NEWS: Illusionary Crystals - 1-95 Leveling Stone

Options

Comments

• Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    they are billing this as something for experienced players, although everyone is getting it. I would have to say, on a brand new toon 95 lvls of points is enough to beat lil mobs for basic gear. also 95 is where you first start with morai which grants a free set of gear that is adequate to lvl up with. you can always go through the quest list, since you didnt do any, and backtrack to the talk-to-npc quests that grant free gear. spirit would be a problem, but again it only takes looking through the quest-list for the few quests that give out free spirit. dont new toons also get a dreamchaser pack? either that or you get some lvl-based gear from the lil chest thing ( and radiant shards which you can just meditate for spirit)

This also makes me wonder about the new skill interface, is it still gonna cost coin and spirt to learn skills? or just spirit?
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This also makes me wonder about the new skill interface, is it still gonna cost coin and spirt to learn skills? or just spirit?

oh man!!! more than spirit is coin! newbz gonna have fun trying to find mobs to farm coin on.

this is definitely something that will benefit experienced players more than newbz, but it DOES make getting friends and coworkers to start playing easier (morai is something you can walk them through and they will have gear and lvl relatively solo while waiting for you to teach em fb's and culti an stuff)
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

The new interface still requires coins + spirit.
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    so skill trainers will be removed all together outside of prmal and morai?
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    <snip>I would have to say, on a brand new toon 95 lvls of points is enough to beat lil mobs for basic gear. also 95 is where you first start with morai which grants a free set of gear that is adequate to lvl up with.

Completely forgot about this.

I thought about using some very old accounts to make buffers on. Culti I could do... but did not want to go down that road of actually outfitting them again, incase I needed them to run through an instance to heal / rez / buff me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    this is totally reminiscent of _ _ _ with instant level 90 that is going along with their own expansion.

I would like to know how PWI will determine which character on my account(s) I would like to get to 95 tho. Redeeming through a code would be better IMO.
    Here we go again....
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    this is totally reminiscent of _ _ _ with instant level 90 that is going along with their own expansion.

I would like to know how PWI will determine which character on my account(s) I would like to get to 95 tho. Redeeming through a code would be better IMO.

One stone per account being in game in selected period.

You select, which character you want to level fast ...

But ... if you will level character fast and you have not money to buy skills and equipment, then you are useless in any squad of same level.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So like aside from all the relatively obvious questions... my question is, why is that new post tagged to star-trek online, rather than pwi...

Anyways, since its account related, I can easily see that it will be a code sent to the registered email then there will be a lot of whining about how they don't have access to their emails.

Well either way, item is given for free, but I would actually pay the $60 it is valued at to level some classes, highly assumed it it gives just enough exp for level 95 rather than set amount of exp.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I hope they would at least make it stashable if we cannot pick the wanted character.
    I also hope they will tell us if we can use the item on an awakened character, sadly I have all the magic classes over lvl 100, but my cleric still needs the 2nd awakening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A good idea would be to include dreamchaser pack with the boost
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Think it will be similar like i got on chinese. http://i054.radikal.ru/1412/37/b232349c8d20.jpg
    95lvl, 40m spirit,no money,no culti. Not sure if it will be also 80lvl gear,flyer and item that give 80lvl gear(same drops in 69/79) after each culti,so after doing all culti u had dat full 80lvl morai set gear.
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Think it will be similar like i got on chinese. http://i054.radikal.ru/1412/37/b232349c8d20.jpg
    95lvl, 40m spirit,no money,no culti. Not sure if it will be also 80lvl gear,flyer and item that give 80lvl gear(same drops in 69/79) after each culti,so after doing all culti u had dat full 80lvl morai set gear.

im leveling my character i plan to use it on a little bit to get a head start on skills
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jaytrain91 wrote: »
    A good idea would be to include dreamchaser pack with the boost

Only if it includes level 90-ish gear. maybe a included pack that gives the free Morai gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Is it a fixed amount of exp, so that if you are higher than lvl 1 when using it you get the whole exp from it and you can get higher than lvl 95?
    Also, can you use it while awakened?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Such an amusing gimmick for pw to use.

Hurry up and get to the repetitive parts! Ignore the challenges along the way!

Especially if this isn't for rebirthed characters - many of the fb tab quests are Limited to level ranges. How that actually plays out I don't know.

So what you Don't get (presuming it is only the equivalent of an exp boost):
    -No Spirit
    -No Skills, Combat
    -No Skills, Crafting
    -No Cultivation
    -No Reputation
    -No earned Coin
    -No Gear
    -No Mats
    -No Pets/Mounts/fancy Flyers
    -No intermidiary quest completion

Of course if this is an alt, most of the items and coin can be given to you (Buy an Account Stash!), not to mention there are those starter packs in the Boutique with all sorts of useful goodies! And at least you can purchase craft skills in the boutique, and Wraith Officer Badges there too!

And at 95 you may be working towards your r9 gear so buy the Medals of Glory and what not.

On top of that if you need coin, having little to none then simply put more gold into the Auction House.

Can't see how this is a bad thing from PWE's perspective.

So yeah, I'm the idiot who's been advocating slower leveling. I've been pushing myself the past few months a bit so I could look around Primal World, because it stunk not being able to get there without having started a new character or rebirthing. Still, despite the expansions, for a PvE, end game still sounds kind of repetitive, so I've been enjoying my journey and not looking forward to having this myself.

And sorry for any redundant or wrong interpretations of whats been posted above. I started this post two hours ago, then had to leave before I could come back and finish. And I don't care enough to go trawl through newer messages. Meh.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Ghost_hunter - Raging Tide
    Ghost_hunter - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Especially if this isn't for rebirthed characters - many of the fb tab quests are Limited to level ranges. How that actually plays out I don't know.

-No Spirit
    -No Skills, Combat
    -No Skills, Crafting
    -No Cultivation
    -No Reputation
    -No earned Coin
    -No Gear
    -No Mats

Of course if this is an alt, most of the items and coin can be given to you (Buy an Account Stash!), not to mention there are those starter packs in the Boutique with all sorts of useful goodies! And at least you can purchase craft skills in the boutique, and Wraith Officer Badges there too!

And at 95 you may be working towards your r9 gear so buy the Medals of Glory and what not.

On top of that if you need coin, having little to none then simply put more gold into the Auction House.

So yeah, I'm the idiot who's been advocating slower leveling. I've been pushing myself the past few months a bit so I could look around Primal World, because it stunk not being able to get there without having started a new character or rebirthing. Still, despite the expansions, for a PvE, end game still sounds kind of repetitive, so I've been enjoying my journey and not looking forward to having this myself.

And sorry for any redundant or wrong interpretations of whats been posted above. I started this post two hours ago, then had to leave before I could come back and finish. And I don't care enough to go trawl through newer messages. Meh.
    http://i054.radikal.ru/1412/37/b232349c8d20.jpg
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What i want to know is....is it once per account or per character you log on? Will it be account stashable? Will it give any spirit for leveling up skills? So much that is needed to know here but so little legit information was supplied to us.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

-No Spirit
    -No Skills, Combat
    -No Skills, Crafting
    -No Cultivation
    -No Reputation
    -No earned Coin
    -No Gear
    -No Mats

Judging from the wording of the announcement, the intended usage of this is for people who already have 100+ mains to use on new alts, thereby negating the need to give the character gear, coin or anything else.
    PWE probably realizes tat the majority of new characters being made are not actually new players. A lot of them are new alts by existing players. This is a smart way to keep them here as it allows them to have and work on gearing new characters.
    This is also an optional item. If some new guy uses this, knowing hes not going to have money or gear, then honestly thats his own fault (but he also dropped $60 on it after the freebie time, so he can probably afford gear too)
  • spartn
    spartn Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

-No Spirit
    -No Skills, Combat
    -No Skills, Crafting
    -No Cultivation
    -No Reputation
    -No earned Coin
    -No Gear
    -No Mats

Yos, its just bossting your character to lvl 95. I cant see it boosting you to lvl 95 & skipping the story. I'm pretty sure you'll have to go through all the quests a lvl 1 char would do. only thing is being 95 your gonna do it fasterb:kiss
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

WTF...so it really is PServer style...omfg xDDDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i cant translate whats his cultivation?
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This is a shame. While I agree that leveling is a grind-fest in most older Asian MMOs, it's unfortunate that they have decided to bypass content via levels 1-95. Furthermore, to newer players, they will be at a disadvantage after this special event is over.

This is "cool", but it's also identical to what some private servers typically do.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I remember when people were laughing and sarcasticly asking PWE when they'd stick an "instant level up" stone in the boutique so it can be completely P2W and people wouldn't ever have to do more than swipe the credit card to win the game.

Sad to see that they've chosen to take this road now. It'd be bad but not too horrible if it were a temporary item only available during that set time and only for veteran accounts... but as what's going to be a permanent cash shop item? May as well just send us all to private servers where at least it'd be free.

Wellp! Time to make some more characters and when it happens I'll get to see if it's account based or character based. Good thing I have enough accounts that I can test that without really losing anything. Also, thanks for the influx of high level people with no skills, gear, coin, or clue what they're doing! Because clearly that's what we needed more of. Clearly.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options
    they should give us more info
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    See the frost babies did really do work..now the crystal babies..thats another story.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    spartn wrote: »
    I cant see it boosting you to lvl 95 & skipping the story. I'm pretty sure you'll have to go through all the quests a lvl 1 char would do. only thing is being 95 your gonna do it fasterb:kiss
    Why not? We've been able to do this for years now.
    I have a few characters that are 100+ and have never done any quests, fbs or anything outside of the absolute minimum for cultivation and only that because its required for skills. I even have a couple characters that have never even had a pickaxe.
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options
    See the frost babies did really do work..now the crystal babies..thats another story.

but they abused a glitch, which they should have been banned for
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jaytrain91 wrote: »
    but they abused a glitch, which they should have been banned for
    um.... not all abused a 'glitch' only the goon glitch was a 'glitch' that was technically abused by the TOS. if FF was never fixed that is the Dev's fault, not a true 'glitch'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spartn
    spartn Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I wouldnt go as far 2 say that this is creating more of a P2W debate. Who really won, the person would leveled his character & had fun doing it or the person who just pays $60 2 say he has an other char under his/her belt.

So idk, i feel like leveling is half the fun. although I will use the free stone on an old class I'm glad people cant use it on the newer ones. cause I wudnt. I wanna have fun:P
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    And here we had a short time ago some FC haters saying that the powerleveling was gone for good and how the developers were trying to revive the low level instances.

At the same time we had some really enraged people contradicting them and saying that this (fc hypers kill) was bad for the game, and the level gap between old a new players, etc, etc

And now guess what?? PWE/ARC or wanmei (or both lol) brings instant power level for all b:laugh

Is not this some kind of big trolling from PWI to their Player Base?

I mean I don't really have anything against this, in fact I would gladly use that item for an alt buff toon, but Im sure we will have some reaaaaaaally angry people here. If those guys/gals were mad about fc, that actually was a bit more effort than this and more important: that not all did, Imagine their reaction to this Item b:shocked
This discussion has been closed.