Server Merge FAQ

Comments

• jaco13
    jaco13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    Good news everyone!
    Due to increased demand Identity Stones and Faction Rename Stones are now ON SALE!
    Don't forget to thank PWI for fixing the problem.
    ​​

It's like punching someone in the face then selling him an aspirin for the pain lol
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    castgurl wrote: »
    Why should those with factions back on RT with the letters RT at end have to PAY to change it back. It was YOUR fault. YOU fix it.

I agree, this is utter ****. Force change names, then suddenly offer items on sale to fix that forced change. Even worse with the fact that the majority of players more than likely never wanted the merges in the first place.

Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • hotkitty1
    hotkitty1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    now that the sever meger is done some of us are missing our faction logos whats going to be done to get them bk to the factions that loss them ?
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    I have a question....NOW that we have merged, where the heck is my wizzy! She was lvl 101 and a toon I played on Dreamweaver and she is GONE but you put my barb lvl 5 that I DO NOT play from RT in her place?! I want my wizzy back!
  • klystron
    klystron Posts: 31 Arc User
    i am deffinitley pissed off with having HL post fix on half of my chars. Give us FREE identity stones to all chars with a post fix. This merge is for PWI's benefit not the players so we should be compensated for the inconveniace it has caused.
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    I have a question....NOW that we have merged, where the heck is my wizzy! She was lvl 101 and a toon I played on Dreamweaver and she is GONE but you put my barb lvl 5 that I DO NOT play from RT in her place?! I want my wizzy back!

The character order has been changed, on the left there are 2 see-through arrows that are meant to scroll through all the characters you have from both servers, just push on the 'down' arrow and your characters should appear.
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • justdax
    justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
    all-in-all it appears the mergers went quite well -- looks like pwe didn't majorly **** this one up and I'm thankful for that. now let's just hope the players can start getting along lol
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    justdax wrote: »
    all-in-all it appears the mergers went quite well -- looks like pwe didn't majorly **** this one up and I'm thankful for that. now let's just hope the players can start getting along lol
    Nuuu, we are supposed to fight for dominance tiger-2.gif

And now out of curiosity: I tried to made a character with my name before merge on Sanctuary, but couldn't because name was taken. But I didn't get suffix after merging. Does it mean they really made it dependant on character creation date? Same happened with my friend, so I don't really think, someone created and deleted chars with our names right before merging.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    shade13 wrote: »
    justdax wrote: »
    Nuuu, we are supposed to fight for dominance tiger-2.gif

And now out of curiosity: I tried to made a character with my name before merge on Sanctuary, but couldn't because name was taken. But I didn't get suffix after merging. Does it mean they really made it dependant on character creation date? Same happened with my friend, so I don't really think, someone created and deleted chars with our names right before merging.

That doesn't seem to be the case since the char I made on Morai with my name definitely came after my HL char and my HL char was the one that ended up with the suffix. p;​​
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Good to see so many new people, the ping is understandably high - about ~300 now whilst I had ~75 for East servers

Event times and TW times really need changing if not the game is going to be way less fun
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    chary wrote: »
    That doesn't seem to be the case since the char I made on Morai with my name definitely came after my HL char and my HL char was the one that ended up with the suffix. p;
    Yeah, I didn't think that Sanctuary doesn't get suffixes at all. Then don't know what to think, but glad it turned out like that with name at least.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    mosz wrote: »
    screen
    mazza69 wrote: »
    all of my characters are gone. an theres no arrows.

all? which server are you choosing and which did you play on before?
    foley3k wrote: »
    My ping has quadrupled. I used to sit around 89ish ms ping. I am not at just under 400ms ping. Thanks for ruining another aspect of the game PWE. I am not the only one experiencing a huge increase in ping.

well did your server switch to a different continent, that might be part of the reason, although it shouldnt be as high as 400
    No it shouldn't
    A picture speaks a thousand words...

2015-08-05%2006-27-33.png~original
    2015-08-05%2006-27-43.png~original
    2015-08-05%2006-27-49.png~original

Looks like the ping isn't really as bad as they are making out.
    Or maybe it's something with their route to the server.

(BTW, just for reference, I'm in the Great Lakes area)​​

Mine shows about the same ping as yours for EU at the server selection screen. Mine jumps to 400+ once i'm actually ingame though.
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    HAHA I knew PW would f up somehow, no faction logo for LC server, no 2x stach space. and more to come I bet
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    this is ****, i demand free identity stone
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • swordmaster757
    swordmaster757 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Deleting this post, as I found the issue.

If anyone was having the same trouble as I was...finding your other toons....

Click the arrows in the middle of the left hand side of the screen. It's vague and hard to see against the background...but it is there. That fixed it for me anyways.
    ~SerenityCNB~

May you all live long and prosper.

• chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    Please tell me you are going to fix the missing faction logos. I really liked mine and I'm not sure I can find it again to re-submit.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    overall i have my gear, name, fac, and hubby so im impressed. Nice job pwi.

Now if you can sort out the misunderstanding about stash stones well be gravy.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Good news everyone!
    Due to increased demand Identity Stones and Faction Rename Stones are now ON SALE!
    ​​

Obvious money grab is obvious. This is callous.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    has there been any response about the Acc Stash stone oopsie?
  • fairyshaeth
    fairyshaeth Posts: 13 Arc User

I submitted a ticket and got a reply saying "We appreciate your patience as we worked to resolve this issue" and "The account stash will be doubled in size if you had an account stash opened on both servers" which of course I did, and it was, until I removed some of the items.

For now I guess I am to assume they are working on it and will fix it, as they acknowledge that it is supposed to be a double size Account Stash (they C/P the FAQ point that said that it would be double).

Time will tell...
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    reaperarm1 wrote: »
    mosz wrote: »
    screen
    mazza69 wrote: »
    all of my characters are gone. an theres no arrows.

all? which server are you choosing and which did you play on before?
    foley3k wrote: »
    My ping has quadrupled. I used to sit around 89ish ms ping. I am not at just under 400ms ping. Thanks for ruining another aspect of the game PWE. I am not the only one experiencing a huge increase in ping.

well did your server switch to a different continent, that might be part of the reason, although it shouldnt be as high as 400
    No it shouldn't
    A picture speaks a thousand words...

~snip~

Looks like the ping isn't really as bad as they are making out.
    Or maybe it's something with their route to the server.

(BTW, just for reference, I'm in the Great Lakes area)

Mine shows about the same ping as yours for EU at the server selection screen. Mine jumps to 400+ once i'm actually ingame though.
    In-game is round-trip where the selection screen is one way. I don't go much above 250 in-game though. You might want to reset your modem and flush your DNS cache.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User

I submitted a ticket and got a reply saying "We appreciate your patience as we worked to resolve this issue" and "The account stash will be doubled in size if you had an account stash opened on both servers" which of course I did, and it was, until I removed some of the items.

For now I guess I am to assume they are working on it and will fix it, as they acknowledge that it is supposed to be a double size Account Stash (they C/P the FAQ point that said that it would be double).

Time will tell...

The double account stash size was never meant to be permanent. Just temporary so you wouldn't lose items during the merge if your stash was full. So once you removed items it reverted back to what it is supposed to be. It's not a glitch and it won't be fixed. Some people keep an item on the 4th line in the stash just to keep it double size. That is an exploit.
  • jamesburr36
    chchchchia wrote: »
    Please tell me you are going to fix the missing faction logos. I really liked mine and I'm not sure I can find it again to re-submit.​​

Stay tuned. soon we will have a new boutique item on sale for $60 to restore our faction logos.
  • jamesburr36
    klystron wrote: »
    i am deffinitley pissed off with having HL post fix on half of my chars. Give us FREE identity stones to all chars with a post fix. This merge is for PWI's benefit not the players so we should be compensated for the inconveniace it has caused.

Your compensation is that you still have your characters. Else they would have been vaporized with unique name collisions in the name database.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Time will tell...

The double account stash size was never meant to be permanent. Just temporary so you wouldn't lose items during the merge if your stash was full. So once you removed items it reverted back to what it is supposed to be. It's not a glitch and it won't be fixed. Some people keep an item on the 4th line in the stash just to keep it double size. That is an exploit.
    The FAQ doesnt say anything about the stash being glitched or temporary. We were supposed to get a double sized stashed.
    enelimm wrote: »
    Server Merge FAQ

I've unlocked the account stash on both servers; what will happen to it?

Both account stashes will be merged into a single, double-sized account stash.
    ​​
  • Deceptistar
    Deceptistar Posts: 62 Arc User
    Good news everyone!

Maybe they just merged in the more cash shopping servers tiger-2.gif Im sure former LC can afford a stone or two, or three, or four

​​
    lagunal8.deviantart.com I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... D:
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • jamesburr36

Time will tell...

The FAQ doesnt say anything about the stash being glitched or temporary. We were supposed to get a double sized stashed.
    Server Merge FAQ

​​

It's working the exact same way it did when the 2 EU servers merged. Why all the surprise now?
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User

Time will tell...

Server Merge FAQ

It's working the exact same way it did when the 2 EU servers merged. Why all the surprise now?

For the vast majority of players this was their first merger. Not only that but this merger had a lot of differences compared to the EU one so there wasn't reason to believe it would go the same. People can only go by what the GMs promised us.
    ​​
This discussion has been closed.