Give me a good argument why should all servers be PVP

Options

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I share the same opinion that people who want to PvP can do it even on a PvE server. I understand people who played on the PvP servers liked the ability to attack anyone and the idea of always being alert because of a possible attack plus the various alliances, but I also think; if someone isn't interested in fighting and doesn't fight back or return after getting killed, you're not getting PK anyway. It would make no difference to me if that person was white name or blue name.

Another thing to consider is the fact that one player attacking another can escalate into a big PK fight, but it can also turn into nothing because one side will decide they don't feel like fighting that day. It just seems to me that if people don't want to PvP they'll simply log off/leave/stay in safe zone so it doesn't matter if the server is PvP or PvE. PK won't happen if people don't want to PK no matter what the server is.

One thing I definitely agree on in favor of PvP servers, however, are the various quests/events/instances that don't work too well because they weren't designed for PvE servers. It was a poor decision to completely get rid of PvP servers after the server merges, but what is done is done. Like I said many times already, make one or two servers PvP and then allow server transfers... not to mention this would be much needed for the Harshlands players that were suddenly forced into a European server/timezone.

On another note, speaking of OP's original question; I think turning all servers into PvP would cause a large part of the playerbase to quit if they don't have the option to transfer/play on a PvE server. In that case, we might as well move to private servers because PWI servers would be very dead. Well, I might be wrong, but since I mostly played on Sanctuary, a PvE server, and saw what people there like and don't like... I could see half (if not more) the server quitting.

Maybe we should just accept that PWI won't ever return to what it used to be... most of the time we're fighting the "same ol' people" anyway. tiger-27.gif Well, at least we have cross server NW (and soon TW) for a change of pace.

​​
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    All servers shouldn't be PvP.

All servers should be set back to what they were before. [REMOVED]
    But oh wait, they can't change the servers back because they merged a North American PvP server with a **** European PvE server.

Please refrain from directly insulting other players. Especially with such foul language. ~ Sylen​​
    NGTUy53.png

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    Can the moderator please remove the comment above were the person insults the people that like PVE more than PVP?
    giphy.gif

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Can the moderator please remove the comment above were the person insults the people that like PVE more than PVP?

Fixed.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    On a side note, wasn't it the case that PvE "carebear" players completely wiped the floor with the so called PvP pro-gods in PvP after the merge?
    I'm pretty sure there was something about that in a thread a while ago tiger-17.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• bloodedone87
    Options
    I believe that some people that want pvp servers( and I am talking here about people that want all servers to be turned pvp) is cause of this reaseon: once their servers were merged and become pve servers the ppl that they liked to kill become blue name and never switched back to white. So now they are pissed off cause they cannot kill those player that have some grudge against over and over again.
    The sad part is that in this game people dont pk for the fun of pk. They pk because they hate( even if it has no sense to hate a person you never meat in rl or did something to harm you for real) the other person, the other faction, they hate something that person said in world chat.... If people would pk just for fun we wouldnt have 2 hours pk drama in world chat everytime after 5 minutes of their pk fights.
    giphy.gif

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    All servers should be pvp for the express reason of certain events being borked on pve servers (rw, caravan, etc.).​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    chary wrote: »
    All servers should be pvp for the express reason of certain events being borked on pve servers (rw, caravan, etc.).

No, china should have made those mobs attackable in PvP only (like caravan mobs in primal specifically, since the caravan you mean is probably the same as the one from RW. Unless they changed caravan mobs to now work with pve).
    This is still no reason. Although easier for china, though.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    I'm one of those who wants pvp server back and I NEVER rpk without a reason. Yes, I could kill ppl from kos list, I could attack ppl who tried to steal the boss I was killing, or hunt a scammer.
    Yes, I'm aware that some ppl camp others just because they can, but if you think they do it 24/7, you are a bit wrong. It's too tiresome even for the most miserable no-lifer :D
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    limonazza said:

switch all servers back to PvP only as how it is intended by wanmei devs

game dies w\o pvp

and without open pk we just have no pvp at all

i don't even get why if china doesnt have pve mode, why pwi has it... FFS​​

I don't even get it why if china has a different nation wars forges we got other version. Why we don't haveNW forges where to make 1 rapture crystal costs 1000000 fee... FFS.

See what I did here?

People are already mad cause many parts of the game are becoming more China like. See earning time, nerfed value of dq items, removed the value of potions and mirages, removed the Nirvana Talisman etc.
    I can imagine the rage of the people if this game becomes a mirror image of PWCN.
    giphy.gif

• aeronares#2735
    aeronares#2735 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    chary said:

All servers should be pvp for the express reason of certain events being borked on pve servers (rw, caravan, etc.).​​

why a fail cleric is talking about pk ? Caravan can't be done by people in pve, turn to pvp is a choice, some people want to make their dailies without being pked by others, look when you were white after nw, a lot of people were afk for 10 hours. I think people must keep the choice. If you are not happy you can go at sp, you have some burritos and such to kill.
    I rarely saw you there ^^
  • bloodedone87
    Options

chary said:

why a fail cleric is talking about pk ? Caravan can't be done by people in pve, turn to pvp is a choice, some people want to make their dailies without being pked by others, look when you were white after nw, a lot of people were afk for 10 hours. I think people must keep the choice. If you are not happy you can go at sp, you have some burritos and such to kill.
    I rarely saw you there ^^
    Please no personal attacks on this thread. I really dont want it to be closed.
    Send private message to that person if you got something against him or her.
    giphy.gif

• dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options
    I've always been on Sanct server. I remember before the earthguard when we still had fcc hyper-able.... that endgame geared white names would literally camp the town near fcc to attack any white-name trying to get into fcc. didnt matter what gear you had, white-name = dead. we had sins hunting ppl on map in stealth and spam killing forever. they were camping SP.

the gear gap is crazy here, most ppl who turned blue from merged pvp server probably did so because why should they be white-name for *YOUR* pleasure to kill relentlessly. i mean some of the ppl crying in WC about nobody coming to pk....... would be in hiding as well if their gear were not uber-pumped. i feel [a diff game i cant mention]'s idea of normalizing gear for pvp events is best idea to maintain competition, but that would kill the cash shop. the simple fact that there are toons i cant hit more than 1k on with my +12 r9rr weapon is evidence of the gear gap. open PVP is all about measuring your lil winky and wasting teles bragging about what your credit card is capable of.

if they were to go full pvp, but also normalize gear or make a set of free farmable gear equivalent to top tier, there would be far more pk, but i really believe a lot of people who use the word "rekt" in chat would be the ones hiding out in SZ.
  • shade13
    edited December 2015
    Options
    By the way, I don't think that ALL servers should be PvP. I'm only frustrated that the option was taken away from those who made this choice willingly.

We have 2 west servers now. Why couldn't 1 of them be left as PvP I just don't get. And no one explained (the only idea was to balance x-server NW, and it failed completely, if it really ever took place).
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    People that desperately want the servers to be PvP servers are basically people that want to fight and kill people that dont want to actually fight back. Cuz on a PvE server they'd still be white.

Sounds to me like insecure teenagers overcompensating in a video game when they QQ they cant kill a 40 year old housewife thats doing dailies. Pathetic ;x
  • shade13
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    People that desperately want the servers to be PvP servers are basically people that want to fight and kill people that dont want to actually fight back.

Nobody said that they want force ppl into pk mode. We just want server type choice, like it was before.
    If you suffer that much, pick pve, like sylen or bloodedone did and enjoy. Problem solved.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Options
    dingo488 said:

People that desperately want the servers to be PvP servers are basically people that want to fight and kill people that dont want to actually fight back. Cuz on a PvE server they'd still be white.

This is the truth if peope really wanted PvP fun they would make PvP. But no what people want is easy wins so they can pretend they are something in this game. Just admit youre not looking for PvP because all the arguments ive seen so far are pretty weak.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    cuz you pve pansy need a goal to achieve by getting your butts wrecked... *drops mic*
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »

Sounds to me like insecure teenagers overcompensating in a video game when they QQ they cant kill a 40 year old housewife thats doing dailies. Pathetic ;x

LMAO
    or sounds like 50k hps BMs with absolutely no kill potential that would do nothing in open PK if they dont have their team around 4Head.png4Head.png4Head.pngegg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gif

besides the PJSalt.png

camping questing players means -> those would call friends to fight them back -> open pk enrages -> competition intensifies -> charm\pots\def charms being used -> economy intensifies -> who gets rekt will most likely try to improve their gears -> economy intensifies -> server activity wins and PWE wins​​
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    Stop this madness :D Its killing meh..

PWI messed up when it decided to merge a PVE server with a PVP server. Badly. Its as simple as that. People were bound to split into 2 categories: happy/mad. If you as a game made that decision, why then come and provoke both parties to fight on forum?
    You were the ones who caused all the ruccus, you fix it. Or at least assume accountability for it. Their anger is clearly directed at you, but from the way things go on this thread, I see they started to quarrel among themsleves...

You specifically created a variation of the original purpose of this game (PVP). My take, a nice variation (mixed PVE/PVP modes on a server) which I kind of like. But again, you created a unholy situation where a PVE server has events that make no sense outside of PVP mode.

The question is wrong in itself. You listen to only a fraction of people who ask for PVP only, disregarding the ones who want only PVE. I hope this is not a simple tactic to make customers fight among themselves.

If you are interested in customer satisfaction (a lot of customers suggest otherwise), here is a 2 step action-plan:
    1. Make sure you have at least 1 PVP server in both US and EU zones. Yeah, because you moved people around without them having a say. So naughty of you o:)
    2. Provide the server transfer stone. If you managed to transfer data between servers automatically each NW, I am sure you can make do with a permanent transfer. Hard as it may be (I mean cmon, you alread ydid that with the server merges...).

Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Are you pro-life or pro-choice?​​
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    I'm not sure if there is enough population left that's interested to justify an entire server. Lost City and Harshlands had dwindling populations before the merge relative to the other servers.​​
  • booker27
    Options
    limonazza said:

camping questing players means -> those would call friends to fight them back -> open pk enrages -> competition intensifies -> charm\pots\def charms being used -> economy intensifies -> who gets rekt will most likely try to improve their gears -> economy intensifies -> server activity wins and PWE wins​​

This is the ideal but not what actually happens people just leave or sit in sz. and this has nothing to do with blue names or not. Can sit in sz even on pvp server.
  • shade13
    Options
    asterelle wrote: »
    I'm not sure if there is enough population left that's interested to justify an entire server. Lost City and Harshlands had dwindling populations before the merge relative to the other servers.

Would it hurt to ask what dwindling population wants?
    How did it stop dwindling since NW is completely disbalanced anyway and x-server TWs will have player limits and overall server population doesn't matter?
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • booker27
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The few people that want pvp server no matter what will just all gather in one big dominant faction or quit cuz they cant deal with loss.
  • kefal
    kefal Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    I play the game as PvE but I do TW and sometimes NW which are of course PvP because it is a requirement of my faction. I agree with the person who stated that you can do PvP all the time if you wish and no one is stopping you, so I don't see the problem! But if it was all PvP then I think I would stop playing and find something else to enjoy.
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    lets return to the fact that PWCH didn't design PvE servers,
    and that PWCH has PvP servers only
    and that PWCH is the developing this game

lets return to the fact that Resource Wars are a joke w\o enforced PvP mode as per PvP servers

If in future open PvP events will be released what are we going to do with all these unintended blue names around?

i re-reformulate to make it even more clear,

PvE servers aren't supposed to exist starting with​​
  • subtleintuition
    subtleintuition Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    PVE servers are a byproduct of North American gaming philosophy. No where else do games turn into pve. Everyone in China have gotten used to the forced pvp servers. They do not care, they adapt. That is where the real gamers are.
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If I can express my opinion, I'm not interested at all in PvP! I often wonder what other people see in it, but I know that there are people who like it and enjoy it. I respect that. But I think people with similar feelings like me, should be respected too.

I don't mind if all servers become PvP as long as there is the option for me and for people like me, to be PvE, or blue named if you like, while online. Like the PvP lovers can enable pk while on a PvE server, I would like the same treatment, had I been forced to face the same situation (being on different type of server of what I'd like).

I understand the frustration and possible disappointment of people choosing PvP servers and suddenly going to PvE servers. They at least have the choice to enable pk mode on if they'd like. So if servers had to go PvP that would be fine with me, as long as I could go blue name, since this is my choice. I'd like the same treatment, that's all.