.

I'm not even sure why you're bringing it up when you can't even confirm whether you actually bid on the land or not. If it turns out you guys simply forgot to bid for the land that would just be too funny...
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2016
    Options
    CN never pointed to a maximum points accrued per week, so I'm just quoting exactly what was relayed to us. The query we posed to them was -
    Is there specific points attached to each Tier of land and if so, is there a maximum amount of points you can get during one weekend of DC?

Unless there's specifically something different going on CN's client versus ours where this exact scenario does not yield more than 70 points, I don't see where the information they had given us was incorrect. After resets, we'd have to manually track every week to ensure these systems are not broken considering we now have concrete information of how the system pays out. If it deviates from the official dev word, then we can bug it.

I would hesitate to say a battle was glitched when these systems have an element of randomness to it. I am more likely to believe that bid reimbursement is glitched, as it should have given the money back. In the old testing runs for this, there was one instance where a faction did not receive a refund after a "no battle" as well, so there is that. Until we hear back from CN devs, I would wait on ticketing for a refund. If that needs to be done on our end manually, I'll notify the proper channels.

This has been a great learning experience for me as far as understanding on how this system works, considering this was my weakest area of knowledge about the game. Players were able to get (for now) a concrete point calculating system if they didn't have one before, as well as the conditions in which they will not receive points. Since this series of events has me more intrigued than ever about how it pairs factions, I'll be sure to watch more closely how the new season plays out!
  • valdisman
    Options
    CN never pointed to a maximum points accrued per week, so I'm just quoting exactly what was relayed to us. The query we posed to them was -
    Is there specific points attached to each Tier of land and if so, is there a maximum amount of points you can get during one weekend of DC?

Unless there's specifically something different going on CN's client versus ours where this exact scenario does not yield more than 70 points, I don't see where the information they had given us was incorrect. After resets, we'd have to manually track every week to ensure these systems are not broken considering we now have concrete information of how the system pays out. If it deviates from the official dev word, then we can bug it.

I would hesitate to say a battle was glitched when these systems have an element of randomness to it. I am more likely to believe that bid reimbursement is glitched, as it should have given the money back. In the old testing runs for this, there was one instance where a faction did not receive a refund after a "no battle" as well, so there is that. Until we hear back from CN devs, I would wait on ticketing for a refund. If that needs to be done on our end manually, I'll notify the proper channels.

This has been a great learning experience for me as far as understanding on how this system works, considering this was my weakest area of knowledge about the game. Players were able to get (for now) a concrete point calculating system if they didn't have one before, as well as the conditions in which they will not receive points. Since this series of events has me more intrigued than ever about how it pairs factions, I'll be sure to watch more closely how the new season plays out!

Then how is the points system worked out? If you get points per land you have the Karma should have gotten 100 points (total of all their lands) but they attained 90. Also no faction has until last weekend ever gained more than 70 points in a single xTW week.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • valdisman
    Options

Considering GM has acknowledged our issue, even if the reason for it is still unclear, I am gonna have to ask you to try again.

The GM acknowledged your QQ and the QQing of karma members when she logged into the server. Doesn't mean its an actual issue. Unless you have proof of a video or some sort of Jenguin putting in the bid and then days later not having a bid go through, I really cannot see how they can prove/disprove the amazing wonderful, one off glitch which has only ever happened to Karma on Et server throughout 3 seasons of xTW.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @valdisman hmmm unless math fails me in the morning and looking at the data I was provided for just this incident only, 5 lands x 10 for owning plus the weekend the earned Dragon's Meet (+40) would be 90 (I think they're not factoring the land earned in that point total which would be the only way this makes sense). I haven't tracked rankings prior to this entire thread, so I have no real way of confirming anything prior to this.

In the future, to avoid having this issue run its course (point calculations being unclear specifically or point accrual not working at intended) I'll check the rankings every weekend going forward for our own sanity so that we can respond faster to any discrepancies rather than trying to work backwards with no solid record-keeping to go off of.
  • valdisman
    Options
    @valdisman hmmm unless math fails me in the morning and looking at the data I was provided for just this incident only, 5 lands x 10 for owning plus the weekend the earned Dragon's Meet (+40) would be 90 (I think they're not factoring the land earned in that point total which would be the only way this makes sense). I haven't tracked rankings prior to this entire thread, so I have no real way of confirming anything prior to this.

In the future, to avoid having this issue run its course (point calculations being unclear specifically or point accrual not working at intended) I'll check the rankings every weekend going forward for our own sanity so that we can respond faster to any discrepancies rather than trying to work backwards with no solid record-keeping to go off of.

Ah yeah that's my bad math, need to win a tier 2 to gain the extra 10 points from it.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    The GM acknowledged your QQ and the QQing of karma members when she logged into the server. Doesn't mean its an actual issue. Unless you have proof of a video or some sort of Jenguin putting in the bid and then days later not having a bid go through, I really cannot see how they can prove/disprove the amazing wonderful, one off glitch which has only ever happened to Karma on Et server throughout 3 seasons of xTW.

We actually have screenshots of us signing up but obviously proving those accurate trough chatlogs is boring/annoying for staff. As such I am not gonna bother uploading one on imgur as staff should of gotten the appropriate SS on our ticket.

I'm still not clear on why you think it's better for our players to just sit there doing nothing rather than try to zone into the Karma war and attempt to win it. Sending a NP sin into a war that we determined could already be won would be an even bigger waste of potential.

As for other mistakes - you strategy for bidding caused you to lose even more points. Here's a quote:

"if too many factions are bidding in a group set, factions can be randomly skipped. "

That's what pretty much everyone except you guys suspected was happening, but you guys insisted it was somehow the computer's fault. Not sure why Karma is unable to accept that the system chose to skip you because of the amount of factions bidding. Not everything that happens to you is someone else's fault, and in this case, it's just how the system works.

I'm not even sure why you're bringing it up when you can't even confirm whether you actually bid on the land or not. If it turns out you guys simply forgot to bid for the land that would just be too funny...

No, we didnt do same mistake with Infa twice but nice try!

As for the bidding, I already responded to sin20 bout it and pretty much determined this "explanation" as utter joke. I am refusing to accept it because it has zero logic behind it. If tier 3 had been flooded and thats why we didnt get a battle assigned, I would of expected to see full 8 lands taken that week but this was not the case. If and when you have zero understanding how the DC works, just stay quiet as speaking removes all doubt over your intelligence.

• dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options

We actually have screenshots of us signing up but obviously proving those accurate trough chatlogs is boring/annoying for staff. As such I am not gonna bother uploading one on imgur as staff should of gotten the appropriate SS on our ticket.

No, we didnt do same mistake with Infa twice but nice try!

As for the bidding, I already responded to sin20 bout it and pretty much determined this "explanation" as utter joke. I am refusing to accept it because it has zero logic behind it. If tier 3 had been flooded and thats why we didnt get a battle assigned, I would of expected to see full 8 lands taken that week but this was not the case. If and when you have zero understanding how the DC works, just stay quiet as speaking removes all doubt over your intelligence.

Again, I'm still wondering why you'd rather have our members just sit back and do nothing, or send them to a war that could already be won. I'm really concerned about the actual strategies you're employing if you think the best option would have been for us to send 100% of our resources to overkill infa in 15 minutes while ignoring all other wars.

I think the main issue is that you created an entire thread about a bug that has never happened to other factions, the GM's can't locate the source of the problem, the China devs are saying there's no issue, AND you can't provide any actual proof besides just saying you got screwed. Not sure what you're expecting to happen here, because I'm not sure how you'd be getting a magical one-time server bug that only affects Karma for one week. In order for a bug to be tracked down efficiently, it has to be reproducible, and yours isn't.

Come to think of it, I do remember one time where I got screwed opening 100 packs and only getting tokens. That's insane! There has to be some sort of bug in the server! /s
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

Again, I'm still wondering why you'd rather have our members just sit back and do nothing, or send them to a war that could already be won. I'm really concerned about the actual strategies you're employing if you think the best option would have been for us to send 100% of our resources to overkill infa in 15 minutes while ignoring all other wars.

I think the main issue is that you created an entire thread about a bug that has never happened to other factions, the GM's can't locate the source of the problem, the China devs are saying there's no issue, AND you can't provide any actual proof besides just saying you got screwed. Not sure what you're expecting to happen here, because I'm not sure how you'd be getting a magical one-time server bug that only affects Karma for one week. In order for a bug to be tracked down efficiently, it has to be reproducible, and yours isn't.

Come to think of it, I do remember one time where I got screwed opening 100 packs and only getting tokens. That's insane! There has to be some sort of bug in the server! /s

I already answered this too like 5 times, why do you keep repeating the same questions? I have nowhere said not to send extras in, I only felt it was silly to send people you could of used in other wars when anybody should of known top faction is gonna roll over what you sent, NP sin in there or not.

I hope this is the right SS, cant be sure though.
    http://imgur.com/ASdQXUd

Just because devs cant figure it out does not mean it didnt happen.

• dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options

I already answered this too like 5 times, why do you keep repeating the same questions? I have nowhere said not to send extras in, I only felt it was silly to send people you could of used in other wars when anybody should of known top faction is gonna roll over what you sent, NP sin in there or not.

I hope this is the right SS, cant be sure though.
    http://imgur.com/ASdQXUd

Just because devs cant figure it out does not mean it didnt happen.

We didn't need those people in other wars because the infa war was already winnable with current wars. It does seem like you made an issue of this over misinformation about not knowing our wars as well as the factions we had already beaten previously (tempest), as well as this rumor over a "shadow sister guild". As long as you're now clear on those issues then that's fine.

What we need is an actual 1v1 on the last week of DC, but unfortunately that seems extremely unlikely to happen.
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I dont even...
    So you are saying there is only 2 tier 3 lands to fight for? Because thats how many lands were taken the week we didnt get our bid trough. A disclaimer, there is a lot more than that. As you need tier 2 to bid on tier 3 and considering there is like 5 duplicate lands currently for factions, overfilling tier 3 battles seems impossibility.
    This is becoming pointless xD
    I didnt say there is only 2 tier 3 lands to fight for, what i said is there was to many bids in total that seems to have bugged the system somehow, and there werent 2 T3 lands taken that week , there was only 1 taken by Crisis, other 3 lands were free to be bided on and taken by everyone.
    Like you said to someone earlier : "I would seriously consider re-rolling to school for some reading comprehension if I were you. " xD
    First of all ill repeat , our NP sin coudnt attend the war last week cause of work , why u guys keep talking about him being in the war wtf?
    2nd , gm said that it says in the rule set there is a possibility that a faction randomly gets skipped and that is what happened to you ,so you dont even what? Read?
    The way i see it only 2 things could have happened :
    1) Your faction leader forgot to bid.
    2) System randomly skipped your bid. (Which is a unique case since all previous xTW bugs were affecting every faction participating)
    And looks like they coudnt find any irregularities in the data of the last week.

And it might seem silly to you that we sent ppl to try to fight you while fighting Infamous at same time but like i said (4th time i repeat myself ?) we hoped cause of RNG and larger number of land you will have more wars and will have to focus on them instead of us, which wasnt the case seeing as you said we were your only real war and u showed us full force you had at the time.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    sin20 wrote: »
    I didnt say there is only 2 tier 3 lands to fight for, what i said is there was to many bids in total that seems to have bugged the system somehow, and there werent 2 T3 lands taken that week , there was only 1 taken by Crisis, other 3 lands were free to be bided on and taken by everyone.
    Like you said to someone earlier : "I would seriously consider re-rolling to school for some reading comprehension if I were you. " xD
    First of all ill repeat , our NP sin coudnt attend the war last week cause of work , why u guys keep talking about him being in the war wtf?
    2nd , gm said that it says in the rule set there is a possibility that a faction randomly gets skipped and that is what happened to you ,so you dont even what? Read?
    2) System randomly skipped your bid. (Which is a unique case since all previous xTW bugs were affecting every faction participating)
    And looks like they coudnt find any irregularities in the data of the last week.

Actually there is 8 lands to be taken. And why would faction get randomly get skipped when the number of battles for battle group isnt maxed? It would be some serious bs in design and considering we havent seen more of these threads I kinda doubt faction just randomly gets skipped. Obviously if there there is over 2x more factions to bid on tier than there is lands, some will be skipped but afaik that should only happen for tier 1.

As for NP sin, names dont tell me anything but I am pretty sure you are the first to say there wasnt one. Either way there was least one extremely geared sin in our war, be it NP or not isnt really important.

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    So... I gather that its just pure bad luck/randomness and the bids are being accounted for. Thats good news. Thanks @kalystconquerer#0876
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options

Actually there is 8 lands to be taken. And why would faction get randomly get skipped when the number of battles for battle group isnt maxed? It would be some serious bs in design and considering we havent seen more of these threads I kinda doubt faction just randomly gets skipped. Obviously if there there is over 2x more factions to bid on tier than there is lands, some will be skipped but afaik that should only happen for tier 1.

As for NP sin, names dont tell me anything but I am pretty sure you are the first to say there wasnt one. Either way there was least one extremely geared sin in our war, be it NP or not isnt really important.

I wasn't in the other war so I was just going by what you were saying, but it does seem that there wasn't an NP sin. I believe the sin you're talking about is just AEU RB'ed. He just feels strong because he's full deity and, well...it's a sin.

I've been hit by NP sins before and they can do 30k+ on full buffs without even trying. There's a pretty major difference.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @eirghan It appears to be an incredibly low chance of it happening, per our test results (1 faction out of over 20+ factions bidding). However I will check our localization docs on Monday to confirm that all the pertinent information is communicated to players in our ruleset. But outside of checking loc, asking devs in multiple emails for point breakdowns and intended mechanics, testing this feature over the course of a day and running the calculations based off the data readily in front of me (in game data along with the accounts made here), there's not much avenues left for investigation. Well, that is, without mercilessly cataloguing all of next season's results to ensure that the system isn't bugging out in other ways (i.e. bid not getting refunded for "defeated or did not bid" messaging).

CN has not given me any data on that issue as of yet - will check my emails periodically over the holidays to see if they tell me anything more regarding the bid not refunding.

In general - any further inquiries about Dragon's Conquest or checking if a new unexplained issue comes up can not be done until after the holidays. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience this will cause.
  • sin20
    Options
    So seeing how this week played out , heard there were some fun fights?
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    So seeing how this week played out , heard there were some fun fights?

Didnt seem great to me, Karma n Tempest have alrdy shown results and they got action once again. Crisis once again gets a B-tier opponent without showing anything all season. And Hoorah got a PvE battle... Very lackluster
  • sin20
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Didnt seem great to me, Karma n Tempest have alrdy shown results and they got action once again. Crisis once again gets a B-tier opponent without showing anything all season. And Hoorah got a PvE battle... Very lackluster
    In what way they showed results?
    If we didnt show anything whole season well we woudnt be 1st so far , its as simple as that xD
    And didnt hoorah got infamous yday?
  • dingo488
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Karma has beaten Hoorah and Crisis in a 60v60
    Tempest has beaten Karma and Hoorah in a 60v60
    Crisis has beaten...who? In a 60v60, only B-tier factions...? I wonder in what world beating the #6 and #8 faction shows you are the best

And ye Hoorah got Infamous... But lets not pretend its the same Infamous from the first season. Take away the names and itll say the #3 faction beat the #8 faction, not very exciting to me
  • sin20
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Infamous was actually way stronger 3-4 weeks ago then they were yday when u fought them seeing how they lost 20+ ppl.
    Crisis beat tempest 60v60 where we controled whole war with a fairly good point lead.
    Yea Tempest is totally a B-tier faction seeing how they beat both karma and hoorah without any problems. XD
    Only reason karma managed to beat us last week was because we had another war against infamous on which we had to focus more.
    Seeing how tempest beat karma in a proper 60v60 i dont see us loosing to karma based on our 60v60 against tempest. So beating number 2 faction in the rankings shows we are the best but hey thats only in my world :(
    And speaking of B tier faction , when hoorah was in a same situation having vindicate and karma i think on t2 and t3 , tried to fight both only to loose both?
    And that B tier infamous won against karma 4-6 weeks ago right?
    Well lets hope next week we end up against u guys on t3 and we will see then :)
  • dingo488
    Options
    we had another war against infamous on which we had to focus more.

You didnt have to focus on them at all, I alrdy explained why it wudve been way more beneficial for the standings to lose to Infamous and beat Karma. I think you just wanted to fight the #8 faction so you had an excuse as to why u lost to Karma, instead of just focussing on Karma.

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    ITT dingo doesn't understand why his faction is losing to factions that don't do things the "right" way.
  • sin20
    edited November 2016
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    we had another war against infamous on which we had to focus more.

You didnt have to focus on them at all, I alrdy explained why it wudve been way more beneficial for the standings to lose to Infamous and beat Karma. I think you just wanted to fight the #8 faction so you had an excuse as to why u lost to Karma, instead of just focussing on Karma.
    You really fail to see a point there, if we focused karma and won t3 what would that do about tempest?
    By loosing t2 and wining t3 we are basicly giving tempest 2nd free t3 week in a row since we coudnt bid t3 this week then, since when we fought infa and karma tempest from what i saw got a free T3 land with having 5 other lands thus making 90 points that weekend?
    It would have been more beneficial for you since your 3rd spot would be guaranteed then XD
    By focusing t2 we ensured that we are able to bid t3 this week so we either get Tempest in T3 and beat them (again) to ensure we are 1st or incase we dont we win all the wars to repeat the same next week.
    And i would say our way paid off seeing how max amount of points tempest can get next week is 60 instead of 80 or 90 like last week.

Infa beat that same karma 4-6 week ago 2 times in a row, and with us beating infa then in less then 1h and seeing how tempest beat karma and we beat tempest why would we avoid karma?xD

Also us wanting the fight infamous since they are 8th atm well thats just wierd , before we fought them 2 times in last 3 weeks they were 4th with almost same amount of points as 3rd , they are 8th just cause they got unlucky to end up against us and lost the chance to fight for top 3 xD
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    -when infamous won the season, the NA servers flamed
    -when crisis is about to win the season, the NA servers flame

i can see a pattern here.
  • zeusopuno#5768
    zeusopuno#5768 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    You shouldnt rely on those crisis vs tempest fights (yet crisis lost one of them), Tempest has changed alot after that, strategy wise and numbers. Idk if tempest could beat crisis atm, but im sure it wouldnt be a one sided fight.
  • dingo488
    edited November 2016
    Options
    capnk wrote: »
    ITT dingo doesn't understand why his faction is losing to factions that don't do things the "right" way.
    I do understand :neutral: just gotta merge all your factions into 1 and win by gear! Lets get this Vindicate merge going Cap
  • sin20
    edited November 2016
    Options
    You shouldnt rely on those crisis vs tempest fights (yet crisis lost one of them), Tempest has changed alot after that, strategy wise and numbers. Idk if tempest could beat crisis atm, but im sure it wouldnt be a one sided fight.
    Yea im sure a lot has changed on both sides strategy and gear wise but if we say we are equal in strength atm im using that as an argument that crisis would beat karma seeing how tempest beat them.
    And yea we lost to tempest but that was before season even started and the rankings failing to get reset few times but beat them like 2 months after that in a 60v60.
    And the reason i mentioned that is simple , cause this dingo guy said we didnt beat any top faction xD
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    let me sum up the last 4 pages: bla bla bla.....