Goodbye from Fuzzy

fuzzywuzz
fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
This is going to be long, multiple threads, and I don't care if you read it.

I have put countless hours into the forums for PWI without a single modicum of a thank you. I never expected one. The community never needed to give one. Being a Moderator I knew would be thankless, but as I have survived many CM's, many GM's and many Mods, I want, and perhaps deserve to have a moment to stand on a soap box.

It has been my immense pride to serve as a Moderator for PWI for many years. Longer than any you have ever had. For the last while I know I have been far less than active. I am sorry to the rest of the Moderator team for leaving the bulk of the work on their back. I am more than sure they feel frustration dealing with not only the community but more so the management.

I am the oldest currently posting Moderator PWI has. I am the longest serving Moderator this game has ever had in its history. I have served longer than any Mod or CM.

I was elected by the community itself to have the opportunity to present myself as a Mod. I was elated, stunned, honoured and humbled by the chance. When I was first offered the chance it was a true challenge I looked forward too. I was, and still am, amazed the player base itself choose me to be a Mod. It wasn't a decision from a GM, but one from the players themselves.

I took that to heart.

Fuzzy is a persona that I, as a average player took on in-game to further my own enjoyment. The fact it grew to become a persona that players across every server came to know was amazing to me. I don't know of many other players in the history of this game who can World Chat their name, then or now, on ALL servers and gain recognition for it. Love it or hate it, Fuzzy is Fuzzy.

I don't wish to depart on a negative note but at this point it cannot be helped.

You, PWI, have neglected your player base.

In game it is bad enough, I hope you are more than aware. Broken instances with each update, broken promises, faulty attempts at rewards, action not taken against those who abuse game mechanics for personal benefit, this list is endless at this point and not worth continuing. It has been and is more than disgusting.

As it stands however, that isn't why I finally resign as a Moderator.

When I was first granted the honour of being a Mod, the PWI forum community was very strong. Each week with the update looming, the patch thread would be 1000's of responses and pages long. We had active Community Managers who would at the very least try to communicate with the population and address their concerns. Now the community is left to fend for themselves in the dark and grope around, nothing being said from those who administer the game. Negativity has grown like a cancer among the community without so much as a response from you who administer the game.

The online forum community for my beloved PWI has metastasized into a horrible malignant cancer where they always expect the worst from you who made my beloved game. This is the fault of the game management.

This is not a singular phenomenon due to the mismanagement of the game that presents some isolated incident. It is only due to lack of communication to the community to the point they feel they are being completely ignored. They feel you, PWI, have no concern for the well being of the game that so many thousands participate in and love.

Communication is KEY and yet somehow the player base of (?) thousands feel utterly and completely alone. They feel ignored and dejected, abused and forgotten.

Ask any Moderator here, log in and ask any player, make a news post or a facebook post and PLEASE come to terms with this truth. The players of PWI feel a complete disconnection from those who provide the content they use.
[SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
Sig by NowItsAwn
Post edited by fuzzywuzz on

Comments

• fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2013
    The fact that the management of PWI has chosen to ignore the requests of its own players to the extent it does today manifests itself now in each and almost every forum post.

PWI expects its players to languish in a grey zone with absolutely no direction or communication from those who administer the game and that can no longer be forgiven on my part.

Months without a Community Manager cannot be forgiven. Another new update with weeks of broken instance and nothing being said cannot be forgiven.

How can loyal players be expected to continue to derive enjoyment from a game without direction or explanation? A simple GM response of "working on it" would work. When will the next broken patch expect a fix? Yet again, no answer. Never ever an answer anymore. It is beyond the pale.

How can a community be expected to keep the faith and continue to enjoy what is supposed to be a diversion when all we see in nothing? The community begs to the void for a response yet the management is silent.

At this point, from what I read from the community and know to be true from in game, all it would take is perhaps an mea culpa from you the management? I am not going to hold my breath for anything close to that.

Communication is key to the longevity of any MMO, yet PWI seems confused on how to provide such a simple fig leaf to their community of devoted players.

All Fuzzy, and I, ever wanted to provide was help. I have been stifled from doing so from the management of this game.

It is somehow for the last few years disorganized, lacking in vision, and seemingly not wanting to communicate with all of us who play the game.

PWI is beloved to me. I hold many cherished memories of my years here, however, all being said, it wasn't yet another broken update or another advancement of the power creep that finally broke the panda's back.

THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION BROKE THE PANDAS BACK

~Fuzzy b:sad
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Good bye Fuzzy. You will be missed b:sad
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't necessarily disagree, but to be honest a mod posting this and stickying it is complete and utter BS.

Hope the thread gets removed and - if - you had a legal contract when you got the position, I'd reread it, because I'm fairly sure you just broke it.

Good luck in whatever you do.
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yet DefenderOfDreams dare say releasing an early expansion is the "compensation" (since it was POSTED ON THE COMPENSATION THREAD) and made it seem like players actually desired it.

My question is when did PWI ever gained the player base's TRUST in order to even consider this as a way of sweeping the matter of giving away literally hundreds of Dragon Orbs away to glitchers AND letting them get away with it without even properly administering punishment. And, when did the playerbase trust PWI to launch an error free expansion considering the amount of glitches and negligence in the past 2 expansions?

Anyways, thank you for the raising awareness of the truth, but I think most of us know already and choose to ignore it because it's seen as "Nothing can be done about it, PWI just has garbage management".
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    SSing both threads as I have no doubt this will be removed in the morning.

Good-bye Fuzzy. Good luck with everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    I don't necessarily disagree, but to be honest a mod posting this and stickying it is complete and utter BS.

Hope the thread gets removed and - if - you had a legal contract when you got the position, I'd reread it, because I'm fairly sure you just broke it.

Good luck in whatever you do.

I don't think they are paid considering it was a community vote to choose the Mod, unless you're saying the community wrote the contract for him.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2013
    you had a legal contract

Contract?

Pull the other leg.. All I did for years was attempt to placate the community in the absence of direction from HQ.

They never provided a thank you, a "whats next", an any anything but expect Fuzzy to suck up the negativity the community poured into them in droves. It has come to this on their watch, not mine.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Take care of you Fuzzy and good luck in whatever you do.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2013
    Every CM PWI has offered to the community has been amazing to me. I don't mean to degrade them personally.

Every GM I have had contact with has also been nothing but truthful to me however, a rudderless ship is bound to sink.

I have resisted seeing this for too long, now.... not so much....
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Contract?

Pull the other leg.. All I did for years was attempt to placate the community in the absence of direction from HQ.

They never provided a thank you, a "whats next", an any anything but expect Fuzzy to suck up the negativity the community poured into them in droves. It has come to this on their watch, not mine.

You seem to have an amazing business mind-set. I'm sure your skills will come in handy somewhere else. It's clear that the PWI management has no sense of vision, a solid team to develop a strategy for issues management and unethical organizational culture towards their player base.

Good luck with everything :)
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2013
    has no sense of vision, a solid team to develop a strategy for issues management and unethical organizational culture towards their player base.

Took me too long to see it, I am sad for it, and still love my game. Personally, I have no grudge against the GM's I have known, but it is all adrift in the sea, lost to the waves....
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2013
    Contract?

Yes I assumed by taking on a moderator role you'd be contractually obligated to not stir **** up on the forums by posting something like this. I was wrong.

The expansion was great, most things work fine, everything else will be sorted out eventually. They finally brought life back into the game and the first thing a moderator of this game/forum does is cry about not getting a thank you from daddy.

Seriously, how old do you have to be to get this position?

Very disappointed.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2013
    Seriously, how old do you have to be to get this position?

At this point? 2? Who's gonna notice, they never check. b:sad

That's half of Fuzzy's point.

edit:

And if you think the fact that some of the content works, please go back and read my posts, it has little to do with content, more to do with lack of communication.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2013
    At this point? 2? Who's gonna notice, they never check. b:sad

That's half of Fuzzy's point.

Then I sincerely hope your lack of maturity clears that part up and they check the next time they hand out mod status.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2013
    go go go... ask em if you can have the job if all u think it takes is being mature.

Hey, there is even an open spot now.
    "Nothing can be done about it, PWI just has garbage management".

It isn't so much bad management as NO management.

Yea, they **** up, but communication is key. None of that = no more me.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Who's this nab?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fuzzy...You Sir will be missed and you are 100% right. I am sad to see you go but i cant say i didnt see it comming. Pwi just is not the game it used to be. Cheers to ya my Barb Brother. Tonight i drink to TheFuzzy.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2013
    Panda hates you too ShortKnife
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I couldn't agree more Fuzzy. You may remember me, Tremblewith. We used to have our different views on things, but always came to agreement when it came to the goon glitch fiasco. Times have changed for all of us, and PWE still refuses to fix any of the issues resulting on their end. The expansion is pretty solid and enjoyable, but what about the recent orb fiasco, or the in-game bugs, or the lack of any staff in-game and on the forums?

I completely understand where you are coming from.

PWE needs to wake up and realize that this game isn't just Forsaken World, or another title of theirs - it's the flag-ship Angelica Engine game that their company is named after. It's ludicrous to run this game to the ground when it has so much potential... And yet, PWE still doesn't get it. I've been part of this community for all five years. I've grown sick and tired of how players are treated by staff of this company, and how the forums have grown stagnant with no help from PWE staff. All of this is enough, but there's more. ARC being pushed on players is another major issue, and the lack of a core CM (because they refuse to hire one) for this title is another.

PWE, wake up. DoD or Synch - contact your bosses and let them know that a permanent CM needs to be placed on these forums, and with great haste. Also, more contact with the player base is a must.

Good luck on whatever you do Fuzzy. You will be missed.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Then I sincerely hope your lack of maturity clears that part up and they check the next time they hand out mod status.

You're an idiot. Everything Fuzzy stated is the TRUTH. Not stir up shet? The players themselves have done it with the 500 page long thread in the compensation section. The last time I checked "maturity" didn't exist in the current PWI community. Fuzzy has done this for years, if you're so gung ho about it why don't you take his position? Take every concern every player across each server posting on the forums and responding to it with lack of communication by the head office.
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hojuken come back when your less drunk and make even a little sence
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited December 2013
    why don't you take his position?

Kudos to whoever does, and lets not forget, MUCH LOVE to the mods who keep with it.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited December 2013

Lol, what are you on Hoju? Fuzzy has been doing the Mod thing for years. There's no contract, and he worked for free. PWE has pulled a lot of stuff in the past, and Fuzzy stuck by them even after all of it. He had to deal with upset players and the non-existent staff of PWE.

Being a moderator on a reasonably popular message board offers little but personal satisfaction, and you have absolutely no right after what Fuzzy has done, to state that his maturity level is lacking.

How idiotic.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Since you made two threads I guess I'll post a more serious response here:

With all due respect, you're naive as hell.

Dude, check the business reports for -ANY- competing F2P MMO. It's all the same. Talks of poor management, corruption, terrible depressing work atmosphere, etc etc etc.

As sad as it is and as much as you may disagree with it? This seems to be the standard for this line of business. The management is seen as a secondary, somewhat optional service, neccesary only for billing issues, fixing serious problems and the works. I cannot for the life of me name an MMO where communication remained as a constant or where GMs remained active and happy for ages. They all end up suffering from the same attitudes of apathy and depression from the managers, mostly because the work they do is either underappreciated or seems to make little difference as the developers end up calling all the shots anyways, rather unwilling to hear out any advice or suggestions from the management itself.

I play PWI because for what it's worth, the whiners who constantly complain about the state of the game, saying it's dead and PWI has the worst support team ever? Hell no, I've seen worse and I've heard that whole skit before, it ain't true. And while I'm not excusing any failings of PWI or calling it perfect (no, I could name a rather massive flaw with the management), I think it's naive and unrealistic to consider these crimes against humanity because...this is sadly, simply how it is with this business. I hang onto PWI because for all the mistakes made just like every other MMO? The development team AT LEAST knows what they're doing from a development perspective. They're very clever and constantly come up with ways to correct errors or add a new spark to the game, and I'd definitely put my money on PWI as one of the F2P MMO's to outlast the others.

Having said all of that, I guess overall my point would be that for as valid of criticisms as you may have (I don't know, I'm not you and I don't know what you've experienced), don't be TOO hard on them or you're just gonna make an already negative community even more negative. Yes we should complain and yes we should always be aiming and driving for improvement, but this is, quite sadly, standard in this line of business... On that note? Never take a mod offer again. Not because I'm calling you undeserving, but because I've been there and it's just not worth it whatsoever. Only brings stress and the pay is ***.

BEST case scenario of how we could walk away from this? Keep those little tards that cry "BAAAAAWW WORST GAME EVER THAT'S WHY I PLAY IT EVERY DAY BAAAAAW HOPE U BURN PWI" out of here and let's hope PWI can hear some rather respectful complaints and react to them productively and respectfully.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey Fuzzy!

I dont read/talk on this forum often, but I am really proud of you for stepping out of shadow and let us know what we are all feeling for months anyway. These treads will probably be removed but I do wanna thank you for all you have done for gamer community in PWI, we do appreciate it Fuzzy!

Now I really hope they hear our voice because us gamers keep PWI rolling, but each month they lose more and more players with all BS they do. I hope they find someone capable of doing their job right, or at least someone who CARES to communicate with us.

Just some examples of their fails in last months:

-messed up Arch server so much that it needed a rollback
    -gave out broken code as compensation for +10 orbs which got abused all over servers multiple times
    -removed the code but gave another code for all players which gives 5 hypers... yes they think 5 hypers can be compared to 20+ orbs that many ppl got
    -players who abused the code are still laughing at rest of ppl who didnt get any orb every day without punishment
    -after New Horizon expansion they promised us tons of events/giveaways but guess what.. none of them works!
    -after trying to fix events they messed it up even more since now NW doesnt work, faction bases are locked, ppl cant enter delta, bh51 is messed up too and on top of all events STILL dont work because Santa appears at 20:00 and we cant exchange token for launcher coz on last token it says 18:00 time.
    -ok to be fair.. only thing they really fixed is the font of players names/factions....

Cant really blame so many ppl to go look for another games after all this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2013
    My point exactly.

All the drama queens are going to jump on the bandwagon and QQ about the crappy management and/or game and create even more negativity.

I don't give a damn how long he's been a mod, this thread shouldn't have happened.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I guess I'll throw my two cents in as well.

I mostly agree with Fuzzy here. Some of the GMs and CMs I've managed to speak to personally to (in-game or through PMs or just here on the forums) turned out to be great people. Some of them really do seem to care.
    However, there is not much you can do when the higher ups order you to do things or not do things and I'll take the freedom to assume that some of the GMs themselves are left in the dark. Needless to say, most of us know that they have very few GMs to handle all these titles. What can they do though? They work for a living, they can't just risk getting fired. Understandable.

I still enjoy the core of the game so I've been around for years but this doesn't mean I'm not displeased with how they've been managing things, time and again, regardless of whether this is a tred with the MMO world.
    The expansion is great and they did a good job releasing it early but it's honestly just fluff of "ooh shiny new stuff!" to keep us distracted from the real problems (but damn it's working for me lol).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    My point exactly.

All the drama queens are going to jump on the bandwagon and QQ about the crappy management and/or game and create even more negativity.

I don't give a damn how long he's been a mod, this thread shouldn't have happened.

Actually you're the one who's creating more negativity LOL. and causing drama. #givehimattention
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited December 2013
    My point exactly.

Or...

Maybe this will make PWE come to terms with the fact that the player base is on a steady decline and the forums are stagnant with no permanent CM and lack of any PWE staff what-so-ever.

If we play the complacent game, then PWE will never change. This will result in PWI dying out rapidly, with the only remaining players being addicts and cash-shoppers.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    My point exactly.

Well I can understand if he felt "trapped" AKA this is his ONLY option to try and get anything done...

But yeah these threads are gonna attract the people who complain because complaining is trendy and NOT actually those who have like...yknow, valid complaints and reasons to have those complaints.

So yespls, let's take these threads with a grain of salt and be objective with our criticism and not "LET'S BURN DOWN PWI HEADQUARTERS IT'S TIME FOR THE PEOPLE TO BE HEARD" or some ridiculous drama queen bullcrap.
    I <3 AGOREY
This discussion has been closed.