The Future of FCC

Options
SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
It has long been discussed by you, the community that a change needs to be made to revive the game and encourage new players. The majority of you voted for either level restricting FCC, or restricting Hyper EXP Stones in FCC. We were listened to a little bit, but as with most things, it gets forgotten and left behind. V4liance encouraged discussion of this, and stated that they would monitor it, but we all know how those things end up in the long run.

We have even seen the effect that a change like this can have to the game's community. It's also been re-hashed and discussed to death even more recently. Those in favor, (the aforementioned majority), have expressed a majority agreement that a measure such as reverting/restricting FCC will bring an improved change to the overall community of the game, and will help to expand the life of this flagship title that we love.

The general idea is to re-populate the desolated quest areas and cities in the lower levels so that new players will find a thriving community to join and hold on to. It is also understood that several other things will also need to come into place, such as advertising to draw more players. Overall however, these options are a quick and easy step that can be taken in the right direction after the existing population has been revitalized

This is no longer a discussion for those of you that haven't realized how much of the game below 80 has changed.
This is not a discussion about how butt-hurt people are going to be because they can't sell the FCC instance for profit any more, or are too stupid to realize the plethora of other leveling options available past level 80.
This is a vote and a discussion on a topic that has already received the majority vote from the community once before, but I'm expanding the options in the poll, and getting a feel for the current players here.

If you'd like to have an actual discussion about why FCC without any restrictions is good for the community, feel free to discuss it. Just please, please avoid the pointless beating-around-the-bush empty comments like those that people like JanusZeal, WannaBM, and a few others spammed in my last thread like this. They obviously had no supporting evidence for their views and just spammed the thread with cloudy statements.

Originally FCC had two modes, Single and Squad. It was a farming instance just like TT and the original Lunar (though Lunar never really worked correctly). The bosses in Squad mode then, were much harder than the bosses we currently have now. Single mode was similar to what we have now.

Also, keep in mind that our more recent version used for leveling, is singular to our version of the game. PW-MY didn't have it, and the "original" version at PW-CN does not have hypers allowed in the instance at all. (Just like it is now since the latest update.)

The only reason we had the instance the way it was, is because the PWE management requested it. (Makes it easier to bleed money out of the pockets of the players when they hit the level cap and need the elite gear to mach. Also supports the well-known and much discussed power-creep.)

Currently though, with the plethora of daily quests, Primal, and other modifications to the experience distribution in the game, it's not something "required", (if it ever really was).

So please place your vote, and provide constructive discussion on the topic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by SylenThunder - Twilight Temple on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think its fine as it is now. With the many ways to level, FF is not a necessity in the least. The main complaint is that "I don't wanna use X to level and want to use Y", but ultimately if leveling is the main goal, ALL options should be considered and utilized, rather than just buying rooms or spamming one instance as a squad or solo.

It need not be said again how FF being open and unrestricted has rendered every other option obsolete. Its hardly any different from what NW has done to Nirvana. I'd rather keep it without hypers or only allow it to be run once a day like PV (instance resetting aside) with them. At least this way, players can use it but not rely too heavily on that one instance for their leveling needs.

Sure, one can argue that the other means ought to be made more attractive, but let's be real here: just how can anything keep up with an instance being opened all day long and available to the masses for extreme amounts of XP for very little effort? Would PWI's devs even be willing to make an effort to create such a change or balance to leveling options? It seems very unlikely this late into the game's lifespan.

It also ought to be fixed so that the 85 level requisite is actually enforced, should hypers be allowed to be activated there. To even open the gate requires that level req. to be met, meaning that it wasnt intended for those below this level to enter the instance in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Soulvoodoo - Heavens Tear
    Soulvoodoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    With as many options as we have to level with the string of updates this past year, FC is no longer a neccesary evil. Im onboard with keeping FCC level restricted and keeping Hypers disabled. I really dont even see the point of FCC now with PV and the the plethora of experience thats given out on a daily basis. New players should be encouraged to quest and level up the way PWI was originally intended. Might be nice to see the open map filled back up with people. b:thanks
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    With as many options as we have to level with the string of updates this past year, FC is no longer a neccesary evil. Im onboard with keeping FCC level restricted and keeping Hypers disabled. I really dont even see the point of FCC now with PV and the the plethora of experience thats given out on a daily basis. New players should be encouraged to quest and level up the way PWI was originally intended. Might be nice to see the open map filled back up with people. b:thanks

^ this. Though I am not against the use of hypers in FC at level 85+ just not earlier. FC was not intended as a way for a level 20 to be level 80 in a flash. At level 85 the leveling can get slowed up a bit until 95 with the Morai quest chains.

One thing I find funny being a faction leader is how many 90+ don't utilize base quests for xp.

I do find it ironic that the main argument is its boring doing all the quests at low level. Yet apparently standing around in Snowy all day hoping for the big room isn't, or running FC over and over and over and over again isn't boring?
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • michlspielt
    michlspielt Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ... for re-activate low-lvl areas with ppl with doing quests - fc wont help much - make fc lvl 75 or higher, activate big romm lvl 85 or higher and there must be NO WAY to enter for lower lvl AND make a limit for bh / fb - for ex.: fb 19 can only be enter with max lvl 39 -> 29 -> max lvl 49 and so on -> will force all ppl to help with low-lvl chars and all need to play the chars as it was the first idea from pwi - some ppl will remember the time a fb 69 with full party and still some ppl died XD - today one 2. reborn nv/r9 do it solo - thats wrong - cave is for a group - make it again for groups and make a lvl-limit (as Fiesta online) ... btw dont forget all the high lvl (now boring bc no frost selling) protect all low lvl ppl by questing outside sz - maybe pk is only possible with a 5 or 10 lvl difference - protect all the low-lvl so they can do quests and wont be the punshingball for boring lvl 100+ XD
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It was never needed.
    On my main, I did a lot of FCCs, but the more chars I made, the fewer FCCs I went to, because I found out I didn't need to. And this was prior to the RB release.

After RB, I rarely went to FCC. Maybe once or twice per char. I leveled so fast I didn't feel the need. Didn't even Nix Vally either.
    One friend of mine started the RB process on one of there chars before I did, so they had a hefty level lead on me. They FCC'd 5-8 times per day, while I did none. You would think my friend would have gotten to 100 before me, but nope, I won the race.

However, I think it should be an option, like all things. The more variety of things to do and ways to do it, the better. Limiting it to 70+ to enter would be just fine.

If the gear made from the mats farmed in the old FCC was still useful I would say turn it back to a farming instance, but unfortunately no one really stays in that zone long enough to make it something people would really want. Unless they wanted to quadruple the amount of mats that dropped so it could be farmed faster XD Cuz I would farm some sets if that was the case, because I'm an obsessive armor hoarder and like nifty things. I always wanted a set of that gold armor, and was super-sad when I found out it was never going to be possible b:cry
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just put it back to how it was before this update. The time for restrictions was three years ago. Not now when there's very few new players and most of the chars you see in FC are alts or people rebirthing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I can see Sylen demanding FC restriction after servers are closed.

I was on slow project to level alt openers for PV but disabling hypers on FC slowed it even further. Its tedious and boring but I personally am not even interested in playing the game with said toons. All I care is having them at 100 for PV opening and buffing. If you guys dont like FC, dont do it, just shut up and let the ones who get what they want from FC have it.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I've said i in many other threads but it always falls on deaf ears:
    Leveling as it were 3 years ago is different from what leveling means since New Horizons. For new players to reach competitive levels they don't only need g16/r9 gear, they need to hit lv100 3 times + farm Sky levels. Most people who shame on hyperstones are already lv100 themselves for ages and forgot how it used to be, and personally most of them seem to be the bigger crybabies than those who leveled using FCC.

With truly disabling hypers/FCC's potential of leveling it will turn into Nirvana Palace: abandoned and never looked back at, untill someone needs the title quest. Along with no hypers in FCC, there is little to no content that can be done to level properly at lv90+ to still keep up with today's content expansions. Old things like general questing, BH, Cycle Stone, Paperclip Villa, PV, to do all those you're talking about 4 hours minimum p/day for a mere 15% exp (without PV, don't know howmuch full squad of lv90's get per run).
    No vast stream of new players will endure that pace of progress whilst being heavily outclassed in everything that isn't PvE, only knowing that they have to do that three times over.

Whether or not someone "powerleveled" through FCC or not means nothing to their knowledge of the game. I still see r9r3's, 2 year+ players who don't know anything about things that are considered common knowledge, or are even aware of the fact that there are PWI Forums with miles and miles of information. I cringe every time one of those questions arrise but I have not once blamed it on FCC and hypers.

I would be fine with the previous FCC, I would also be fine with Lv75+ FCC, but with allowing hypers in there nomatter what. There is no reason to fully close an instance down over complaints about ignorance, no instance or game will make a difference in that.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I don't understand the hatred for FC. I don't understand how BH, PV is any better to your cause. Games are no longer about taking 10 years to level. If you want to limit leveling because it's what you want, then you have to make other changes too. Seriously look at some other games. If you/they want to limit it in this way you are going to have to make changes similar to *** allowing low levels with low gear level to be able to compete on the same levels as the top gear/level people.

PWI quests really suck. I know they upped the rewards etc, but you can do quests at one level and travel all over the damn place, then a level or 2 later come back to the same place for more quests and travel all over the damn place again. This happens especially early on. They really need to streamline that. I just leveled an archer to 28 last night and skipped a ton of quests because it's just faster and easier to kill mobs and do only the ones that pair nicely.

Leveling isn't paying to win. You guys should be more pissed about cards and r9 gear. You don't win by leveling, you just get a chance to start competing. You can learn your class later. If people are unskillful in squad, you can kick them. But you cannot dictate how someone else wants to play the game.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ... for re-activate low-lvl areas with ppl with doing quests - fc wont help much - make fc lvl 75 or higher, activate big romm lvl 85 or higher and there must be NO WAY to enter for lower lvl AND make a limit for bh / fb - for ex.: fb 19 can only be enter with max lvl 39 -> 29 -> max lvl 49 and so on -> will force all ppl to help with low-lvl chars and all need to play the chars as it was the first idea from pwi - some ppl will remember the time a fb 69 with full party and still some ppl died XD - today one 2. reborn nv/r9 do it solo - thats wrong - cave is for a group - make it again for groups and make a lvl-limit (as Fiesta online) ... btw dont forget all the high lvl (now boring bc no frost selling) protect all low lvl ppl by questing outside sz - maybe pk is only possible with a 5 or 10 lvl difference - protect all the low-lvl so they can do quests and wont be the punshingball for boring lvl 100+ XD

The max levels on FBs would be counter to how the game started, since the FB quest gives higher tier rewards for every level over 10, up to a max of 40 over (so 59 for FB19). Granted it's a lot more fun doing FBs with a whole squad of at level players, but they gave the higher tiers so people wouldn't be stuck on a culti for days.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I don't understand the hatred for FC. I don't understand how BH, PV is any better to your cause. Games are no longer about taking 10 years to level. If you want to limit leveling because it's what you want, then you have to make other changes too. Seriously look at some other games. If you/they want to limit it in this way you are going to have to make changes similar to *** allowing low levels with low gear level to be able to compete on the same levels as the top gear/level people.

PWI quests really suck. I know they upped the rewards etc, but you can do quests at one level and travel all over the damn place, then a level or 2 later come back to the same place for more quests and travel all over the damn place again. This happens especially early on. They really need to streamline that. I just leveled an archer to 28 last night and skipped a ton of quests because it's just faster and easier to kill mobs and do only the ones that pair nicely.

Leveling isn't paying to win. You guys should be more pissed about cards and r9 gear. You don't win by leveling, you just get a chance to start competing. You can learn your class later. If people are unskillful in squad, you can kick them. But you cannot dictate how someone else wants to play the game.
    It's not so much a hatred for FCC, but for what FCC has done to the quality of the community, and the overall gameplay.

The gear issue is more about power creep.

Think about it though, if people spent less time in FCC and more time out playing the game, in other instances, helping lower-leveled/newer players in farming their gear, and doing something other than just focusing on the END...
    Doesn't that just naturally promote a better social environment in the game overall and improve the experience of the game for all players? (Ok, well excluding those that are solely focused on reaching then end and then sitting and whining about having nothing interesting to do.)

Seriously, look at the larger picture. My personal vote is on allowing hyers in FCC for the higher level ranges, but putting a hard limit on the entrance and hyper usage inside.

My personal opinion is a hard restriction on hypers on all maps below level 50, restricted below 85 in FCC, and the entrance limit to be actually limited below 75 as it was intended.
    but this poll is just for FCC so I kept the options limited. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There's no poll option for keeping it the way it is currently, with no hypers at all. That would be my preference.

It's very easy to level 1-80 with quests. 80-90 can be done in current FCC (without hypers). 90+ can be done in PV and Morai.
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There's no poll option for restoring farming mode while keeping hyperable mode. Now with reincarnations Kitty wouldn't restrict access to 75+, but to 70+. It's easy to get from 60 to 70 within PV-token, but it sucks to be unable to level any further without doing multitude of quests(even better if did those already as non-rb when there's no quests left). And questing sucks when doing those same quests like 15th time, Kittysaid. Anyone who's leveled multitude of mains to 100 knows the pain of getting stuck at 59 or 74 when leveling back after rb.

They could revive farming mode and turn nirvy into farming place for upgrades. Kitty would love to see some more attack-based G16-set(like T2 on some steroids).(E: Kitty found her old post about how she thought about it Link to some old post.)
    Also, for the sake of RT's merchants, they better fix FC to hyperable again. Otherwise Kitty stays merching keeping marginals low and thus making most ppl's merchanting unprofitable.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It's not so much a hatred for FCC, but for what FCC has done to the quality of the community, and the overall gameplay.

The gear issue is more about power creep.

Think about it though, if people spent less time in FCC and more time out playing the game, in other instances, helping lower-leveled/newer players in farming their gear, and doing something other than just focusing on the END...
    Doesn't that just naturally promote a better social environment in the game overall and improve the experience of the game for all players? (Ok, well excluding those that are solely focused on reaching then end and then sitting and whining about having nothing interesting to do.)

Seriously, look at the larger picture. My personal vote is on allowing hyers in FCC for the higher level ranges, but putting a hard limit on the entrance and hyper usage inside.

My personal opinion is a hard restriction on hypers on all maps below level 50, restricted below 85 in FCC, and the entrance limit to be actually limited below 75 as it was intended.
    but this poll is just for FCC so I kept the options limited. :)

Why are communities only made below 50? I do run into few game play dumb people every now and then, but I tend to think they are that way because it is who they are. I know people who have played as long as me who know nothing of their class and still end up in squads with me.

I also do not think limiting FC will revive anything below levels 80+, or even 100+. Today's gamer wants to get max level and start playing where the real fun is. Old time gamers think anyone who does that is not even worth playing.

When we started on the server it was fresh and new. We had low lvl TW's. It was great fun leveling and gearing and competing.... People starting today will not have that, cannot have that and I think that is where the actual friendships and community ties were made. Those days are long gone unless PWI institutes something that allows those players to actually be involved in that kind of stuff. Level 60's showing to NW get squashed, yes there is a buff but it can't overcome endgame players. It can't even give them a chance even if they know their skills. The new TW buff will not be enough.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I believe in restricting its use for 74 and under. I personally don't have 15 alts so for getting myself to level in pv so I use ff.
    For the restriction well we should be showing our "noobs" that there is more to this game instead of that cold dungeon :p
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just put it back to how it was before this update. The time for restrictions was three years ago. Not now when there's very few new players and most of the chars you see in FC are alts or people rebirthing.

I agree 100%

The train is long gone and demand this now is a total bull**** request to be honest. Just make it like it was and everyone is happy. when you dislike fc its fine but for rebirth and stuff its very useful.

I dont like fc too much because i ran is too often now (made good coin back then when my gear was nirvana g13 with +4 armor) but now even for leveling over the lv 100 mark its just not worth it.
    PV gives so much more exp and questing?
    Realy? You want to bring old PWI players back to questing? i dont think so mate. i done questing back then when tideborn wasnt out yet but i would never go back to questing alone to levelup.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I'd be all for restricting FCC to lvl75+ but considering the changes brought since New Horizons... I'll go with changing it back to what it was before this update.

I know very well that leveling up without FCC is really easy these days. I raised a toon on Morai really fast without FCC (though I abandoned her since I don't have time for alts) but at this point we might as well leave FCC be.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I liked the very first frost set up with the jades and stuff.Alot of nub scrubs here that never had the chance to play in that epic setting.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There's no poll option for keeping it the way it is currently, with no hypers at all. That would be my preference.

It's very easy to level 1-80 with quests. 80-90 can be done in current FCC (without hypers). 90+ can be done in PV and Morai.

No saying? You go and lvl up your chars 80-90 in FCC without hypering. You go and do PV and Morai for your lvl90+ chars. I dont want to. I want lvl up in FC.
    The stupidity or inteligence of some players has nothing to do with FC. This is the way they are. Some ppl are stupid or inteligent no matter if they power lvl their chars in FC or they lvl up other ways.
    giphy.gif

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2014
    Options

The way it is now with no hypers at all is very similar to the old solo mode from the first option, but without the material drops. I'll have to dig into one of my older server builds to be able to compare the bosses and exp/spirit levels between current and original.
    Why are communities only made below 50?
    I didn't say that communities are only made below level 50. Have you seriously played through the lower levels here recently though?

The main point is to introduce new players to their basic skills, and gameplay. As it is you can do that without hypers with just a few hours and practically solo everything, including your FB's without any assistance from another player. (Assuming you're keen on learning how your character works, and there are going to be a couple of obvious exceptions to the squishy classes.)

After the few hours of "basic training" you can pay-to-fail at your hearts content.

I'm familiar with todays gamers. It's why mainstream titles (like the Elder Scrolls series) have gone from something interesting and challenging (like Morrowind), to something so dumbed down a monkey could do it and there's no option for failure (like Skyrim).
    It's about intant gratification, not actually playing the game.

An MMO is meant to be played, and should have a good community.
    Currently PWI is not far off from other games like the browser MMO that starts with an E and I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of it is. (Basically, the game in general has come very close to shutting down completely several times due to the community and power creep.) I'll edit this later when I recall the name. used to see the ads all over, but I don't get ads anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This is one of the things asked about a lot in suggestions!

I shall keep my eye here.

Thanks,

My personal opinion i reckon it should be locked to Lv 75+ INC RAs. Time will Tell.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The way it is now with no hypers at all is very similar to the old solo mode from the first option, but without the material drops. I'll have to dig into one of my older server builds to be able to compare the bosses and exp/spirit levels between current and original.

I didn't say that communities are only made below level 50. Have you seriously played through the lower levels here recently though?

The main point is to introduce new players to their basic skills, and gameplay. As it is you can do that without hypers with just a few hours and practically solo everything, including your FB's without any assistance from another player. (Assuming you're keen on learning how your character works, and there are going to be a couple of obvious exceptions to the squishy classes.)

After the few hours of "basic training" you can pay-to-fail at your hearts content.

I'm familiar with todays gamers. It's why mainstream titles (like the Elder Scrolls series) have gone from something interesting and challenging (like Morrowind), to something so dumbed down a monkey could do it and there's no option for failure (like Skyrim).

Currently PWI is not far off from other games like the browser MMO that starts with an E and I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of it is. (Basically, the game in general has come very close to shutting down completely several times due to the community and power creep.) I'll edit this later when I recall the name. used to see the ads all over, but I don't get ads anymore.

Actually playing through the lower levels is what I do. Aside from my cleric I haven't successfully leveled anything else. I get to about 93 and quit the toon. Might log it for cube or something every so often. I get bored and just stick to my cleric. Community can be built at level 100+. You can learn basics through just a few hours of gameplay. After that you can fail as you please. But the people being complained about at game play are just always going to be bad.

Wanted to add that skills do not need to be learnt one at a time. You can get 100 get all your skills, read and try them out.
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    [QUOTE=An MMO is meant to be played, and should have a good community.
    Currently PWI is not far off from other games like the browser MMO that starts with an E and I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of it is. (Basically, the game in general has come very close to shutting down completely several times due to the community and power creep.) I'll edit this later when I recall the name. used to see the ads all over, but I don't get ads anymore.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to Everquest?

I'd vote for returning FC to how it was before this update since rebirth is now a thing. I know I for one don't feel like leveling each toon the slow way yet again 2 more times per toon.

And with the bot system people can technically hit 100 eventually and not have done anything other than log into the game to turn bot on. The auto cultivation just gets annoying when I'm trying to do a daily and have a bunch of bots running around making the quest a pain to get done. Base Quest anyone?
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This is nothing against you but i thought i should point out a few problems in your argument.

I've counted EXP received from FC without hypers (mainly in bigrooms). It's just not worth the time and effort for any 'new' player. Averaging about 260-500k exp up until bigroom w/o silkworms. It takes 4m EXP just to level in the early 80's, which means that you will need to run Fc about 8x for 1 level, and with the EXP curve PWI has, it end up being closer to 60-80 Fc's just to get through the 80's, assuming 1hr per run at that level, thats 60-80+ hours of play time. That's ludacris. Note im using this level range as an example, because this is where i feel comfortable taking any toon into a random squad. And that's only slightly. My toons have full tt80- gold sets with full shards and +4-5 refines. A new player wont have anywhere near that.

Go try to solo fb19 Den of Rabid wolves on an untamed class. Or any of the FB's of the original classes. It's nigh impossible even with a full understanding of the class, assuming you have the level of the instance.

Level 1-50 is not a few hours, maybe about a week questing. But this sentence is asserting all cash players are fail, which is a foolish assumption.

Wrong. Even if someone is power leveling, it is still playing the game. If you agree with the fact that different things are good for different people, then you make yourself out to be a hypocrite. Instant gratification or not, playing the game is playing the game, you don't get to change what something means because you don't think it fits. You don't think Skyrim was interesting or challenging? Maybe someone else does. Don't try to opinionate fact. Obviously if Skyrim wasn't interesting, why do so many gamers like it? Because it interest them, is the obvious answer.

You seem have this idea that an MMO is meant to be played a particular way, and I would say you are wrong. The reason why people like MMO's in the first place, is because it gives them the option of playing the way they like, with or without others. If you wanted a linear path for how a game is played, just stick to console games.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    DionDagger wrote:
    Go try to solo fb19 Den of Rabid wolves on an untamed class. Or any of the FB's of the original classes. It's nigh impossible even with a full understanding of the class, assuming you have the level of the instance.

Actually I soloed my own FB19 on a barb, HA veno, cleric, sin, seeker, and mystic in the dreamchaser gear. And I didn't even know all the ins and outs of HA venos! The dreamchaser gear + free charms and pots makes it stupid easy to do that now. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Also the definition of play is "to exercise or employ oneself in diversion, amusement, or recreation," according to the dictionary. If you buy FC heads you aren't playing the game. You are paying to allow others to play it for you. The person soloing the room is for you is playing the game. People who bot or purchase heads aren't playing the game. You are not actively engaged in doing anything. You aren't employing yourself to level, you're having someone else do it. And the purpose of killing the heads is not amusement or recreation. It's paying someone else to do what you consider "work," so that you can move past the part you do not enjoy and play the game. By it's very definition people a bot and someone who is buying heads are not playing the game.

And one is not a hypocrite to agree that different things are good for different people while simultaneously acknowledging that what might be fine for a few individuals is bad for the community. That's just acknowledging basic social science.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nzer0
    nzer0 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

i agree +1
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    so whatever happen to people's own choices? so now ya are gonna decide what people should do and not do to lvl up? maybe ya should also decide if we should do bh/quests and armors we should wear..and maybe put it on for us and control our toons to do what you want when you want it.

fc/botting/grinding/farming should be back to the way it was stop restricking people from choosing their way to lvl up and make coins not everyone can be on the pc all day or got money to waste on a game to get their **** the easy bought way

they should rename this game to perfect communist world all hail...oh wait my bad
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    while we're restricting hyper usage in there can we also litter the places with higher level stunning sealing mobs, half of them with 50% phy resist and half with mag resist? b:thanks sorta like a spiff up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Compromise:

Bring FCC back into the game with hypers, and put a bar in their player info that can be looked up, or added above their title. This will show what % before lvl 100 had their XP earned in FCC. FCC'ers get their hyper leveling in there, everyone against it can decide whether they want to risk them being clueless about their class during invites. Everyone gets what they want, except for the whole lack of early community thing.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We may as well have everyone start off at 100 w/ Vacuity Cultivatoin and all skills up to that point learned. Since thats where everyone is/where the game "begins" and everyone can "figure out the game" from just a few hours of play~

Erase all the other "unimportant and outdated" content while we're at it. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
This discussion has been closed.