xTW bidding broken?

Options

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    sin20 wrote: »

U quoted me saying we had 4 top sqs in infa war , and u keep talking about missing 2 sqs wtf xD
    Even then we missed a NP sin and like a squad of high geared ppl cause of work and rl stuff.
    Infamous is by no means a pushover faction that u can just roll easly with 2-3 good squads , if you wanna beat them you gotta send some of your strongest dds which we had to do.
    Like i said multiple times we didnt certanly send our best to karma war and we didnt even expect to win it since we had 2 strong factions which no faction could win against in same scenario.

Everybody else keeps speaking of 2 squads, you are the only one saying 4. Who should I believe? And in fact, your member in this thread said you expected to win against Karma. I dunno why you would even bother sending anything and risk losing to Infamous, which according to video was a close one, if you didnt expect to beat us anyways. Its like shooting yourself on the foot before a race.

I have been, from the start, saying it felt like we were fighting alts and we could do absolutely whatever we wanted in that xTW. This despite hardly fielding as strong roster as we should of had considering it was our only war.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »

U quoted me saying we had 4 top sqs in infa war , and u keep talking about missing 2 sqs wtf xD
    Even then we missed a NP sin and like a squad of high geared ppl cause of work and rl stuff.
    Infamous is by no means a pushover faction that u can just roll easly with 2-3 good squads , if you wanna beat them you gotta send some of your strongest dds which we had to do.
    Like i said multiple times we didnt certanly send our best to karma war and we didnt even expect to win it since we had 2 strong factions which no faction could win against in same scenario.

Everybody else keeps speaking of 2 squads, you are the only one saying 4. Who should I believe? And in fact, your member in this thread said you expected to win against Karma. I dunno why you would even bother sending anything and risk losing to Infamous, which according to video was a close one, if you didnt expect to beat us anyways. Its like shooting yourself on the foot before a race.

I have been, from the start, saying it felt like we were fighting alts and we could do absolutely whatever we wanted in that xTW. This despite hardly fielding as strong roster as we should of had considering it was our only war.

Sorry buddy I think you're mixing things up here. The only mention I see of two squads is you yourself mentioning you were missing 2 squads in a post.

I'm also not seeing anyone saying Crisis expected to win vs Karma by just sending our sin squad in. I really think you're starting to get confused in this discussion :neutral: .

In any case, if I recall correctly you also underestimated infa many times and sent insufficient forces in your split war with infa. Infa players were also saying they were cutting through your forces like butter. Does that mean Infa > Karma? The logic isn't panning out here. Why did you send forces to infa if you didn't expect to win those?
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options

Well we won against infamous with 800-900 points more , i woudnt say that was a close one, just from start till mid of that war it was a bit rough since we had to adjust our strategy since from what i see infamous lost their other t2 war to fully focus on us and ill repeat again infamous is by no means a pushover faction , if they show up fully to anyone they will give them a run for their money and can proly win against most top factions (1st and 2nd from other servers).
    And well we had to split our forces either way , and had to relly on a bit of luck that you will get multiple wars but from what you just wrote you guys got lucky to have only that t3 war with no war on 5 other lands u got right? (gg rng)
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Still investigating this issue and we will ping CN one more time to confirm some things along with the new data collected today and though testing. I have a feeling that I'm very close to an answer, but better safe than sorry! Please continue to bid normally though while we look into this :)
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »
    Sorry buddy I think you're mixing things up here. The only mention I see of two squads is you yourself mentioning you were missing 2 squads in a post.

I'm also not seeing anyone saying Crisis expected to win vs Karma by just sending our sin squad in. I really think you're starting to get confused in this discussion :neutral: .

In any case, if I recall correctly you also underestimated infa many times and sent insufficient forces in your split war with infa. Infa players were also saying they were cutting through your forces like butter. Does that mean Infa > Karma? The logic isn't panning out here. Why did you send forces to infa if you didn't expect to win those?
    I think the issue here is that we made an effort to win both wars. We haven't gotten Karma this season and we sent arguably our top DD squad into Karma, I think the simple explanation is that we underestimated the strength of Karma.

I ask you, if you dont expect to win, why shoot yourself on the foot and show anything of your real strength against us? As for missing 2 squads, must of been word of mouth after xTW then and not this thread. Either way your people have been insisting we didnt fight complete B team, which sounds pretty weird to me and makes me wonder how weak Crisis has to be for it to not be a B team.

The first infa war we lost in a while, I dunno bout you but when you kept rolling them with 40, you kinda expect to win them fielding whatever. The "sister" guild thing(Not my term for the situation) you got going on in DA where ppl jump from one to the other with a whim is extremely hard for other servers to deal with as nobody is gonna learn bout it till after the war has happened.
    Still investigating this issue and we will ping CN one more time to confirm some things along with the new data collected today and though testing. I have a feeling that I'm very close to an answer, but better safe than sorry! Please continue to bid normally though while we look into this :)

Thank you for your efforst, its extremely enjoyable to learn something is being done over the issue.

• sin20
    Options
    I ask you, if you dont expect to win, why shoot yourself on the foot and show anything of your real strength against us? As for missing 2 squads, must of been word of mouth after xTW then and not this thread. Either way your people have been insisting we didnt fight complete B team, which sounds pretty weird to me and makes me wonder how weak Crisis has to be for it to not be a B team.

The first infa war we lost in a while, I dunno bout you but when you kept rolling them with 40, you kinda expect to win them fielding whatever. The "sister" guild thing(Not my term for the situation) you got going on in DA where ppl jump from one to the other with a whim is extremely hard for other servers to deal with as nobody is gonna learn bout it till after the war has happened.
    What he said is you guys fought 2 of our teams that are usually of our best 60 and rest were lower geared ppl that arent up there gear and exp wise yet, and yea i would say that was almost our 'B team'.
    Yea we are so weak even though we rolled Infa , same Infa that rolled u guys for a few weeks xD
    And from what i recall of some karma members wcing how they gonna **** infa and roll them only to get rolled and trolled , and yea u certainly field 'whatever' in that few wars, from what i recall of that xtw videos you didnt field 40 but same numbers as infa xD
    And wtf's this about sister guild now, that is a complete bs , that would only be usefull if you knew your oponent earlier and there was no 100h cap xD

But if Crisis and Karma do meet up on T3 this week and we end up wining i guess that will be all cause of thanksgiving weekend :(
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

But if Crisis and Karma do meet up on T3 this week and we end up wining i guess that will be all cause of thanksgiving weekend :(
    You do realize Thanksgiving is just as big holiday in Murica as xmas is? Now if you gonna say xmas isnt gonna impact your attendance hard, well, I dunno what to say. All I am saying next weekend isnt gonna show much in terms of true strength if we meet as one of the factions will be hurting badly for their usual people. Then again odds for meeting are relatively low if every faction plays for themselves and bid for tier 3.

• dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options

I think the issue here is that we made an effort to win both wars. We haven't gotten Karma this season and we sent arguably our top DD squad into Karma, I think the simple explanation is that we underestimated the strength of Karma.

Thank you for your efforst, its extremely enjoyable to learn something is being done over the issue.

LOL

I'm not exactly sure why you quoted a post that directly contradicts what you say immediately after. I mean, congrats on beating Crisis at half strength with your entire guild, I guess?

And don't give me that **** about missing players. Crisis has to deal with missing multiple endgame players every single week. We've had several endgame players sniped by infa, some of who are full +12 endgame sharded and RB2/20 aptitude. My squad had to play without a BM or veno for the entire war. You guys complain and make excuses. We just deal with it :wink: .

The fact is that Karma talks a big game every week but never actually backs it up. You guys lost last X-TW season to Infa, and you've lost multiple times to a guild that isn't even in the running for a helmet this season. You're not even in 2nd place this season, and you had a head start. You're barely ahead of Goldigerz (no offense, GD).

I expected more out of a faction that has collected every single endgame player on the server to the point where there's no real competition in your TW scene.

As for our split last week, all I said was that we made an attempt to try to win both wars. Our leads knew Infa was showing up in full force early. We responded early in kind. Given Karma's penchant for strategic errors in the past, it was worth our while to send some squads into Karma as well. If you guys ended up splitting wars like us we would have had a chance at winning both wars. It didn't end up that way. What's insane is that you somehow arrive at the conclusion that Karma is miles ahead of Crisis because you beat a split Crisis at half strength :confused: .

• keihan007#7641
    Options
    LOL

I'm not exactly sure why you quoted a post that directly contradicts what you say immediately after. I mean, congrats on beating Crisis at half strength with your entire guild, I guess?

And don't give me that **** about missing players. Crisis has to deal with missing multiple endgame players every single week. We've had several endgame players sniped by infa, some of who are full +12 endgame sharded and RB2/20 aptitude. My squad had to play without a BM or veno for the entire war. You guys complain and make excuses. We just deal with it :wink: .

The fact is that Karma talks a big game every week but never actually backs it up. You guys lost last X-TW season to Infa, and you've lost multiple times to a guild that isn't even in the running for a helmet this season. You're not even in 2nd place this season, and you had a head start. You're barely ahead of Goldigerz (no offense, GD).

I expected more out of a faction that has collected every single endgame player on the server to the point where there's no real competition in your TW scene.

As for our split last week, all I said was that we made an attempt to try to win both wars. Our leads knew Infa was showing up in full force early. We responded early in kind. Given Karma's penchant for strategic errors in the past, it was worth our while to send some squads into Karma as well. If you guys ended up splitting wars like us we would have had a chance at winning both wars. It didn't end up that way. What's insane is that you somehow arrive at the conclusion that Karma is miles ahead of Crisis because you beat a split Crisis at half strength :confused: .

EU guild talk bout missing people for xTW, lol? We have plenty of ppl who cant make xTW time ever due work. On top of that we missed people last week, who usually make it, it was honestly a complete clusterfuck on our part I didnt really expect to win 5mins before war started. As for losing players to other factions, we lost +12 deity wizzie, +12 deity SB +11 JOSD BM + 11 vit stone veno to other factions in the past 2 weeks? This not counting the 5 ppl from our perma rosters just quitting the game recently.

I dunno but being the most successful xTW guild on PWI to date might suggest we actually back our talk. Crisis on other hand has never even won a single xTW helmet, lol.

Its funny how ppl keep saying Karma has collected every factor on Etherblade, its simply not true. Sure, you can believe in it if its what you need to sleep at night but Karma has less NPs than Crisis does, than Infamous does, than Hoorah does, than Tempest does...Sure amount of NP doesnt tell everything but it suggest where our top geared players are who just dont compare with what other factions can throw into field. Gear wise that is,

I have said for 2 pages now(?) how I thought I was fighting alts. But people have kept arguing, likely to justify how long Infamous managed to stay close in the other war, how the people in Karma werent a complete B team. If that were to be true, Crisis would be far weaker than I imagined. But please do explain karmas strategic errors, I am awaiting.

• dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options
    LOL

EU guild talk bout missing people for xTW, lol? We have plenty of ppl who cant make xTW time ever due work. On top of that we missed people last week, who usually make it, it was honestly a complete clusterfuck on our part I didnt really expect to win 5mins before war started. As for losing players to other factions, we lost +12 deity wizzie, +12 deity SB +11 JOSD BM + 11 vit stone veno to other factions in the past 2 weeks? This not counting the 5 ppl from our perma rosters just quitting the game recently.

I dunno but being the most successful xTW guild on PWI to date might suggest we actually back our talk. Crisis on other hand has never even won a single xTW helmet, lol.

Its funny how ppl keep saying Karma has collected every factor on Etherblade, its simply not true. Sure, you can believe in it if its what you need to sleep at night but Karma has less NPs than Crisis does, than Infamous does, than Hoorah does, than Tempest does...Sure amount of NP doesnt tell everything but it suggest where our top geared players are who just dont compare with what other factions can throw into field. Gear wise that is,

I have said for 2 pages now(?) how I thought I was fighting alts. But people have kept arguing, likely to justify how long Infamous managed to stay close in the other war, how the people in Karma werent a complete B team. If that were to be true, Crisis would be far weaker than I imagined. But please do explain karmas strategic errors, I am awaiting.

Again, more excuses.

You don't think Crisis has had to deal with the same things you did? We don't write walls of text on the public forums complaining about it, though.

There is no pressure to win X-TW for us, our only goal this season, straight from our leaders, was to improve our X-TW performance. We don't come on forums every week proclaiming how strong we are or how other factions will need a stroke of luck to even stand a chance. We just work to improve ourselves.

Obviously, we've exceeded our initial expectations. That doesn't mean we expect to win - the season isn't over yet. I think we will be satisfied with our performance regardless of the outcome, because last season we weren't even a factor in the rankings.

And again, you proclaim yourselves the "most successful xTW guild on PWI to date", but all I hear are excuses on why you're losing to other factions every season. Excuses are not how you become the "most successful xTW guild on PWI to date".
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    Again, more excuses.

You don't think Crisis has had to deal with the same things you did? We don't write walls of text on the public forums complaining about it, though.

There is no pressure to win X-TW for us, our only goal this season, straight from our leaders, was to improve our X-TW performance. We don't come on forums every week proclaiming how strong we are or how other factions will need a stroke of luck to even stand a chance. We just work to improve ourselves.

Obviously, we've exceeded our initial expectations. That doesn't mean we expect to win - the season isn't over yet. I think we will be satisfied with our performance regardless of the outcome, because last season we weren't even a factor in the rankings.

And again, you proclaim yourselves the "most successful xTW guild on PWI to date", but all I hear are excuses on why you're losing to other factions every season. Excuses are not how you become the "most successful xTW guild on PWI to date".

I am starting to understand why Any doesnt even bother with you, lol. You are the one to bring up "We lost ppl to other factions" to which I responded so have we with examples.

And its not an opinion, its a fact Karma is most successful xTW faction to date on PWI. We are tied with Infamous actually - Our worst ranking at the end of season is 2nd atm. Karma is also only faction with a perfect season(No loss) to this date but asking for those is ridiculous as it involves a fair bit of luck too. You can like it or not but it does not change the facts. Stating these facts is imo just stating facts, not showing off but what would a loser understand bout that, lol.

You can see them as excuses, I really dont care but you really think we dont analyze every single loss and most wins to how to improve? I have been kind enough to provide some of the conclusions on these forums, But obviously I am not gonna open our playbook wide open here, no one would.

Ps. I am still awaiting on these penchant mistakes Karma keeps doing. While I do recall certain xTW video thread bout Crisis to turn into a complete troll playground due performance Crisis pulled off.

• dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Again, more excuses.

I am starting to understand why Any doesnt even bother with you, lol. You are the one to bring up "We lost ppl to other factions" to which I responded so have we with examples.

And its not an opinion, its a fact Karma is most successful xTW faction to date on PWI. We are tied with Infamous actually - Our worst ranking at the end of season is 2nd atm. Karma is also only faction with a perfect season(No loss) to this date but asking for those is ridiculous as it involves a fair bit of luck too. You can like it or not but it does not change the facts. Stating these facts is imo just stating facts, not showing off but what would a loser understand bout that, lol.

You can see them as excuses, I really dont care but you really think we dont analyze every single loss and most wins to how to improve? I have been kind enough to provide some of the conclusions on these forums, But obviously I am not gonna open our playbook wide open here, no one would.

Ps. I am still awaiting on these penchant mistakes Karma keeps doing. While I do recall certain xTW video thread bout Crisis to turn into a complete troll playground due performance Crisis pulled off.

You do seem to have a tendency to ignore or forgot what you wrote in earlier posts, which I find quite astonishing because the only effort required is to scroll up and read your past posts. I suggest you try this in the future before you post again as it will help you form more coherent arguments.

All I'm doing is responding to your claims. You originally brought up this assertion that we have a "sister guild" that feeds us members, which is simply not the case. We had 4 big factions, one of them disbanded, and the resulting members applied to both infamous, reign, and crisis, among other guilds. It gained us a couple members, but we lost a couple other members to infamous at the same time. To accuse us of this begs the question of whether or not Karma has ever accepted past members from Goldigerz, or any other etherblade faction.

Again, using this "sister guild" thing as an excuse to why you lost to infamous is just that - another made up excuse. You failed to assign the proper squad distribution to infamous, and that's why you lost, not because there's a mysterious "sister guild" that feeds infamous and crisis randomly.

As I've stated before, you're the one claiming Crisis has no chance against Karma, you're the one claiming we "expected" or "didn't expect" to win the Karma war. All I stated was that we sent squads into both wars to see if we could pull off a double win. It didn't work out that way.

I didn't draw any definite conclusions from that - you did. Apparently for you it shows that we can't win against tempest or Karma, when we have already beaten tempest in a very 1-sided 1v1 earlier this season, and we were at half strength vs Karma.

That suggests to me that you don't actually rely on facts, and that you just say whatever you feel like saying based on emotions and ego.
  • keihan007#7641
    edited November 2016
    Options
    You do seem to have a tendency to ignore or forgot what you wrote in earlier posts, which I find quite astonishing because the only effort required is to scroll up and read your past posts. I suggest you try this in the future before you post again as it will help you form more coherent arguments.

All I'm doing is responding to your claims. You originally brought up this assertion that we have a "sister guild" that feeds us members, which is simply not the case. We had 4 big factions, one of them disbanded, and the resulting members applied to both infamous, reign, and crisis, among other guilds. It gained us a couple members, but we lost a couple other members to infamous at the same time. To accuse us of this begs the question of whether or not Karma has ever accepted past members from Goldigerz, or any other etherblade faction.

Again, using this "sister guild" thing as an excuse to why you lost to infamous is just that - another made up excuse. You failed to assign the proper squad distribution to infamous, and that's why you lost, not because there's a mysterious "sister guild" that feeds infamous and crisis randomly.

As I've stated before, you're the one claiming Crisis has no chance against Karma, you're the one claiming we "expected" or "didn't expect" to win the Karma war. All I stated was that we sent squads into both wars to see if we could pull off a double win. It didn't work out that way. I didn't draw any definite conclusions from that - you did.

Actually, DA has a lot more movement between top factions than Etherblade for example least. I know we talked to some Infamous who said they had accepted 30ish people in the time we had maybe 5 apps on our site - This wasnt during any merge times afaik.

And you wouldnt know we lost the war to Infamous simply for messing up had I not told you and as I told you after the war, you cant of known it by the time you decided to show Karma making it pretty invalid reasoning in this thread.. Its the only mistake you are aware of, hardly making it a tendency as there is no faction who doesnt make a mistake sooner or later. Meanwhile Crisis has been trolled on and off for a year now bout xTW - Specially bout their strategies, which have been consistently bad. So I ask again, where you get this "penchant of mistakes" for Karma?

Its simple logic, if you dont expect to have a real shot at winning a war, you dont send people in you need elsewhere. And I cant understand how you thought to have snowballs chance in hell with what you sent when we started filling the instance up. You would of been rolled by QQme with what you sent, let alone a faction, which according to you, has everybody who matter on Etherblade.

And I have nowhere said Crisis has no chance against Karma. I have stated if what we saw last weekend was anything but a complete B team, Crisis is gonna have rough time in 1v1 war with Karma.

• dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options

As I've stated before, you're the one claiming Crisis has no chance against Karma, you're the one claiming we "expected" or "didn't expect" to win the Karma war. All I stated was that we sent squads into both wars to see if we could pull off a double win. It didn't work out that way. I didn't draw any definite conclusions from that - you did.

Actually, DA has a lot more movement between top factions than Etherblade for example least. I know we talked to some Infamous who said they had accepted 30ish people in the time we had maybe 5 apps on our site - This wasnt during any merge times afaik.

And you wouldnt know we lost the war to Infamous simply for messing up had I not told you and as I told you after the war, you cant of known it by the time you decided to show Karma making it pretty invalid reasoning in this thread.. Its the only mistake you are aware of, hardly making it a tendency as there is no faction who doesnt make a mistake sooner or later. Meanwhile Crisis has been trolled on and off for a year now bout xTW - Specially bout their strategies, which have been consistently bad. So I ask again, where you get this "penchant of mistakes" for Karma?

Its simple logic, if you dont expect to have a real shot at winning a war, you dont send people in you need elsewhere. And I cant understand how you thought to have snowballs chance in hell with what you sent when we started filling the instance up. You would of been rolled by QQme with what you sent, let alone a faction, which according to you, has everybody who matter on Etherblade.

And I have nowhere said Crisis has no chance against Karma. I have stated if what we saw last weekend was anything but a complete B team, Crisis is gonna have rough time in 1v1 war with Karma.

This is how x-TW works: we don't know immediately whether you will get multiple wars or not, or whether you will even send people in. We won't know immediately whether you're sending your top squads in or just the leftovers. Infamous made it obvious very early on that they were sending everything against Crisis.

We sent in what we needed to win the infamous war. We then split the rest into Karma. Are you suggesting that the better option would have been for the 50 or so players left to just sit there and do nothing? You do realize we can't send 100 players into the infamous war, right?

Here's the simple math. If we just have those players sit there and do nothing, we lose the Karma war 100%. If we send those players into Karma, we have a chance to win, however small. Perhaps Karma will opt to defend another territory, or make another mistake in assigning squads to different wars. Perhaps our squads will perform better than expected. Who knows.

Having those players just sit there and do nothing, if you're saying that's what Karma would have done, would have been a "mistake".
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

This is how x-TW works: we don't know immediately whether you will get multiple wars or not, or whether you will even send people in. We won't know immediately whether you're sending your top squads in or just the leftovers. Infamous made it obvious very early on that they were sending everything against Crisis.

We sent in what we needed to win the infamous war. We then split the rest into Karma. Are you suggesting that the better option would have been for the 50 or so players left to just sit there and do nothing? You do realize we can't send 100 players into the infamous war, right?

Here's the simple math. If we just have those players sit there and do nothing, we lose the Karma war 100%. If we send those players into Karma, we have a chance to win, however small. Perhaps Karma will opt to defend another territory, or make another mistake in assigning squads to different wars. Perhaps our squads will perform better than expected. Who knows.

Having those players just sit there and do nothing, if you're saying that's what Karma would have done, would have been a "mistake".

You won against Infamous but while I was too lazy to watch the video to end, it was hardly onesided stomp. If you know exactly what you needed to win vs Infamous due being on same server, good for you, but I really doubt it. Obviously you send your extras to war to get their credits and xTW rewards but you did sent some stronger players you could of used in Infamous war. Had Infamous been slightly stronger showing, which doesnt seem all that impossible to me, you might of lost both wars due sending too much to Karma war. Had that happened, you would of lost basically any chances to win the season. Plain enough for you now?

The moment we started sending ppl into Crisis war, you should of known it was over considering the gear level of some of the ppl you had sent in. Why it was over in that moment? If Karma had been in a weakened position, it would of not stretched itself too thin and risked other wars by sending some sad attempt to **** around against Crisis.

Ps. ITT: Complains bout missing ppl while having 100 ppl available for xTW. You EU guilds have no idea how massive advantage timezone gives you.

• hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    -last time i checked, karma had a pretty decent amount of non american players, while crisis has north american players too.
    and then again, we are mostly all nerds who rather TW than attending family.

-the 30 people that joined infamous are mostly undergeared and inexperienced people that dont even use voice chat->useless! that happened after you lost to infamous twice.

-karma the most successfull xtw faction? maybe. the strongest? laughable.
  • sin20
    Options
    Wow dude u are just idk xD
    U talk about us justifying sending ppl to infa war cause it lasted long , but you lost to that same infamous few weeks before that 2 times xD
    You were lucky enough last week to only have that t3 major war with 5 more lands that you own and since we had to try to go for 2 wars you manage to win against us and all of a sudden we dont stand a chance against u? xD
    You think only your faction is missing ppl? For every week we had 100+ signups with 20-30 good geared ppl (that would be considered top 60 in any other guild) signed up as no xD
    We have around 50+ active ppl that are from NA , good majority of them cant attend the wars, we are lucky cause they cant attend? You just dont seem to realize but every faction has same problems as yours does xD
    Crisis strategies are laughable , well i can assure you if video's were posted here of your xtw losses to infamous while you were so confident and trolling them to win, just to end up loosing cause of w/e reason , well trust me you would have got trolled even worse :)
    Funny guy talking **** about our xtw strategy cause of 1 lost war against tempest where we had to focus on wining t3 at same time cause of pwi monkeys failing to reset for season 2 to catch up in points thinking same thing can happen in season 3 xD
    Yet if your losses were made public , we would have saw you great xtw strategy fighting 2 top factions at same time (since that is the excuse u used for infa losses) :)
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Crisis making fun of Karma while Crisis has yet to finish a season in the top 3 -_-'' and Karma has yet to finish a season NOT in the top 3 -_-''

Just some numbers we've seen during xNW:
    Dawnglory had nearly twice the number of people as Tideswell/Twilight Temple.
    Etherblade usually had 20% ppl less than Dawnglory.
    Every single week.

Its pretty clear which server has the advantage here, simply because they have a higher playerbase available at the time of xTW... To say you dont is surely a joke. Seems to me Crisis is getting a little too excited over their first top 3 finish and they getting a little ahead of themselves, Id be more worried about losing your 1st of even 2nd place after that mess-up last weekend by giving free points to Karma instead of giving those free points to Infamous...
  • sin20
    Options
    Last few xNW's numbers for each server were actually pretty close, the reason for our big population is simple, EU was the most active and the biggest server of PWI xD
    Our goal this season was to improve out attendance of xTW and to get in top 3 , goal was met.
    And you keep talking about our mess up with focusing on T2 against infa instead of T3 against karma , im surprised u actually didnt realize yet why we had to focus t2 (it got nothing to do with hating infa xD) yet u keep talking about it , i get it you are upset that karma overtook u in rankings of top 3 now and you would prefer we focused them since that way it would benefit you better.
    Let me explain it to you so you can understand , if we focused karma this week with tempest having a free t3 we would have beat karma imo , but next week we woudnt be able to bid t3 and tempest imo can beat karma and that way we would simply hand over tempest 2 free wins of t3 + their t1 and t2 lands and they would have passed us in rankings coming into finish of the season with a lead ahead of us and with 3 lands more then us xD
    But hey that is a mess up right , we should defo focused karma so u can be 3rd xD
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Crisis making fun of Karma while Crisis has yet to finish a season in the top 3 -_-'' and Karma has yet to finish a season NOT in the top 3 -_-''

Just some numbers we've seen during xNW:
    Dawnglory had nearly twice the number of people as Tideswell/Twilight Temple.
    Etherblade usually had 20% ppl less than Dawnglory.
    Every single week.

Its pretty clear which server has the advantage here, simply because they have a higher playerbase available at the time of xTW... To say you dont is surely a joke. Seems to me Crisis is getting a little too excited over their first top 3 finish and they getting a little ahead of themselves, Id be more worried about losing your 1st of even 2nd place after that mess-up last weekend by giving free points to Karma instead of giving those free points to Infamous...

Sorry, but Karma is the one claiming Crisis is going to need a massive stroke of luck to even win 1v1 vs Karma. To complain about numbers when you can't even send more than 60 people into a single war just feels like crying and QQ over nothing.
    You won against Infamous but while I was too lazy to watch the video to end, it was hardly onesided stomp. If you know exactly what you needed to win vs Infamous due being on same server, good for you, but I really doubt it. Obviously you send your extras to war to get their credits and xTW rewards but you did sent some stronger players you could of used in Infamous war. Had Infamous been slightly stronger showing, which doesnt seem all that impossible to me, you might of lost both wars due sending too much to Karma war. Had that happened, you would of lost basically any chances to win the season. Plain enough for you now?

The moment we started sending ppl into Crisis war, you should of known it was over considering the gear level of some of the ppl you had sent in. Why it was over in that moment? If Karma had been in a weakened position, it would of not stretched itself too thin and risked other wars by sending some sad attempt to **** around against Crisis.

It's amazing how you and saxroll are even trying to justify your arguments.

Yes, we knew what we needed to win vs infamous. We've been winning 1v1 in TW in under 12 minutes. We're not going to send a full force to steamroll infa when we can split and have a chance to win against Karma. The logic you're using for this is absurd. We're not going to have all of our members just sit there outside the battle doing nothing when we can send them into Karma and have a small chance of winning.

Maybe that's why your faction is losing to infamous...do you not understand how to split forces into different battles? Why did you even send people into Infamous when you had no chance to win? You're contradicting yourself over and over here.

• keihan007#7641
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Sorry, but Karma is the one claiming Crisis is going to need a massive stroke of luck to even win 1v1 vs Karma. To complain about numbers when you can't even send more than 60 people into a single war just feels like crying and QQ over nothing.

It's amazing how you and saxroll are even trying to justify your arguments.

Yes, we knew what we needed to win vs infamous. We've been winning 1v1 in TW in under 12 minutes. We're not going to send a full force to steamroll infa when we can split and have a chance to win against Karma. The logic you're using for this is absurd. We're not going to have all of our members just sit there outside the battle doing nothing when we can send them into Karma and have a small chance of winning.

Maybe that's why your faction is losing to infamous...do you not understand how to split forces into different battles? Why did you even send people into Infamous when you had no chance to win?

Is it because of this magical "sister guild" that infamous is using?

I would seriously consider re-rolling to school for some reading comprehension if I were you. Nobody has said Crisis needs needs a stroke of luck to win anybody if they sent a full B team into Karma war. I have said it for multiple pages now, I thought I was fighting alts but being pretty small community, word travels and Crisis members been claiming they actually sent something significant into our war, which to me feels impossible. So either Crisis is far below the standard we assumed them to be or they are trying to save face for taking their sweet time with Infamous.

As for Karma losing to Infamous, we underestimated them due prior encounters. We thought we knew what Infamous at the time was capable of, we clearly thought wrong, I am not ashamed to admit that. It was obvious they had recruited in mass since our earlier encounters but its part of the xTW environment and one needs to learn to deal with it.

Anybody should of known what you sent to Karma war wouldnt be enough. Had Infamous been slightly stronger, they actually lead the war for a good while, you would of lost any chance to win this season. Obviously you would still send all the extras you cant fit into Infamous war for credit but throwing in random NP player(s?) to a war you had no chance of winning is simply pointless waste. Like I can understand underestimating an opponent but I really struggle to understand what on earth the showing Crisis sent was supposed to beat.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Good morning PWI!

Good news! I can share the point system breakdown for you guys so here it goes! Per CN -

The rule of points of DC:
    1) If a faction only have Vile Dragon Camp lands, the points will be “the number of lands” * 10.
    2) If a faction have both Vile Dragon Camp lands and Swirling Dragon Valley lands, the points will be “the total number of both two level lands” * 10.
    3) If a faction have Swirling Dragon Valley lands, but no Vile Dragon Camp lands, it cannot gain any points.
    4) Attack Swirling Dragon Valley land and success, will gain extra 10 points.
    5) Attack Dragon's Meet land and success, will gain extra 40 points.

So this would explain why 90 points happened. Why players have never seen higher than 70 points in any given week leads me to believe that the system was naturally pairing people such that no one ever held more than a certain amount of lands to observe this behavior (also point three implies that factions might have also observed no point gain if they lost land as well, or had fewer gains such that it never went above 70) The amount of factions participating (too few or too many) will change up the ratios of battles being created. So while it seems unlikely, it is entirely possible that one faction not only had battlefields generated with "no opponents" for all their lands, but also got a "no battle".

CN is checking to see why a refund was not issued for "no battle", so this is pending a response. Because if you had no battlefields generated with that messaging, you were supposed to get that money back.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    Good morning PWI!

Good news! I can share the point system breakdown for you guys so here it goes! Per CN -

1) If a faction only have Vile Dragon Camp lands, the points will be “the number of lands” * 10.
    2) If a faction have both Vile Dragon Camp lands and Swirling Dragon Valley lands, the points will be “the total number of both two level lands” * 10.
    3) If a faction have Swirling Dragon Valley lands, but no Vile Dragon Camp lands, it cannot gain any points.

So this would explain why 90 points happened. Why players have never seen higher than 70 points in any given week leads me to believe that the system was naturally pairing people such that no one ever held more than a certain amount of lands to observe this behavior (also point three implies that factions might have also observed no point gain if they lost land as well, or had fewer gains such that it never went above 70) The amount of factions participating (too few or too many) will change up the ratios of battles being created. So while it seems unlikely, it is entirely possible that one faction not only had battlefields generated with "no opponents" for all their lands, but also got a "no battle".

CN is checking to see why a refund was not issued for "no battle", so this is pending a response. Because if you had no battlefields generated with that messaging, you were supposed to get that money back.

The thing is, you will have a battle for your bid no matter what. Or you are supposed to, this of course as long as there arent too many factions bidding on same tier. But that isnt the case for tier 3.

We have had no opponents weeks before and battlefield was created those times meaning either it has glitched to us in past when it shouldnt of created them or its glitched now that it didnt. I would hope its the latter.

What interests me and rest of Karma most is why our bid didnt go trough by what I mean why werent we assigned an attack battle?

• sin20
    Options
    I would seriously consider re-rolling to school for some reading comprehension if I were you. Nobody has said Crisis needs needs a stroke of luck to win anybody if they sent a full B team into Karma war. I have said it for multiple pages now, I thought I was fighting alts but being pretty small community, word travels and Crisis members been claiming they actually sent something significant into our war, which to me feels impossible. So either Crisis is far below the standard we assumed them to be or they are trying to save face for taking their sweet time with Infamous.

As for Karma losing to Infamous, we underestimated them due prior encounters. We thought we knew what Infamous at the time was capable of, we clearly thought wrong, I am not ashamed to admit that. It was obvious they had recruited in mass since our earlier encounters but its part of the xTW environment and one needs to learn to deal with it.

Anybody should of known what you sent to Karma war wouldnt be enough. Had Infamous been slightly stronger, they actually lead the war for a good while, you would of lost any chance to win this season. Obviously you would still send all the extras you cant fit into Infamous war for credit but throwing in random NP player(s?) to a war you had no chance of winning is simply pointless waste. Like I can understand underestimating an opponent but I really struggle to understand what on earth the showing Crisis sent was supposed to beat.
    Well only reason Infamous was leading at 1st 3rd of the war was cause they went to rush towers and managed to get a good lead off it but we controled the side crystals and cought up in points and after made a significant lead (800-900 points) and yea we had to log few alts after Infamous showed in full power against us so we had to abandon Karma war.
    We only had 1 NP player this week and he came late and joined Infa war, other one coudnt make it due to being from NA and having rl stuff (work) , but hey that doesnt matter since we dont miss any ppl due to bad time slot for us aswell eh?
    7-8 players loged alts to go in infa war and with that we more or less had no chance to win t3, but like you said t3 was your only battle but if it was not the forces we sent to t3 would have been enough if you had to spread across 3 wars but well thats all RNG.
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The chances for Crisis lie in getting Tempest/Karma next weekend for tier 3 and the other one getting ganked to hell so they lose significant portion of their lands. Next weekend is gonna be very determining in who wins - I dont think Crisis has it in them to 1vs1 either Karma or Tempest w/o thanksgiving weekend, That being said I would call Tempest favorites to win it as they hold their fate in their own hands. For Karma/Crisis to win, they need to either beat Tempest in tier3 battle or hope somebody else does.

Case in point. We've already beaten Tempest 1v1. You are operating off incorrect information and making assumptions where you're not qualified to.

In all honesty, infamous destroyed you in those wars. Infa was the #1 winner last season. Anybody should have known what you sent into that war would not have been enough. You simply failed at assigning squads properly. If infamous recruiting a couple players with under 1000 spirit caused you to lose, then your faction is in worse shape than I thought.

We fight infamous on a daily basis. We JUST beat them in TW 2 hours before the X-TW. We haven't fought Karma this season. Sending our NP sin into the infamous war would have been equally as pointless, because we won the infa war by more than a 2:1 margin, as well as killing their dragon and keeping them base-locked. What would be the point of sending a NP sin into that?

It took longer than we expected to win, but stretching our forces into two provided the best chance of winning both wars, however small. The only thing sending an NP sin into Infa would have done is win it faster.

I'd suggest Karma work on improving their strategies since you guys don't seem to have a full grasp on that.

Post edited by dregenfox on
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    I will share the test results we got yesterday, so this could end up raising more questions or hopefully make things clearer.

We had two factions that met the requirements to bid on Dragon's Meet. We had some clean land and had multiple characters bid on the empty Vile Lands.

The system did its best to pair everyone, so a majority of factions got into a battle. Due to the general wonkiness of our test servers we had some characters who entered cross but had "None" as their opponent, yet it populated someone after a few minutes (this appears to not happen on live though, and we concluded this is based on the adjustments made to DC for testing purposes)

Both factions who had bid on Dragon's Meet and qualified for it both got into a battle against each other, but we do not have more than two qualifying factions, so we could not properly simulate the current live situation without having to repeatedly run DC. For context - the entire procedure to test one DC run takes a couple hours.

It does state in the ruleset in-game that if too many factions are bidding in a group set, factions can be randomly skipped. So it doesn't say battles are guaranteed week after week.To be fair we didn't see what happens if you just let the full time run and don't make it to where you have a points advantage, but I assume it should default to the land holder as the winner. When you are bidding towards an unclaimed land, the system is supposed to work to place you in a field together with someone else, but we had one instance where it did something similar but on a lower tier. Of course, asking around who bid where would jeopardize strategies, so I doubt you will get an answer on the total amount of people who bid. (and no, before you ask, we can't see it on our end either as far as I'm aware)
  • sin20
    Options
    I will share the test results we got yesterday, so this could end up raising more questions or hopefully make things clearer.

We had two factions that met the requirements to bid on Dragon's Meet. We had some clean land and had multiple characters bid on the empty Vile Lands.

The system did its best to pair everyone, so a majority of factions got into a battle. Due to the general wonkiness of our test servers we had some characters who entered cross but had "None" as their opponent, yet it populated someone after a few minutes (this appears to not happen on live though, and we concluded this is based on the adjustments made to DC for testing purposes)

Both factions who had bid on Dragon's Meet and qualified for it both got into a battle against each other, but we do not have more than two qualifying factions, so we could not properly simulate the current live situation without having to repeatedly run DC. For context - the entire procedure to test one DC run takes a couple hours.

It does state in the ruleset in-game that if too many factions are bidding in a group set, factions can be randomly skipped. So it doesn't say battles are guaranteed week after week.To be fair we didn't see what happens if you just let the full time run and don't make it to where you have a points advantage, but I assume it should default to the land holder as the winner. When you are bidding towards an unclaimed land, the system is supposed to work to place you in a field together with someone else, but we had one instance where it did something similar but on a lower tier. Of course, asking around who bid where would jeopardize strategies, so I doubt you will get an answer on the total amount of people who bid. (and no, before you ask, we can't see it on our end either as far as I'm aware)

Well that is what happened to their bid then , it was simply skipped cause of 2 many bids it seems , its what we kinda thought happened to them.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Good morning PWI!

My memory isnt good enough to confirm what happened in the past with 100% certainty, I did some looking back in other threads to see if I could find anything conclusive but I couldn't, but I did find someone that might be able to shed some light on the situation!
    asterelle wrote: »
    Well now with this error there have been 2 weeks of fail with respect to XTW this season. Since the maximum score you can get per week is 70, the current scores are only going to be accurate +/- 140. Anyone within that range of first place should qualify for the prize.​​

-passes ball- maybe his memory is better than mine

I dont know for sure if I ever took the time to verify this to be true, I do think I did and there was a week in which Karma shudve gotten 80 points n only got 70, but I dont know for certain...

source http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1204781/missing-ncp-for-xtw-restart-competition/p1
    Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on
  • keihan007#7641
    edited November 2016
    Options

In all honesty, infamous destroyed you in those wars. Infa was the #1 winner last season. Anybody should have known what you sent into that war would not have been enough. You simply failed at assigning squads properly. If infamous recruiting a couple players with under 1000 spirit caused you to lose, then your faction is in worse shape than I thought.

We fight infamous on a daily basis. We JUST beat them in TW 2 hours before the X-TW. We haven't fought Karma this season. Sending our NP sin into the infamous war would have been equally as pointless, because we won the infa war by more than a 2:1 margin, as well as killing their dragon and keeping them base-locked. What would be the point of sending a NP sin into that?

It took longer than we expected to win, but stretching our forces into two provided the best chance of winning both wars, however small. The only thing sending an NP sin into Infa would have done is win it faster.

I'd suggest Karma work on improving their strategies since you guys don't seem to have a full grasp on that.

*Sigh*. We beat Infa like 2 or 3 times in a row before those two losses. These wins were towards the end of season 2/start of season 3. Infamous feels like a rollercoaster with their power spikes and lackluster performances. I dont quite understand what you are trying to achieve with "You lost to Infamous cause you failed to assign squads" though. Yes, I`ve said as much myself, so what? We are all human and humans make mistakes.

Ps. Why dont you bring a single mistake of karmas xTW strategies up? Discounting the one I disclosed so far that is :).

• keihan007#7641
    edited November 2016
    Options

Well that is what happened to their bid then , it was simply skipped cause of 2 many bids it seems , its what we kinda thought happened to them.

I dont even...

So you are saying there is only 2 tier 3 lands to fight for? Because thats how many lands were taken the week we didnt get our bid trough. A disclaimer, there is a lot more than that. As you need tier 2 to bid on tier 3 and considering there is like 5 duplicate lands currently for factions, overfilling tier 3 battles seems impossibility.