NEWS: Illusionary Crystals - 1-95 Leveling Stone

Options

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Eventually. If they're lucky. And with it actually being rougher on them than if they'd been leveling normally.

Skill costs alone are a major use of coin for new folks, as an example. But now, instead of having coin supplemented to them in a way where it feels natural, they have to try and grind out the coin because they've missed Jollies, can't farm decent gear due to lack of -any- gear, can't use handy skills that would make life easier due to lack of cultivation, and basically they're stuck begging for scraps to try and survive IF they're lucky.

It's not a problem for alts. We can all toss coin and gear at our alts and then faceroll as we please. We have it easy that way. People who don't have the privilege of established characters or who don't know any better? This thing is a curse in disguise as a blessing... and the sad thing is it'll likely work for forcing some people to cash just so they can feel adequate while if they weren't handed a free level on a platter and just the level, those same people would wind up having their gear and skills and all that for free and with the ability to actually work towards getting more.

I'm personally hoping it doesn't become a permanent thing. If it does then we'll just be on an overpriced private server at that point which is kinda... meh.

If they're smart they will make Jolly alts and colect money. I did that for my upcoming Stormbringer since I will start on a new server. Being a month till now and already got 80mil coins. Since the stone cannot be used on the new class( and even if it could have been used I would have not used) i will lvl my stormbringer in a slow way. Doing all quest i can do and stuff.
    Probably will take me 1-2 months to hit first 100. In that time I predict I will have over 200mil coins from JOJb:victory
    If they're smart and new players they wont use the stone on their new fresh toons. First they will learn the game mechanics and all the stuff that are needed to learn and then use the stone.
    Sadly you cannot stop them to jump up in the game and use the stone.
    giphy.gif

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It appears some people are perhaps reading too fast, for their ability to process the information they read. Therefore, I am writing THIS very VERY slowly, to help you slow down. (yes, that last part was a joke)

Why would you think skill trainers would disappear? You only get ONE stone per account, which means ALL OTHER ALTS would STILL NEED SKILL TRAINERS!!!

You guys are going way overboard, with the, "I wonders", and, "what if's", get a grip and wait a few days to find out!!

Reread the news article and pay attention to the key words, such as "PER" and "PRIOR" and "FROM (beginning) Date TO (End) Date".

Keep the following KEYWORDS in mind as you REREAD the article.
    Per = singular (as in - ONE)
    Prior = before (as in - NOT during OR after)
    From = start (as in - the beginning date)
    To = towards a destination (as in - the end date)

I do not speak any other language other than English, so I can not speak for any other language or translation. However, in English keywords are very important, in order to COMPREHEND what's being said AND understand the context in which it is being said.

If this sounds condescending or patronizing, I apologize. Unfortunately, many of the questions being posted have been answered, or can easily be surmised by the details provided in the article.

I do agree that it is frustrating, however, the first part of your post about skill npc is actually wrong.
    It has been established already that in order to learn skills now, you won't need an npc, the skill interface gets completely changed and you can learn the skills from it directly, much i the style of PWE's other games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuratsu - Dreamweaver
    Kuratsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I feel like a kid that's been given a rare candy then ,just when I was thinking how to enjoy eating it and eagerly unwrapping it, the person who gave me the candy slaps my hand and I drop the candy.

That's how I now see this item's situation. JUST yesterday I saw the post sparky made and was like, yay, I can use it on my 5 toons to rb2 them, then from 95 sloly lv them back to 100 with morai and quests, and, in case the item becomes 1/acc, I am left with one toon out of 5 ( 2 of them are on the same acc ) to do the full lv-ing of the 2 rb chain... but noo.... they had to edit the post today to " item can't be used on a rb class" well.. gee ty for the treat that I can't use.
    I agree on not being able to use on the new classes since we need to understand them and learn how to play them.. but really.. why not on rb ones ? I do NOT want more toons since I equally gear them, do the same stuff on them, and, I leveled only the classes I liked to play..... so yeah pw just slapped me in the face with this, so much for that treat.

To make a summery of this: At first I was " OMG I <3 you PW; it's the best holiday present ever!" b:dirtyb:kiss then after a few hours I was like " Oh gee they for making me happy for no reason and saying you are giving me a treat I can't use, so I'll just keep it and QQ while looking at it" b:angryb:cry
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Why Is This News Marked As: Star-trek-online News?
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Free cheese = mousetrap
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Free cheese = mousetrap

Trapped mouse=food time for Kitty.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Kuratsu - Dreamweaver
    Kuratsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Free cheese = mousetrap

-squeek squeek-

Good one, makes me remake my candy remark to cheese one XD b:chuckle

hm should be like " I feel like a mouse that's been given free, never before seen in my life ,fresh tasty cheese, and while thoroughly thinking how to enjoy it in the best possible way, I make my way to it. Just before I get to taste it I notice the trap that's been set and... starts crying while looking at an impossible treat XD " b:sadb:cry

There \o/
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Imo this item should only be eligible to accounts with at least one other character that has already reached level 95.

This would prevent newbies from creating a new legion of unskilled players. New accounts would not be able to receive the item as they wouldn't fullfil the above requirement.

Of course, this would be a problem for someone with a full account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This gear u got after opening pack http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29023

And u got Book of Time it gives 80lvl morai gear after each culti u done. 9lvl gives robe. 19lvl gives boots etc. After u done 59lvl culti u would have full set of it. http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/38636

Genie lvled with me and got 75lvl or so.

well thats interesting
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Why Is This News Marked As: Star-trek-online News?

They might of made a mistake when selecting the news tag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • socean#3691
    socean#3691 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Lol time to make a bm
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So, does this item also auto-complete cultivation up to level 95?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So, does this item also auto-complete cultivation up to level 95?

And take away the mandatory cultivation death? b:shutup No way!
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Imo this item should only be eligible to accounts with at least one other character that has already reached level 95.

This would prevent newbies from creating a new legion of unskilled players. New accounts would not be able to receive the item as they wouldn't fullfil the above requirement.

Of course, this would be a problem for someone with a full account.

What "newbies"?

I feel quite confident in saying 75% or more of the new toons that will be created are by players who have been here for years, and have several high level toons. What possible stretch makes you think there are a statistically significant number of "newbies"?

Anyone with a lick of sense is *not* gonna just join a game that's been running for this long when there are 100 prettier games that are *newer* to try?

This is not 2009-2010 anymore. The vast majority who play this game right now have been playing for the past 2 years or more. *No one new is coming*.

\yea, they sign up for PWI when they get their new AOL discs in the mail
    \\most of the new toons will be by players who either have one of each, or have seen that class played in squads for 2-3 years and know how they work
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What "newbies"?

The ones I see in my guild everyday. No, they are not many and certainly fit the numbers you provided, but they exist and the chance for even more endgame bad players is real.

Also, I may have exaggerated a bit when I said "legion". b:chuckle

No one new is coming? I'd say not many are, but some. How long they'll last in here is another issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What "newbies"?

I feel quite confident in saying 75% or more of the new toons that will be created are by players who have been here for years, and have several high level toons. What possible stretch makes you think there are a statistically significant number of "newbies"?

Anyone with a lick of sense is *not* gonna just join a game that's been running for this long when there are 100 prettier games that are *newer* to try?

This is not 2009-2010 anymore. The vast majority who play this game right now have been playing for the past 2 years or more. *No one new is coming*.

\yea, they sign up for PWI when they get their new AOL discs in the mail
    \\most of the new toons will be by players who either have one of each, or have seen that class played in squads for 2-3 years and know how they work

the botters, the people that has level 80-99 little bots (and multi-accounts) that adds more and more coins everyday from years ago... those are the ones, but hey...this is pwi...developers and gm's wont think before releasing anything so pretty much we are %^*^*(^
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    so we have to log in every single day or just 1 day? .. its confusing as to it does not say if its everyday between 17th and 16th or just between those dates at least like a day or somthing

That would be very unrealistic and unfair to everyone, because a lot of people plan to visit out of state family and other countries and PWI won't be available then.
  • Kurose - Dreamweaver
    Kurose - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That would be very unrealistic and unfair to everyone, because a lot of people plan to visit out of state family and other countries and PWI won't be available then.

They are already unfair: they modified to "Characters who have Re-Awakened will NOT be able to use it"; so, basically, those who do not want new toons and just want to continue to improve their toons are excluded from this giveaway. b:sad
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That's how I now see this item's situation. JUST yesterday I saw the post sparky made and was like, yay, I can use it on my 5 toons to rb2 them, then from 95 sloly lv them back to 100 with morai and quests, and, in case the item becomes 1/acc, I am left with one toon out of 5 ( 2 of them are on the same acc ) to do the full lv-ing of the 2 rb chain... but noo.... they had to edit the post today to " item can't be used on a rb class" well.. gee ty for the treat that I can't use.

Understand what the intent of this item is. Not to help established characters/classes reach endgame, but to allow players to boost a new, fresh toon past the tedious slog of leveling 1-95 for the first time. And having quite a few toons above 95, I can tell you that slog is indeed tedious, especially on classes that can't autocultivate well at low levels (Seeker, wiz, psy, cleric). For players with existing accounts it's an option to try a class you've always wanted to try, but didn't want to waste the time with at low level (in my case I got a wizzie and psy on my accounts which have been pushed to Jolly Alt but can become useful perhaps).

It also allows people to migrate from a dead server to a better one without having to waste too much time in releveling - at 95 you can join a faction and use the morai, base, pv and bh's to get yourself to 100 and first rebirth fast enough.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • meranya
    meranya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It also allows people to migrate from a dead server to a better one without having to waste too much time in releveling
    Think that right there is the closest we will ever get to a 'server transfer'.

On to the stone topic though, for new players (anyone who will rant to me they don't exist better save their breath) I think that stone would be counter productive, with the promised lowbie content overhaul there is plenty of valuable experience to be had in the early stages of a toon that, skipping through, will leave you missing out.

I find this mostly true to Venomancers though, growing together with a pet has a certain appeal. Of course nowadays you can just get to 100 and power level it with Feral Soul Stars, getting the best of it quick, but it's just not the same.

Call me old fashioned. b:surrender
    "There are two things you cannot always reason with in this world - your own mind and the minds of other people. But you can try."
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    They are already unfair: they modified to "Characters who have Re-Awakened will NOT be able to use it"; so, basically, those who do not want new toons and just want to continue to improve their toons are excluded from this giveaway. b:sad

How exactly is it unfair? Even before the edit, the announcement clearly said it was intended for existing players to be able to instant level a new alt to 95.
    Nowhere did it say, here's an exp orb that will let you level current characters beyond 95 or let you reawaken existing level 100's.
    The item works in a specific way with a specific function - to allow instant leveling of alts. It is not unfair to you or excluding you if this is not something you are interested in.
    I don't know how people are turning this into something that is excluding, oppressing, or offending them in some way. In all likelihood it works the way it does because otherwise people would abuse it in the way you are already thinking. If it worked on reawakened ones, you could just buy a few of them and keep clicking for 105/105/105. Obviously that is not the intention. The intention is a boost to new characters/alts.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't see why this could be seen as unfair... obviously this is less interesting to use on a toon who is already level 90 than on a brand new one but well... as a result both will be 95, that's all.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evertide - Lost City
    Evertide - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    pachwenko wrote: »
    How much exp is level 95?

Heres to cash shopping you level 105s now if it gives enough

edit: cant be used on reawakened toons, still your first 105 cash shopped is a big advantage

LOL are yall stupid seriuous? you really think this item is an experience orb? clearly it says it grants your toon lvl 95 meaning what ever lvl you were before this item, be it 1, 5, 23, 42, 77 it will grant you lvl 95.... no further....
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    <snip>

No one new is coming? I'd say not many are, but some. How long they'll last in here is another issue.

Unless the economy changes, they won't remain for very long. Long enough to use the free stone but not long enough to buy one when it hits the cash shop. I really doubt anyone new would even buy it from the cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sometimes i worry about people... The idea is to change with the game as in life. A lot of people cant seam to be able to change their way this is something really that will come down to that a lot like FF.

This should be intresting either way...
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Has there been any official response on how the item will be given out? Which character on the account will receive it?
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The news post I can see on Arc (I assume it's on the website as well) says it'll be sent to your mailbox. I imagine it'll be trade-locked, but can be put in the Account Stash :|a I imagine it'll go to whichever character you made first in your list of current toons.
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So, PWI are bring new classes for us to play, yet they won't allow the stone to be used on the new classes.

WELL DONE PWI, that is the most dumbest thing i have heard in a while from you lot

We ALL know that alot of people want to lvl up the new classes asap so why would we want to have a stone to lvl up a class that we would most probably not play now the new class is coming out?

Why not just allow the stone to be used on ALL classes instead of discriminating against the new class?

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So, PWI are bring new classes for us to play, yet they won't allow the stone to be used on the new classes.

WELL DONE PWI, that is the most dumbest thing i have heard in a while from you lot

We ALL know that alot of people want to lvl up the new classes asap so why would we want to have a stone to lvl up a class that we would most probably not play now the new class is coming out?

Why not just allow the stone to be used on ALL classes instead of discriminating against the new class?

I'm betting this a temporary thing. Give it a few months for the novelty of the new race to wear off and the restriction will be lifted.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

I know I said power leveling has nothing to do with learning your class but With this new class( Stormbringer for me) I will lvl it old fashion way( Questing) And try to learn even more of its potential and such. And I heard there are new quests so gonna try them out.
    Despise me all you want but sometimes I like questing. Even repeating them once in a while.
    giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.