xTW bidding broken?

Comments

• phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    That Dingo guy left Hoorah so i think he should quit being lumped into conversations and banter about them guess he wants to get a start on tht super #uno faction non sense he keeps preaching =x
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    BtwX6Uz.png

we did it boys, our top 8 is symmetrical
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    I do understand :neutral: just gotta merge all your factions into 1 and win by gear! Lets get this Vindicate merge going Cap

Like we would merge with a faction that doesn't even know how to do TW.
    phage69 wrote: »
    That Dingo guy left Hoorah so i think he should quit being lumped into conversations and banter about them guess he wants to get a start on tht super #uno faction non sense he keeps preaching =x

Oh I didn't know that. Explains why Hoorah started winning again.

In other news, we made a palindrome in the rankings this week. Dawnglory 1st and 8th, Tideswell 2nd and 7th, Twilight Temple 3rd and 6th, Etherblade 4th and 5th.

3ZUVIx6.png

• dingo488
    edited November 2016
    capnk wrote: »
    Like we would merge with a faction that doesn't even know how to do TW.

True :'( On an other note, all factions can disband tomorrow, lose all their lands in xTW next week cept from Vindicate and you guys still wont get higher than 5th place, please teach us how to TW

• monoftalm
    monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
    So much QQ from Karma! Is this because people are going to Defiance and its 1 step before the end?!
    Deal with it! Join Defiance! Thats a typical call for you people :)

Now a real glich.

We had a war vs QQme and just before we are to win with points (30vs30) QQme Blue dragon agroed my guildie and moved down of the platform and started 1 shotting everyone (even barbs)

Thats how we lost by points.. And this is a Major glich -- ... glich for a huge thread -- we wont pull it here unless it happens again..

e6vr78.jpg
    <3
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    monoftalm wrote: »
    So much QQ from Karma! Is this because people are going to Defiance and its 1 step before the end?!
    Deal with it! Join Defiance! Thats a typical call for you people :)

Now a real glich.

We had a war vs QQme and just before we are to win with points (30vs30) QQme Blue dragon agroed my guildie and moved down of the platform and started 1 shotting everyone (even barbs)

Thats how we lost by points.. And this is a Major glich -- ... glich for a huge thread -- we wont pull it here unless it happens again..

Man, this obsession ppl got going for Karma is cute. We lost some people, we gained some people. Even so Defiance could not push us out of their base once before the war was done last Caturday and I fail to realize how such faction is remotely valid choice for xTW players.

If a major glitch happens, you provide the information to staff so they can do something bout it. Its not only because you get screwed over by it but so it can be fixed and it wont affect others.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    This would be hilarious if at the end of the day, you were the only faction to bid on the tier 3 hense no fight. i dont think any other faction was on tier 3 that weekend anyway. Only past couple weeks has a faction been on the tier 3.
    You shouldnt rely on those crisis vs tempest fights (yet crisis lost one of them), Tempest has changed alot after that, strategy wise and numbers. Idk if tempest could beat crisis atm, but im sure it wouldnt be a one sided fight.

Yeah Tempest crushed Karma. Had a KD of almost 3:1 too. Was fairly one sided. Can't use Thanksgiving weekend as an excuse either as i'm sure all factions suffered in one way or another.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • keihan007#7641
    edited November 2016
    valdisman wrote: »
    This would be hilarious if at the end of the day, you were the only faction to bid on the tier 3 hense no fight. i dont think any other faction was on tier 3 that weekend anyway. Only past couple weeks has a faction been on the tier 3.
    You shouldnt rely on those crisis vs tempest fights (yet crisis lost one of them), Tempest has changed alot after that, strategy wise and numbers. Idk if tempest could beat crisis atm, but im sure it wouldnt be a one sided fight.

Yeah Tempest crushed Karma. Had a KD of almost 3:1 too. Was fairly one sided. Can't use Thanksgiving weekend as an excuse either as i'm sure all factions suffered in one way or another.

So what? I dont understand how that has anything to do with this thread. Go eat a snickers if you cant handle getting rolled by karma in TW on weekly basis.

Tempest was extremely good and I was personally impressed how well they worked together. There are plenty of other reasons why the war was as onesided as it was but Tempest was just plain better and we got work ahead of us to improve.

• dingo488
    Since this week is the last week, @kalystconquerer what does PWI plan to do in case of a draw? Especially if there is one in the top 3. Previous seasons it didnt really come up, but this season its very relevant. I dont really want to go in any details in public, can always give you more details in private, but its not unlikely that'll happen.
  • valdisman
    Mentions the weekend you didn't have xTW. It's exactly what this crybaby thread is about. You say it isn't about this thread.

So do you even know what you're own thread is about or??
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @dingo488 I would hope that's not the case. I have high doubts the system can do that due to the randomness element, but if a draw happens, we'll have to address that when it comes up. This season decided to have a bunch of lovely surprises for us the entire way though.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    To be fair I can't call lovely surprises worth a few CoM to the winning faction.

If the system fails for what ever reason it's not a true score.

For a game that was not designed to be cross server it shows in the issues we have.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I don't really care about the issue itself (I'm not affected and have a refined/jaded helm I wouldn't replace anyway) and don't want to make trouble for those who might win, but in the sense of having the game be fair and just..... I just have to smh that factions will win billion dollar helms off of a false score due to broken game mechanics... tiger-18.gif Especially while the other billion dollar helms that should be available are locked behind OTHER broken mechanics... tiger-18.giftiger-18.giftiger-18.gif​​
  • keihan007#7641
    Mentions the weekend you didn't have xTW. It's exactly what this crybaby thread is about. You say it isn't about this thread.

So do you even know what you're own thread is about or??

This thread is bout a glitch, pretty sure the whole banter bout this or that faction is derailing this thread but then again what do I do I know, But I guess complaining bout a glitch and wanting it investigated is now being a crybaby, lol.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @heero200 Ah, perhaps I shouldn't say "lovely surprises" so much as revealing 1) The very nature of what sort of RNG can be at work and 2) A point formula that seems, at its face value, working by all accounts that ends up having to be pulled from CN because the player expectation were one way (i.e. what was readily observable in game clashing with the sudden point payout numbers not matching). While we have a ruleset that says "random" and documentation that says "random" - how random these elements are is, hopefully, a bit clearer now.

@eirghan As far as I've seen it to be, it should not be broken, but I'll be keeping a hawkish eye on it after the reset to determine if it is.

In general - if anything else, I still haven't heard back from CN about why a bid would not be refunded...I might ping them again in a week or so if I don't hear back.
  • eirghan
    edited December 2016
    @kalystconquerer#0876 i was more referring to the points that were not reset at the beginning of the season. As far as i know (maybe a missed a reset?) we started with last seasons points? At the very least the season is running without the correct time frame due to the repeatedly failed reset.
  • dingo488
    @dingo488 I would hope that's not the case. I have high doubts the system can do that due to the randomness element, but if a draw happens, we'll have to address that when it comes up. This season decided to have a bunch of lovely surprises for us the entire way though.

Well... a bunch of lovely surprises... Like I said I dun rly wish to go into detail in public on what scenario's can happen but ye... wudnt be much of a surprise.

I thought the rewards were sent out manually, dont think much gets done by the system. For as far as the system is concerned, they list everything alphabetically (based on server) so Dawnglory > Etherblade > Tideswell > Twilight Temple will be listed in that order in case of a draw. I do hope that's not how the rewards are planned to be sent out and points are getting ignored.

But like you said ''we'll have to address that when it comes up'', I would like to know how you plan to address it, as Im sure a lot more people would.

Lets say there's a draw for first place... Will the 1st and (listed) 2nd place faction both receive first place rewards? And what about the 3rd listed faction, will he get 3rd place rewards, or 2nd place rewards. Or will the (listed) 2nd place faction receive 2nd place rewards despite having the exact same amount of points as the first place faction.

Best be prepared :wink:

• prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    monoftalm wrote: »
    Now a real glich.

You lost, not due to a glitch.

Your dragon was not even half dead, and it didn't reset until the tw was over. The dragon moving off the platform was probably an advantage for you, since you could dig the teleport safely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDQ0REcPH3I

Here is one perspective, the dragon is not one shotting everyone. It was a great battle and well fought. I'm glad most Dracon members didn't immediately accuse others of cheating and said gg. Good sportsmanship. Then i read this on the forums lol. tiger-20.gif​​
    m5arXCN.png
  • dingo488
    edited December 2016
    The xTW's are basically over and the season is done, but just out of curiousity, could someone from Karma tell me which of their Swirling Dragon Camp lands got attacked by which faction. Same for Tempest please ^-^
  • valdisman
    JLyCr8L.jpg

Maybe next time saxroll.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • keihan007#7641
    JLyCr8L.jpg

Maybe next time saxroll.

Its cute how salty you have become. I am pretty sure everytime I made that statement, I also stated it was discounting miracle season from GD, there just happen to be letter limit to WCs. So the fact you go around taking SSs out of context is adorable and says a lot more bout you than me.

"You're like an infantile
    I knew it all the while
    You sit and try to play me
    Just like you see on TV".

• aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    yo sax, how was your 1vs1 with crisis?
  • valdisman
    edited December 2016
    saxroll wrote: »
    JLyCr8L.jpg

Maybe next time saxroll.

Its cute how salty you have become. I am pretty sure everytime I made that statement, I also stated it was discounting miracle season from GD, there just happen to be letter limit to WCs. So the fact you go around taking SSs out of context is adorable and says a lot more bout you than me.

"You're like an infantile
    I knew it all the while
    You sit and try to play me
    Just like you see on TV".

See this is why I ss'd and posted it again xDD You never said anything about a miracle season. You simply said that statement and I use it to make you look silly. Yes it's immature of me but sometimes I need to drop your level of understanding and mind set to get a point across. I don't take nothing out of context or skip other things *you've said* because I don't need to and it doesn't happen.

You said,
    I saw,
    I SS'd

Roses are red,
    Karma is blue,
    Got facerolled by crysis and Tempest,
    I'm a poet too.
    Post edited by valdisman on
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Even if there were no GD... Etherblade would be represented on the TOP 10 by Drakon, besides Karma ijs
    So your argument is invalid.

LOL
  • keihan007#7641
    See this is why I ss'd and posted it again xDD You never said anything about a miracle season. You simply said that statement and I use it to make you look silly. Yes it's immature of me but sometimes I need to drop your level of understanding and mind set to get a point across. I don't take nothing out of context or skip other things *you've said* because I don't need to and it doesn't happen.

You said,
    I saw,
    I SS'd

Roses are red,
    Karma is blue,
    I'm a poet too.

Yes you did. I know exactly what I have said, its not my fault you lack something to read the whole discussion and just post something out of context. Maybe I should say I dont swing that way cause this obsession with me you got going is getting bit creepy?

Ps. I was actually quoting something, which I felt was fitting, its a shame you missed that too.

• valdisman
    edited December 2016
    saxroll wrote: »

You said,
    I saw,
    I SS'd

Roses are red,
    Karma is blue,
    I'm a poet too.

Yes you did. I know exactly what I have said, its not my fault you lack something to read the whole discussion and just post something out of context. Maybe I should say I dont swing that way cause this obsession with me you got going is getting bit creepy?

Ps. I was actually quoting something, which I felt was fitting, its a shame you missed that too.

I know exactly what you said too as everything you were saying was aimed at me :D:D I'm actually starting to pity you a little. The fact you can't remember what was said and also to add you said something you didn't, that makes you sound so much like Paiiin. I know it's difficult being a faction that gets farmed by him but sometimes *if you can't beat them, join them* doesn't apply to mannerisms.

I reply to your 4 lines of a song quote with 4 lines of poetry and you say I missed it. Ok then..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • eirghan
    edited December 2016
    I encourage this literary battle. From now on factions can only argue through prose, song lyrics or literature quotes. GO!
  • keihan007#7641

I know exactly what you said too as everything you were saying was aimed at me :D:D I'm actually starting to pity you a little. The fact you can't remember what was said and also to add you said something you didn't, that makes you sound so much like Paiiin. I know it's difficult being a faction that gets farmed by him but sometimes *if you can't beat them, join them* doesn't apply to mannerisms.

I reply to your 4 lines of a song quote with 4 lines of poetry and you say I missed it. Ok then..

I dont even...

You are clearly taking screenshots out of context and being dishonest bout it, I do pity you feel the need to stoop to that level just to try to get to me.

Thats poetry? Okey.

A river flows, tears of sore,
    Golddigger appears, river grows strong,
    Only one win, I ask of you,
    Such fate, forever off reach.

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Im curious last week when we fought karma , were u guys on full power or ?