Elysium is coming... Discuss...

Options
thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee

The time has finally come! The PWI Crew is proud to announce the latest expansion to the PWI universe, Elysium. This expansion will open up the world of PWI in ways you couldn’t imagine including the introduction of player housing! Along with player house, we’ll be introducing new instances, PvP tournaments, weapons and more. Launch is not too far off, so keep your eyes on this blog as we reveal more details about our newest expansion over the coming months.

For now, let’s take a quick sneak preview at some of the key features coming in PWI: Elysium:

Homestead

Every adventurer needs a place to call home. We are most pleased to present you to the Homestead System. This will charge high-level players with their very own homestead. This highly-customizable map can be decorated to their liking and be used to craft some of the newest gear in the game.

Uncharted Paradise

This 10-player max level dungeon is not for the weak hearted! This paradise once was a prosperous village until Pan Gu flooded the world. Now, it’s destroyed and divided into seven pieces, each ruled by a powerful Guardian. Team up with friends to complete unique challenges and gather resources integral to crafting the most powerful gear ever seen.

Thursday Night Fights

Every Thursday night players can square off against each other in a no-holds-barred player versus player contest of steel and guts. If you have what it takes and defeat your challengers, you might walk out with a Crown of Madness.

New Weapons and Gear

For the first time in three years, the PWI level of power will skyrocket! Level 17 weapons have arrived allowing you to become even more powerful than ever before!

We hope you enjoyed this small taste of things to come when the gates to Elysium open. Over the course of the next few weeks we will dig deeper into these systems to give you a closer look so stay tuned to the Arc News Page, there are many more surprises in store for you!

Comments

• thenamesdomino
    Options
    Oh yeah... Almost forgot... we're also releasing PWI on Steam :)
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Will the G17 for our version differ in any way to the chinese versions or do we get everything identical to the PWCN counterpart @thenamesdomino ?
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    Options
    A lot of people are going to rage quit because of these weapons...thanks a lot Pwi. >,>

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    DOMINO WE DONT LIKE CHANGE, ITS SCARY, HOLD US
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Time for everyone to build a house and settle down. No more fighting. Let's be peaceful neighbours. dino5-14.gif
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    Options

A lot of people are going to rage quit because of these weapons...thanks a lot Pwi. >,>

Shouldnt be that bad at the beginning cause it will take ages to get one that is stronger than r9rr. But ya..once they are around..they are not really balanced and esp not for our version of the game.
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    jsxshadow said:

Will the G17 for our version differ in any way to the chinese versions or do we get everything identical to the PWCN counterpart @thenamesdomino ?

There will be some changes between the CN version and ours. As far as the weapons go, I'm going to be publishing more information in arc news about that in a few weeks. :)
  • jsxshadow
    Options

jsxshadow said:

There will be some changes between the CN version and ours. As far as the weapons go, I'm going to be publishing more information in arc news about that in a few weeks. :)
    That sounds very good. Thank you very much. I would be suprised but also be so happy if you guys really took the differences between the versions into consideration <3
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options

>changes
    Oh yay it's going to be powercreep nonsense like R9 all over again, good job.

Also:
    >Releasing on steam
    Does PWE want to have bad reviews on steam that badly?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• vitalness
    vitalness Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    WTB more rebirths
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    PWE Making PWI Great Again..... monkey-37.gif

Looking forward to housing <3
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • moriktherogue
    moriktherogue Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    whats this im seeing about a 50B CRAFTING FEE
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    where are you seeing this?
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options

@moriktherogue
    I'm curious as to where are you seeing this as well? I know that there were some crafting/building fees involved for weapons/housing in the G17 thread, but nothing that large.

@thenamesdomino
    If you could pick which sneak peek to give first... do housing <3 Please and thank you.
    I need to save up my millions.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options

So it won't take forever to actually get one?

May also want to look into making the mats non-character bound also iirc from the info thread. That's the main thing that would probably kill it on arrival, imo.

((And put cross server tourney at later in the day since it's a Thursday.))​​
  • jsxshadow
    Options

Well, considering all the stuff you need...that could be a possible number if its equal to the chinese version. I hope thats not the case. 3b for that weap or some weeks of farming would be ok imho.
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    Options
    the change for our version probably will be : u can CS the wep 100% LOL
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    ayejay101 said:

@thenamesdomino

If you could pick which sneak peek to give first... do housing <3 Please and thank you.

I need to save up my millions.​​

Since you asked so nicely... Stay tuned for Homestead Week! Starting Monday. ;)

• tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options

Is it safe to say that more items will then be available in the CS (IE: Primordial Bloods)? I would think PWI expecting new players with Steam..... there is going to be a huuuuuuuuge level, gear, skill, passive(s) gap with the current player base.

Can you give us more info on the new "gear" besides G17 weap?​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• thenamesdomino
    Options
    Can't say just yet. But we do have some plans in store
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @thenamesdomino a pretty big feature you forgot to mention in the news is the skill upgrades coming. That's something a lot of people would be interested in.
    There will be some changes between the CN version and ours.

This sounds interesting. Hopefully you will make the two red mats easier to get (available in the boutique perhaps?). These weapons only really outperform our current gear when upgraded to the max level. As things currently stand in PWCN we'd only see like 3 or 4 of these weapons per server after a year of everyone farming every day.

Also if you're adding the PWCN R9rr ('Rank 9-recast-recast') gear as an upgrade to our R9rr gear please consider doing something about the Chienkun cost. People have had their R9rr gear for years now and it is all well-refined. To do the upgrade will require thousands of gold in 'chienkun stones' to preserve their refines / socketed gems. The thing is is that the PWCN version is not significantly better than our current version and even seems to have less offensive stats due to missing the +100 stat set bonus. If this becomes a required upgrade going forwards I see a lot of old players quitting since they won't be interested in spending 1000s of gold on something that's not much of an upgrade.

I'd recommend either lowering the chienkun cost of the upgrade or introduce more agressive sales on Chienkun stones. It's worth noting that Chienkun stones in PWCN are like 3 or 4 times cheaper than they are in PWI after adjusting for differences in economy.
    ​​
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Options
    Like spending 1200 $ on an S card ?
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    Options
    to all the naysayers about this expansion i'd just like to say I told you so. Haven't been wrong yet guessing expansion content in 7 years!
    *drops mic*

In seriousness tho, yes @thenamesdomino I know you guys are currently doing the QandA test server stuff. Please pay especially close attention to the mats needed for these upgrades and the total amount of time and coin needed for these weapons. As it currently is, not a single person on the chinese servers (and they got something stupid like 48 servers) have a single 5th cast 17 wep yet, and i'm huge some of them spent way too much money already on them. Our economy can't handle items worth more than 10B well. Hence why there was only like 1-2 CoM per server for the first 4-5 months.
    Also don't please don't forget to check the text font.... at least 6 of our expansions china gave us a crappy ingame text font that always took 1-2 weeks to fix.... would be nice not having to deal with that.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    I am waiting to see how this turns out and to be honest, it turned me off a lot. If it is something fair then fine, if it's something incredibly stupid that costs let's say 10B then I'm done. I don't personally like change I will admit that, yet, I am giving this a chance but this might be what finally drives me away from the game.

Mr. Justice
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    man Ive been saving toiletpaper for years, now all there's left to do is find Desdi's house
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    man Ive been saving toiletpaper for years, now all there's left to do is find Desdi's house

Stay away from my house. You're not invited. tiger-33.gif​​
  • doomerzz
    doomerzz Posts: 35 Arc User
    Options

so it means i can use my Steam money to Charge zen?fox-1.giffox-4.gif​​
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    Options
    I think the red mats from BQ is not good idea, that will kill G17FB, farmer and f2p players. CSer will be happy though.

maybe by packs like CoM

Maybe let's just directly start from G17R3(instead of G17R1), then until next expansion(6 months), there should be 3-4 G17R4 in each server. I think things should be easier when next expansion releases.
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So any word on 3rd and 4rh accessory sockets? China has had then for ages now, currently our version is capped at 2 accessory sockets. Wondering if I wasted my time hoarding the items or if we will ever be getting those too?
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k