Give me a good argument why should all servers be PVP

1234579

Comments

  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    I would not be opposed to a pvp server were it not for these few things that make pvp a joke:

    1. The gear gap in this game is massive. Gaining end game equipment is nearly impossible without CSing out farming all the time.

    2. Requirement of guardian scrolls or binding equipment to prevent losing anything. The free dream guardian scrolls don't fully protect from item loss and for poor players it would suck to lose what gear they have should they be unlucky enough to lose it on death.

    3. This one I think has been an issue from the start but being a high level and able to pk low levels, they need to restrict PK within certain level ranges.

    4. Lack of game moderation at this point to prevent people from exploiting certain glitches and the massive amounts of trolls that aren't being taken care of. I know quite a few people don't care at this point since they're pretty used to it but it really kills the fun of it all.

    5. Lack of new players joining, I rarely see new people joining this game and most I've spoken to say something along the lines of "no one really talks to me or wants to help out, they ignore me or call me a noob". Our community is not as friendly as it once was and it's driving way potential players. PKing against the same people every day gets old pretty fast. It'd be nice to have some new people to either PK along side or against.

    Otherwise a pvp server probably wouldn't be that bad, for the most part people leave each other alone. Of course every server has those players who go out and get the newest and greatest gear, instantly +12's and shards it then goes around killing people acting like they're untouchable. Were it not for our games massive gear gap this would hardly be an issue.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    chary wrote: »
    You can drop as blue name to mobs as well, iirc. They don't discriminate.

    That was a bug we had a couple of years ago. They fixed it.

    Doesn't really matter to me anyway since I think I've dropped a total of two things ever in pve.​​
  • kyonesiver
    kyonesiver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I am sick of hearig the game should go PVP, or worse "PVERs are ruinig everything"
    PVP is the bad side of a mral grey area because of how higher level players treat lower level ones in a full pvp situation, in fact its connsidered a moraly accepted forum of abuse because some people connsider pvp fun but tey do not consider getign killed costaanntly at lower levels fun at all. Goign full pvp is a death senice for game corps liek Arc and they know this. They knw this because they know how much money pvers spend on the games other items the fasshion mounts and packs. In fact some places blow off PVP vouerss sayig pvers are srver reviue.

    the poplaur argueentt is welll give us ore pvp stuff and what be liek league of ledgends where a win is not bassed on skill?

    PVP is awful

    Period

    some peopel like it and why is it that pve is ok wth pvp havign their servers but you pvp alwayse want too kill pve?

    is loseig the abilty to kill one player that importainnt to you that you have to ruin the game for millions of players?

    PVP is jus unfrendly and a player should have the choice raather or not they want to be pvp or not regardless of server restrictions. if that strikes a foul enoough cord for you that you have to sit there annd try and force pve off the game enttirely your being abusive in a unacceptable manner and I am sick of seeign it on teh fourms.

    so yes im officaly calling foul on this arguement.

    down to truth PVP is a moraal grey area of gameig, and not everyne wants to be accaccioated with it. rather or no you CAN pk anotther player should Be that other players dessession NOT YOURS!

    sorry for all the editts my comp is being difficult
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

    afaria86 said:

    Yes, PvE servers is killing the game, which is why PvP servers were the most populated ones...

    thats an insult! I'm ssorry you dont liek pve beecause we rather not be forced to endure the most HOSTILE and VIOLENT player iteraction excusse us for wanting to coose what kinds of interactioss we are confertable with. this topic needs ot be cloed if itt isnt allredy!

    goign PVP kills games we know that form Area games and heir dramtic player ppluationn loss face it PVPers we PVers outnimber you.

    NOW we are ok with you having your events and all but honestly we would rater have a part of the cube were we can OPT OUT of pvp if we so desire why well...

    PVP is borderline abusive bahavior not many people choose to recnize it as such but not everyone is cofertable enough with it for it to be ok to jusst make hte whole game PVP. and the people that rather not outnumber you 100-1 maybe more.

    I aam ok with you guys getting more pvp events but DO NOT dare even think of tryig to take away my PVE and RUIN my ideal player experince. I don speak alone know this.
    I think afaria86 comment was meant to be treated as sarcasm. Everyone knows that pvp servers werent the most populated ones. Thats why the reason we dont have any pvp server atm.
    giphy.gif



  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I still find it baffling people can afford hella expensive gears like Emperors, cube necks and cant afford a simple Guardian Scroll are you serious right now... I mean its as simple as open inventory and saying yup got all my stuff lets do some dailies (2-5 seconds max). Hell on PvP servers it confused me half to death not calling anyone stupid but seriously.. When you chose not to bind your stuff wouldnt that mean you should always be aware of this?

    I dont know if the level reason can be really implied honestly how ridiculously easy it is to get 105x3 now as opposed to when I completed it last year sometime in june. You can get that aeu belt for 45 days stacked with dreamchaser neck, exp tome, exp blessbox with the vitae pill along with hypers and silkworms. I have 104 friends claiming to get 6% a token holy **** I was lucky to get 3-4% from 2 lucky >. < come now
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited December 2015
    The following quote has been translated into English for the benefit of anyone with a brain....
    kyonesiver wrote: »
    afaria86 wrote: »
    Yes, PvE servers is killing the game, which is why PvP servers were the most populated ones...
    Thats an insult! I'm sorry you don't like pve because we rather not be forced to endure the most HOSTILE and VIOLENT player interaction excuse us for wanting to choose what kinds of interactions we are comfortable with. this topic needs to be closed if it isn't already!

    Going PVP kills games we know that form Area games and their dramatic player population loss face it PVPers we PVers outnumber you.

    NOW we are ok with you having your events and all but honestly we would rather have a part of the cube where we can OPT OUT of pvp if we so desire why well...

    PVP is borderline abusive behavior not many people choose to recognize it as such but not everyone is comfortable enough with it for it to be ok to just make the whole game PVP. and the people that rather not outnumber you 100-1 maybe more.

    I am ok with you guys getting more pvp events but DO NOT dare even think of trying to take away my PVE and RUIN my ideal player experience. I don't speak alone know this.
    Two things.

    1. You're quoting sarchasm from 7 pages ago. Also, he's got a point of truth in that if you actually read it.
    ______ Also, how is using the truth an insult? PvP servers were dying with the lowest population of any server.
    2. If you really want to share your opinion. At least learn to speak English properly.

    I corrected what I could, but dear God, that was a mess kyonesiver.​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Sh*tposting at the speed of light.Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Let's face it, pvp servers won't happen here anymore.

    Also, @sylenthunder why is the maintenance thread closed? I've noticed they started a trend with starting threads as announcements but closing them for discussion, what's up with that BS.
    Or did they get tired of facing the harsh reality that the community knows how incompetent PWE is tiger-39.gif

    Which is ironic because lately they were actually doing a half decent job.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Here, I took a stab at translating this post. Changes are in Blue.
    kyonesiver wrote: »
    I am sick of hearing the game should go PvP, or worse "PvE'ers are ruining everything"
    PVP is the bad side of a moral grey area because of how higher level players treat lower level ones in a full pvp situation, in fact it's considered a morally accepted forum of abuse because some people consider pvp fun but they do not consider getting killed constantly at lower levels fun at all. Going full pvp is a death sentence for game corps like Arc and they know this. They know this because they know how much money PVE'ers spend on the games, and other items the fashion mounts and packs. In fact some places blow off PVP voyeurs saying PVE'ers are server revenue.

    The popular argument is well give us more pvp stuff and what be like league of legends where a win is not based on skill? (This is a complete run-on, and I'm certain there should be like quotes around part of it, but it's too screwed up to make heads or tails of the point. Also, LoL is almost entirely based on skill, so the statement is probably incorrect anyhow.)

    PvP is awful.

    Period.

    Some people like it. Also, why is it that PvE is ok with Pvp having their servers, but you PvP (people) always want to kill PvE?

    Is losing the ability to kill one player that important to you, that you have to ruin the game for millions of players?

    PvP is just unfriendly, and a player should have the choice whether or not they want to be PvP or not regardless of server restrictions. If that strikes a foul enough cord for you, that you have to sit there and try and force PvE off the game entirely. You're being abusive in an unacceptable manner, and I am sick of seeing it on the forums.

    So yes I'm officially calling foul on this argument.

    Down to truth, PvP is a moral grey area of gaming, and not everyone wants to be associated with it. rather or not you CAN PK another player should Be that other players decision NOT YOURS!

    Sorry for all the edits, my comp is being difficult
    Nah, computers have aturo-correct. Hell, even every browser underlines the words when you mis-type, then you right-click and correct it.
    Also, yeah, I got a bit in-depth with the blue at one point. It was an exercise in sarcasm, which is directed towards those who are too damn lazy to actually make comprehensible posts.
    Oh, and it was a total waste of about 25 minutes of my time, but what the hell. It's my time.​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Let's face it, pvp servers won't happen here anymore.

    Also, @sylenthunder why is the maintenance thread closed? I've noticed they started a trend with starting threads as announcements but closing them for discussion, what's up with that BS.
    Or did they get tired of facing the harsh reality that the community knows how incompetent PWE is tiger-39.gif

    Which is ironic because lately they were actually doing a half decent job.
    I dunno. That's the way Domino's style is. He makes the sticky, then starts another side-discussion in a separate thread. It's really weird. Tonight he forgot to start the other thread. I'm leaving it alone, since the last couple of weeks most of the posts are people that are completely unable to tell time.

    Back on-topic... I forgot to put a period at the end of kyon's quote.
    Shot through the heart....​​
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    blazerboy said:

    @booker27 thats cute you're saying killing someone didnt accomplish anything and yet the crying over "I dont wanna get pked" continues but it didnt solve anything alright so why advocate for a PVE server Im not sure at all where you were going with this but hey thanks for throwing in your 2 cents!!!!

    If you were talking to me advocating for a pve server, no actually i am not and you can read my old posts i said it many times. Its just amusing to see people like you finding arguments you pretend they are legit concerns instead of being honest about why you want a pvp server.

    As for the pvers crying to not be killed well some pvers are very afraid of dying in the game which is why they chose pve server in the first place but its not really fun picking on them in this thread theres nothing entertaining to debating about they will just repeat the same thing but hey at least they are being honest about it even if others will laugh at them. Thats not related to my previous post tho which you ofc ignored cause you know its true and have nothing to say about it.





  • gloomypaw
    gloomypaw Posts: 2 Arc User
    Nope, I cannot stand pvp dramas. PVE or nothing, for me. Anyway, this game has too many kids around to go mature pvp.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 631 Arc User
    PvP servers were dying with the lowest population of any server.

    They had lowest population, but they weren't dying... Far from dying.
    ​​
  • brithedarkangel#8032
    brithedarkangel#8032 Posts: 19 Arc User
    I played on Lost City when I first started playing in 2008. Got random pked a few times, had only one "camping" issue, outside of that was pretty much left alone. My RL husband started playing and got frustrated with the pk after he hit level 30 (he always seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time). So we relocated to Heaven's Tear. The rest as they say is "history".

    I say let the PvPers have a pure PvP server or 2 to themselves. And let those whose enjoy PVE have theirs. Those on PVE servers who would like to transfer to a PVP server should be given the option to do so. No one should be forced to play in a manner that they dislike. PWE made these changes to China's format, to accommodate what would become their player base. They made this decision through a series of trial runs and market tests.

    I have been on both sides of the fence with this issue. Each side has their pro's as well as con's. The wants and wishes of a few should not ruin the game for many.
    I'm an angel I swear I am. The horns are just there to hold my halo up!!
    657410mkknv10dfd.jpg
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 227 Arc User
    This discussion is one big loop. lol
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Basicly PVPers unable to admit that it was their brand of "super fun gameplay" that killed their own servers and forced them to be assimilated into the more successfully PVE ones.

    You want more PVP, get rid of the impediments - PK drops, excessive time needed to stay in PK.

    You want to fix events - make them work like the caravan quest in Owl Stronghold, need to be in PK to attend.
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    perrion said:

    Basicly PVPers unable to admit that it was their brand of "super fun gameplay" that killed their own servers and forced them to be assimilated into the more successfully PVE ones.

    Depends on how you define success. If it is only related to the total amount of invested real money into the game, corroborated with the larger population of PVE servers (although let's face it, many people on both types of servers got there either by accident or were forcefully moved, historically), then by all means yes PVE servers are best.

    I would be surprized to find out that the few numbers we had on HL spent less per capita than people on PVE servers.

    This discussion can go both ways and it is why I reiterate the fact that this thread is illogical, pure nonsense. It demands answers to a silly proposal that only a few support, but its effect is that people are focused on pouring down their frustrations in it, instead of trying to find some changes that would benefit all types of players.

    Some people mentioned it before, but I can sum it up and add my own few:
    1. keep the switch, but increase and ENFORCE the timer, from hours to 1 week (calendar, not time in game). Once you go PVP, you are forced to stay in it for a week. And make it the same for PVE. Because it avoids cases when someone stays PVE to enjoy some events where he would get rekt, and then switches again to kill people weaker than him/her, or simply go in for a vengefull purge :). Basically, if you start supporting a switch, make it meaningful, not somehting that can be so easily tricked.
    2. while in PVP mode, add restrictions both level based and gear based to prevent the harassing of weaker people. People not in same range (a good range indicator would be the fixed values shown by eye of observation) would not be able to attack / debuff oponents in inferior range unless the inferior ones start it. You can always start a fight with a better geared/leveled char if you so chose to. To better support this, add some indication on character display that shows the difference in power when compared to yours.
    3. give some more meaningful experiences to end game players, something other than the current ones (TW,NW). TBD.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Tbh most 'real PvPers' have already moved off to join/create private servers, where gear is equal, everyone is handed r9rr+12 Nuema Portal sets.

    Quite a few came back complaining of a lack of community and that they got bored of PKing all day, some perhaps found out they weren't as pro as they thought they were and got their backsides handed to them, once their gear advantage was taken away.

    I guess that could have influenced PWEs decision to roll forward with PvE servers only, as there are plenty of PvP pservers out there to accommodate that market.

    Embrace the PvE Carebearness, you know it feels warm and fuzzy inside.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Fluffy Fox Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Some people mentioned it before, but I can sum it up and add my own few:
    1. keep the switch, but increase and ENFORCE the timer, from hours to 1 week (calendar, not time in game). Once you go PVP, you are forced to stay in it for a week. And make it the same for PVE. Because it avoids cases when someone stays PVE to enjoy some events where he would get rekt, and then switches again to kill people weaker than him/her, or simply go in for a vengefull purge :). Basically, if you start supporting a switch, make it meaningful, not somehting that can be so easily tricked.
    2. while in PVP mode, add restrictions both level based and gear based to prevent the harassing of weaker people. People not in same range (a good range indicator would be the fixed values shown by eye of observation) would not be able to attack / debuff oponents in inferior range unless the inferior ones start it. You can always start a fight with a better geared/leveled char if you so chose to. To better support this, add some indication on character display that shows the difference in power when compared to yours.
    3. give some more meaningful experiences to end game players, something other than the current ones (TW,NW). TBD.

    Oh, these ideas aren't bad. monkey-16.gif If PWE will keep all servers PvE which, let's face it, is what's going to happen as I can't imagine they would turn one PvP and allow transfers, they could improve some things and fix some issues like RW. But ehh... it's all about waiting for Wanmei for when and if they feel like bothering... mouse-18.gif
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @booker27 RW being pretty much Resource farm not a actual War isn't kinda legit concern? which is what alot of people have a issue with but its not important? The fact alot of people wish people who stole mobs or talked smack could get whats coming to them or atleast wish the primal world boss could be competed for yea as you said they arent legit concerns because only I want them? Maybe you personally dont really care but hey everyone has their own oppinion I guess. I believe I was honest from the gecko why I want a PVP server RW a actual contest, people cant get away with their bull sure It doesnt completely stop them but its better then nothing we have nothing... And primal world boss atleast a fair contest for guilds to fight over once agian, idk about other severs but first night it appeared about 4-5 factions fought over him with 1 claiming him not even the strongest either lol. But since you dont care they aren't legit concerns okay and before you QQ I ignored you let me quote you "It's amusing to see people like you finding arguements you pretend are legit concerns instead of being honest why you want a pvp server".

    If thats the way of thinking guess the lag people on DawnsGlory people complain about doesnt matter because I dont lag Hooray for Asian Internet!! Really bro..... Are my points not legit concerns or is it they arent concerns to you and PVE only players? Eitherway doesn't make them not legit because it doesnt apply to you because I can log any server lag free trolo doesnt make those who have that issue not a legit concern even if its not the majority....
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    game suxx, without the ability to try and kill everyone and everything in sifght .
    plain and simple
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 631 Arc User
    perrion wrote: »
    Basicly PVPers unable to admit that it was their brand of "super fun gameplay" that killed their own servers and forced them to be assimilated into the more successfully PVE ones.

    How it killed "our own server"? normal-18.gif First of all we don't own any server. Second of all, we just played the game and didn't even break any rules (if others did, it was't obvious and I personally haven't seen any suspicious activity concerning pvp).
    Saying that players are to blame that pvp servers were closed is funny and stupid. Yes, PvE brought PWE more money. What could we do? CS more (like full salaries)? Bribe GMs? Seriously, what we did? Commited a crime according to your point tiger-2.gif
    ​​
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    pve money wise .... getting r9 on a pve server .. kinda feels like shooting kittens with cannons
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    man if you switch Dawnglory into PvP server it's gonna be brawls everywhere every hour of the day egg-2.gif​​
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    that is what this game was originally made for. If i remember correctly china doesn't have lame $%^*$%^ pve servers were people hide in blue name, talk $%^#$#$, and then afk set up a shop outside of sz at sp......​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

    that is what this game was originally made for. If i remember correctly china doesn't have lame $%^*$%^ pve servers were people hide in blue name, talk $%^#$#$, and then afk set up a shop outside of sz at sp......​​

    Why do you care what others talk in wc as long as its not directed at you or your friends or members of your family?
    If we were to have pvp server only we should have them when they started PWI not now.
    giphy.gif



  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Im so confused why this guy plays a multiplayer game man. Truely sounds like he would do better in games without challenge and farm stuff completely alone as long theres new content. "W.e other players do doesn't matter as long it doesnt directly affect you but pvp would because they could attack you at any given point, but words dont count just pixel attacks" Not saying he said that just how it seems w.e he says "Why do you care this person did this or that" as if the wrongs ppl do should go unpunished even if its as small as killing them
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 631 Arc User
    tiger-2.gif I always hated when I was advised to go play single player game when I said I prefered to solo soloable instances, but I want to play MMO to communicate with ppl and deal with them via pvp. Didn't ever think I would summon the same argument, but then you solo most of pve, don't care what ppl say because they say ****, can't stop them whatever they do, can't pvp against them... So much for a MMO pig-2.gif​​
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    I'm curious if the PVP servers were the least populated and if so, why do you think that is?

    I wouldn't have joined this game if it were completely PVP. It's not something that I like nor care to do. I admit it was fun in NW until the gear gap became too ridiculous. But it ended there. When I leave the NW area I am back to my normal "don't have to keep looking over my shoulder" game. Four hours per week and even that is sometimes more than I care to do.

    There should be a PVP server and they should allow a free transfer to it. Once, no going back. I have a feeling that you would have even less players than your server had before the merger. Aside from the poor people sent off to another planet (EU server) if they wanted their old times back (or closer to them).

    PWE wouldn't make enough money if they changed all the servers to PVP. They are going to follow the money.​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Yes they were the least populated server. So much so that at one point, Lost City could not complete a server-wide event before it expired.

    A PvP server is fine when it first starts, and in the early seasons. After time though, it gets stale. mainly because for a new person to get up to speed on a long-standing PvP server, it is very expensive. Although the idea is the most valid one, even if you opened a PvP server and offered the transfer stone, you would still run into the same issues. The server will make money initially, but will quickly become stale and a sinkhole of funds.

    Unless we have more balanced gear/skills, without the power creep and gear being completely in the boutique, a PvP server just isn't viable. Other games soar with PvP primarily because you can't buy your gear. It's all basically the same endgame for everyone, and the battle is pretty much purely about a player's skill. (Which personally, is a lot more rewarding that one-shotting someone who is geared insanely less than you are.)​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 631 Arc User
    Yes they were the least populated server. So much so that at one point, Lost City could not complete a server-wide event before it expired.

    What event you are talking about? o.o

    I didn't really think we needed this merge. They could make 2 x-server NWs, 2 groups 4 servers in each.
    ​​