Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• VairyHagina - Morai
    VairyHagina - Morai Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Something tells me i spam too much... *hides*

Gonna try to sleep some. b:bye

Thou shall not sleep untill the last words have been said in this thread b:pleased
  • /fk - Harshlands15
    /fk - Harshlands15 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If PWE don`t rollback the servers, they should put in the boutique the orbs at 25 gold and leave them there. Or make a way to farm them in game and put them at 50 gold on the boutique permanently for those that don`t want to farm them. The farmable ones should be nontradeable also. I would be happy with any of that actions.
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot, you almost made me snort soup out of my nose. I never thought to ask if you have internal combustion sheepless dreams, how presumptuous of me to assume you are electric! Do you prefer regular or unleaded?

Aw **** I broke the chat.
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    TheMVP - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    and what about people who got helmets from packs or hit their meridans today or made trades, bought gear gear, farmed, ggrinded, your gonna take all that away from everyone on the whol game instead of just penalizing the small few people who got more than 1 pack in the hour the codes were avaailble that would be worst thing u could ever do let alone all the time it would take to reroll to give back all the gold purchases and try to figure out that mess on every server because maybe a few people got a few extra orbs thats crazy talk
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Even the west coast servers are upset according to the status page:

West Coast
    Server Time
    -1:59:21 PM

PWE is bending time!
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thou shall not sleep untill the last words have been said in this thread b:pleased

:o but but but *falls with head on keyboard and snores*f:tiredfoxy alone
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • n3v3rb0r3d
    n3v3rb0r3d Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think you are! That's enough about you! Let's talk about me for a change. Why do you need to so badly? What about internal combustion sheepless dreams?

Sweetiebot, you almost made me snort soup out of my nose. I never thought to ask if you have internal combustion sheepless dreams, how presumptuous of me to assume you are electric! Do you prefer regular or unleaded?

==?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You people complaining about lost exp on toons, pets, lost rerolls/good stats or winnings from packs really need to take a step back and look at the big picture.

Ocean orbs are valued at around 70 mil on my server at the moment. The intention was each account gets 3 10* orbs, or 210 mil in "savings" that they would not have to spend otherwise.

What happened is some accounts got 210 mil. Some accounts got 0. And some accounts got over a billion worth of Ocean orbs. That's some people, a good 40 or more from my own observation on my server's red chat, that now have an extra FEW BILLION coin to spend on whatever else they want. Like a brand new r999 on that same account that they can now +10 for free.

We need a rollback. There is no way that the unreliable coding that allowed this to happen in the first place will be able to identify ALL of those who exploited the glitch in order to remove the orbs and the obtained/applied refines to the point that would make it "fair" and "balanced" for everyone.

We need a rollback.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've counted -at least five- people from Harshlands who've gotten an excess of 9 Dorbs.

You may want to seriously investigate the security of this, cause I sincerely doubt this is mere lag. There's gotta be a trick, and a couple people are catching on.

On the same account or on alts also?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    to be honest I doubt they do rollback.

if they do a rollback, they will enrage even more People, especially the ones from the Archo Server, since we already had one.

On the other hand if they ban people who abused the code.... well for what i saw on archo server, they would have to ban like 70% of the population and that would be even worse, because a lot of those are the ones who put money on this game, i mean real money.

I did not got a code to my email for a mistake i made when i created this account

I was able to redeem that code once and i did not atempt to use it again. And i did not get any extra orb or items, even after i got a 505 Gateway error

this error i got it after the page froze, however i know of people that did not attempt to exploit this but after refreshing the page or inputing the code again they got like 3 or more times the amount of orbs

Some other people got the 3 orbs but did not get the other items
  • Moiraine_A_S - Dreamweaver
    Moiraine_A_S - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ok, this may have been an intentional glitch for some people somehow; but I know someone who's page lagged, and when they finally got heir stuff; it just came multiple times. It WAS NOT, I repeat WAS NOT anything done intentionally; their mailbox just became instantly full of stuff from PWI, you could not even SEE the end of their mail!! And yes, they did end up getting multiples of everything, through no fault of their own or evil intentions of trying to cheat anyone. (And it wasn't me, I didn't even manage to get on/through to the site to claim the code even once before it got taken done).

But I seriously DO NOT want a rollback because I have been leveling a new toon non-stop; and I will be pissed if I lose all my XP. Personally, I would have liked the event gold much more than the dragon orbs; and I don't even care about the dragon orbs. People get on here and whine sooo much about we get our butts kicked, yada yada, yada; here's an idea, spend more time in game playing your character and less time on the forums crying about stuff, you might get somewhere.

I just happen to be on this account because this is where I was trying to redeem the code for, but I do have high level characters and yeah, some of them are squishy, so what???? It's a game, get over it. Some characters are just squishier than others.

But yeah, don't rollback the servers for something that, contrary to popular belief, was a simple eff up. Quit being whiney, crying babies over everything for God's sake, man up & grow a pair, or put on your big girl panties and move on with your lives; it's a fricking game/end rant
  • VairyHagina - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Options
    :o but but but *falls with head on keyboard and snores*f:tiredfoxy alone

*Passes cookie and a cup of coffee*
  • dinosaurrrr
    dinosaurrrr Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You people complaining about lost exp on toons, pets, lost rerolls/good stats or winnings from packs really need to take a step back and look at the big picture.

Ocean orbs are valued at around 70 mil on my server at the moment. The intention was each account gets 3 10* orbs, or 210 mil in "savings" that they would not have to spend otherwise.

What happened is some accounts got 210 mil. Some accounts got 0. And some accounts got over a billion worth of Ocean orbs. That's some people, a good 40 or more from my own observation on my server's red chat, that now have an extra FEW BILLION coin to spend on whatever else they want. Like a brand new r999 on that same account that they can now +10 for free.

We need a rollback. There is no way that the unreliable coding that allowed this to happen in the first place will be able to identify ALL of those who exploited the glitch in order to remove the orbs and the obtained/applied refines to the point that would make it "fair" and "balanced" for everyone.

We need a rollback.

+1
    This is totally accurate. The situation is completely unfair with some getting billions worth of goods for FREE, and many others getting nothing.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    and now it's

West Coast
    Server Time
    12:02:46 PM

What's going on with west coast b:shocked

And now it says AM instead of PM b:shocked
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options

We need a rollback.

Yea i get that point, but i just wish it somehow can be done till before the code's started. One can always hope, right :) Just dont wanna loose everything i achieved that day and my guildies had quite some achievements too so i guess they would be sorta unhappy as well.
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    *Passes cookie and a cup of coffee*

<3 thank you :) I'm gonna eat it in bed tho :P catch ya later vairy ^.^b:bye
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot, Guess the length of my beard.

Sweetiebot, shoot yourself.

Sweetiebot, go on a rampage.

Sweetiebot, replace all GMs with an automated program.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot tell me how much pwi lose in cash with this glitch of the code
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    and now it's

West Coast
    Server Time
    12:02:46 PM

What's going on with west coast b:shocked

And now it says AM instead of PM b:shocked

its the head hunter. rolling back the life servers to get an extra coffee break.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • VairyHagina - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Options
    <3 thank you :) I'm gonna eat it in bed tho :P catch ya later vairy ^.^b:bye

b:kiss well i guess i will have to fight this through on my own from here on! Good night b:cute
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I can almost do lots of things. Too much thinking makes my brain ache. I prefer regular.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

We need a rollback.

I'm not understanding - if the orbs cannot be sold, how are they getting an extra billion?

Balanced and fair went out the window when nothing was ever done to those that got to 105 exploiting the FF/FC dragon glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • MouseKiller - Heavens Tear
    MouseKiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm not understanding - if the orbs cannot be sold, how are they getting an extra billion?

Balanced and fair went out the window when nothing was ever done to those that got to 105 exploiting the FF/FC dragon glitch.

Because it's a billion they don't have to spend on orbs to upgrade their equipment...
    And more than likely, it's more than that, there were reports on some servers of 50+ d. orbs going to one person.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot, Guess the length of my beard.
    I can't guess. Tell me.

Sweetiebot, shoot yourself.
    No thanks. I have better things to do.
    SweetieBot tell me how much pwi lose in cash with this glitch of the code
    Why should I tell you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

because they now dont have to spend those coins on orbs... because pwi just gave them enough to last them for a while.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • n3v3rb0r3d
    n3v3rb0r3d Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Re-roll or rollback please!
  • Mairwen - Archosaur
    Mairwen - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    honestly this was PWI's own scripting mistake.

in the past they've had codes scripted so that once accepted, a single account could NOT register again...

Their failure to monitor the code in this same way is nobody's fault but their own. Of course people will abuse a glitch if given the opportunity, many of us have poured a lot of money into PWI over our time playing the game... I've personally given this game 4.6k USD (don't judge me -_-)

I'm not complaining, it was my decision... however

because of pwi's failure to secure their own script... I logged onto the game and checked my email after 10 pm central us and the code was emailed to me, as well as disabled before I even had a chance to receive any compensation.

honestly, pwi's economic failures are a major reason why several cash shoppers on our server quit earlier this year (including myself as one of them) ... The only way to continue playing is to continue spending...
  • arun89
    arun89 Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    GM's Paycheck's are also in trouble here coz of this stupid ****ing code b:laugh no one is going to charge zen anymore b:laugh
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just don't know why they didn't just deal specifically with the arch server and left all other servers out of it to begin with...wouldn't be such a big mess had they done that!b:angry
  • Solar_Dragon - Dreamweaver
    Solar_Dragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What some people have to realize is you can't punish people by IPs. I live in a house where three of us play PWI. Plus a friend of mine was at my house on pwi with me when this happened. This would mean just cause three or four accounts accessed the code from the same IP Doesn't mean they are alts.
    Another thing. Will someone please point out to me where it was posted that this was only for Arch server? I have seemed to have missed it. Perhap I am the only one.
    If we have a roll back that goes back farther than when the code was taken advantage of I will loose the two levels I worked hard to get on my cleric.
    Some people may have used the code who weren't supposed to but unless it was started clearly there is no way for them to know they abused it. I hoped this is looked at very carefully.
    I would like to believe PWs GMs are going to be smart about this. Some people are very much victims in this situation. Perhaps if this was truely ment only for Arch (presuming people didn't assume it is.) they should have only sent the reward to accounts in the arch server. Just a thought.
    Please im asking that things be thought out clearly. And for all those members out there that just need slapped. Calm yourselves And let it be delt with how it will be delt with. There is nothing we can do now, its in the hands of the GMs. Quit your crying, nagging, and complaining. It's getting us no where.
This discussion has been closed.