edited April 2015
    Options

The belt and neck has sockets.

Oh boy.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I was wondering why they added a new type of socket stone.

1 socket = 3 stone + 1.8m fee
    2 socket = 15 stone + 9m fee
    3 socket = 36 stone + 21.6m fee
    4 socket = 75 stone + 45m fee

You need to use ornament specific gems though, these are the ones they added though the highest grade ones are not available yet:

pdef +60
    pdef +80
    pdef +100
    pdef +130
    pdef +160

mres +60
    mres +80
    mres +100
    mres +130
    mres +160

vit +6
    vit +8
    vit +10
    vit +13
    vit +16

Spirit +12
    Spirit +16
    Spirit +20
    Spirit +25
    Spirit +32

AttLev +1
    AttLev +2

DefLev +1
    DefLev +2
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is chinese r9. It has been known about for a very long time. Their belt is also refineable. The chances of them implementing that here are very low since we already have our own version, and frankly, if they did they would be begging to lose a ton of customers.

I believe this version of gear started the r10 rumours years ago. Still your beating hearts friends. This is not the end. Yet.

damage = (1000 + attacker spirit) / (1000 + target spirit)

If you give both the attacker and target an extra 400 spirit then the difference in spirit between them gets a little less significant. This patch will decrease the relative importance of war avatar spirit by about 20 percent at max vitae/nuema.
    This is a great point i didnt think of. Thank you. Also a worthy investment for new toons in light of that.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So out of curiosity, which is better defensively assuming you're pretty much maxed: +2 def level or +32 spirit.

And also where do we get the shards for this? Moar pack items?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • eirghan
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So out of curiosity, which is better defensively assuming you're pretty much maxed: +2 def level or +32 spirit.

And also where do we get the shards for this? Moar pack items?

If we know that 1 defense level = 1% less damage taken

and

In PVP roughly 10 spirit is 1% more damage and 1% less damage taken

then 32 spirit / 10 = "roughly" 3.2 defense (and attack) levels

So spirit is better.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Spirit
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    If we know that 1 defense level = 1% less damage taken

and

In PVP roughly 10 spirit is 1% more damage and 1% less damage taken

then 32 spirit / 10 = "roughly" 3.2 defense (and attack) levels

So spirit is better.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Spirit
    Those rough estimates only really apply against 0 def level / 0 spirit opponents.
    When people already have 1000 spirit each 10 spirit is only 0.5% damage taken + attack.
    Each def lev when attacker has 140 attack lev and you have 100 def lev is around 0.7% less damage taken or 0.6% less damage taken when you only have 60 def lev.

I'd still go with spirit since it gives better attack and roughly equal or better defense. Def lev works in pve though if that's important.

Also I'm wondering if my PWCN server listing is out of date... I haven't been able to connect at all to the pwcn test server but these russians and pinoy are getting in-game screenshots. Are they using private servers maybe?

This server info is still current right?

体验
    天麟(电信) 29000-29002:183.136.229.37:1 140
    天麟(网通) 29003-29005:101.68.213.68:2 140
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • _Lisanna_ - Morai
    _Lisanna_ - Morai Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • eirghan
    edited April 2015
    Options

b:dirty Love the new fashion.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://rustrust.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-531.html&prev=search

Google translate quick link. Thanks for the further info on the astrolabe. Strengthening items.... HMMM. Wonder if cash shop only?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    Options
    They have the values for the new passives.

5 levels of HP passive @ 5% hp per level = 25% more HP at Sky4 X
    5 levels of charm cooldown passive @ 1s per level = 15s target charm cooldown at Sky4 IX

How is everyone else able to log in to the damn test server b:angry
    I can see all the other servers fine but the test server looks down.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options

5 levels of charm cooldown passive @ 1s per level = 15s target charm cooldown at Sky4 IX

I can see all the other servers fine but the test server looks down.

How are you suppose to kill an endgame barb if they have 25% more HP and lower charm CD?b:surrender

This game is going nuts.b:laughb:laugh
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How are you suppose to kill an endgame barb if they have 25% more HP and lower charm CD?b:surrender

This game is going nuts.b:laughb:laugh

No, your enemies will have a longer charm CD. It will actually make it even easier killing people...but I am unsure as to if that really is a passive skill and not an offensive skill...weired.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    There isn't a passive that decreases charm cooldown (that was a misunderstanding early in the thread), there's a passive that increases charm cooldown of your target when you hit them.
    ・九骨寒燭:プレーヤーがターゲットを攻撃時,ターゲットの護符のクール時間を増加
    <9 bone cold lamp>: when a player hits his target, the target's charm cooldown is increased

Image of skill with Japanese translation of skill description
    When a target is hit, the <winter eclipse> effect is bestowed, and the target's charm cooldown time is extended by 1 second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I hope the cooldown skill stacks on a target. Can put a barbs charm on 3 hour cd. Moar funner tw.
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options

Via PC... maybe... Ast ?

Fly/mount animation, if anyone still didn't see.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w031-ZOITNs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e73KUx2iWqs

With astrolabe sins get lowest bonus for phys. attack (NOT non-caster ranged DDs b:thanks ).
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm going through the quests. The current primal dailies are having their vitae buffed by 100 (250->350 and 400->500).
    I think when everything is unlocked there will be 2 more dailies that give 500 each but it's hard to tell.

As for the new blood you can get 1 a day from a daily and there are 17 more from story quests, I don't see any recipes to make them so this is probably all you're going to get.
    Since you need 130 to max the new passives it will take 113 days to farm it all. A little over 3 months of dailies.

EDIT: Vitae should take a little less than 3 months of dailies + story quests to max out.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm going through the quests. The current primal dailies are having their vitae buffed by 100 (250->350 and 400->500).
    I think when everything is unlocked there will be 2 more dailies that give 500 each but it's hard to tell.

As for the new blood you can get 1 a day from a daily and there are 17 more from story quests, I don't see any recipes to make them so this is probably all you're going to get.
    Since you need 130 to max the new passives it will take 113 days to farm it all. A little over 3 months of dailies.

yay more dailys yeeey... b:cry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options

EDIT: Vitae should take a little less than 3 months of dailies + story quests to max out.

Eww..
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Merkrue - Raging Tide
    Merkrue - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yay, more character progression. Could this game be any less alt friendly? I don't think so.
    Let's see what sort of progression we already have:
    -levels
    -cultivation
    -gear - just the items
    -gear rerolling
    -gear sharding
    -gear refining
    -vacuity and celestial skills
    -professions including runecrafting
    -genies, their levels and lucky points
    -tomes
    -engraving
    -morai, all 3 orders to get all skills because **** you
    -meridian
    -more levels - have fun dinging 105/105/105
    -boundary levels (incoming more)
    -primal skills
    -primal passives
    -war avatar cards
    -war avatar levels
    -more war avatar levels (reawakening) - have fun dropping the same S card three times
    -nuema

Seems like this isn't enough and we need to keep getting more tedious daily torture.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yay, more character progression. Could this game be any less alt friendly? I don't think so.
    -levels
    -cultivation
    -gear - just the items
    -gear rerolling
    -gear sharding
    -gear refining
    -vacuity and celestial skills
    -professions including runecrafting
    -genies, their levels and lucky points
    -tomes
    -engraving
    -morai, all 3 orders to get all skills because **** you
    -meridian
    -more levels - have fun dinging 105/105/105
    -boundary levels (incoming more)
    -primal skills
    -primal passives
    -war avatar cards
    -war avatar levels
    -more war avatar levels (reawakening) - have fun dropping the same S card three times
    -nuema

Seems like this isn't enough and we need to keep getting more tedious daily torture.

Why not? I already have 1 char that is maxed out and by the time the new update arrives my Storm will most likely be maxed out as well. I appriciate this.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You forgot titles b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • shayzem
    shayzem Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    when can we expect this update on our version? would it be same as chinas?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    shayzem wrote: »
    when can we expect this update on our version? would it be same as chinas?

No. We're typically behind China by a minimum of 3 months.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I checked to see if they implemented a fix for the Super Inventory Stone issue and they actually did. If you've already expanded your inventory to 64 slots with the super inventory stone another super inventory stone will expand it to 80 (2 super inventory stones total).

I expected them to use normal stones for the added rows but looks like they won't be needed. At least the super inventory stones that are already in circulation will still be usable.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I checked to see if they implemented a fix for the Super Inventory Stone issue and they actually did. If you've already expanded your inventory to 64 slots with the super inventory stone another super inventory stone will expand it to 80 (2 super inventory stones total).

I expected them to use normal stones for the added rows but looks like they won't be needed. At least the super inventory stones that are already in circulation will still be usable.

well as stated before the original problem was the completion of the "largest inventory" quest, so i would imagine they either added a cloned quest or cleared everyone's quest log of that completed quest.

the only problem i have with that is, that solution seems to be double charging any player who used one already. that being said the only way to deal with THAT problem is either going to be a bunch of tickets, or some sort of SQL to pull all the characters with 64 slots and mail them out a stone(bound) or autocomplete the quest again. not sure how the database for characters is set up but if they say they cant do something like that, then they are going to have a riot on their hands.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    Options
    well as stated before the original problem was the completion of the "largest inventory" quest, so i would imagine they either added a cloned quest or cleared everyone's quest log of that completed quest.

the only problem i have with that is, that solution seems to be double charging any player who used one already. that being said the only way to deal with THAT problem is either going to be a bunch of tickets, or some sort of SQL to pull all the characters with 64 slots and mail them out a stone(bound) or autocomplete the quest again. not sure how the database for characters is set up but if they say they cant do something like that, then they are going to have a riot on their hands.
    Well with the normal inventory stones it take 4 to reach 64 slots. 2 more to read 72 and 3 more for the last row for 80. So 9 total. With the Super Stone it's 2 to reach 80 so each stone is worth 4.5 of the normal stones on average where before it was worth only 4. Rather than getting half as valuable their value actually increased.

The cause of this mess is that they have primitive system of quest requirements. Rather than say as a requirement "this quest OR that quest" or as a requirement "you must have 64 inventory slots", you can only specify 1 quest. Really though this should not have been implemented as a quest at all. You don't use a quest interface when doing other tasks like refining gear or imbuing shards. No reason to use quests just to expand inventory.

I really hate how reliant PWI is on quests for non-quest things like opening packs or teleporting. Yeah the quest stuff is really versatile but seeing all these quests pop up and the 2 second quest lag everywhere seems so hacky.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    They actually moved away from quests in one instance... converting celestones to mirages. They forgot to include a recipe for making mirages from celestone fragments, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i believe using quests would be far easier..... if the implementation of the game was not so geared to monetizing everything.

for instance, quests themselves should have a higher max given how the new content imposes more and more quests, add to you list of things quests are used for would be the notifications and auto-quests to introduce new features and questlines.

inventory and quest list limits are things that have gotten increasingly hard to do without cash shop items and the ability to enjoy a bit more space is still too limited. it's not like space on a volume is not dirt cheap these days..... they need to scale the minimums to the current state of the game and not make everything that is now essential.... a purchase.
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options

Its not everything u cudve hoped for, but the +% hp is a pretty decent buff to archers
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Its not everything u cudve hoped for, but the +% hp is a pretty decent buff to archers

I don't follow the logic, if everyone gets +25% HP how is this a buff to archers.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't follow the logic, if everyone gets +25% HP how is this a buff to archers.

well generally there's 2 types of damage, u have immediate damage (think wizards) or sustained damage (think archers). Immediate damage generally means to nuke someone, this is usually limited by higher cooldown or a longer set-up, aka downtime. Sustained damage is lower, but doesnt suffer from this downtime basically the longer the battle takes the more the sustained damage dealer will benefit over the immediate damage dealer, this is what people refer to as DPS.

When increasing the hp of everyone the immediate damage dealers will suffer from this, since they have to deal with more downtime, since they are unable to nuke people as they get too tanky. The sustained damage dealers however will benefit from this cuz of what I previously stated about the length of a fight.

Now Im not saying archers will suddenly be good again, the hp increase is very minor and they are still very weak when it comes to DPS, and they get incredibly shafted by psychic buffs, which I doubt is going to change any time soon, but DPS is their bread and butter, and increasing everyones hp benefits those that focus on DPS.

simplified PvE example -> APS sin cant KS wizard on weak 2shot mobs, where a wizard cant KS an APS sin on a boss that takes 20+ hits to take down
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
This discussion has been closed.