NEWS: Illusionary Crystals - 1-95 Leveling Stone

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I remember when people were laughing and sarcasticly asking PWE when they'd stick an "instant level up" stone in the boutique so it can be completely P2W and people wouldn't ever have to do more than swipe the credit card to win the game.

Sad to see that they've chosen to take this road now. It'd be bad but not too horrible if it were a temporary item only available during that set time and only for veteran accounts... but as what's going to be a permanent cash shop item? May as well just send us all to private servers where at least it'd be free.

Wellp! Time to make some more characters and when it happens I'll get to see if it's account based or character based. Good thing I have enough accounts that I can test that without really losing anything. Also, thanks for the influx of high level people with no skills, gear, coin, or clue what they're doing! Because clearly that's what we needed more of. Clearly.

I never cared about people that didnt had a clue what they're doing.
    They didnt afect my game play. No matter if we talk about sins that only knows auto attacks, clerics that dont know who and how to heal. barbs that can't keep aggro from a sin weaker then them( me)and so on.

And these people that will pover lvl from 1 to 95 will eventually have to learn their skills, get their gears and so on.

some people will never know how to play their class even if they will lvl from 1 to 100 questing and taking time to try learn their toons
    some people will learn how to play their toons in 1 day or les
    giphy.gif

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    some people will never know how to play their class even if they will lvl from 1 to 100 questing and taking time to try learn their toons
    some people will learn how to play their toons in 1 day or les
    This is the truth. People could buy lvl95, power to 100, buy rank9 and actually take the time to learn the class they've chosen....if they want to. You can also grind to 100 and not know a thing about it.
    I don't know why people blame speed leveling for people not knowing their classes. Its up to the player. If they care enough to want to know, they will. If they don't, no amount of grindy slow leveling is going to force them to.
    The reverse of both is also true.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I sense someone didn't understand what I meant at the end there b:laugh

When I said no skills, I meant that literally. From what the screenshot of the item on CN shows, your cultivation doesn't change. You just get bumped up to level 95 with literally no skills, no cultivation, no gear, no coin.

... and if any new players come in during this period (which they very well might) then they'll also have no idea what they're doing... while being a higher level player that missed the current low level benefits and has to try and work extra hard to catch up to what they'd have had if they hadn't been given an instant high level.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Welfare - Sanctuary
    Welfare - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This makes me also wonder if we get the chest rewards for auto-levelling from 1-95. I'd hate to miss the free teleport stones and world map.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I sense someone didn't understand what I meant at the end there b:laugh

When I said no skills, I meant that literally. From what the screenshot of the item on CN shows, your cultivation doesn't change. You just get bumped up to level 95 with literally no skills, no cultivation, no gear, no coin.

... and if any new players come in during this period (which they very well might) then they'll also have no idea what they're doing... while being a higher level player that missed the current low level benefits and has to try and work extra hard to catch up to what they'd have had if they hadn't been given an instant high level.

Yes true but eventually they will have to do their cultivation and learn their skills. They will have no other option.b:chuckle
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Yes true but eventually they will have to do their cultivation and learn their skills. They will have no other option.b:chuckle
    Eventually. If they're lucky. And with it actually being rougher on them than if they'd been leveling normally.

Skill costs alone are a major use of coin for new folks, as an example. But now, instead of having coin supplemented to them in a way where it feels natural, they have to try and grind out the coin because they've missed Jollies, can't farm decent gear due to lack of -any- gear, can't use handy skills that would make life easier due to lack of cultivation, and basically they're stuck begging for scraps to try and survive IF they're lucky.

It's not a problem for alts. We can all toss coin and gear at our alts and then faceroll as we please. We have it easy that way. People who don't have the privilege of established characters or who don't know any better? This thing is a curse in disguise as a blessing... and the sad thing is it'll likely work for forcing some people to cash just so they can feel adequate while if they weren't handed a free level on a platter and just the level, those same people would wind up having their gear and skills and all that for free and with the ability to actually work towards getting more.

I'm personally hoping it doesn't become a permanent thing. If it does then we'll just be on an overpriced private server at that point which is kinda... meh.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would rather see the crystals over FCC leveling anyways. At least this way, the impatient people will be putting money into keeping the game running in a pretty substantial way after the initial free being done to draw new players in. And they'd need to charge and sell gold to get the coins they'd need to get even basic gear, since the stone skipped everything. Add in the DQ nerf and lowered drop rate of even coins when fighting mobs 6+ lvls lower than you, and it could actually help add gold sales in AH.

So while it is the same problem as FCC, this way at least keeps the game going and is useful to the in game economy. FCC didn't and wasn't.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Eventually. If they're lucky. And with it actually being rougher on them than if they'd been leveling normally.

Skill costs alone are a major use of coin for new folks, as an example. But now, instead of having coin supplemented to them in a way where it feels natural, they have to try and grind out the coin because they've missed Jollies, can't farm decent gear due to lack of -any- gear, can't use handy skills that would make life easier due to lack of cultivation, and basically they're stuck begging for scraps to try and survive IF they're lucky.

It's not a problem for alts. We can all toss coin and gear at our alts and then faceroll as we please. We have it easy that way. People who don't have the privilege of established characters or who don't know any better? This thing is a curse in disguise as a blessing... and the sad thing is it'll likely work for forcing some people to cash just so they can feel adequate while if they weren't handed a free level on a platter and just the level, those same people would wind up having their gear and skills and all that for free and with the ability to actually work towards getting more.

I'm personally hoping it doesn't become a permanent thing. If it does then we'll just be on an overpriced private server at that point which is kinda... meh.
    I don't think its intended for new player use and I like the idea of it for alts. I had thought of them doing something like this a long time ago for veterans. Like when you reach level 100 on an account, then this thing unlocks that you can get for an alt.

I think PWE must realize they dont have a huge influx of new players. I would wager the majority of new characters are veterans players rolling new classes. This is a way for them to try and keep them around, coz forcing your existing playerbase to level each and every alt slowly is a sure way to alienate them since they can't enjoy all aspects of the game without this big tedious hurdle.

In answer to the worries about new players, I wouldnt be against locking this thing until there's a level 100 on the account.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I remember when people were laughing and sarcasticly asking PWE when they'd stick an "instant level up" stone in the boutique so it can be completely P2W and people wouldn't ever have to do more than swipe the credit card to win the game.

Sad to see that they've chosen to take this road now. It'd be bad but not too horrible if it were a temporary item only available during that set time and only for veteran accounts... but as what's going to be a permanent cash shop item? May as well just send us all to private servers where at least it'd be free.

Wellp! Time to make some more characters and when it happens I'll get to see if it's account based or character based. Good thing I have enough accounts that I can test that without really losing anything. Also, thanks for the influx of high level people with no skills, gear, coin, or clue what they're doing! Because clearly that's what we needed more of. Clearly.

Yeap, now I'll a bunch of alts at level 95 for no other reason than "because I can" b:cute
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jaytrain91 wrote: »
    so skill trainers will be removed all together outside of prmal and morai?

It appears some people are perhaps reading too fast, for their ability to process the information they read. Therefore, I am writing THIS very VERY slowly, to help you slow down. (yes, that last part was a joke)

Why would you think skill trainers would disappear? You only get ONE stone per account, which means ALL OTHER ALTS would STILL NEED SKILL TRAINERS!!!

You guys are going way overboard, with the, "I wonders", and, "what if's", get a grip and wait a few days to find out!!

Reread the news article and pay attention to the key words, such as "PER" and "PRIOR" and "FROM (beginning) Date TO (End) Date".

Keep the following KEYWORDS in mind as you REREAD the article.
    Per = singular (as in - ONE)
    Prior = before (as in - NOT during OR after)
    From = start (as in - the beginning date)
    To = towards a destination (as in - the end date)

I do not speak any other language other than English, so I can not speak for any other language or translation. However, in English keywords are very important, in order to COMPREHEND what's being said AND understand the context in which it is being said.

If this sounds condescending or patronizing, I apologize. Unfortunately, many of the questions being posted have been answered, or can easily be surmised by the details provided in the article.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wonder if this has to do with the level limitation imposed on entering Arch we may get.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • diesfast
    diesfast Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Community QQs about hyperbabies.
    Community sells FC exp rooms anyway.
    PWE gets update where Hypers no longer work.
    Community QQs about broken FC.
    Some try to explain FC is now working as intended.
    Community speculates.
    sparkiesoft drops info on new CS item to insta-level 1-95.
    Community realizes PWE wanted their cut of the hyperbaby market and 'fixing' FC seems to make sense now.
    Community facepalms when they figure it out.
    Community CSes the new item anyway.
    Community QQs about it.
    ... to be continued ...
    It appears some people are perhaps reading too fast, for their ability to process the information they read. Therefore, I am writing THIS very VERY slowly, to help you slow down. (yes, that last part was a joke)

Why would you think skill trainers would disappear? You only get ONE stone per account, which means ALL OTHER ALTS would STILL NEED SKILL TRAINERS!!!

You guys are going way overboard, with the, "I wonders", and, "what if's", get a grip and wait a few days to find out!!

Reread the news article and pay attention to the key words, such as "PER" and "PRIOR" and "FROM (beginning) Date TO (End) Date".

I do not speak any other language other than English, so I can not speak for any other language or translation. However, in English keywords are very important, in order to COMPREHEND what's being said AND understand the context in which it is being said.

If this sounds condescending or patronizing, I apologize. Unfortunately, many of the questions being posted have been answered, or can easily be surmised by the details provided in the article.

All of my upvotes for this.
  • pachwenko
    pachwenko Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How much exp is level 95?

Heres to cash shopping you level 105s now if it gives enough

edit: cant be used on reawakened toons, still your first 105 cash shopped is a big advantage
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pachwenko wrote: »
    How much exp is level 95?

Heres to cash shopping you level 105s now if it gives enough

edit: cant be used on reawakened toons, still your first 105 cash shopped is a big advantage

the item most likely will work by setting your characters exp the the amount of exp needed for lvl 95, not granting you that amount of exp. it is subtle but different so using one past the first would be obviously out of the question.

there are no skill trainers in morai though, and primal has one only for primal skills. the idea of skill trainers being removed comes from the item in the expansion information that states we are getting a new cultivation/skill interface for tracking and learning skills...... meaning aside from the forge an mirror in primal all other skills might be leveled through the UI instead of through an NPC.
    Think it will be similar like i got on chinese. http://i054.radikal.ru/1412/37/b232349c8d20.jpg
    95lvl, 40m spirit,no money,no culti. Not sure if it will be also 80lvl gear,flyer and item that give 80lvl gear(same drops in 69/79) after each culti,so after doing all culti u had dat full 80lvl morai set gear.

reading back i saw this image of the item and its effect. i hope it doesnt grant exp that way, i can only imagine how that can go south.

from a money-making standpoint, if i were PWE i would not restrict the item to non-rb and make it set exp = [95th lvl exp] so that it can't be abused and can work on rb toons, making it possible to make 3x the money per toon that cash shoppers (who alrady dont have an army of rb2) would spend.

i seriously dont see the need to complain so much, as a seasoned player i welcome it because grinding lower levels when i just wanna do morai to get gear and skills on an alt is super boring and without FCC very grueling.

people complain about empty servers, well if the remaining players on the servers were all pushed into the same level band, boom...... less QQ cus moar playerz. there are a fair amount of smaller factions with helpful people willing to train up their fellows, even the factions TW pros live in during the week on alts....
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    diesfast wrote: »
    Community QQs about hyperbabies.
    Community sells FC exp rooms anyway.
    PWE gets update where Hypers no longer work.
    Community QQs about broken FC.
    Some try to explain FC is now working as intended.
    Community speculates.
    sparkiesoft drops info on new CS item to insta-level 1-95.
    Community realizes PWE wanted their cut of the hyperbaby market and 'fixing' FC seems to make sense now.
    Community facepalms when they figure it out.
    Community CSes the new item anyway.
    Community QQs about it.
    ... to be continued ...

Those people were so dumb saying that. Well for the reasons they thought anyway..... Hip hip hooray! Maps will be filled once again!
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    New people wouldn't really miss any content since they could rebirth at 100 and do the lowbie things at that point and the quest would actually be worth doing with the rebirth boost.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    New people wouldn't really miss any content since they could rebirth at 100 and do the lowbie things at that point and the quest would actually be worth doing with the rebirth boost.

Hello! Come on now, all that exp that be earned. Imagine doing Goshiki quest chain while reborn!!
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • xnms
    xnms Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I just wanted to bring this to the current page with the hope that more will read it.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Its funny I have been thinking about this very type of boost item for months now, and I like it.

I recently got an archer to 100 and omg what a painful lonely experience. Having said that I have a few lvl 8x chars which I basically gave up on, because the levelling is such garbage. Now with these items I will finally make those last few alts I've always wanted.

The main difference I think will come from all of this, is that linking weapons will become much stricter when forming squads.

I wonder if the rewards from bh 100 will change because this will make it possible for certain people to run, for example bh warsong with their 5 alts tailing them and might put huge amounts of cash into the game.

Imagine how many sage sins will be getting made hahah.

I do wonder though if it was really the right option. I guess it would have been better to make say a 30level boost, because that way people would have to level to 65 first, and really that's pretty easy but would still cause people to have to learn a little bit about their class.

Anyway time will show all the repercussions from this item
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Found old pack that i got few years ago and were giving insta 80lvl. This crystal prolly new version of it. http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29028
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xnms wrote: »
    I just wanted to bring this to the current page with the hope that more will read it.

It's still not entirely true. You won't need skill trainers simply because there are no skill trainers in the game anymore.

If (like it has been shown on the screenshot provided earlier from the cn server) you also get spirit and the culti automatocally done then you simply transfer some million to your twink and you can learn all skills immidiatly, right where you are (you cannot be in a fight meanwhile tho).

In the most part those arn't just assumptions. If CN has it...and it has been announced to come here then we'll get it. It has always b3en like that and I doubt that'll change.

Imho...they should have only provided exp...no gears/spirit/culti...that makes it too easy...

Inb4 a massive influx of buff twink accounts.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anyone as worried as me that this is going to cause a huge surge of autoculti drones? At 95 you get the free Morai gear which is more then sufficient for that...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anyone as worried as me that this is going to cause a huge surge of autoculti drones? At 95 you get the free Morai gear which is more then sufficient for that...

Can pwi remove bots to let players play ?
    Can be quests introduced for players, which want to play ?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014

DQ will be 1 coin ea. Ain't no one gonna be botting those for coin. I'd be more worried about hordes of undergeared fsp alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The free stone is nice and all but still, the longest part about alts or changing classes is getting the morai skills, primal skills+passives, fsp for War Avatars and cultivation chain. When they took out the hypers for FC, we all knew something like this was coming. I can't say it bothers me. Seems a rather good thing to attract new players. However, it feels like the hammer missed the nail by far. I'd rather see something that reduces the need of dailies for newer players to catch up. That is something I actually would pay for. Free level 1-95 ... not really going to get newer players or rerolling players to catch up. I'd rather see they tear down that daily wall, because that's a serious burden when you don't have hours to play daily. Almost as big as server issues for over a month b:laugh
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The only problem for new players us that they gonna start by going from 95 to 100. Then they will have to reborn anyway.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Sudqi - Sanctuary
    Sudqi - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    meh dont know feel not happy with this item XD i dont want make new char hit lvl 100 then rb1 ... bla bla if do that i prefer do it with one new class - yah it will take time to lvl up -

but at least u can learn and know more about new class who know maybe later those will work later with new class heheehb:laughb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*signature made by Xiaimine b:victory
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, this is basically a Rare Candy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Mars?

What kind of gear is this on the screen you provided that comes along with the leveling crystal? Is it morai like gears with slaying/warding levels? I bet it is. Is the genie already leveled? And what are the other items xD?
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Mars?

What kind of gear is this on the screen you provided that comes along with the leveling crystal? Is it morai like gears with slaying/warding levels? I bet it is. Is the genie already leveled? And what are the other items xD?

This gear u got after opening pack http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29023

And u got Book of Time it gives 80lvl morai gear after each culti u done. 9lvl gives robe. 19lvl gives boots etc. After u done 59lvl culti u would have full set of it. http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/38636

Genie lvled with me and got 75lvl or so.
This discussion has been closed.