Give me a good argument why should all servers be PVP

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User

Nobody bashed end game ppl. If I would have hated end game players I would have not run FWS( my being the one that maked the squad so I could have easy kick them) with end game players.
    Bots are gone now since dq was nerfed so its no point to talk about them anymore. Yes they were annoying as hell but thats in the past now.
    Accusing someone that he does primal chain quests in the same area like you is plain stupid. As long as he didnt target your exactly the mobs you were attacking you cannot accuse that person for stealing mobs . All people must quest for dailies the same mobs in the same areas. Or what do you people want? To stand in line and quest one after other? If you go afk should we wait 1 hour or 2 untill you decide to come back.
    Another stupid thing is killing someone for what that person said in wc. As long as its not directed at you or your friends why do you care what someone says in wc?
    Boss stealing? I never had someone steal my bosses from me. In fact when I had to kill a boss and someone stronger than me came there that person invited me to squad. I remember 2 weaks ago I had to kill 3 frogs for time morai quests and there camed a r9 cleric that invited me to squad. Once I had to do morai purple quest and there was a seeker needing the same mobs as me and this time I invited him to squad.
    KILLING MOBS IN THE SAME AREA AS YOU DO DOESNT MEAN STEALLING THEM FROM YOU.
    Im not against people having PvP server. You can go there and kill eachother. Im against turning all servers to pvp.
    I like being blue ty. I like questing without worrying that maybe this is the day when someone attacks me.

Bullcrap majority of this post is ppl QQing lower geared ppl will cry their eyes out because higher geared ppl will kill them so its not fun. Well thats kinda how the world works chill atleast its not real you're getting wrecked lol jk but seriously thats what I see alot of peoples counter arguement for no PVP server lmfao
    If everyone wants to play the victim well I guess thats why bluebame exist mind blown...
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • blazerboy
    @eirghan I understand your point and on PvP servers there was a extremely small minority who actually did harassment and the majority of people crying they were harassed I bet did something to antogonize the person who harassed them theres consequences to your actions and if you got the guts to call someone our who our gear or outskill you w.o backup you should be able to face them. This wasnt a perma fix but dang right it was fun to kill the jerk who came at you verbally half the time. XD
    The harassing you are refering to the basic random harassing usually got you so much stigma go ahead least safezone for dailies or bs with friends you will find yourself right back there because of your past transgressions
  • blazerboy
    shade13 said:

i wonder if the ppl raving for all PVP woudl still want it if their r9rr were to be rolled back and everyone were duking it out with r8r instead?

Do you think we got our r9r upon first log in?

And if we all rolled back, it would be better pvp wise. As I mentioned here before, hitting 3k on 30k hp is way worse than on 15k hp. First is what we have, latter is somehow balanced.
    ​​

See perfect example lazy person complaining how others got their r9 is the root to the evils of PvP but when you all log private servers you wanna pvp right....
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    blazerboy said:

Nobody bashed end game ppl. If I would have hated end game players I would have not run FWS( my being the one that maked the squad so I could have easy kick them) with end game players.
    Bots are gone now since dq was nerfed so its no point to talk about them anymore. Yes they were annoying as hell but thats in the past now.
    Accusing someone that he does primal chain quests in the same area like you is plain stupid. As long as he didnt target your exactly the mobs you were attacking you cannot accuse that person for stealing mobs . All people must quest for dailies the same mobs in the same areas. Or what do you people want? To stand in line and quest one after other? If you go afk should we wait 1 hour or 2 untill you decide to come back.
    Another stupid thing is killing someone for what that person said in wc. As long as its not directed at you or your friends why do you care what someone says in wc?
    Boss stealing? I never had someone steal my bosses from me. In fact when I had to kill a boss and someone stronger than me came there that person invited me to squad. I remember 2 weaks ago I had to kill 3 frogs for time morai quests and there camed a r9 cleric that invited me to squad. Once I had to do morai purple quest and there was a seeker needing the same mobs as me and this time I invited him to squad.
    KILLING MOBS IN THE SAME AREA AS YOU DO DOESNT MEAN STEALLING THEM FROM YOU.
    Im not against people having PvP server. You can go there and kill eachother. Im against turning all servers to pvp.
    I like being blue ty. I like questing without worrying that maybe this is the day when someone attacks me.

Bullcrap majority of this post is ppl QQing lower geared ppl will cry their eyes out because higher geared ppl will kill them so its not fun. Well thats kinda how the world works chill atleast its not real you're getting wrecked lol jk but seriously thats what I see alot of peoples counter arguement for no PVP server lmfao
    If everyone wants to play the victim well I guess thats why bluebame exist mind blown...
    I didnt said No to pvp server. You can have a server thats pvp and go there and fight as long as you want .
    I said No to turning the 4 current servers in pvp ones.
    Why the hell you keep trying to force people to like pvp if we dont want to like pvp aka pk in this case?
    Doesnt matter the reason for what we dont wanna get killed? We simply dont wanna be killed at all.
    We pve players dont wanna try to force you to stay only blue name all day long. Go white for the rest of your life if thats what you like.
    Are you so frustrated that you cant kill some people that you used to kill cause now they are blue or what?
    giphy.gif

• blazerboy
    You asked for legit reasons why this game should be full PvP nobody said you should be forced to pvp never poke a player we dont give a damn our biggest issue is players getting away with murder A.K.A bullcrap without no repercussion. You blacklisted them well bravo doesnt really excuse the **** they did or said like if you were on a jfsp and stole a book the most you can do is worldchat screaming how much you dont like them and pray nobody goes with them which of course most people dont care if that person is a ideal class like seeker,veno,sin,cleric and has good gear. Oh yeah score one for PvE servers

Theres legit no punishment for completely awful people in this game except pretend they don't exist who can meerly hide in bluename thats the MAIN reason we hate PVE. Also stuff like no chance to get the primal boss unless you're stacked with a squad of endgame wiz and psychics. RW is a complete joke. Also do you know how many illegal bots farm herbs now for a profit and cant be stopped goodgame. PvE players got screwed too when bots surged nerfed pve drop coin value there is literally no benefit to PvE server that outweights the cost.

Btw how is it your only arguement this entire time is "we want no part in pvp and we shouldnt be forced into it" have you played pvp server completely random murder rarely happened and then you shift fire to r9 ppl will bully undergeared people just cuz we are r9 doesnt mean we only atk people below ourgear table. You asked for reason why we feel it should be PvP server but so far everytime we give you different and logical reason you complain "NOO NOOO I DONT LIKE IT BECAUSE ITS NOT WHAT I WANT SO TOP BAD" The have the nerve to claim Im doing that when I never did the sort really? @bloodedone87 you havent deviated from your 2 weak arguements but we gave you 10+ legit reason but apparently we are bullies wow
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Also do you know how many illegal bots farm herbs now for a profit and cant be stopped goodgame. PvE players got screwed too when bots surged nerfed pve drop coin value there is literally no benefit to PvE server that outweights the cost.

Why would having herb farming bots be an issue in pvp or pve serveres? If the botter is somewhat decent, they will simply have a return to city feature put in the routine. Yes, one could kill that bot for a few hours, but is that why pvp players log on this game? To one shot a botter that is not even present on the screen. At max one reduces their farming time by constant pking, but people will get bored of that. Not sure how actively players fly around on pvp maps, but there are lots of locations where bots can set up if they find a specific spot to be overwhelming. China has a massive botting problem to, all the servers there are pvp if i am not mistaken.

I just want to understand why bots are a "non issue" on pvp servers in the long term? cGv0tWU.png

As for coin devaluation, prices were similar across all servers if you take player population into account, slightly on the worse side on pvp servers due to low population. Players could force a sell side market of specific items and buyers had no recourse. That being said, on twilight temple, pack sale is on tokens at 10k mark. People opening packs left and right and winning COM. Pack sale ends, token prices jump to 17k all of a sudden. Previously there used to be a gradual increase in price of tokens after an influx of supply, but now prices are what ever the sellers seem to set them at and sadly buyers pay for it.​​
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    my thoughts on the allday all ppl white: the argument AGAINST it often times evolves around the fatc, that white ppl can get killed. lets assume its *legal* to kill every other player... wheres the link to actually killing every other player then? ... thats the part im trying to speak about.... just becasue something can be done, doesnt mean every **** in this game is gonna do it all day long.

my experioence on pvp servers (have played on 2 different ones) does not reflect this kind of attitude at all.... if anything.. pvp servers made ppl think twice before talking trash all day long, same with attacking another person .... the point here is : if you wanted to kill the guy on ur nuts all time... u could try ... but on pve ... theres no such option...

just my side of thought...

i do know, that pvp servers would scare alot of ppl away ../ we even did a poll, wether morai were pvp or pve (iirr)
    imho : the reason ppl dont like pvp servers is a big misunderstanding and misinterpretation of actual gameplay on such a server... kinda like (and im exaggerating alot mow) : if guns were legal in all of EU, mortality rate would skyrocket instantly... right! RIGHT?? ... wrong -.-

=)
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    kinda like (and im exaggerating alot mow) : if guns were legal in all of EU, mortality rate would skyrocket instantly... right! RIGHT?? ...

Thats kinda a very good example. Please compare the rate people are killed by firearms between the US (fireamrs legal) and Europe (firearms illegal).
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    This discussion is about 7 years too late. People have already become accustomed to PvE servers, generally accepted moral codes and cultures about PK have already been established. Majority of the player base would be resistant to this proposed change and I don't think it would be fair to change it now, this late, even though I would welcome it.

The power creep and quite a few other factors have created this environment where you have a bunch of OPs farming anything white name due to being bored of having no PK, in order to try and get some PvP going from inciting a faction retaliation, with no repercussions except being raged at which some people enjoy I guess.

Now consider the scenario where all servers were PvP from the start, and there was no such thing as bound gear/guardian scrolls so gear can drop based on the colour of your name, and killing lower level players/lower SF players gives you a super fast red name, with some UI traffic light indication a targets 'killability' like green for noob (you'd get a red name fast), white for fair (fun PvP), red for tough (GL mate RIP). What would be the result. How would the community have developed. I think healthy balanced fun PvP could have emerged.

I'm not suggesting that this was a realistic option as PWI would've make no money, but the point is that people attitudes towards PK and how and when to PK would have been different, which imo is the major obstacle to having only PvP servers.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Someone who can actually think @darkonome
    People that want all servers pvp forget that pwi was taken to a different direction than pwcn. Have fun on your empty servers cause pwi would definitely shut down due to inactivity. And people that want at least one pvp server while i support it and i would transfer there too, think that there gonna have lots of pk fun again except this is pwi in 2015

Most people that pvp are those who have gear and those who want to win. When they lose they give up claim they are busy irl or they are bored of the game or pretend to quit and then come back later or in the extreme cases report enemy players to get them banned lol. If pwi actually had stuck to r8rr being the standard gear there would be more people playing now and the game wouldnt have cultivated so many players like the ones i just described cause everyone would have the same chances at pvp. Ok except some that would have r9 but those would be few if our pwi model was like china. Tho i guess people would still quit cause of pwes crappy customer support.

But they cant just reverse things. Take peoples r9 away and they will sue pwe or just quit cause people put money for it. Only those who farmed r9 would prolly be ok with it tho i guess theyd ask for a compensation. Make r9 expensive but leave peoples r9 alone? just look at what happened when pwe said no more r9 in boutique.

• bloodedone87
    I see some people bringing the stupid argument of autocultivation? Really? Autocultivation problem now?
    1Autocultivation system still in the game but people not doing it anymore cause its not that profitable as it used to be so saying that servers should be forced to pvp so we can stop the people that autocultivate makes either a idiot or someone that wants to manipulate others to get what it wants.
    2 Even people that used the autocultivation still exists , even if they ruined the economy, even if they were botting in quests area zone being annoying as hell to the people that tried to quest there those people werent doing something illegal cause the system was introduced in the game by PW devs. So killing those people on PvP server kinda maked you a jerk.
    Another argument is the stupid argument of illegal herb farmers. I manually harvest herbs on Etherblade server( while listening to music so time can pass by faster) and I didnt see more than 2 people using illegal bots. The rest were harvesting manually like me and they were gone after 1-2 hours. Usually I can harvest 4 hours untill I get bored. I do hope some of you can make the difference between someone that illegal bots herbs and someone that harvest them manually.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    blazerboy said:

You asked for legit reasons why this game should be full PvP nobody said you should be forced to pvp never poke a player we dont give a damn our biggest issue is players getting away with murder A.K.A bullcrap without no repercussion. You blacklisted them well bravo doesnt really excuse the **** they did or said like if you were on a jfsp and stole a book the most you can do is worldchat screaming how much you dont like them and pray nobody goes with them which of course most people dont care if that person is a ideal class like seeker,veno,sin,cleric and has good gear. Oh yeah score one for PvE servers

Theres legit no punishment for completely awful people in this game except pretend they don't exist who can meerly hide in bluename thats the MAIN reason we hate PVE. Also stuff like no chance to get the primal boss unless you're stacked with a squad of endgame wiz and psychics. RW is a complete joke. Also do you know how many illegal bots farm herbs now for a profit and cant be stopped goodgame. PvE players got screwed too when bots surged nerfed pve drop coin value there is literally no benefit to PvE server that outweights the cost.

Btw how is it your only arguement this entire time is "we want no part in pvp and we shouldnt be forced into it" have you played pvp server completely random murder rarely happened and then you shift fire to r9 ppl will bully undergeared people just cuz we are r9 doesnt mean we only atk people below ourgear table. You asked for reason why we feel it should be PvP server but so far everytime we give you different and logical reason you complain "NOO NOOO I DONT LIKE IT BECAUSE ITS NOT WHAT I WANT SO TOP BAD" The have the nerve to claim Im doing that when I never did the sort really? @bloodedone87 you havent deviated from your 2 weak arguements but we gave you 10+ legit reason but apparently we are bullies wow

Go on, keep say I said things I didnt said. Go On, I am waiting.
    I already broked my rule to not have an argument with you. not anymore. Say what you want.
    giphy.gif

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @eirghan I understand your point and on PvP servers there was a extremely small minority who actually did harassment and the majority of people crying they were harassed I bet did something to antogonize the person who harassed them theres consequences to your actions and if you got the guts to call someone our who our gear or outskill you w.o backup you should be able to face them. This wasnt a perma fix but dang right it was fun to kill the jerk who came at you verbally half the time. XD
    The harassing you are refering to the basic random harassing usually got you so much stigma go ahead least safezone for dailies or bs with friends you will find yourself right back there because of your past transgressions

Sure, I won't deny that there are a ton of people like that in PWI - People who talk big and ask for a challenge and antagonize people, but I'm talking about the other scenarios where the person is just antagonized for something minor, like how they talk, or what faction they are in; the people who don't insult others or act like a douchecanoe. But even the jerks don't deserve to have a group standing over them griefing them while they try to get their dailies done (at least in my opinion) unless they specifically choose to play that way. If they want to be a jerk and fight it out with someone, cool. But then once it's done I think even jerks should be able to go on with their week, or month, or year...

This gets more and more into the opinion of anarchy vs democracy. IE Anarchy: Don't be a jerk or youre gonna get killed. Democracy: Everyone has a right to free speech and safety while going about their daily business even if youre a jerk. Frankly, I think the mixed server is as democratic as PWI can get (since the government does jack and can't be voted out of office) and it was probably made this way to match (or grew to be this way because of) the north american way of thinking.

You can argue that a game should be fun, and it's fun to kill people you don't like, but it's all a spectrum and no definitive line between the player deserving to be killed or not; no definitive line between when that killing becomes harassment or a violation of that players free right to enjoy playing the game. This is why PWI most likely stepped clear of responsibility for this. There's a button, you can choose to kill or be killed, or you can play it safe. You don't like being killed? Push the button. You like to be killed and kill others? Leave the button alone. Simple. Easy... and Cheap. Not enough people to kill? Ah well. The cost of server autonomy is quality of game play. At least PWI isn't losing money.... tiger-9.gif
    ​​
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    blazerboy said:

our biggest issue is players getting away with murder A.K.A bullcrap without no repercussion. You blacklisted them well bravo doesnt really excuse the **** they did or said like if you were on a jfsp and stole a book

How do you "steal a book"? If squad is on random, whoever gets the book keeps it. Problem solved.
    blazerboy said:

the most you can do is worldchat screaming how much you dont like them and pray nobody goes with them which of course most people dont care if that person is a ideal class like seeker,veno,sin,cleric and has good gear. .... Theres legit no punishment for completely awful people in this game

We keep a list of idiots who are either annoying or fail at throwing axes in FSP, fail defending in WS or whatever, then you know never to invite them to your squads again. You learn pretty fast who are decent, skilled, respectable players - and so who to invite to your squads, and who not to. (And what they do in other people's squads, I don't care).

I'm not saying people like that don't actually deserve to get PK'd, there's some rare times I actually wish I could force someone to go white named so I could kill them (e.g. I gather a bunch of mobs at Liu Soo and then someone comes and AOEs them on me). But you talk like you want the game to be policed by whoever has the biggest gun. How on earth is that a good solution? So I might be minding my own business just doing dailies and because some cash shopped person didn't get a hug from their Mommy today so they're having hormone imbalance issues, they decide to come PK me and there's a chance (albeit small, but a chance) that my Emperor tome might drop because it isn't bound. Why on earth would I want that?

Someone as an aisde, I really like the heavenfall temple. Sure it gets a bit boring and repetitive, but I've complained since the start that we're on a PVE server and yet most major events (e.g. TW, NW, RW) are all PVP based. NW being the worst, because many gear upgrades (e.g. tomes, rings, s4 cube neck) -require- you to participate in a PVP event in order to get them. Now finally we have a challenging PVE instance where we can compete with other players based on how well and how fast you can kill mobs and complete challenges and doesn't revolve around PVP. That is much more my idea of the kind of events and instances a PVE server should have. Now if only we had a PVE event which rewarded supply tokens...
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    implode wrote: »
    but I've complained since the start that we're on a PVE server and yet most major events (e.g. TW, NW, RW) are all PVP based

Wut? tiger-18.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    @blazerboy "i get upset easily and i need to kill people so i can vent my frustration" is what your post sounds like.

So someone did something, you got mad, you pkd them. And? What exactly did that accomplish? Thats not punishment dying in a game means nothing unless you yourself feel embarassed of dying in the game so you project that onto others. I can think of people KOSing someone and make it impossible for them to play if they do scamming, insults and whatever. Ok that person can just make a new toon and pretend to be someone else or reroll on another server or find another game and do the same thing there. People like scammers dont have any attachments to games otherwise they would worry about their reputation.

If someone did something legit bad PKing them means absolutely nothing. You go beyond the game to solve those problems. Pking people to punish them is in fact just for people to vent their frustration.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    @theperson withthe emperor dropping - binding charms , scrolls, or safety lock... with all the nonsense account theft going around these days ... everything not bound is at risk anyways - so no point in not binding ... i can see the multi toon usage though =)
  • blazerboy
    @booker27 thats cute you're saying killing someone didnt accomplish anything and yet the crying over "I dont wanna get pked" continues but it didnt solve anything alright so why advocate for a PVE server Im not sure at all where you were going with this but hey thanks for throwing in your 2 cents!!!!

@implode yeah not sure on your server but mine people like to grab the boob immediately after boss like toad dies when its set on free for axes and sometimes they pet the leader bank it and lotto it however he or she feels. Personally I dont care for this since back on HL I saw how these situations turned ugly fast and all I saw was wc spam people crying over a book that was a mere example to my point. Also I have no idea whats with your people with the whole droping thing guardian scrolls (we call them dolls) why on Earth would you leave SZ w.o them white or blue name personally that I dont feel is a excuse thats pretty much negligence you can afford a tome that expensive as emperor but not 10m to be stocked up on dolls? Come on really thats just knowing what you have and being prepared on the daily which Im guessing is so hard because in 7yrs I haven't dropped anything worth a damn but thats just me not here to question how people prepare their character. Btw thanks agian for making this a Cash shopper vs obvious farmer arguement by stating "Some poor cash shopper who wasnt hugged by their mom" people need to stop blaming how much money we make or willing to spend for entertainment as a means to blame their poor gaming experience lmfao
    The major events at pwi of PWI are PVP based Im guessing because the game should be challenging to some extent? Can you name one instance a g16 char really struggles with and by struggle I mean how TT used to be with tt90 gear none really.. RW is a PVE event at this point though lol

@eirghan im not agianst giving people free choice in their gaming experience but theres somethings that PVP should be a forced area. Like RW on PVP servers you didnt even drop anything and Primal World that way atleast open people can remain pansys and not really affect others in the makining. I.E Primal boss can be fought for, People can stop being jerks stealimg dailies mobs. People like to make PvP sound like its mindless slaughter of eachother but then say WE LOVE TW. This part kind of confuses me because lets think about this would half as much people do tw if you just playing agianst mobs all day or is it they like PvP but affraid to lose items sounds like items then use that as a battlecry not cry PVPers are unfair cash shoppers that ruin the game blah blah

@bloodedone87 actually reread you post and you can see what im talking about you complain so hard as if PvPers and Cashshoppers are the reason everything bad happens in this game then turn around to say Im demanding the game be played how i want where everyone must die news flash thats not even what Im saying if it were up to me I would want to kill people even in cities lmfao. But nah that wouldnt be exactly fair what Im saying is atleast make the key things be PvP areas like the entire map during RW and Primal World.
  • shade13
    PvE oriented ppl also don't take into consideration guilds open map opposition, which can be fun. If you don't want to take part in it, you can always join a safe listed guild (won't protect from everyone, but from 99% of rpk at least) and pick a guild accordingly, but for those who are interested, it can be a source of fun and challenge. With blue name option this "feature" is simply non existent. Even though it attracted lots of players in good old times and taught them how to support and be supported. Even though it was one of the main things worth playing for. But who cares...​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2015
    Someone here has a paranoia and thinks that I am attacking pvp players and catshopers. I can care less what people do whit their money and how they play. Also he sounds like: '' nobody cant do dailies in the same time as me in the same area as me'' like he owns properties and nobody cant quests in the same area as he does. Stop being so paranoid for God sake. Go on keep showing me your ''intelligence''.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    shade13 said:

PvE oriented ppl also don't take into consideration guilds open map opposition, which can be fun. If you don't want to take part in it, you can always join a safe listed guild (won't protect from everyone, but from 99% of rpk at least) and pick a guild accordingly, but for those who are interested, it can be a source of fun and challenge. With blue name option this "feature" is simply non existent. Even though it attracted lots of players in good old times and taught them how to support and be supported. Even though it was one of the main things worth playing for. But who cares...​​

ATM I prefer being alone in the game. I dont want being in a guild. For the moment got bored being in one. I kinda feel like being solo. I dont want to be in a guild or just make friends to be protected.
    Let me gave you this scenario:
    It took me 3 months to make a Gang of hooligan tome. Maybe some people can make that in one weak or 1 day. But I dont play as hard or as longer as others. I go white name and I get killed by someone in pk mode and lose the tome to him. What will acomplish if I come back later with friends or factions and kill that person? I wont get back my tome . 3 months for nothing.
    giphy.gif

• shade13
    edited December 2015
    bloodedone87, not all ppl are the same as we have already found out. All ppl have fun in different activities.
    What's not interesting and not attractive for you can be a reason to log and play for others.

And if you can afford such tome, what's the problem to buy dolls or set a lock if you are cheap for dolls and don't want to bind it? This game provides a lot of ways to save your belongings. Some of them aren't especially convenient, but at least they are free.

Again, I'm not convincing you, that you want to play on pvp server. I understand you pretty well. I just don't agree with the decision to take our fun away.

Also, I described scenario between certain guilds only. Usually it doesn't include other factions and guildless neutrals.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2015
    shade13 said:

bloodedone87, not all ppl are the same as we have already found out. All ppl have fun in different activities.

What's not interesting and not attractive for you can be a reason to log and play for others.

And if you can afford such tome, what's the problem to buy dolls or set a lock if you are cheap for dolls and don't want to bind it? This game provides a lot of ways to save your belongings. Some of them aren't especially convenient, but at least they are free.

Again, I'm not convincing you, that you want to play on pvp server. I understand you pretty well. I just don't agree with the decision to take our fun away.

Also, I described scenario between certain guilds only. Usually it doesn't include other factions and guildless neutrals.
    ​​

If I were to decide I would have make you a pvp server right now and gave you the possibilty to transfer for free every toon you got on every acount you got.
    giphy.gif

• magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    shade13 said:

... This game provides a lot of ways to save your belongings. Some of them aren't especially convenient, but at least they are free...​

Having experience of game on PvP server, I can say, that items can be dropped in PvE too ...
    PWIWiki said:

You have a small chance to drop an item when you die, whether a monster or a player kills you ​

When you are not high level, but white already (after level 30), you can drop items.

If character drop all potions being killed and not once, you can understand, what mean PvP server.

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    You can drop as blue name to mobs as well, iirc. They don't discriminate.​​
  • phoeny1
    phoeny1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    As a prior LC player who started right after beta was finished, I have to start this post off with how boring the game has gotten for me. Let me explain, why.

1. Yes, LC was a PVP server, and being a noob to MMO's I had no idea what that meant. But a group of 6 of us joined the game together. We coordinated our toons so we had 1 person playing each class so that we could run as a squad. We asked, read, and listened to others who were higher geared/rank and suceeded. Yes, there were ppl who would camp the lower quests, but I found normally if we qq'd in wc, someone from the guild that held that area of the map would come and run them off or if you didnt qq but spoke with them (i.e. Thanks for the nap, etc) normally they would wind up helping you complete your quest. And so we survived and learned the game from the beginning. It took me around 5 years to get my R9 gear and prior to the merge was beginning to push for the shards and refines, I needed to really excel on my main.

2. As each expansion was rolled out, for the majority of the changes, I was excited to play PWI even tried to get other friends to join. With the introduction of the Earthguard and SB/DB I found my interest growing again. BUT with the last few expansions, I have found less and less interest in the game. Why?
    a. The merge with Sanctuary - No, I was not a PK'er but would fight to protect a guildie, or if attacked. Two of the original squad had left LC for Sanc because of the PK as they wanted PVE only, but I was not interested in starting over. Our guild had a good rep and normally our lowbies were not touched by pk'ers, but again if needed, we did have enforcers to help them. When we were merged to Sanc, I found it was harder to complete quests because, of ppl stealing mobs, not working together to complete the quest, etc. Many times I wished that both of us were white named so I could PK them. Also, by coming into Sanc's economy where the prices and costs were so much higher, it has made it so much harder to work at bettering my gear with shards/refines or even pay for the repairs to my gears. Which brings me to the next problem.
    b. DQ points and autocultivation - I was so excited about the autocultivation and what it would mean by giving me a chance to pay for items/repairs needed. But of course that changed too... Now the only thing i use autoculti for is for guild base quests or mobs that I dont have to worry about them doing damage to me. So I guess that autoculti is something that is not needed LOL, but still here. If I was a brand new player, and didnt cash shop, there wouldn't be any way that I could get to R9 in 5 years.
    c. Nation Wars - I used to love going as it would allow me to test my gear and see how I was able to survive against others without having to actively PK others, or join in the PK fests at Silver Pool, W. Arch, or Snowy Village. BUT I have decided not to participate because of the futility of ever being in a winning nation among other reasons. No, I'm not complaining like others about the commander, guilds who hate each other, etc. But about the discrepancy between the number of players from 2 out of the 4 servers have to go against and the times. I have gone to each NW til this last weekend, when I decided that the benefits (able to get SOW/RAPS/UNCANNY) have not gone far enough to pay for repairs. Plus then you add in the idea of the 2 smallest servers (looking at the #'s attending NW) continuously being sandwiched between the 2 larger servers and the futility of going into an area with 10 ppl and being out numbered sometimes as much as 3-1 and the times for me which are 1PM on Saturday and Sunday which I use for errands/shopping/family times.
    d. Higher level dungeons - OMG is all I can say. I dont understand the reason we have pushed for the higher levels, and completely forgotten the lowbies. (Oh, I forgot, the lowbies have fewer quests to level, pill babies, and Quicksand Maze, if they can find someone to help them). I know that once ppl get to higher levels they get bored, but now you have Heaven and Hell (lv 90's?), Morai (LV95), Primal (lv 100) with their respective dungeons. To name a few dungeons that I do not enjoy doing and kinda refuse to go into are: (AEU, FS(both type), UCH, and now Heavensfall (repairs costs to high)). So I contend with the next subject.
    e. Dailies - Check in(attendance) Thank you for making it automatic, Crazy Stone, Faction Base Quests, 3 in Morai, BH's (unless it is one of the dungeons listed above), and 8 in Primal. Thank you for the action stones, although you have to buy them. If you are working on more than 2 toons then you have spent all evening (at least 4 hours completing all of the quests, with no time to help others, if needed). So lately all I have been doing is signing in and doing the check in and go back to other things (not games) that I am involved in.
    f. World Chat - LOL you mean the qq, sales, ppl insulting each other

3. Phew, now that I got all my complaints out, let me give PWI the kudos, they deserve and my suggestions to help maybe?
    a. The merge of servers - good idea, but I think giving ppl a chance to change servers if they wished with their toons would have been better. LC had a low payer base, and you pretty much knew every1. I have enjoyed meeting new ppl, but the # of guilds is staggering and growing daily with no end in sight.
    b. I like the idea of cross-server NW but wish it could be evened out somehow, so there might be a chance for the 2 smaller servers to come in first or second. I dont know how, except to do like in the Temple of Blood, and put a cap on # of players allowed. Also, it would be nice to be able to squad up on our server before entering into NW.
    c. Suggestion on the BH's - Bh's are level oriented, but possibly look at orienting them at lvs 100, 101, etc... dont force ppl to go into instances they dont want to.
    d. With the demise of DQ prices, maybe having some events in the game not only in the forums like there used to be to earn coins and rep?

Overall, I still think PWI is still a great game. I love the graphics, classes, fashions, and visuals. I love the new area in primal. Heck I've even thought about starting a new toon just to play something different. I've played a veno, cleric, mystic, sin (ugh), archer, seeker, psychic, wizzie, bm, and stormbringer but even though the costs are high (and traded gear around) cant decide if I really want to. I also like the GM's showing up on the different servers( maybe they can do some of the events, they used to host?) Domino, I like your live shows wish they were better advertised. ;)

Edited so it's not so much of a freaking wall.​​
    Post edited by phoeny1 on
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    chary said:

You can drop as blue name to mobs as well, iirc. They don't discriminate.​​

No, I can't. Tested it many times on few PvE servers. Open link below and read yourself.
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Dying#Item_Loss

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    chary wrote: »
    You can drop as blue name to mobs as well, iirc. They don't discriminate.

That was a bug we had a couple of years ago. They fixed it.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I tried to edit this to make it less of a massive wall that no one will read in your post, but HTML sucks on Vanilla. Here's a version that's more legible.
    phoeny1 wrote: »
    As a prior LC player who started right after beta was finished, I have to start this post off with how boring the game has gotten for me. Let me explain, why.

1. Yes, LC was a PVP server, and being a noob to MMO's I had no idea what that meant. But a group of 6 of us joined the game together. We coordinated our toons so we had 1 person playing each class so that we could run as a squad. We asked, read, and listened to others who were higher geared/rank and succeeded. Yes, there were people who would camp the lower quests, but I found normally if we qq'd in wc, someone from the guild that held that area of the map would come and run them off or if you didn't qq but spoke with them (i.e. Thanks for the nap, etc) normally they would wind up helping you complete your quest. And so we survived and learned the game from the beginning. It took me around 5 years to get my R9 gear and prior to the merge was beginning to push for the shards and refines, I needed to really excel on my main.

2. As each expansion was rolled out, for the majority of the changes, I was excited to play PWI even tried to get other friends to join. With the introduction of the Earthguard and SB/DB I found my interest growing again. BUT with the last few expansions, I have found less and less interest in the game. Why?
    • a. The merge with Sanctuary - No, I was not a PK'er but would fight to protect a guildie, or if attacked. Two of the original squad had left LC for Sanc because of the PK as they wanted PVE only, but I was not interested in starting over. Our guild had a good rep and normally our lowbies were not touched by pk'ers, but again if needed, we did have enforcers to help them. When we were merged to Sanc, I found it was harder to complete quests because, of ppl stealing mobs, not working together to complete the quest, etc. Many times I wished that both of us were white named so I could PK them. Also, coming into Sanc's economy where the prices and costs were so much higher, it has made it so much harder to trying to work at bettering my gear with shards/refines or even pay for the repairs to my gears. Which brings me to the next problem.
    • b. DQ points and auto-cultivation - I was so excited about the auto-cultivation and what it would mean by giving me the means to pay for items/repairs needed. But of course that changed too... Now the only thing i use auto-culti for is for guild base quests or mobs that I don't have to worry about them doing damage to me. So I guess that auto-culti is something that is not needed LOL, but still here. If I was a brand new player, and didn't cash shop, there wouldn't be any way that I could get to R9 in 5 years.
    • c. Nation Wars - I used to love going as it would allow me to test my gear and see how I was able to survive against others without having to actively PK others, or join in the PK fests at Silver Pool, W. Arch, or Snowy Village. BUT I have decided not to participate because of the futility of ever being in a winning nation among other reasons. No, I'm not complaining like others about the commander, guilds who hate each other, etc. But about the discrepancy of the number of players 2 out of the 4 servers have to go against and the times. I have gone to each NW til this last weekend, when I decided that the benefits (able to get SOW/RAPS/UNCANNY) have not gone far enough to pay for repairs. Plus then you add in the idea of the 2 smallest servers (looking at the #'s attending NW) continuously being sandwiched between the 2 larger servers and the futility of going into an area with 10 ppl and being out numbered sometimes as much as 3-1 and the times for me which are 1PM on Saturday and Sunday which I use for errands/shopping/family times.
    • d. Higher level dungeons - OMG is all I can say. I dont understand the reason we have pushed for the higher levels, and completely forgotten the lowbies. (Oh, I forgot, the lowbies have fewer quests to level, pill babies, and Quicksand Maze, if they can find someone to help them). I know that once ppl get to higher levels they get bored, but now you have Heaven and Hell (lv 90's?), Morai (LV95), Primal (lv 100) with their respective dungeons. To name a few dungeons that I do not enjoy doing and kinda refuse to go into are: (AEU, FS(both type), UCH, and now Heavensfall (repairs costs to high)). So I contend with the next subject.
    • e. Dailies - Check in(attendance) Thank you for making it automatic, Crazy Stone, Faction Base Quests, 3 in Morai, BH's (unless it is one of the dungeons listed above), and 8 in Primal. Thank you for the action stones, although you have to buy them. If you are working on more than 2 toons then you have spent all evening (at least 4 hours completing all of the quests, with no time to help others, if needed). So lately all I have been doing is signing in and doing the check in and go back to other things (not games) that I am involved in.
    • f. World Chat - LOL you mean the qq, sales, ppl insulting each other

3. Phew, now that I got all my complaints out, let me give PWI the kudos, they deserve and my suggestions to help maybe?
    • a. The merge of servers - good idea, but I think giving ppl a chance to change servers if they wished with their toons would have been better. LC had a low payer base, and you pretty much knew every1. I have enjoyed meeting new ppl, but the # of guilds is staggering.
    • b. I like the idea of cross-server NW but wish it could be evened out somehow, so there might be a chance for the 2 smaller servers to come in first or second. I don't know how, except to do like in the Temple of Blood, and put a cap on # of players allowed. Also, it would be nice to be able to squad up on our server before entering into NW.
    • c. Suggestion on the BH's - Bh's are level oriented, but possibly look at orienting them at lvs 100, 101, etc... dont force ppl to go into instances they don't want to.
    • d. With the demise of DQ prices, maybe some events like there used to be to earn coins? More events in game not only in the forums.

Overall, I still think PWI is still a great game. I love the graphics, classes, fashions, and visuals. I love the new area in primal. Heck I've even thought about starting a new toon just to play something different. I've played a veno, cleric, mystic, sin (ugh), archer, seeker, psychic, wizzie, bm, and stormbringer but even though the costs are high, (and traded gear around), I can't decide if I really want to. I also like the GM's showing up on the different servers (maybe they can do some of the events they used to host?) Domino, I like your live shows wish they were better advertised. ;)

Maybe now someone might take the time to actually read what you're saying. Also apostrophes, use them.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kyonesiver
    kyonesiver Posts: 13 Arc User
    afaria86 said:

Yes, PvE servers is killing the game, which is why PvP servers were the most populated ones...

thats an insult! I'm ssorry you dont liek pve beecause we rather not be forced to endure the most HOSTILE and VIOLENT player iteraction excusse us for wanting to coose what kinds of interactioss we are confertable with. this topic needs ot be cloed if itt isnt allredy!

goign PVP kills games we know that form Area games and heir dramtic player ppluationn loss face it PVPers we PVers outnimber you.

NOW we are ok with you having your events and all but honestly we would rater have a part of the cube were we can OPT OUT of pvp if we so desire why well...

PVP is borderline abusive bahavior not many people choose to recnize it as such but not everyone is cofertable enough with it for it to be ok to jusst make hte whole game PVP. and the people that rather not outnumber you 100-1 maybe more.

I aam ok with you guys getting more pvp events but DO NOT dare even think of tryig to take away my PVE and RUIN my ideal player experince. I don speak alone know this.