Skill Glyph System in the next expansion

Options

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Thinking on this system... Its kind of balls. What if i want the extra stats from a level ten rune but i want the effect of the level 3 rune. Kind of limiting D: damnit pwi D:
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    Thinking on this system... Its kind of balls. What if i want the extra stats from a level ten rune but i want the effect of the level 3 rune. Kind of limiting D: damnit pwi D:

Thats actually one of the few things I like about the system. Imo PWI has too few choices, everything has kinda been decided for you. So I welcome all choices and build variation to the game /o/
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Options
    Thanks for the seeker translations, man this gives me a lot to think about I cant imagine a seeker trading utility for weapon damage .

Plus I have a million more questions it raised about proc chances say how heartseeker works with a stance (not 100%) do these new procs work the same way being forced to be "stance less " in order to be 100% chance of stun

Ect ect ...I'm gonna make a spot on seeker forums for discussions to talk about the new skills runes.... wake up seekers our time has come!

(For some cqc and cc :))))))))))
    Vae Victis.
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Options
    I did have a question can we only change 6 skills ? Or can we change every single skill (that's listed ) with a numbered rune 1-10 how many options do we get ?
    Vae Victis.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    You can only equip 6 runes so you have to choose which skills you want. From the looks of it, however, you can equip and un-equip runes and change your set up whenever you want.​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    What about the town portal though..
    Does it need rune?
    Does it take a spot of one of the 6 skills you can choose?
    Can you actually choose 6 of your skills, or will town portal always be one of them? (aka 5 skills + town portal)
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Options
    Town portal
    Yes
    Yes
    You can choose 6 skills without town portal.

I also edited my russian translation with changes they did with release yesterday.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    Lol ok. Im happy town portal isnt forced, i dont need it.
  • croseler
    croseler Posts: 18 Arc User
    Options
    @Saxroll , In fact I see no reason in being a demon archer after this update, the only thing you demon archers had better than Sage was quickshot and not being able to miss lightning strike, now when it's merged sage is much better in any aspect , Extra range , extra damage (im sure you don't need that crit increase when every endgame archer has 100% crit rate with quickshot)
    Sage has a lot more chi , that 50 more chi you can gain by clicking a button sometimes will save your life (wings of grace, which becomes even more significant in the next update)
    STA , more hp reduction than demon.
    Frost arrow is another skill that becomes useful for Sage archers only.
    But anyways the thing that really puts Sage archers above demons is the chi gain
    I've played both Sage and demon, sage survivability is just that much better.
    BatYeena - Dawnglory 105/105/104 Archer
  • eirghan
    Options
    @dingo488 thats what i mean. Like you i was excited to have creativity in builds available, but it sounds like players who choose lower level runes are penalized and get less stats than those who choose higher level runes.

Which i mean... I guess we dont known how many millions level 10 is yet anyway :#
  • agol12
    agol12 Posts: 15 Arc User
    Options
    > @eirghan said:
    > @dingo488 thats what i mean. Like you i was excited to have creativity in builds available, but it sounds like players who choose lower level runes are penalized and get less stats than those who choose higher level runes.
    >
    > Which i mean... I guess we dont known how many millions level 10 is yet anyway :#

lets just hope its not like this :smile:
    2 lvl1 runes = 1 lvl 2 rune ... and so on (like dragon orbs)

aaand of , 1 shaitty dfaily, that would give 1 rune each day ( a lvl1 ofc)
  • dingo488
    Options
    Ah v_v I didnt rly look too much into it yet, but having to select a set build path is really cool. I want 2 ppl of the same class to be able to do very different things, that would make the game a lot more exciting.
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    There is more related to the runes, the 6 skills you use, activate a "Property" on your character, (Wuwei, Long Xiang and Huben ... according to Google translate) and they have a Rock-Paper-Scissors relationship between them, meaning you deal extra damage to members of the opposing property. I believe I read somewhere the extra damage is 15% but I can not seem to find where I find that, will update with the source once I find it.

Edit: Source, By the way it also states if player don't activate this property, they will take 5% extra damage from those who have it active. Their relationship is Wuwei > Xiang Long > Huben > Wuwei.
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20161107/77850.shtml

2rz9kwl.jpg
    2h4jmtv.jpg
    2ni4s4j.jpg
    Post edited by samasalao on
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    croseler wrote: »
    @Saxroll , In fact I see no reason in being a demon archer after this update, the only thing you demon archers had better than Sage was quickshot and not being able to miss lightning strike, now when it's merged sage is much better in any aspect , Extra range , extra damage (im sure you don't need that crit increase when every endgame archer has 100% crit rate with quickshot)
    Sage has a lot more chi , that 50 more chi you can gain by clicking a button sometimes will save your life (wings of grace, which becomes even more significant in the next update)
    STA , more hp reduction than demon.
    Frost arrow is another skill that becomes useful for Sage archers only.
    But anyways the thing that really puts Sage archers above demons is the chi gain
    I've played both Sage and demon, sage survivability is just that much better.

I was actually sage prior to swapping to demon few years back.

Extra range is complete no factor short of fighting demon archer in 1vs1, which is marginal advantage at best. More dmg? The 15% weapon attack? Are you serious? We are literally talking at maybe 1% dph differential. STA is 1,5k hp debuff differential at 50k hp(Base) target, which again is negligible at best. I did get frost splash, mostly for PvE, but like many I wouldnt have access to Frost Arrow in the first place.

What I dont understand is what you are going to do with all that chi in mass. Sure, 1vs1 it plays a role but in mass you just dont need the chi unless your positioning/gear is terrible and are forced to WoG all the time. I dont struggle with chi as it is as a demon, getting extra chi on QS, the most spammed skill on archer kit, will be major boost to chi on demon.

Like I said earlier, demon will have things like BoA, LS and Feather Arma over sage, which are real factor skills. You are free to disagree but both paths lost their main defining skills in merge, making the secondary skills the real game changer, which is where demon was always better.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • croseler
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Saxroll LS is getting merged so it's not something only demon archers have , I know it doesn't say it doesn't miss, hope it's a mistake in the patch notes , but even if it's not, eventually there's 1 version of the "merged" skills, which means, doesn't matter if you're demon or Sage , you're gonna have the same skill (unless you keep the old one but I don't think it will worth keeping it) feather Armageddon is ok for demon now that it knockbacks you just spam it a lot, but honestly I still prefer the extra chi from it that Sage version lets you have , BoA is truely the only upside to demon right now , the rest as I said in the last post is the stuff that Sage is better at, in 1v1 having extra chi helps a lot but also in mass , sometimes as demon i found myself stuck without enough chi to wog and then I was dead , you gotta agree that our chi consumption is just not that good , having the extra chi really does help , as for range , yes it's good against demon archers only , but it's still fun having it for when you see a rare demon archer
    About damage , it's like 1.5-2k extra base physical attack (at around r9+12), that much damage is like having another refine on the weapon which btw also adds to % of weapon damage added skills(so the extra weapon damage becomes even more helpful), to me any damage boost like that makes a difference .
    Also for some reason when I played demon on a same geared archer, the skills, the damage overall, except for quickshot proc , was terrible compared to when I was Sage , idk really what does that, if it's the extra damage or anything else , I just felt useless as demon, dependable on 1 skill that has 50% proc rate , the survivability too went down by a lot, changed back to Sage after 2 days (Someone made me change for a week xD told me to change back after a week if I didn't like it, but couldn't even stay like that for more than 2 days) but then again that's just me and my personal opinion.

On final note, if you wanna give up all of these advantages Sage gives , for better BoA and feather Armageddon (and that comes down to personal opinion which one is better for your play style) , then sure , go demon, but Sage archers still have the reason for staying Sage.
  • keihan007#7641
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Saxroll LS is getting merged so it's not something only demon archers have , I know it doesn't say it doesn't miss, hope it's a mistake in the patch notes , but even if it's not, eventually there's 1 version of the "merged" skills, which means, doesn't matter if you're demon or Sage , you're gonna have the same skill (unless you keep the old one but I don't think it will worth keeping it) feather Armageddon is ok for demon now that it knockbacks you just spam it a lot, but honestly I still prefer the extra chi from it that Sage version lets you have , BoA is truely the only upside to demon right now , the rest as I said in the last post is the stuff that Sage is better at, in 1v1 having extra chi helps a lot but also in mass , sometimes as demon i found myself stuck without enough chi to wog and then I was dead , you gotta agree that our chi consumption is just not that good , having the extra chi really does help , as for range , yes it's good against demon archers only , but it's still fun having it for when you see a rare demon archer

If its a mistake where both gets never miss, sage might be a bit closer to demon but I am not going to be the first one to try that out, lol. Against anything but sin, DB and aps BM feather armas free def charm is just massive. Those classes are so heavily a DPS classes over DPH class by design they arent really bothered over def charms unlike a lot of other classes. Not saying they dont have extremely high DPH but they are designed for DPS by short channel/cast, multihit skills and so on. I personally throw random hope this works BoAs cause of overflowing chi as a demon and I wouldnt say we need the chi. In 1vs1, yes we do, but in mass you arent supposed to need to spam WoG unless you arent geared enough or you position too aggressively.

About damage , it's like 1.5-2k extra base physical attack (at around r9+12), that much damage is like having another refine on the weapon which btw also adds to % of weapon damage added skills(so the extra weapon damage becomes even more helpful), to me any damage boost like that makes a difference .
    Also for some reason when I played demon on a same geared archer, the skills, the damage overall, except for quickshot proc , was terrible compared to when I was Sage , idk really what does that, if it's the extra damage or anything else , I just felt useless as demon, dependable on 1 skill that has 50% proc rate , the survivability too went down by a lot, changed back to Sage after 2 days (Someone made me change for a week xD told me to change back after a week if I didn't like it, but couldn't even stay like that for more than 2 days) but then again that's just me and my personal opinion.

But its not that 1,5k-2k. My physical attack range is 51,6k-61,1k, which is likely top5 in PWI discounting NP archers and so I am doing you a favor by using my stats. 3327(+12 bow average) + 140 (Arrows) + 156 (Stars desitny) + 220 (r9r ring) + 150 (Helm engraving) + 150 (2x garnet gem) + 614 (Destroyer card) + 756 (Battle card) + 400 (Nuemas) + 764 (Star chart) + 137 (titles) = 6815 weapon attack. 6815 * 0,15 = 1022,25. So ~1k more dmg and I believe its safe to say real dmg increase is bout half of what you assumed. Its more than I expected but 2% dmg increase is hardly massive.
    On final note, if you wanna give up all of these advantages Sage gives , for better BoA and feather Armageddon (and that comes down to personal opinion which one is better for your play style) , then sure , go demon, but Sage archers still have the reason for staying Sage.

Actually Mo Zun`s Taunt is better than Sages culti skill on top of those. I much rather have the ability of taking away chi from a charging BM than at twice the rate of what sage one gives than get that 50 chi every minute. On my case though, I wouldnt absolutely need to be a demon for that as Karma has loads of active venos with their chi burn skills to do just that. Difference between cultis wont be "Oh wtf are you doing idiot" but I personally feel demon is definitely ahead all things considered.

• keihan007#7641
    edited November 2016
    Options
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    My physical attack range is 51,6k-61,1k, which is likely top5 in PWI

lmfao​​

Discounting NP archers... I dont know of a single non NP archer on Etherblade who got me beat, I am assuming there are some on other servers as my chart isnt aptitude 20 though.

• croseler
    Options
    @Saxroll, Anyways , it comes down to preference but I really don't see myself playing demon, if you have 51-61k base phy atk which is indeed high it could be 53-63 if you were Sage , my point is though , weapon damage % on skills counts only weapon's phy atk + shards on weapon + weapon damage passive , which means that little extra on base phy atk isn't the only thing you get , your skills also get stronger by that passive , even if by a bit, anyways it helps not only in base phy atk, which shows a difference in actual damage output.
    Taking chi off people seems really pointless for me as an archer, in mass you have other classes for that, in 1v1s I'd rather use my chi skill whenever, instead of trying to take off chi from someone in the middle of a fight , you need to be in range for that, I'd rather attack when I'm in range instead of spending time to take chi, anyways do what you like better, I don't see demon as an option at all.
  • eirghan
    Options
  • croseler
    Options
    Really? Oh well I guess I was wrong about that
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Options
    Bms for sure will all go demon lol no point to stay sage now just equip a chi rune.
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Really? Oh well I guess I was wrong about that

An easy way for most endgame, full mag arcanes to get their estimated weapon damage is just to divide their base, unbuffed magic damage you see on your char screen by 10 (most endgames can reach ~900 magic). It will obviously differ based on how many +magic engraves you go for but it does give a rough ballpark of your total weapon damage without needing to use a calculator.

For example if you have 63000 Magic attack then your weapon damage should be around 6300. This would also mean that your magic attack would be 107100 while triple sparked.

Personally I divide by 9.2 on my mystic, but I'm missing Emperor + 104/104/103 + engraves + extra pts in strength.

• dingo488
    Options
    booker27 wrote: »
    Bms for sure will all go demon lol no point to stay sage now just equip a chi rune.

Hm dont know, Demon passives are pretty garbage now cuz crit is a pretty bad stat now, Sage passives are definately better.

And I dont know just how abundant the chi will be, I would triple spark over using MSS/DBB and prolly over GS as well, which also leans in favor of sage cuz demonic eruption sucks. I could see Sage + Chi runes being so full of chi u can triple spark a whole bunch which gives good defense and offense too, but who knows... gotta play with it first. In TW/xTW BMs cant even properly cycle their skills cuz all classes in the game have 100 CC skills n the BMs are the first ones to get hit by them so as long as they have no tools to prevent that I doubt any of these runes will have an impact.
  • eland20
    eland20 Posts: 42 Arc User
    Options
    Does that mean you are all looking forward for this kind of update?
    How high is the chance that we are getting this stuff?

My opinion is: i do not want this.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    As long as the publisher still operates, I bet PWI will get this stuff 100%. It's very unlikely a game of the same title gets different development because of different regions, maybe minor stuffs, totally different update path is next to impossible. Like it or not, this update will reach PWI.

With this update, seems like every class will be OP, sin and some other classes are already op so nothing to lose for me, when everyone is op then noone is.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    As long as the publisher still operates, I bet PWI will get this stuff 100%. It's very unlikely a game of the same title gets different development because of different regions, maybe minor stuffs, totally different update path is next to impossible. Like it or not, this update will reach PWI.

With this update, seems like every class will be OP, sin and some other classes are already op so nothing to lose for me, when everyone is op then noone is.

As PvP arena seems xserver, I am very afraid we wont get it completely at its prime,.though it should not have any issues with different time zones as you can do it whenever you want. But other than the tourney from Thursday we need for our g17 weps, we have gotten basically all PWCN content and its only logical we get the next update too.