Server with the Worst PvP?

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Sure about that ?

Let me teach you the main difference between PVP and PVE servers :
    On PVE servers, some people are QQing that EVERYONE (yeah those people usually overstate the reality ^^) is blue-named
    On PVP servers, some people are QQing that EVERYONE (yeah those people usually overstate the reality as well ^^) stay in safe-zone.

I'd so +1 this if the forum had such a function. Absolutely and completely true.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Myerna - Raging Tide
    Myerna - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually, you can, Kossy. b:victory

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1571001

SweetieBot herself presides over the forum +1 function!

I answered the poll as Raging Tide, the only server I really know--reason being, is there is no pk with the exception of a few r9rrs with vendettas; almost no one else pks on a regular basis, leading to a very dull and uninspiring pvp scene. =/
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2014

SweetieBot herself presides over the forum +1 function!
    I function very good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• _Grandpa - Raging Tide
    _Grandpa - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It just reminded me to the PK'ing in Secret Passage a 'long time ago'. Wanted to do a quest on my mystic but someone was waiting to do some killing. The dude was lucky: had my mistress on defending so he was killed instantly. I didn't even notice him getting killed. Happened again in Secret Passage room 1. Got the kill before my monitor actually showed the room lol. Sure want to know if defending in the room isn't bannable. b:shocked

Also remembered the QQ-ing from people who wanted to PK outside Archo but when checking they all where blue-named (fail 1) Main reason for me to just visit Harshlands for some PK fun. On RT I made a toon for some lowbie PvP fun (so people in my faction can learn a bit about PvP) but noticed only random G16 people want to one-shot while doing quests. Well... am in PK mode since lvl 30 so don't care much about it however it makes RT server the worst PvP server for me. Why PvP if you know that you can win? (fail 2)

And yeah...getting old... also remembering Harshlands. Not the worst PvP server but it's fun how to see people hunting me down while doing quests. Only had 1 normal PvP. Someone attacked me while I was killing mobs near Archo thinking I was a bot. Followed him and got the kill.

Shoot, I think I'm too addicted to PWI. Can't remember what I have eaten yesterday b:laugh
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I function very good.

>I Function very good

I cringed. I know it's a bot. But really...
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sure about that ?

On PVE servers, some people are QQing that EVERYONE (yeah those people usually overstate the reality ^^) is blue-named
    On PVP servers, some people are QQing that EVERYONE (yeah those people usually overstate the reality as well ^^) stay in safe-zone.

The main difference is that on pvP-Server if you got the gears and the times you can prevent a single person from actually palying this game besides instanced stuff. No more prime dailies and such.

And when I say "all the blue-names" I only have a few in mind that would actually get slaughtered by myself. Killing ppl that pose no threat or challange is under any circumstances not worth my time. Cept if I can kill 6+ ppl in one AOE. Dunno I kinda like that.

I know a bunch of european players and especially heavy CSers that would roll on Morai if it wasn't a PvE-Server. I don't have much problems with PvP-Servers. Like others already said, things arn't as bad as they used to be. There are only a few morons with the sole purpose to annoy the **** outta other ppl.

I add that altho it doesn't matter anymore...but here goes: Botting has never been a problem on PvP-Servers + the overall economy is way better compared to the PvE-Server.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    >I Function very good

I cringed. I know it's a bot. But really...

At least it's not "more quicklier".
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The main difference is that on pvP-Server if you got the gears and the times you can prevent a single person from actually palying this game besides instanced stuff. No more prime dailies and such.

I beg to differ ---> harrassment rule ;)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sure about that ?

On Archosaur (PVE-server) there are players going into huge mass-pk with r9+10 unsharded\ even low refined r9s

On our server i believe we really have a lot of endgame geared +10\12 jades\deity, that i really started to think if any server vs server pvp event could happen, we actually could take our chances

but most of them besides not even pking, they also tend to avoid PvP-events such tournament tob rws nws

whats the point of r9+12 josd and lvl 80 cards if you then go PvE-only?

our game wasn't designed for PvE server of any kind, and the PvE servers actually have the worst economy and challenge you could find among all other servers (unchallenging TWs, low attendance on PvP events, cap gold price, shard\refine cost almost out of reach etch)

Perfect World Europe was supposed to open an English PvP server 3-4 years ago when eu servers were announced, not only the announced PvP server had not been released but also the PvE servers had to get merged resulting in the crappy (non)competitive gameplay we actually have on Morai
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    On Archosaur (PVE-server) there are players going into huge mass-pk with r9+10 unsharded\ even low refined r9s

On our server i believe we really have a lot of endgame geared +10\12 jades\deity, that i really started to think if any server vs server pvp event could happen, we actually could take our chances

but most of them besides not even pking, they also tend to avoid PvP-events such tournament tob rws nws

whats the point of r9+12 josd and lvl 80 cards if you then go PvE-only?

our game wasn't designed for PvE server of any kind, and the PvE servers actually have the worst economy and challenge you could find among all other servers (unchallenging TWs, low attendance on PvP events, cap gold price, shard\refine cost almost out of reach etch)

Perfect World Europe was supposed to open an English PvP server 3-4 years ago when eu servers were announced, not only the announced PvP server had not been released but also the PvE servers had to get merged resulting in the crappy (non)competitive gameplay we actually have on Morai

i assume your basing this off the videos of Urynaz _Cursed Jarkhen and others.
    I guess you didnt see the g16s

Its alot more prevelant in Jarkhen's and _Cursed's videos that there are a ton of g16s in both factions that will show to have fun.
    Also it seems that the lower geared people seem to have more fun in pvp situations.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Its alot more prevelant in Jarkhen's and _Cursed's videos that there are a ton of g16s in both factions that will show to have fun.
    Also it seems that the lower geared people seem to have more fun in pvp situations.

i wish we had this kind of players in eu :(
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    RT sucks for PVP...'cause there's no PVP below R9rr+10, usually not even below R9rr+12. And prior to level 100...PWI-dictionary has no meaning for term "PVP".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2014

On my server if you lose to someone with less gear than you, people make a big damn deal about it (like getting ganked by archers and a few g16 aps sins in NW). Especially if you are rank 9. Everyone has something to prove, and I for one stay out of PK mode because of it.

r9rr+12 JoSD coming out and killing everyone that isnt in their faction because they can, but then complain no one wants to PK. I just facedesk so hard.b:worried
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm going to say Dreamweaver cause they have the most carebear thread I've seen lmao

Id be surprised if there were ANY good pker on that server. Someone show me one lol
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    unrefuted wrote: »
    I'm going to say Dreamweaver cause they have the most carebear thread I've seen lmao

Id be surprised if there were ANY good pker on that server. Someone show me one lol

I came from DW, the fact that it started me off on my journey automatically disqualifies it from being the worst PvP server. 'cause you know. I PvP lots. rekd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited October 2014

Define 'carebear'. Wtf does that even mean?
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wait for Crossserver pvp then we gonna see b:laugh
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • unrefuted
    edited October 2014
    Define 'carebear'. Wtf does that even mean?

carebear
    Term applied by PvP (player vs. player) participants in an online role-playing game to those players are disinterested in PvP conflict. Usually derogatory.

Antonyms: Ganker, griefer, PK scum.
    Me and the boyz used to gank everybody at the crossroads, before the damned carebears got the rules changed.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=carebear
  • catgirl33
    catgirl33 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    carebear
    Term applied by PvP (player vs. player) participants in an online role-playing game to those players are disinterested in PvP conflict. Usually derogatory.

Antonyms: Ganker, griefer, PK scum.
    Me and the boyz used to gank everybody at the crossroads, before the damned carebears got the rules changed.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=carebear

The definition reads players who are disinterested, avoid pvp activities and prefer pve. This doesn't prove that we're inexperienced PKers. Even if we're a carebear server, it only means our pvp activities are very minimal. I do agree we lack pvp activities since we're a pve server. It doesn't prove we're less skilled PKers than those from Pvp servers.
    1. PVP: *kills CB*
    CB: What the ****? I didn't do anything to you; why did you kill me?
    PVP: You were there.
    CB: This is bull****. Go away!
    PVP: *kills CB again*
    CB: Quit camping me! WTF is wrong with you?
    PVP: You were still there.
    CB: *logs out*

I believe this thread is what you wanted to mention. It does prove we're a carebear server if your term of carebear is within the quote above. But if a pve server like us is considered carebear, then pvp servers are bigger carebears. Every server has its QQbabiesb:cry. Our server is no exception. The reason why that thread existed, i believe is OP wants to avoid drama. If you roll in a pvp server or hit the switch mode in pve server, basically you give consent to open pk. When you get killed by other players, doesn't grant you the right to curse at them and flood the chat with insults. They would call for backups if possible. I don't the use of that thread too. QQbabies are mostly to always stay that way because that's their personalities.

At this point, i don't think we have any proof to accurately determine which server has worst/better pvp players. Making your judgement based on forum and youtube aren't accurate neither. Forum is for discussion and debating. A skilled player would use action to prove his ability in game rather words on the forum.b:shutup If you win the debate on the forum, it proves you're knowledgeable of the game. Not that you're a good pker. People upload videos to entertain us, to share with us as visual guides & to educate beginner players. If you see the players that seem to perform poorly in the videos, it probably means that their opponents proved to be too overwhelming for them.b:shocked Not that he/she is a bad pker. Or their server skilled players cannot upload videos.

I think the only way to determine this is through a cross-server pk tournament. Which i doubt it would ever occurs
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2014

To be fair G16s rarely show up for PK in numbers. Only ones I can think of are you from Nem, the heavybm dude from Defiance. Rogue has couple of G16s that will show up if their faction calls for help.

But frankly G16s will get 1shot in the mass PK we seen "lately", there really hasnt been much for weeks. When you see Nemesis archer for example in PK video, you can assume its R9T3+12 bow. We had massive PK last night, 2 squads on both sides and I can think of 3 people total clearly under R9T3+10 armors standard. I´m sure there was few more that I cant just think of but you get the picture. Yes, we got a ton of +10 armors with placeholder shards participating in mass PK but the truly undergeared people are few and rare.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • unrefuted
    edited October 2014
    catgirl33 wrote: »
    The definition reads players who are disinterested, avoid pvp activities and prefer pve. This doesn't prove that we're inexperienced PKers. Even if we're a carebear server, it only means our pvp activities are very minimal. I do agree we lack pvp activities since we're a pve server. It doesn't prove we're less skilled PKers than those from Pvp servers.

While I cannot rigorously prove that you're inexperienced PKers, I can statistically show that it is much more likely that you are inexperienced rather than experienced. The more PvP activity there is on a server, the more practice a player gets. Since practice makes perfect, it is much more likely that someone who has practiced is closer to "perfect" compared to someone who has not. If there is no pvp activity, it is impossible to practice. Therefore, it is much more likely that someone from a server with no pvp activity (i.e. no practice) is less skilled (i.e. less "perfect") compared to someone from a PvP server (i.e. practiced more).

Of course, it doesn't rule out the possibility of some PvP prodigy who can be good at PvP with minimal practice, but since we are talking about an entire server, that one person generally will not affect much.

I believe this thread is what you wanted to mention. It does prove we're a carebear server if your term of carebear is within the quote above. But if a pve server like us is considered carebear, then pvp servers are bigger carebears. Every server has its QQbabiesb:cry. Our server is no exception. The reason why that thread existed, i believe is OP wants to avoid drama. If you roll in a pvp server or hit the switch mode in pve server, basically you give consent to open pk. When you get killed by other players, doesn't grant you the right to curse at them and flood the chat with insults. They would call for backups if possible. I don't the use of that thread too. QQbabies are mostly to always stay that way because that's their personalities.

I say that a server is carebear when the number of people who are carebear exceeds the number of people who are non-carebear. Someone can curse and insult and not be a carebear. Someone can neither insult nor curse and still be a carebear.

This thread makes me laugh http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1718621
    and is a good indication that your server is carebear.

Someone who does not curse nor insult can still be a carebear if they only avoid pvp confrontation with people, and does not actively attack nor defend other people.

Someone who does curse and insult might not be a carebear if they still continue to active attack you/defend themselves/attack other people despite cursing you out for it.

The very fact that you have that thread implies that there are more people who will avoid confrontation when they are killed, as opposed to fighting back, making yourself carebear.
    At this point, i don't think we have any proof to accurately determine which server has worst/better pvp players. Making your judgement based on forum and youtube aren't accurate neither. Forum is for discussion and debating. A skilled player would use action to prove his ability in game rather words on the forum.b:shutup If you win the debate on the forum, it proves you're knowledgeable of the game. Not that you're a good pker. People upload videos to entertain us, to share with us as visual guides & to educate beginner players. If you see the players that seem to perform poorly in the videos, it probably means that their opponents proved to be too overwhelming for them.b:shocked Not that he/she is a bad pker. Or their server skilled players cannot upload videos.

I think the only way to determine this is through a cross-server pk tournament. Which i doubt it would ever occurs

Making your judgement based on youtube is extremely accurate. As you said, "skilled player would use action to prove his ability in game". What is a better way to judge someone's action other than by videos? Watching someone play is an excellent demonstration of how good they are.

If someone perform poorly in video, you can still judge whether they're good or not by comparing gear differences. If someone with significantly lesser gear still manages to survive for a long duration despite not winning, it is still indicative of both player's skill level.

There are a lot of conclusions you can make from "Best player of each class" thread and comparing it to videos.
  • catgirl33
    edited October 2014
    While I cannot rigorously prove that you're inexperienced PKers, I can statistically show that it is much more likely that you are inexperienced rather than experienced. The more PvP activity there is on a server, the more practice a player gets. Since practice makes perfect, it is much more likely that someone who has practiced is closer to "perfect" compared to someone who has not. If there is no pvp activity, it is impossible to practice. Therefore, it is much more likely that someone from a server with no pvp activity (i.e. no practice) is less skilled (i.e. less "perfect") compared to someone from a PvP server (i.e. practiced more).

I’m looking forward to see what statistic you have to prove that i'm inexperienced rather than experienced. I hope it isn’t that poll up there.
    I agree with you on more practice = more experienced. Yet there is exceptional. If people naturally play bad, they just play bad regardless of how much more practice they get than those who have minimal practices.

Of course, it doesn't rule out the possibility of some PvP prodigy who can be good at PvP with minimal practice, but since we are talking about an entire server, that one person generally will not affect much.

How would you know those PvP prodigies wouldn’t exist in our server?

I say that a server is carebear when the number of people who are carebear exceeds the number of people who are non-carebear. Someone can curse and insult and not be a carebear. Someone can neither insult nor curse and still be a carebear.

This thread makes me laugh http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1718621
    and is a good indication that your server is carebear.

Someone who does not curse nor insult can still be a carebear if they only avoid pvp confrontation with people, and does not actively attack nor defend other people.

Someone who does curse and insult might not be a carebear if they still continue to active attack you/defend themselves/attack other people despite cursing you out for it.

The very fact that you have that thread implies that there are more people who will avoid confrontation when they are killed, as opposed to fighting back, making yourself carebear.

I think I understand the definition of Carebear. I even paraphrased a little in hoping that you would know that I understand. It’s on the first paragraph of my previous post.

I said it before; the reason why we avoid random pvp confrontation is to avoid possible conflict and drama. Friendly pvp is okay. The reason why I mentioned about insulting is the reason why that thread existed. As you can see, in that thread, the OP doesn’t want to hear any QQ when you hit the switch mode on pve server. Same thing as GM doesn’t want to hear anymore complains that people getting killed in a pvp server. The purpose of that thread is for OP to seek for a challenge basically.

And are you telling me the only way to break out of the carebear name is to keep on trying to kill the person who killed you? Knowing that even the chance is extremely low or near impossible? The reason they don’t fight back is they couldn’t and choose to insult you and call for backup if possible as I stated in the previous post. If you’re one of those non-carebears that you call yourself that choose to fight back regardless of any circumstance, Good luck on your suicide mission. Grat if you do succeed

I didn’t denied that we aren’t a carebear server as I stated in the previous post but I didn’t accept that we’re bad PKers, and yet still you haven’t proved that we’re bad PKers, you’ve only proved that we avoid random pvp confrontation/carebear. You made your judgment just because of that thread. Our server still does a lot of friendly pvp/practice just so you know.

Making your judgement based on youtube is extremely accurate. As you said, "skilled player would use action to prove his ability in game". What is a better way to judge someone's action other than by videos? Watching someone play is an excellent demonstration of how good they are.

Like you said in your last post, we’re talking about an entire server, not just the individuals who upload videos. Video is definitely one of the good ways to judge a player or a few who appears in the vido, but not an entire server.

If someone perform poorly in video, you can still judge whether they're good or not by comparing gear differences. If someone with significantly lesser gear still manages to survive for a long duration despite not winning, it is still indicative of both player's skill level.

Common commenting, I definitely agree with you on this. Not just gear, class, buffs, lag, and etc that can change the result of the battle.

There are a lot of conclusions you can make from "Best player of each class" thread and comparing it to videos.

The “Best player of each class” thread is more of a popularity thread poll in my opinion. People are mostly to mention their friends only and those have recognition in the server. Mostly consists of names of people from the big factions of the server.
    Reply in color
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • unrefuted
    edited October 2014
    Reply in color

Once again, I never said I am going to prove that you are inexperienced. I simply said that since I have no idea who you are other than the fact that you are from Dreamweaver: if I were to make a bet, I would bet that you are more inexperienced compared to a PvP server, as opposed to the other way around.

Why? You said it yourself, more practice = more experienced. PvP servers have more pvp activity, so PvP servers have more practice. So statistically, it is more likely that a player from a PvP server have more experience than you have.

Similarly, the same concept can be applied to a larger scale to the entirety of Dreamweaver. One or two people who are prodigies would not really tip the balance that much

Whether you call back up or not does not make a difference. But avoiding confrontation simply because you're afraid of drama is what makes you a carebear.

Also, it is very rare for someone who is good at the game to also not be popular. If they PK a lot and are good, they're automatically popular because they'll meet a lot of people. If they rarely pk, then it is less likely that they're good because of reasons in my first two sentences. The only problem is that to inexperienced players, they don't think of people as "good" until they win. And if someone is undergeared, they don't always win, so they don't get popular as quickly.
    edited October 2014
    These are the saddest arguments I've seen in a while.
    Once again, I never said I am going to prove that you are inexperienced. I simply said that since I have no idea who you are other than the fact that you are from Dreamweaver: if I were to make a bet, I would bet that you are more inexperienced compared to a PvP server, as opposed to the other way around.

If you have no idea, then why make a bet? Obviously you do think you know how good she is, otherwise you would not have made that claim. How do you even know if she only plays on DW? You don't, but you will never own up to that. You can say "I bet" all you want, it doesn't give your argument anymore validity, or credibility than it already has, and just makes you seem like someone with something to prove.

Why? You said it yourself, more practice = more experienced. PvP servers have more pvp activity, so PvP servers have more practice. So statistically, it is more likely that a player from a PvP server have more experience than you have.

This is a logically fallacy. Statistically. The first rules of knowing a statistic is how to apply it, which you clearly do not. Just because most people on PvE servers lack PvP experience, that does not mean ALL do. But you won't admit that Yuuniee may not be in the percentage that lacks PvP experience, which is why you sound like a moron.

Similarly, the same concept can be applied to a larger scale to the entirety of Dreamweaver. One or two people who are prodigies would not really tip the balance that much

Once again, you don't know how to apply statistics. And also just because someone doesn't PvP often on DW doesn't make them inexperienced. In fact most players are BAD at this game. I don't PvP that often, but I've tangoed with the best of them, and had my *** handed to me by the best of them. I learned more in that short time than i ever did in "PK" mode.

Whether you call back up or not does not make a difference. But avoiding confrontation simply because you're afraid of drama is what makes you a carebear.

No it means you want to avoid drama. Calling someone a 'carebear' because of that makes you seem extremely childish.

Also, it is very rare for someone who is good at the game to also not be popular. If they PK a lot and are good, they're automatically popular because they'll meet a lot of people. If they rarely pk, then it is less likely that they're good because of reasons in my first two sentences. The only problem is that to inexperienced players, they don't think of people as "good" until they win. And if someone is undergeared, they don't always win, so they don't get popular as quickly.

This last bit is just a plain lie. People who PK a lot tend to be hated or seen negatively, this is a fact. And Xaner, from DW poops on your last 'argument'. In fact undergeared people who PK tend to get more popular due to the fact they are PKing while undergeared.

I doubt you even PK based on what you are saying, and are just blowing smoke out of your hole. But ofc, stone face says everything if you arent affected by the avatar issue.
  • unrefuted
    edited October 2014
    These are the saddest arguments I've seen in a while.

This last bit is just a plain lie. People who PK a lot tend to be hated or seen negatively, this is a fact. And Xaner, from DW poops on your last 'argument'. In fact undergeared people who PK tend to get more popular due to the fact they are PKing while undergeared.

I doubt you even PK based on what you are saying, and are just blowing smoke out of your hole. But ofc, stone face says everything if you arent affected by the avatar issue.

Last I checked, knowing how good she is isn't a requirement to make a bet. Oh i'm sure everyone knows exactly whether they're going to win a lottery or not before gambling on it. b:bye

This is not a logical fallacy. If you knew statistics, you would realize that since she is on Dreamweaver, it is perfectly valid to apply Dreamweaver statistics to her - i.e. it is more likely that she is bad, as opposed to good, when compared to PvP server players.

Also, she already agreed that "practice = more experienced". So saying that "just because someone doesn't PvP often on DW doesn't make them inexperienced" is arguing against her, not against me.

"People who PK a lot tend to be hated or seen negatively, this is a fact." - This is what I'm talking about when I say Carebear. Are you going to go to a PvP server and tell me that the entire server is hated by everyone?

Please, if you're **** don't try to correct someone else.

Oh, and the avatar page doesn't even load.
    edited October 2014
    Last I checked, knowing how good she is isn't a requirement to make a bet. Oh i'm sure everyone knows exactly whether they're going to win a lottery or not before gambling on it. b:bye

They know what the odds are, not whether of not they are going to win. I don't even....*facepalm*.

Your bet was that she was bad, and I never stated that it was a 'requirement'. Next time you wanna strawman me, at least make it a good one.

This is not a logical fallacy. If you knew statistics, you would realize that since she is on Dreamweaver, it is perfectly valid to apply Dreamweaver statistics to her - i.e. it is more likely that she is bad, as opposed to good, when compared to PvP server players.

My statement stands. More likely=/=is. Those are two different things. And just because someone on a PvP server doesn't make them good either. Once again you failed to apply them properly. We are comparing 1 player to other players, not 1 whole server vs her. And 'good' tends to be subjective. I know a lot of people that are considered 'good' that I think are absolute trash.

Also, she already agreed that "practice = more experienced". So saying that "just because someone doesn't PvP often on DW doesn't make them inexperienced" is arguing against her, not against me.

Still against you bro, can't take the heat then get out the kitchen. Just because someone is on a PvP server doesn't mean they practice either. I know plenty of safe zone humpers on PvP servers. Your argument is irrelavent to how good someone actually is, just face it.

"People who PK a lot tend to be hated or seen negatively, this is a fact." - This is what I'm talking about when I say Carebear. Are you going to go to a PvP server and tell me that the entire server is hated by everyone?

I said some, once again, straw man, and a bad one. You still haven't explain what a carebear is. And if it is for someone that avoids drama, i can think of equally as stupid names for those that breed in toxicity. I said what i said for reasons, especially those that attack people without warning (especially lower geared people) which gives you a bad rep. *facedesk*

Please, if you're **** don't try to correct someone else.

re·tard·ed
    rəˈtärdəd/
    adjective
    datedoffensive
    less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
    informaloffensive
    very foolish or stupid.

Kinda like your whole argument? You can assert what you like, and so can I. Until you come with some evidence for her 'being bad at pk', you are just blowing smoke out of your bum, as I said earlier. You can't prove or disprove anything, so why mention it at all?

Oh, and the avatar page doesn't even load.

GG. /5chr
  • catgirl33
    edited October 2014

If you have no idea, why you claimed that I’m rather inexperienced than experienced at the first time?

Just because you saw that thread, and you claimed everyone in DW are likely to be inexperienced.
    I might or might not be more inexperienced than the players in PvP Servers. But in your eyes, I’m definitely a very inexperienced player.

Did you even read carefully of what I said? You keep having me to repeat same things over and over.

Yes, I said more practice = more experienced. I agreed with you on that in general. Player gets more practice is likely to be more experience than the ones who get lesser practice. I also said yet there is exceptional. If a player naturally play bad, they just play bad regardless of how much training they get.

More likely to have more experience than me? More likely? So it isn’t guarantee.

If there can be one, there can be many.

I personally am not afraid of drama. If there is drama brought against me, my friends know it’s likely I’m not the cause of it. However, I’ll kill anyone if I see fit. But I don’t pk random people just because they’re targetable.

I think I understand the term of carebear but you keep thinking like I don’t understand. It’s like you keep modifying your definition of carebear after your every posts. I’ve already explained why “backups” was brought in my posts. I know what I mentioned about backup has very little connected to being carebear if someone has a very strong interest and choose to engage in pvp confrontation. I said it many times too that I didn’t denied we’re aren’t carebear. We choose to be drama-free and therefore we’re carebear. I admit that!

I have no idea why you still bringing carebear up to prove that we’re bad pkers?
    I already accept we’re carebear but I didn’t accept that we’re bad Pkers. You keep saying that I don’t understand what ‘s carebear into the argument and claimed that we’re carebear, and we’re bad Pkers because we’re carebear. So if someone PKs me and I don’t pk back. It proves I’m a carebear but does that mean I’m a bad Pker? Nope! If I’m not a carebear, does that prove I’m a good Pker? I don’t think so.

Also, it is very rare for someone who is good at the game to also not be popular. If they PK a lot and are good, they're automatically popular because they'll meet a lot of people. If they rarely pk, then it is less likely that they're good because of reasons in my first two sentences.

Very rare? That means there is a possibility. This only holds true if there are audiences and if the audiences spread participant’s names across the server. If you’re doing pvp training with someone in a secret hideout, who knows whether you’re good not. Some people do this, because they don’t want any unwanted interruption. Nobody knows who was better in that fight unless one of participants upload a video recording the entire event that didn’t removing his/her losing battles.

The only problem is that to inexperienced players, they don't think of people as "good" until they win. And if someone is undergeared, they don't always win, so they don't get popular as quickly.

Yes, inexperienced commentator only looks at who win and who lose.

Actually nope, for the 2nd line. I'm going to use someone from my server as example. Xaner, he’s very popluar in my server. He was rose from once the server biggest faction and they did a lot of pk training out in the open field and internal training within the faction. He’s undergeared and he doesn’t always win but he gained a lot of recognition through the server. If you’re training with the server top players, and display a better performance than what they’ve expect. It’s likely that’ll say you’re good and easily spread your name across the server because you’re training with the best and being in the top faction. But if he’s to pvp with my guildies, I believe they would say he isn’t extremely good like what his guildies said of him.

Sorry to bring you up here Xaner, no Offense :D But you're good b:shutup

Reply in Color
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    GG messed up reply..

well >_> *** there goes my essay.... um...
    "Also, it is very rare for someone who is good at the game to also not be popular. If they PK a lot and are good, they're automatically popular because they'll meet a lot of people. If they rarely pk, then it is less likely that they're good because of reasons in my first two sentences. "

Idk who kalo is (our best geared person in dreamweaver). Nor do i know who PG is (never even heard of his name till he was in tempest pulling a cata).

PVP Servers only have better people because of the higher amount of people that pk.... If all of our server pk'd im sure i would see people owning me that i never even heard of.

@Yuunniee
    Yes it is true i was known as one of the best undergeared mystics... and i even think my name was mentioned most in the mystics who are best at their class.. But that is mainly because of the class advantage... and the fact that i was one of the only mystics that pk...
    And yes... just the other day i was called garbage at my class xD

"The only problem is that to inexperienced players, they don't think of people as "good" until they win. And if someone is undergeared, they don't always win, so they don't get popular as quickly."
    @unretued?
    When i fight people overgeared than me... i swear i die 10 times for every 1 win...
    Now when i do fight these people... I will have random people pm me that i am sht... or that i am awesome for even surviving so long...
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    GG. /5chr

My god you're an idiot.

He isn't stating anyone is good or bad, he is stating that if he were to make a bet as to whether or not a player on DW was good or bad in PvP, it is most likely that they are bed given that DW is not a server that has a lot of PvP. The player in this case is whoever it is, I only skimmed. Sadly, all I have to do is skim to see how clearly wrong you are.

Christ. No wonder you play Assassin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited October 2014
    My god you're an idiot.

He isn't stating anyone is good or bad, he is stating that if he were to make a bet as to whether or not a player on DW was good or bad in PvP, it is most likely that they are bed given that DW is not a server that has a lot of PvP. The player in this case is whoever it is, I only skimmed. Sadly, all I have to do is skim to see how clearly wrong you are.

Christ. No wonder you play Assassin.

If you ever read my post you would know that I already stated this, and I also stated he refused to acknowledge any exceptions to this rule. And instead resorted to calling her a 'carebear' instead of providing facts to prove that she herself was bad at PK. Most likely=/=you are, how is that so hard to uderstand with you people. On top of that Yuuniee is probably one of the best geared clerics on our server, she would have no issues with confrontation if she decided to deal with it. WTF is the point of arguing a statistic that everyone already knows about, to prove an obvious point? It's beyond redundant, and only comes from those that have something to prove, like i already stated.

Like i said, if you are going to strawman me, make it a good one. But maybe if you had actually read and understood my post, you would have realized that.

As for 'playing assassin', I play multiple classes. In PvP, Id say I have the most experience on barb and seeker, because I actually PK on them. Once again another person that uses fallacies to prove a half baked point, which they are completely wrong about to begin with.

Just because I post from my sin, does not mean assassin is the only class I play. Do you play asassin? Wouldn't this also be applied to you if you do?

GG.