xTW bidding broken?

Options

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    sin20 wrote: »
    Yea this is really strange and it completely changes all the rankings and strategy factions need to take when biding in xTW now.
    @kalystconquerer Can you test this out and confirm if it was changed? Because if it was right before season 3 is about to end this kind of change completely changes how the end of season will play out.

And what agenda against infa ,if we loose t2 we cant bid t3 next week so we coudnt ignore that war xD
    We had unlucky matchups this week as we had to split to try to fight karma and infa , won against infa and didnt have enough fire power for karma sadly otherwise it woulda been a good fight.

Eh, everybody should be bidding on T3 anyways this close to season ending. Single victory on T3 grants more points than holding tier 1/2 till the end of season at this point. I havent paid enough attention to see if there was a cap, if there was and its now removed, well thats definitely interesting. Hopefully it didnt happen during season as season should be fought with the same rules.

As for the war vs Crisis, it definitely felt like we were fighting some mixture of alts and we have to thank rng partially for that victory. We were far from our full strength tonight, we had 3 BMs rostered who couldnt make it for various reasons for example. As much as I would like a rematch, I do hope its not next weekend. Thansksgiving weekend on Murica is gonna **** all NA factions hard compared to EU ones, we could definitely feel its impact already this weekend.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Hmm could this be GM compensation for not being able to bid last week? Maybe they got 60 points this week plus a bonus 30 from last week? PWI hasn't shown the ability to alter points before. @kalystconquerer can you confirm this?
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    capnk wrote: »
    Hmm could this be GM compensation for not being able to bid last week? Maybe they got 60 points this week plus a bonus 30 from last week? PWI hasn't shown the ability to alter points before. @kalystconquerer can you confirm this?

But I think Tempest also got 80 points, so I think they just altered the system and were unaware of it.

Crisis went a whole season of no-shows in Dragon's Meet n easy tier 2 battles n complains about RNG for 1 bad week? :/ Think most other factions have had to deal with multiple high tier opponents in a single weekend for multiple weeks, Hoorah for example had quite a glorious week of Infamous / Karma / Vindicate / Dynasty all in the same week, good stuff.

Also mathematically it makes no sense for Crisis to prioritize Infamous over Karma. This week you won 20 points so you can attack Dragon's Meet again for 60, thus earning 80 points over 2 weeks. Where doing it the opposite way n beat Karma this week (50 points) and take Swirling Dragon the next (30 points) will also earn you 80 points over 2 weeks. Only difference being who u give the points to, and Crisis decided to give points to Karma (3rd place opponent who could potential contest them in the standings) instead of giving them to Infamous (no way for them to contest Crisis in the standings). :# Mistakes were made, Infamous shudnt have anything to do with your loss against Karma since this shouldve clearly been prioritized!

ce2.png

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    capnk wrote: »

But I think Tempest also got 80 points, so I think they just altered the system and were unaware of it.

Crisis went a whole season of no-shows in Dragon's Meet n easy tier 2 battles n complains about RNG for 1 bad week? :/ Think most other factions have had to deal with multiple high tier opponents in a single weekend for multiple weeks, Hoorah for example had quite a glorious week of Infamous / Karma / Vindicate / Dynasty all in the same week, good stuff.

Also mathematically it makes no sense for Crisis to prioritize Infamous over Karma. This week you won 20 points so you can attack Dragon's Meet again for 60, thus earning 80 points over 2 weeks. Where doing it the opposite way n beat Karma this week (50 points) and take Swirling Dragon the next (30 points) will also earn you 80 points over 2 weeks. Only difference being who u give the points to, and Crisis decided to give points to Karma (3rd place opponent who could potential contest them in the standings) instead of giving them to Infamous (no way for them to contest Crisis in the standings). :# Mistakes were made, Infamous shudnt have anything to do with your loss against Karma since this shouldve clearly been prioritized!

Why do u even think we had a whole season of no shows on t3? Out of whole season 2 weeks we had no1 on t3 one week no1 bided and 2nd was right after when bids were auto locked same as last week, other then that we had t3 every single week with t1 and t2 usually fighting 2-3 factions always , just because we kept wining t3 against tempest infa vindi and etc doesnt mean we had no shows on t3 always lol. So yea we also had to deal with multiple high tier oponents for multiple weeks :)
    What im saying about RNG is that karma and tempest seems to have got lucky this week with having multiple t1 and t2 lands and no real oponent on them while we had 2 factions on almost full power against us and had to choose one. As for choosing on who to focus more its always fun to beat infa :)
    It makes no sense for you proly cause this way karma passed u in points and yea ik it sucks for you cause of that but your faction could have bided t3 also to try to do same as they did. (if im correct and you are from hoorah)
    But lets see what happens next week with the bids.
  • dingo488
    Options
    It makes no sense for you proly cause this way karma passed u in points and yea ik it sucks for you cause of that but your faction could have bided t3 also to try to do same as they did. (if im correct and you are from hoorah)

I am ^^ But Im by no means cheering for Hoorah to win just cuz its my faction, Im more a ''may the best team win'' kind of person, and this season it has been shown Hoorah is not that that team, I wouldnt consider us top 3 by any means. Gives us something to work on. Doesnt change the fact you dun goofed tho.

And I was referring to multiple high tier opponents in a single week (actually showing up), for multiple weeks, which happened for the first time this week for Crisis ^^ Karma and Tempest have had this happen way more often this season... I know because we have been matched up against them a bunch of times this season.

• sin20
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »

I am ^^ But Im by no means cheering for Hoorah to win just cuz its my faction, Im more a ''may the best team win'' kind of person, and this season it has been shown Hoorah is not that that team, I wouldnt consider us top 3 by any means. Gives us something to work on. Doesnt change the fact you dun goofed tho.

And I was referring to multiple high tier opponents in a single week (actually showing up), for multiple weeks, which happened for the first time this week for Crisis ^^ Karma and Tempest have had this happen way more often this season... I know because we have been matched up against them a bunch of times this season.

I understand your point and well the reason you guys had more matchups like this is simply cause u both went for multiple t2 and t1 lands so sooner or later its bound to happen, same as now for karma, tempest and hoorah in the next 2 weeks they are bound to get multiple oponents again and that will decide how top of the rankings will play out till the end, the way i see it everyone still got a chance.

• dingo488
    Options
    Theoretically we do, but I would say the current top 3 is a good representation of what I would assume to be the top 3, tho the order might still be off, that I am more interested in finding out ;)
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I think the issue here is that we made an effort to win both wars. We haven't gotten Karma this season and we sent arguably our top DD squad into Karma, I think the simple explanation is that we underestimated the strength of Karma. Sure it was a longshot but pulling off two wins would have been great.

Anyway the infa war turned out to be a lot closer than we expected so we definitely stretched out forces thin. It lasted close to 2 hours when it usually only lasts 15-20m at full strength.

I was a little disappointed to be sent into infa instead of Karma as well but I think it was for the best - I probably would have gotten slaughtered @ 1261 spirit.

We definitely had some organization issues as well - once we get those issues fixed we could probably beat infa with less squads, we lost our base tower really quickly and had to fight like that the entire time.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »
    I think the issue here is that we made an effort to win both wars. We haven't gotten Karma this season and we sent arguably our top DD squad into Karma, I think the simple explanation is that we underestimated the strength of Karma. Sure it was a longshot but pulling off two wins would have been great.

I was a little disappointed to be sent into infa instead of Karma as well but I think it was for the best - I probably would have gotten slaughtered @ 1261 spirit.

Dont get me wrong but this sounds bit weird to me. The way I was personally cutting trough your lines suggested to me we were facing some B team bolstered with NP sin or two. If what we sent was understimated, you dont really want to play with us when we have our **** together. We werent only missing BMs, we were missing bout half our top10 geared ppl from the war and some other key players.

• dregenfox
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »

Dont get me wrong but this sounds bit weird to me. The way I was personally cutting trough your lines suggested to me we were facing some B team bolstered with NP sin or two. If what we sent was understimated, you dont really want to play with us when we have our **** together. We werent only missing BMs, we were missing bout half our top10 geared ppl from the war and some other key players.

Well like I said its very likely you guys will outgear a lot of us by a large margin. I'm at 1261 spirit myself with unfinished passives/card sets and I know quite a few others who are behind as well.

In any case an infa loss would have been a tough pill to swallow for a lot of people in our faction. Hopefully things will work out next week and we can get a real 1v1 and brawl it out.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

Well like I said its very likely you guys will outgear a lot of us by a large margin. I'm at 1261 spirit myself with unfinished passives/card sets and I know quite a few others who are behind as well.

In any case an infa loss would have been a tough pill to swallow for a lot of people in our faction. Hopefully things will work out next week and we can get a real 1v1 and brawl it out.

Karma has a plenty of ppl who I would say are behind the curve so to speak. But if and when you didnt field a complete B team against us, I am truly surprised you are top1 in the rankings currently. The war was pretty onesided and likr I said we were already missing plenty of ppl. Wish I could of recorded the xTW - Shame my focus was on million other things to remember that.

That being said, as much as I would like to see what Crisis can pull in proper 1vs1 war, I hope its not next weekend due thanksgiving. I doubt we can field full 60 with that but its the same for all NA factions.

• sin20
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well in infa war we had 3 squads that would be in karma war otherwise and if we were full power against karma it would have been a fun war.
    To refresh my memory, u guys lost to infa 1-2 times when they were way stronger then now (like 4-6 weeks ago) , was that 1v1 fight from your side full power or not?
    And by knowing my factions gear and etc , i really dont see how we could get outgeared a lot.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    Well in infa war we had 3 squads that would be in karma war otherwise and if we were full power against karma it would have been a fun war.
    To refresh my memory, u guys lost to infa 1-2 times when they were way stronger then now (like 4-6 weeks ago) , was that 1v1 fight from your side full power or not?

No. We managed to field close enough full 60 not to matter but we were missing 2(?) squads who would otherwise been there. The way we run our xTW, certain squads have far larger impact than they should(considering gear) due what they do for us and replacing them is difficult. The first Infa loss we would of won had we not completely dropped the ball assigning squads, the 2nd I dont think we could of done much bout with the ppl we had available with multiple wars.

• sin20
    Options
    No. We managed to field close enough full 60 not to matter but we were missing 2(?) squads who would otherwise been there. The way we run our xTW, certain squads have far larger impact than they should(considering gear) due what they do for us and replacing them is difficult. The first Infa loss we would of won had we not completely dropped the ball assigning squads, the 2nd I dont think we could of done much bout with the ppl we had available with multiple wars.
    Well its the same situation as us then with certain squads having far larger impact and in that regard i understand what you mean.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Wait, what just happened?

If I'm reading this right...there was (or is) a 70 point cap and somehow you got 90 points during the war this past weekend? Outside of Karma, which factions is this affecting?

It's not a system that gets tampered with except during a maintenance when we tell China to change things. I'll ask surtr if we can check this again. If possible, can those affected provide a clean breakdown chronologically of what's occurring? (Free of conjecture of other factions strategies, disclosing your own strategies or sparing if you can. I'd like to just see the raw data)
    Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

If I'm reading this right...there was (or is) a 70 point cap and somehow you got 90 points during the war this past weekend? Outside of Karma, which factions is this affecting?

It's not a system that gets tampered with except during a maintenance when we tell China to change things. I'll ask surtr if we can check this again. If possible, can those affected provide a clean breakdown chronologically of what's occurring? (Free of conjecture of other factions strategies, disclosing your own strategies or sparing if you can. I'd like to just see the raw data)

Back when DC was new, I could swear we got less points than we were supposed to. I always assumed I just didnt understand DC point system completely but having a hard cap there would of explained it. Right now we got plenty of points, suggesting there is no hard cap in place any more. We (Karma) got 90 points, I believe Tempest got 80 points this week.

• booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Options
    Until now based on what ppl experienced 70 was the max points a faction could get per week in dragon conquest but now it seems Karma and Tempest got more than 70. I'm not in any of the top factions so it doesn't affect me too much personally but unexpected changes like this can cause serious issues to factions that followed specific strategies and choose to defend or not defend certain lands thinking that cap was in place. It's bad because the season is not over yet.
  • dingo488
    edited November 2016
    Options

Basically we've established in the past there is a cap of 70 points, so even when you would get lands worth more than 70 points you wouldnt get more than 70. However this weekend Karma got 90 and Tempest got 80, which is odd, it would suggest the cap has been lifted.

Its relevant since different tier lands provide different amounts of points, some of them have to be held while others have to be taken each week over. Some factions decided to go with a strategy of holding lands since this 70 point-cap existed and they didnt find it worthwhile to go for the lands you have to take each week over, a strategy thats not as viable now the cap doesnt exist, so some factions got punished because of this unannounced change.
  • sin20
    Options
    Yea and this happening literally 2 weeks before xTW season 3 is suposed to end is a big deal since it potentially change everything, strategy wise it makes the hold more land strategy way more worth now then before.
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    Options
    I'm not sure who it was, who decided that xTW gave 70pts max. Nothing has changed at all, just because a few people assumed you could only get 70pts doesn't mean that anything was changed overnight. inb4 45 page thread about how the winners shouldn't have won...
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    I'm not sure who it was, who decided that xTW gave 70pts max. Nothing has changed at all, just because a few people assumed you could only get 70pts doesn't mean that anything was changed overnight. inb4 45 page thread about how the winners shouldn't have won...

I havent tested it personally but I believe my experiences with high points weeks have been consistent with cap at 70, till this weekend that is. No faction has recently achieved over 70 points though so its impossible to say when this was changed.

As for QQ, I am sure there will be some QQ no matter who wins. Right now Crisis has the most point but I dont believe they end up winning the season. Assuming rng doesnt gift the season to them next week with thanksgiving. Then again they on knifes edge by losing 1 land they lose the season next week that is. Karma and Tempest are just so close with massive amounts of lands.

The chances for Crisis lie in getting Tempest/Karma next weekend for tier 3 and the other one getting ganked to hell so they lose significant portion of their lands. Next weekend is gonna be very determining in who wins - I dont think Crisis has it in them to 1vs1 either Karma or Tempest w/o thanksgiving weekend, That being said I would call Tempest favorites to win it as they hold their fate in their own hands. For Karma/Crisis to win, they need to either beat Tempest in tier3 battle or hope somebody else does.

• sin20
    Options

I havent tested it personally but I believe my experiences with high points weeks have been consistent with cap at 70, till this weekend that is. No faction has recently achieved over 70 points though so its impossible to say when this was changed.

As for QQ, I am sure there will be some QQ no matter who wins. Right now Crisis has the most point but I dont believe they end up winning the season. Assuming rng doesnt gift the season to them next week with thanksgiving. Then again they on knifes edge by losing 1 land they lose the season next week that is. Karma and Tempest are just so close with massive amounts of lands.

The chances for Crisis lie in getting Tempest/Karma next weekend for tier 3 and the other one getting ganked to hell so they lose significant portion of their lands. Next weekend is gonna be very determining in who wins - I dont think Crisis has it in them to 1vs1 either Karma or Tempest w/o thanksgiving weekend, That being said I would call Tempest favorites to win it as they hold their fate in their own hands. For Karma/Crisis to win, they need to either beat Tempest in tier3 battle or hope somebody else does.
    Crisis cant beat Tempest? Few weeks ago we had a 60v60 war against them and it was pretty 1 sided xD
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options
    ive been in infamous long enough to determine the full strenght of Karma and Crisis well , regardless the excuses of missing keyplayers.

crisis would most likely smash Karma in a 1 vs 1. but hey, just another opinion :)
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options
    hoshichan wrote: »

crisis would most likely smash Karma in a 1 vs 1. but hey, just another opinion :)

Damn, why did you put us up to this, now we have to deliver :/.

I liked it better when everyone believed we had crappy gears/spirit and no X-TW strats except rushing dragon.
  • sin20
    Options
    ive been in infamous long enough to determine the full strenght of Karma and Crisis well , regardless the excuses of missing keyplayers.

Well he thinks we would get rekt by karma badly simply because they won against us last week when we had 4 of our top squads in infa war xD
    Like i said 1v1 60v60 we beat tempest without much problems , and as for thanksgiving weekend , well we also got a lot of 'Muricans so that 'excuse' goes both ways xD
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

Well he thinks we would get rekt by karma badly simply because they won against us last week when we had 4 of our top squads in infa war xD
    Like i said 1v1 60v60 we beat tempest without much problems , and as for thanksgiving weekend , well we also got a lot of 'Muricans so that 'excuse' goes both ways xD

Not really. You guys keep telling us it wasnt some alts/complete B team you sent against us and that you expected to win. If this was the case, I dont really know what you expected us to have for it to be enough. Karma has not had a single full showing this season - Even last weekend where we had 1 war we had pretty average showing due it being the weekend before Thanksgiving. We didnt show up in manner where we deserved to win but due Crisis drastically underestimating us we did win either way. So I am not comparing Crisis to what we had, I am trying to compare it to what we could have. But ppl keep saying Crisis was missing 2 squads, which wouldnt of made slightest difference if we too had pulled our top60.

Ps. Lol @Crisis suffering from thanksgiving. You know you arent gonna miss remotely the amounts of ppl every NA guild is this weekend.

• parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    Options
    Ps. Lol @Crisis suffering from thanksgiving. You know you arent gonna miss remotely the amounts of ppl every NA guild is this weekend.
    Who cares? It's your problems. You can't beat them in full strength anyway.
  • sin20
    Options

Not really. You guys keep telling us it wasnt some alts/complete B team you sent against us and that you expected to win. If this was the case, I dont really know what you expected us to have for it to be enough. Karma has not had a single full showing this season - Even last weekend where we had 1 war we had pretty average showing due it being the weekend before Thanksgiving. We didnt show up in manner where we deserved to win but due Crisis drastically underestimating us we did win either way. So I am not comparing Crisis to what we had, I am trying to compare it to what we could have. But ppl keep saying Crisis was missing 2 squads, which wouldnt of made slightest difference if we too had pulled our top60.

U quoted me saying we had 4 top sqs in infa war , and u keep talking about missing 2 sqs wtf xD
    Even then we missed a NP sin and like a squad of high geared ppl cause of work and rl stuff.
    Infamous is by no means a pushover faction that u can just roll easly with 2-3 good squads , if you wanna beat them you gotta send some of your strongest dds which we had to do.
    Like i said multiple times we didnt certanly send our best to karma war and we didnt even expect to win it since we had 2 strong factions which no faction could win against in same scenario.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    We got a response back from CN and without disclosing anything I haven't gotten clearance to do, everything is working by design. There was no mention of a point cap, but double checking the math on what Karma got after claiming Dragon's Meet, it is correct when checked against what CN sent us in response. I'm asking to see if I'm allowed to post actual point values and calculations and if I can, I'll get back to this thread immediately.

Also a no battle looks to be by design, but to confirm I'll need to ask a few questions

1) Based on the SS provided was that the total amount of factions/battles being held that weekend, 5 total?
    2) Was there a refund of the fee issued?
    3) Outside of Karma, how many other factions actually qualify to attack Dragon's Meet that had put in bids and had put in bids to do so?

If I get the answers I think I will, it might boil down to really horrific RNG coupled with a low amount of qualified factions bidding, which should have resulted in the bidding fee being kicked back for the "War Declared : Defeated or not signed up" messaging you received.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    We got a response back from CN and without disclosing anything I haven't gotten clearance to do, everything is working by design. There was no mention of a point cap, but double checking the math on what Karma got after claiming Dragon's Meet, it is correct when checked against what CN sent us in response. I'm asking to see if I'm allowed to post actual point values and calculations and if I can, I'll get back to this thread immediately.

Also a no battle looks to be by design, but to confirm I'll need to ask a few questions

1) Based on the SS provided was that the total amount of factions/battles being held that weekend, 5 total?
    2) Was there a refund of the fee issued?
    3) Outside of Karma, how many other factions actually qualify to attack Dragon's Meet that had put in bids and had put in bids to do so?

If I get the answers I think I will, it might boil down to really horrific RNG coupled with a low amount of qualified factions bidding, which should have resulted in the bidding fee being kicked back for the "War Declared : Defeated or not signed up" messaging you received.

We "had" battles by what I mean we could enter the empty battles in order gain the credit for no opponent as even if land isnt hit, it creates a battle for it. This was not the case with Dragons Meet, we had nothing we could enter there - Which shouldnt be the case. We have had rng, where we had no opponent for Dragons Meet in past but we could enter it that time and win it for points. If China claims this no battle to be by design, they know jack **** bout their game. And no, we havent been refunded for our bid.