New "stun" skill effect

Options

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    How exactly do you spend a spark to block dragon rising? The channeling on Wings of Grace is more than twice as long as the channeling on Dragon Rising and the anti stun it gives you doesn't work.

Likely spark invincibility but... timing that thing is not gonna be easy at all. >.>
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    What's next? Veno in stealth? Oh gosh I hopeb:victory
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • MystieMoon - Dreamweaver
    MystieMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have not really read every post but I wanted to leave some input as a fellow magic class with puri.

My personal opinions is that firstly, PWI is an MMO - It's sort of expected we should be playing as a group, together, making social connections online, friends, enemys, it's pretty much a second life.

With the intent of this being a game to play with others (sometimes you get ganked, sometimes you get 1v1s) - with the mass PK when puri is vital, I find that the new stun is actually a really good thing, it doesn't allow us a get out of jail free card but it does allow us to rely on our fellow team mates more, and work as a team on an MMO - I have to depend on my fellow pk buddies to stop whoever is spam paralyzing me, (as a team) - It makes the game more exciting, it makes me rely on my friends more instead of what was once an overpowered proc. Sometimes it works in our favor, sometimes it doesn't - It wasn't exactly fair to the melee classes doing all this work to kill someone then POOF puri- It kinda sucks for us, it was a really nice life saver, and it STILL is a very powerful and useful proc, but it's fair that the close-range melee classes get something like this, life was really too difficult for them with the puri, we could just run away, and it's not really skill, that was luck of the proc - We still have our proc, it's just going to work a little less- if anything this skill has balanced the PVP field a little if anything.

Let the melee class keep their skill, we had our fun with our Houdini skills, now give them a fair chance, and remind your teammates to get those poopers off you when needed! - Team work all around

b:victory

Wow a post that isn't 100% self centered! b:shocked

That was so beautiful b:cry and I agree b:victory
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have not really read every post but I wanted to leave some input as a fellow magic class with puri.

My personal opinions is that firstly, PWI is an MMO - It's sort of expected we should be playing as a group, together, making social connections online, friends, enemys, it's pretty much a second life.

With the intent of this being a game to play with others (sometimes you get ganked, sometimes you get 1v1s) - with the mass PK when puri is vital, I find that the new stun is actually a really good thing, it doesn't allow us a get out of jail free card but it does allow us to rely on our fellow team mates more, and work as a team on an MMO - I have to depend on my fellow pk buddies to stop whoever is spam paralyzing me, (as a team) - It makes the game more exciting, it makes me rely on my friends more instead of what was once an overpowered proc. Sometimes it works in our favor, sometimes it doesn't - It wasn't exactly fair to the melee classes doing all this work to kill someone then POOF puri- It kinda sucks for us, it was a really nice life saver, and it STILL is a very powerful and useful proc, but it's fair that the close-range melee classes get something like this, life was really too difficult for them with the puri, we could just run away, and it's not really skill, that was luck of the proc - We still have our proc, it's just going to work a little less- if anything this skill has balanced the PVP field a little if anything.

Let the melee class keep their skill, we had our fun with our Houdini skills, now give them a fair chance, and remind your teammates to get those poopers off you when needed! - Team work all around

/this over 9000

People are too used to one shot everything on this game and solo everything, that they forgot that pvp and mass pvp involves two things: Strategy and Teamwork, not just your VISA.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Why have the proc in the first place then? So then what happens to all the classes without Tidal, Puri, or the new stun? No this is not a good thing. Power creeping is never a good thing. They should have just changed the proc for every robe to something different, depending on what each robe needs. The stupid thing about Puri is that some robes are a lot more mobile than other robes, yet every robe got Puri.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

I agree that this is multiplayer game, and it should be more about working together with other people, but wouldn't it be better if there was no OP skills or effects in the 1st place? Wouldn't it be better if the game was balanced?

I will probably sound hypocrite, but I never like purify spell in the 1st place. I always knew that it would bring a lot of balance issues, and that those who play non-purify would feel really frustrated. I only got purify because venos were one of the classes that were blessed with this OP prok.

Most people here who don't want the new stun effect don't want it because we feel that this was made to counter purify spell. However, not everyone has purify spell, so some classes are going to have a much harder time now. This skill leaves everyone open to any kind of crazy combo or gank w.o being able to defend yourself. You will probably say that we should rely on my partners to help defend, but sometimes not even your friends can save you: What if for example you get stunned by this new skill and then 3 sage sins attack you. Even if there was a bm around to "stun" the sins, you may still die because the bloody sins have sage tidal, and will probably resist the stun.

At least with purify people didn't die. You just didn't get to kill the one you were attacking, it's a defensive prok, but this new skill does make you die. Both this skill and purify should be nerfed.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    One of your tactics to avoid that paralyse was to "keep your distance". like really. reaaaaaally. That's like saying "one of the ways to avoid getting HF'd is to keep your distance." It's common sense. >_> Every post you seem to be talking about how underpowered BMs are which to most people is a complete joke. Sorry.

First off let me start off both the reply to you ved... and the one I will make short towards azura by saying the exact same thing. (I will also finish them both off the same way) Without further ado: The paralyze is indeed overpowered, but they do have their limits. (I was just pointing out a few of the... flaws about the skills)

This is why I hate making short one liners. Too easy to get misinterpreted.

What I meant when I said that was this: Not everyone (yes specifically bm's... but this can indeed include assassins, and even some barbs) is capable of closing distances/some people really know how to keep away from barbs/bms/and even sins (albeit for sins you constantly need to have detection pots active)... sure it isn't easy... but it is doable.

Of course it is common sense, but to me it almost seems like a lot of you have forgotten... or perhaps never experienced how tough it can be to close the distances, especially while undergeared, maybe you all are just ignoring it since you feel it doesn't play enough of a role to help. (the latter of which is very understandable even in mass pvp) Yes it is a fundamental/basic about pvp/mass pvp but just because it's a basic it doesn't mean that it can be thrown out like it no longer applies to anyone.

Their are facts about each of the skills that have... drawbacks that can potentially be exploited, perhaps not all the time, but I am sure you all are more than capable of exploiting them from time to time.

I realize I am far from perfect, and I do make some fairly bad arguments from time to time, but still I do believe I make a few good points. (even if they aren't always 100% clear)

Again the paralyze is indeed overpowered, but they do have their limits. (I was just pointing out a few of the... flaws about the skills)

I agree that this is multiplayer game, and it should be more about working together with other people, but wouldn't it be better if there was no OP skills or effects in the 1st place? Wouldn't it be better if the game was balanced?

I will probably sound hypocrite, but I never like purify spell in the 1st place. I always knew that it would bring a lot of balance issues, and that those who play non-purify would feel really frustrated. I only got purify because venos were one of the classes that were blessed with this OP prok.

Most people here who don't want the new stun effect don't want it because we feel that this was made to counter purify spell. However, not everyone has purify spell, so some classes are going to have a much harder time now. This skill leaves everyone open to any kind of crazy combo or gank w.o being able to defend yourself. You will probably say that we should rely on my partners to help defend, but sometimes not even your friends can save you: What if for example you get stunned by this new skill and then 3 sage sins attack you. Even if there was a bm around to "stun" the sins, you may still die because the bloody sins have sage tidal, and will probably resist the stun.

At least with purify people didn't die. You just didn't get to kill the one you were attacking, it's a defensive prok, but this new skill does make you die. Both this skill and purify should be nerfed.

The paralyze is indeed overpowered, but they do have their limits. (I was just pointing out a few of the... flaws about the skills)

Still I do wish to point this out:

I still can't see any bm/barb soloing 20 ppl vs 1/2 with the amount of ease casters had with purify proc.

Either way:

Again the paralyze is indeed overpowered, but they do have their limits. (I was just pointing out a few of the... flaws about the skills... even if they were basic flaws that are obviously far harder to exploit in end game play not to mention 1 on 1 fights when gear is equal.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    -Snip-

Pretty much the limit is the chi...

I personally liked a lot more PW when there was no purify spell. Back then CC skills worked like intended, but everything had a counter. Purify spell made the game too much luck based. The main reason I don't like this skills is because the only way to avoid it is by not getting hit by it.

I wish PW would have the balls to actually balance something. Every game I've been has always had some kind of nerf on something. Peopl have raged, but most keep playing anyway. If PW doesn't get some guts soon enough, people will get tired of the powercreeping and leave this game.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options

I personally liked a lot more PW when there was no purify spell. Back then CC skills worked like intended, but everything had a counter. Purify spell made the game too much luck based. The main reason I don't like this skills is because the only way to avoid it is by not getting hit by it.

I wish PW would have the balls to actually balance something. Every game I've been has always had some kind of nerf on something. Peopl have raged, but most keep playing anyway. If PW doesn't get some guts soon enough, people will get tired of the powercreeping and leave this game.

Agreed with every bit of it. :$ Very sad when the only true reliable way is to avoid being hit by it in the first place.

I do however still feel that due to the fact that barbs skill has the chance to immoblize... most people could stun the barb/and get away... but yea they could always get right back in your face until the paralyze does work.

Also a bm's paralyze does indeed have the cooldown.

Though aye neither are the big triumph card that really brings the paralyze back down to earth so to speak.

Definitely sad that the most reliable way is to avoid being hit at all... meaning keeping your distance from barbs and bm's 100% of the time... which is obviously impossible. :X

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So...apparently the Primal World forge skill note for the Venomancer Fox form skill Malefic Crush says that it's a paralyze. The skill description given to us by Asterelle, which is a direct extract of the in-game descriptions, says it's a stun.

I'm not sure which one is true considering PWI has a lot of mistakes in skill descriptions but for reference Malefic Crush is being changed to 1 spark cost, 180sec cd with a 50%-90% chance to stun (or paralyze if it's true) depending on soulforce. The skill remains a 10m radius AOE and has mana burn like the non-upgraded version.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So...apparently the Primal World forge skill note for the Venomancer Fox form skill Malefic Crush says that it's a paralyze. The skill description given to us by Asterelle, which is a direct extract of the in-game descriptions, says it's a stun.

I'm not sure which one is true considering PWI has a lot of mistakes in skill descriptions but for reference Malefic Crush is being changed to 1 spark cost, 180sec cd with a 50%-90% chance to stun (or paralyze if it's true) depending on soulforce. The skill remains a 10m radius AOE and has mana burn like the non-upgraded version.

it's paralyze. but the cd and duration makes it much more reasonable than the bm/barb version. actually a bit useless imo.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Pretty wise coming from a Veno tbh, glad non-pury classes ain't the only feeling fked with all this coming lately (Yeah, in my case, an EA).

Perhaps now we have an active CM trying to post this in the suggestion box (if not in there already), wrote in an objective way just like you have just done in your last couple posts?

It was an easy reading, easy sum-up of the situation and an easy (guts needed though) solution. Coming from nerfint the OP purfy proc and the paralyze skill.

PS: Before anyone says EA's Purge Bow is as OP as Pury... well, just get a R9rr ea and try it out, then you'll wanna trade it for a pury at such Proc :D
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    it's paralyze. but the cd and duration makes it much more reasonable than the bm/barb version. actually a bit useless imo.

agreed. I'm not sure whether to bother getting this skill.. maybe in five years when I have plenty of blood spare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Yeah Malefic having a two minute cooldown makes me heavily considering just never getting it (if I ever activeily play again that is), because that is really useless for all the other uses (really, what are you going to do as a veno with a two second paralyze that can only be used every two minutes? just throw it in to be pretty? reluct on ever using it just in case? geez...).... having a thirty second cooldown was long enough for a skill that was so... kind of weak, really. But helps in FC room groups.

*stacks flipped tables on top of each other and curls up in the first story of table tower*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Seems like the devs seriously need to update the old skills, some of them are already useless from the get go, they should review all of them and update them to something useful.

I think every class has one or two skills that's really just sitting there in skill list and no one ever uses them.
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    b:victory Love this skill gms.. Ty!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Seems like the devs seriously need to update the old skills, some of them are already useless from the get go, they should review all of them and update them to something useful.

I think every class has one or two skills that's really just sitting there in skill list and no one ever uses them.

Yep.

That's the thing, why did they update some of them skills that were already good as it is or why did they ninja nerf skills, pretending it's an update, instead of tweaking some of the skills that were useless or way too situational.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • LegendofLove - Lost City
    LegendofLove - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Are you not liking BM's new skill because ChinaTown has like 2 BMs while other guilds have 38427282 BMs who can use this skills on you?
    Well I don't like you CT Wizzies' fire combo skills either b:angry
    But you don't see people make posts and QQ, expecting their own classes to be on top while others are downgraded
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Are you not liking BM's new skill because ChinaTown has like 2 BMs while other guilds have 38427282 BMs who can use this skills on you?
    But you don't see people make posts and QQ, expecting their own classes to be on top while others are downgraded

I'm sorry but this has absolutely nothing to do about being of not in CT. At all.

It's about a broken skill that negates all other status in game, making half of the purify - faith - and rest of skills have a missmatched description because this now can't be purged. That's just not correct and shold be fixed in some way.

I don't care if they leave it there, just put a decent cd on that skill like with veno's. I'm more about QQing about EA's geting a crappy update with not even a damn skill worth geting tbh but hey, feel free to think whatever you want.

Some ppl can't avoid taking things too personal right? ^^

PS: Wow, taking a look at your faction hoping history I can just say a big WOW really
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm sorry but this has absolutely nothing to do about being of not in CT. At all.

It's about a broken skill that negates all other status in game, making half of the purify - faith - and rest of skills have a missmatched description because this now can't be purged. That's just not correct and shold be fixed in some way.

I don't care if they leave it there, just put a decent cd on that skill like with veno's. I'm more about QQing about EA's geting a crappy update with not even a damn skill worth geting tbh but hey, feel free to think whatever you want.

Some ppl can't avoid taking things too personal right? ^^

PS: Wow, taking a look at your faction hoping history I can just say a big WOW really

I am not saying you/others who feel that way shouldn't be upset about it, but I do still have a suggestion for you/others who feel this way REGARDLESS of what class you are behind.

--

I also realize many of you are probably way ahead of this suggestion but still without further ado:

Just use the bloods you saved by not getting any of the skills you deemed 'unfit' to get the new sweet passive skills. (They really are quite nice skills to get... am so guessing many of you already feel that way/are way ahead of me... still :$)

Now obviously people will eventually catch up to you, but still while others are busy getting the 'new' skills you all will be leagues ahead of them with the passive defensive/skill damage boost/crit "skills." ^^

• Socqar - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I am not saying you/others who feel that way shouldn't be upset about it, but I do still have a suggestion for you/others who feel this way REGARDLESS of what class you are behind.

--

I also realize many of you are probably way ahead of this suggestion but still without further ado:

Just use the bloods you saved by not getting any of the skills you deemed 'unfit' to get the new sweet passive skills. (They really are quite nice skills to get... am so guessing many of you already feel that way/are way ahead of me... still :$)

Now obviously people will eventually catch up to you, but still while others are busy getting the 'new' skills you all will be leagues ahead of them with the passive defensive/skill damage boost/crit "skills." ^^

Yep, that's actualy what I'm doing right now. Still it's pretty sad from our point of view when you get an insane hit from the new Sin skill, or get perma-paralyzed but bm-barb-veno(well, not worth mentioning as no-one may have it already and it's decently balanced afaik), or getting a 3sec 3xZerk from the new Seeker combo... While Psy's got some pve boost (ohai... poor them, crapy update for them too) and ea's got... well, pure bs xD

It's more disappointment that complain, as like you say, we have some extra benefit from the passives as we have no self-def buff, meaning the passives have a bigger impact on our un-buffed playstyle (soloing pv without buffs for example, pretty awesome tbh with new def. passive lvl 4).

I guess GM's do really need to play a bit more the game before they implement new skills, but QQing won't bring us nothing I guess, just pray for sparkie to read and give feedback about how we feel about the updates and pray for them having the time and will to do something (dreaming is for free so...)
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options

Wizard's fire combos can be easily countered. You can use soul of fire, or just immune to the damage. When you use soul of fire you could stun, or seal the wizard. Even if a wizard manages to hit you once while debuffed you should be able to survive because you are a bm who is always on magical marrow spamming golden belt, right? (unless you get a crit hit from devine pyro, or by a really op wizard).

On the other hand the only way to avoid this new stun is to not get hit at all. Which means you would have to be almost running away all the time from a BM.
  • needykiller
    needykiller Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    now if u were a good player, ud work around the new thing being thrown at you... but i guess making a endless QQ thread on how u no longer can purify away once a bm hits u is also a good option. I mean its not like your a full r9r+12 jaded nw upgraded S card matching set wizard or so.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I still find it weird that more ppl complain about the barb skill which is short and not 100% and less about the bm version which is Aliens. and lol to ppl who think it isn't easily spammable.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I still find it weird that more ppl complain about the barb skill which is short and not 100% and less about the bm version which is Aliens. and lol to ppl who think it isn't easily spammable.

tbh I'm pretty much okay with the barbs paralyze, it has its limitations and barbs were sort of lacking in CC. Venos paralyze also seems.. not OP at all [ridiculous cooldown, 2 second paralyze depending on soulforce]. BMs is really the only one I feel is unbalanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You sound like getting all skills including upgraded and new passive ones is something unobtainable and ppl should skip one in favour of another. Blood is easily obtainable now, soon all will get their passive skills alongside with active, and again will be in advantage in comparison to classes who didn't get anything good in this update.
    I would find it even fair somehow if you had to choose between extra defence or some OP skills. But everyone will get everything shortly, week (or even a month) later, week earlier, does it make any difference?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

OMG you are soooooo noooooob!! all you have to do is DS away and then because you have RANGE it will be IMPOSSIBLE for BMs to get near you! \o/ its not like they have any of their own leaping/teleporting skills or the ability to run faster or the chance to pull you towards them. l2play man... and if your GEAR isnt good enough to tank an enemy squad for 7.5 seconds then you obviously have no SKILLS.

god so fail... how can you call that OP? you have RANGE!! as long as you never get hit youll be fine!
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    51 pages 0f QQ....What ever happened t0 learning t0 adapt like every 0ther seemingly br0ken thing that came 0ut.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    51 pages 0f QQ....What ever happened t0 learning t0 adapt like every 0ther seemingly br0ken thing that came 0ut.
    You haven't seen purify spell related topic...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊