The Future of FCC

Options
1235»

Comments

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    As I did when FC was unrestricted...and as I'm doing again now that it is restricted...

I'm voting for level entrance and hyper experience to be restricted to level 75 before entering FC.

The reason:

Early classes...mains or alts need a chance to learn their class.

Players need a chance to learn teamwork, and squad play....as well as what they can and cannot handle.

It will keep the low leveled bh's/questing zones more populated.

Lower leveled players will not have to worry about only running bh if a 100+ player runs them through it. (Boring.)

Later players have a major issue with quests not racking in much experience. This happens around the 75 mark.
    At this stage, people should know their class, and still want to run their bh's for more xp....keeping bh's 69,79, and 89 alive.

Rebirth players won't be as gimped. Going from 100+ to 1 is no picnic. Doing it again sucks more than twice as hard. So these players can get back to being 100+, and enjoying the fruits of their labor.

New players will be able to learn their classes, and not grind their way to the top...only to have to do it twice over again. This game caters to the endgame, so allowing players who've earned the right to stand before the gates of FC to accelerate their xp gain is good. At 75+, I feel as though you've earned the right to stand before the gates.

FC itself is actually a good instance. It teaches HA classes how to pull. It tests clerics on purify, proper BB use, and proper heals. It teaches classes how to AOE properly, and will prepare players for some nasty tricks that later bosses will have. It'd be a shame for it to die altogether. However, restricting access to 75+ revitalizes the low game, and helps stop the problem of the hyper noobs.

Overall, I feel as though this is the best option for the game itself. I didn't start running FC regularly until around low 80's...so I don't think that this would gimp anyone....and I learned my class well along the way from my experiences too. In rebirth times, it's quite useful to have a good way to level up, when you hit that experience curb...and will hit it twice again....to add insult to injury. Newer players and alts have a steep climb to reach. Throwing them that rope at 75+ to help them climb that mountain is good overall.

That is my input on this situation, and the reasons why I feel as I do.

"Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Steellust - Sanctuary
    Steellust - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The longer it takes a toon to lvl to 100 a total of 3 times the more at a disadvantage they are to an older player.

This is a different game than it was 6 years ago. Ppl that hyper FCC or the so called "hyper babies" know this and that's why they are pissed off at this change and they should be because they are being put at a disadvantage.

The argument of do quest so you learn your class is stupid.
    This game is more about common sense and killing X mob 90 different times won't teach you anything.

Only 100*3 will allow you to farm bloods fast enough to stand a chance in pvp.
    You need gear, but passives, spirits and cards is what you need to compete. The longer it takes you to get there, the less competitive you are.

No hyper in FCC is only killing another instance and hampering new players or older players trying to lvl a new class. Nothing else.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I agree that 75+ is much better than no hypers at all, seeing as it doesn't take nearly as long to hit 75 as it does 100. But I'll also give you a few reasons why it's pointless to restrist them at all, based off of what you have written.
    As I did when FC was unrestricted...and as I'm doing again now that it is restricted...

I'm voting for level entrance and hyper experience to be restricted to level 75 before entering FC.

The reason:

Early classes...mains or alts need a chance to learn their class.
    This is arguable.The only classes that require actual learning in the early levels in Cleric, BM, and Barb. I say this mainly because clerics are used for healing most of the time, barbs need lessons in aggro, and BM's are not a DD class, but a support. ANy other class can 1-3 shot the mobs they need for quest, resulting in the same combo, and nothing else. And that's about all they need. They never have to learn much else, because it isn't required. Only in the 90's will they need some true skill to kill mobs/culti bosses, and most of that skill, is arguably learned in FC.

Players need a chance to learn teamwork, and squad play....as well as what they can and cannot handle.
    Going back to my last point, most of the things in game can be done solo. Even a big part of the culti's. I will say that squad play is basic, and what you can/cant handle has more to do with your gear/slight skill in regards to the instance. I am a solo player. I learned squad play by knowing my limits through doing things alone. Only then can one translate that into a squad.

For instance, how will a cleric ever know what they can tank, if they are always in a squad healing? Most clerics don't tank anything, and it's sad, because the class is so good at it.

It will keep the low leveled bh's/questing zones more populated.
    Valid point.

Lower leveled players will not have to worry about only running bh if a 100+ player runs them through it. (Boring.)
    Valid point.

Later players have a major issue with quests not racking in much experience. This happens around the 75 mark.
    At this stage, people should know their class, and still want to run their bh's for more xp....keeping bh's 69,79, and 89 alive.
    This is where FC out does BH's by a landslide.

Rebirth players won't be as gimped. Going from 100+ to 1 is no picnic. Doing it again sucks more than twice as hard. So these players can get back to being 100+, and enjoying the fruits of their labor.

New players will be able to learn their classes, and not grind their way to the top...only to have to do it twice over again. This game caters to the endgame, so allowing players who've earned the right to stand before the gates of FC to accelerate their xp gain is good. At 75+, I feel as though you've earned the right to stand before the gates.
    This is more personal opinion than objectivity. Personally i feel most people don't become sufficient at a class until about level 92-93. When they have sage/demon spark and almost all of their skills.

The only valid argument i can see for level 75 honestly is the ability to use HP/MP food.

FC itself is actually a good instance. It teaches HA classes how to pull. It tests clerics on purify, proper BB use, and proper heals. It teaches classes how to AOE properly, and will prepare players for some nasty tricks that later bosses will have. It'd be a shame for it to die altogether. However, restricting access to 75+ revitalizes the low game, and helps stop the problem of the hyper noobs.
    The problem isn't hyper noobs. Even with hypers, just looking at the skills give you an idea of what classes are supposed to do. Even with hypers it takes a sufficient amount of time to even hit lv90. The problem isn't power leveling. The problem is people who don't give a damn to learn, and never will learn, or those who lack intelligence, or cleverness.

Overall, I feel as though this is the best option for the game itself. I didn't start running FC regularly until around low 80's...so I don't think that this would gimp anyone....and I learned my class well along the way from my experiences too. In rebirth times, it's quite useful to have a good way to level up, when you hit that experience curb...and will hit it twice again....to add insult to injury. Newer players and alts have a steep climb to reach. Throwing them that rope at 75+ to help them climb that mountain is good overall.

That is my input on this situation, and the reasons why I feel as I do.

Responses in white. Not saying i disagree with you on everything, but I piggie backed your post. I hope you don't mind.
  • Dethslinga - Archosaur
    Dethslinga - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Release it unrestricted or restrict it to people who have passed transcendant. Irritating that this hasn't been dealt with. Earning potential and fc and dq..... i quit months ago....... yeah not coming back anytime soon apparently, all the people who trash on fc and truly have a right haven't hit 100, or haven't supported pwi financially, or both, and to them i say YOU wont be missed! 50 noobs is better than 5 badasses to play with we need people i REALLY don't care how stupid they are anymore. I've spent multiple thousands here as many who have stopped playing have. we're not playing so we're not paying. I love this game, and i will always be checking back.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just please, please avoid the pointless beating-around-the-bush empty comments like those that people like JanusZeal, WannaBM, and a few others spammed in my last thread like this. They obviously had no supporting evidence for their views and just spammed the thread with cloudy statements.

Lol ******. They had no less supporting evidence than any of the posts with opposing views. They just didnt agree with your view. Good luck with your thread that is meant only for people who share your view.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Fc threads and polls just never ending.. I highly doubt that Gm's cares so you can do all the poles you want but if GM won't care, nothing will be change. No fc no powerleveling and actual playing...sort of. Fc same as usual and you will have army of undergeared nabs with **** gear and other army of fc sellers that breed those nabs.
    And if you say people learn class from FC run's then yes BUT only if they do with squad with no rebirths or lvl 100's. Pop a rebirth into sq and guess who's doing all the work while rest just follow. Simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This is a necro and an official stance has already been made.

Continuing to fight in here is rather meaningless at this point.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.