New "stun" skill effect

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Like I said, much easier to pull off high cost combos in group PvP against distracted targets.

I'd like to see a BM HF mire EP a wiz in a 1v1, really. Might take half an hour of tangling before a wiz gives you that kind of opening.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Like I said, much easier to pull off high cost combos in group PvP against distracted targets.

I'd like to see a BM HF mire EP a wiz in a 1v1, really. Might take half an hour of tangling before a wiz gives you that kind of opening.

That I have no quarrel with. *hides*
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    we wandered from the subject quite far. somehow it started as a discussion about a newly introduced "stun" effect, and now it seems to be a thread where try we teach people how to play their class and how the damage is being calculated. there are class-subforums with guides for that. b:shutup

a skill that

-has 6s (5s if sage) cd, with 4s stun duration up to 80% of time spent unable to do anything
    and cannot be blocked by anything but using damage preventing skills or pots with very high cool down is outright ridiculous and balance breaking. whether bms or barbs are in need of an additional cc is imo not the main issue here. but the fact that players should be able to prevent or break this "stun" with regular anti-stun measures!
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, how long is it until any BM get this skill ? Can't wait to see how OP this skill is.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is pointless and stupid...
    It's the exact same group of people that were defending Purify when everyone else said it was OP now claiming that this is too OP.
    Pot vs Kettle ****.

I'm done with this topic.
    I approve of the new stun and seriously doubt this game breaking junk.
    Have a good day guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    makes me glad some of you guys arent developers >.> half the time seeing OP pple complaining other classes becoming a threat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MystieMoon - Dreamweaver
    MystieMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well not really a threat. Just slightly more annoying. We can't have any of that now can we xD
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    makes me glad some of you guys arent developers >.> half the time seeing OP pple complaining other classes becoming a threat

I should be a dev. And an exec!

We'd have LOTS of fun, then. b:sin
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's aways like that...whenever a class gets a new skill/feature, everybody that doesn't play with said class will complain that it's OP, untill somebody comes up with a strategy to counter said OP skill.

People overreact too quickly.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    eraldus wrote: »
    It's aways like that...whenever a class gets a new skill/feature, everybody that doesn't play with said class will complain that it's OP, untill somebody comes up with a strategy to counter said OP skill.

People overreact too quickly.

What about people like me who play all classes and felt venos being able to send a pet to kill 90% of a server while doing nothing was stupid (though also admitted that if we were to ever get to a point where TT90 and +8-10 gears became widespread the bird would no longer be an issue and venos would actually be at a disadvantage), agreed APS was OP when it ruled everything, argued against purify spell in several scenarios even as someone who has access to it, and feel the Barb version of this new "I can only immune to counter" stun is a bit excessive for all the pros it has with the lack of cons?

Yes, there's that group that will always claim any new thing is overpowered because they don't get it, but sometimes there are occasionally valid concerns among QQfests.
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    What about people like me who play all classes and felt venos being able to send a pet to kill 90% of a server while doing nothing was stupid (though also admitted that if we were to ever get to a point where TT90 and +8-10 gears became widespread the bird would no longer be an issue and venos would actually be at a disadvantage), agreed APS was OP when it ruled everything, argued against purify spell in several scenarios even as someone who has access to it, and feel the Barb version of this new "I can only immune to counter" stun is a bit excessive for all the pros it has with the lack of cons?

Yes, there's that group that will always claim any new thing is overpowered because they don't get it, but sometimes there are occasionally valid concerns among QQfests.

Those were different scenarios, but yeah, I agree that some (very few btw) people make some valid points, but then again, it's too early to say it's too OP and game-breaking. People used to say sins were unbeatable on PVP when the tideborn race was released here on the first months, but now you don't see people saying that they are impossible to defeat or too hard to kill. When the Earthguard came along, it happened again, with people saying they were too OP too, that seekers would make wizzies useless and mystics would substitute venos and clerics. Then we got that new update on Abba and Seat, where people said the new bosses where impossible to kill and only c$pers would be abble to handle them.

People should wait a bit, try new strategies (that's what pvp/pk/mass pvp is about), and then make a real conclusion if it's game breaking or not.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    I do pretty much agree with your post.... though this particular part made me giggle in memories.
    People used to say sins were unbeatable on PVP when the tideborn race was released here on the first months, but now you don't see people saying that they are impossible to defeat or too hard to kill.

Mostly because it \eventually got to the point that Sins were the easy part but Psys were the pains because nobody played them so we didn't have a clue wtf half their skills did or how to appropriately counter them. b:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Take my +1.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Those were different scenarios, but yeah, I agree that some (very few btw) people make some valid points, but then again, it's too early to say it's too OP and game-breaking. People used to say sins were unbeatable on PVP when the tideborn race was released here on the first months, but now you don't see people saying that they are impossible to defeat or too hard to kill.

People should wait a bit, test new strategies (taht's what pvp/pk/mass pvp is about), and then make a real conclusion if it's game breaking or not.

Why do you think people don't say that about sins anymore? It's not because we just suddenly realized that sins were perfectly balanced and A-Okay. It's because new skills to combat them were released, new apoth, and gear was upgraded to the point where 5.0 became outdated.
    Things had to be changed .

And I think it's the same now. It doesnt take a genius to see that a near spammable go-through-all stun is broken.
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    Why do you think people don't say that about sins anymore? It's not because we just suddenly realized that sins were perfectly balanced and A-Okay. It's because new skills to combat them were released, new apoth, and gear was upgraded to the point where 5.0 became outdated.
    Things had to be changed .

And I think it's the same now. It doesnt take a genius to see that a near spammable go-through-all stun is broken.

Sigh... And it doesn't take a genius to see that you guys are overreacting... Again, take some time to come up with a strategy to counter it, eventually you guys will able to handle it. Strategy is the key factor in any PVP scenario, plus if you're talking about mass pvp and you're travelling alone in the battlefield, then chances are that you're gonna have a really hard time dealing with pretty much anyone, unless your gear is extremely refined/sharded.

Also, about bms having the same stun effect, it's not even 100% confirmed that the new skill can do the same effect as of the barbs, except by a skill description that could be pretty much wrong and mistranslated, since no BM can learn it yet.

You guys are flipping the table too early.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sigh... Again, take some time to come up with a strategy to counter it, eventually you guys will able to handle it.

You guys are flipping the table too early.

I think the complaint is that there is no counter.. you could be the chuck norris of pwi and play perfectly and still have absolutely no options to deal with this.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    I think the complaint is that there is no counter.. you could be the chuck norris of pwi and play perfectly and still have absolutely no options to deal with this.

From what I heard, this new stun effect from the new mighty swing doesn't happen 100% of the time, so I take that the people here are actually worried about the BM new skill, which according to the description provided by Asty, it causes the same paralize effect, right?

But since that skill requires 60 primordial bloods to learn, there isn't any BM that has learned this skill yet, so we have to wait and see if this new skill can cause the same paralize effect from mighty swing, as it can be a mistranslated description...unless somebody actually saw this skill somewhere and can confirm this for me?
    edited January 2014

tell me you found a point in time where seekers had golden days b:sad
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Flash_man - Lost City
    Flash_man - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tell me you found a point in time where seekers had golden days b:sad

when they got sacrificial slash with r8r to reduce anybody's def lvl to 0 or negative def lvl and could zerk on mag attacks b:laugh
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    From what I heard, this new stun effect from the new mighty swing doesn't happen 100% of the time, so I take that the people here are actually worried about the BM new skill, which according to the description provided by Asty, it causes the same paralize effect, right?

But since that skill requires 60 primordial bloods to learn, there isn't any BM that has learned this skill yet, so we have to wait and see if this new skill can cause the same paralize effect from mighty swing, as it can be a mistranslated description...unless somebody actually saw this skill somewhere and can confirm this for me?

Well people are worried about both.. although the BM skill is just speculation as you've said. I don't really think you can just discount barb mighty swing just because it has a chance to work though.. just in the same way as you wouldn't just ignore tidal simply because it doesn't work 100% of the time.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Because you cannot kite barbs >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    Because you cannot kite barbs >.>
    rule of OP pple: never move from spot.

didnt u know that b:pleased
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    Well people are worried about both.. although the BM skill is just speculation as you've said. I don't really think you can just discount barb mighty swing just because it has a chance to work though.. just in the same way as you wouldn't just ignore tidal simply because it doesn't work 100% of the time.

Yeah, I know. I didn't meant to discount it, I was pointing that there is 50/50 chance for it to succeed/fail
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, I know. I didn't meant to discount it, I was pointing that there is 50/50 chance for it to succeed/fail

60% for demon
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    60% for demon

True.

I forgot about that tiny detail >.<
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Hmm it sounds like you could apply that 'logic' towards undergeared players... they are very much part of the player base as the oped/'equaled' geared players. (in other words you shouldn't discount undergeared players when talking about balance as a whole... but aye the same can easily be said about undergeared players ignoring how badass certain classes become in end game gear.) Though honestly I have said time and time again I don't want to become such a badass that I am the one soloing 20 ppl... but still I am of the opinion that early end game play on a bm leaves a lot to be desired, and there are more bm's quitting the class (IMHO) than there is/are of bm's actually sticking through and getting full r93r josd +12 armor/weapon. - Though again that is just an opinion, obviously others feel differently but it is what I have noticed.

---

Still I do agree that the barb stun/immobilize skill is quite uber/ridiculous. Especially when you factor in the cooldown/back up on that skill, the shields of a barb and even the barbs insanely large hp pool.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • ablabahabla
    ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Chane is 60% for demon.
    True.

I forgot about that tiny detail >.<

but as long as the skill dosent miss u at lest get paralized what u can't remove either so it's a 100% lock down skill.
    and with it being spamable and unblockable hf if u got some barb with occult ice genie and that skill or even worse a bm without the new skills and a barb with that skill, imma say gl on getting out of the stun lock since the bm only has to stun u for a sec every 5 sec so the barb can use the new stun. This is makeing Barbs the masters of stunlocking. Even without backup, serverlag will cause u to be unable to get away since 1sec is nothing and the barb will get u stun while u run away.
  • eraldus
    edited January 2014
    but as long as the skill dosent miss u at lest get paralized what u can't remove either so it's a 100% lock down skill.
    and with it being spamable and unblockable hf if u got some barb with occult ice genie and that skill or even worse a bm without the new skills and a barb with that skill, imma say gl on getting out of the stun lock since the bm only has to stun u for a sec every 5 sec so the barb can use the new stun. This is makeing Barbs the masters of stunlocking. Even without backup, serverlag will cause u to be unable to get away since 1sec is nothing and the barb will get u stun while u run away.

1) It's not even 100% confirmed that the BM skill can cause the same paralize effect. People are just assumpting it via a skill description which can be wrong.

2) Kite FTW?

3) Never travel alone on mass PVP. Unless you wanna get facerolled.
  • ACutAbove - Archosaur
    ACutAbove - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't think it's that bad. A mystic's knock back skill can not be countered with antistun either and it also disables you for a short period. I see it as pretty much the same thing... It's more annoying than it is game breaking.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't think it's that bad. A mystic's knock back skill can not be countered with antistun either and it also disables you for a short period. I see it as pretty much the same thing... It's more annoying than it is game breaking.

B.Tornado costs chi and has a greater cooldown than this Mighty Swing. Those two are barely comparable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|