Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• devil0is0here
    devil0is0here Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Jesus some ppl are never happy!

I think it's fantastic news, a big new update right before the holiday season! That being said I hope it's properly tested, as bug free as it can be and not rushed out to appease an angry mob cause that would do more harm than good. I'd rather they stay angry.

To all those still moaning about orbs, you ain't getting them, suck it up and move on. Time to find something else to moan about!

To those boycotting the game, can u do us a favour and boycott the forums too?

Lol, what goes around comes around.

And no, not really going to quit yet. I have a good influence over a lot of friends, faction, and respected by lower levels.

Need to stay for them, and make sure there is a slow transition away from this game. You are welcome too, sometime in future, when you get ***** !
    You will eventually, trust me. b:victory
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lazuracx wrote: »
    WOW!!! HOW MANY +10ORBS DID YOU GET!!!
    20!!!?
    40!!!?
    100!!!!!? SHARE ITb:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
    if u had bothered to read my earlier posts you would have seen I got none! I'm in the UK I was tucked up in bed when it all happened :P first I knew about it was on fb next day and code was already dead. Continually moaning about won't help thou, it hasn't help so far.
  • devil0is0here
    edited December 2013
    if u had bothered to read my earlier posts you would have seen I got none! I'm in the UK I was tucked up in bed when it all happened :P first I knew about it was on fb next day and code was already dead. Continually moaning about won't help thou, it hasn't help so far.

Sorry, but not the type of person to get punched and not retort back.

Btw, not moaning and coming here and discouraging others who are voicing valid debate/retort, is far more lame m8. If you didn't get it, I am talking about you. No offense :)
  • ghdfghdfgh
    ghdfghdfgh Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This does nothing to solve the inbalance caused by the huge influx of free orbs into the game.
    I am still waiting for the "final compensation for all" lol.
    edited December 2013
    Sorry, but not the type of person to get punched and not retort back.

Btw, not moaning and coming here and discouraging others who are voicing valid debate/retort, is far more lame m8. If you didn't get it, I am talking about you. No offense :)

It's not valid debate/retort dude and you know fine well it's ******** n moaning and when in life has it helped anyone? I was just as angry/annoyed/pissed off as anyone who didn't get, I'm only +5 on most things orbs would've helped terribly even the 3 we should've got but it's 3 weeks done, we ain't getting the orbs! Continually moaning about this isn't/won't help
  • foxmike
    foxmike Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    UPDATE (12.12.13)

I have good news for everyone concerning "Nothing has happened yet in December".

Due to our commitment in bringing the best experience we can to Perfect World for all players of all servers, we've been able to do something that generally doesn't occur often:

release an expansion ahead of schedule!

Thanks to the awesome efforts of our QA team and the feedback from all of you concerning the last couple months, we were able to pour more manpower into releasing this huge expansion ahead of schedule. We're quite proud of this accomplishment, but that's not all.

On release date, there will be:

- In-game giveaways (quest based)
    - Expansion launch events (plural!)
    - New Holiday event!

In addition, there will be snow and snowmen, back due to your requests. The snow season will be arriving next week with the release of the expansion, December 18th. All these events will be available on launch as well.

We'll be releasing preview blogs on the features of the expansion as we get closer to the launch date, as well as a list of the events you can expect to take full advantage of!

We've got more things lined up for the new year too, so expect the end of this year to go off with a bang!

-DoD

Thanks PWE b:dirty
  • devil0is0here
    edited December 2013
    It's not valid debate/retort dude and you know fine well it's ******** n moaning and when in life has it helped anyone? I was just as angry/annoyed/pissed off as anyone who didn't get, I'm only +5 on most things orbs would've helped terribly even the 3 we should've got but it's 3 weeks done, we ain't getting the orbs! Continually moaning about this isn't/won't help

Moaning feels like begging. I don't do that. Others are not doing that as well.

I state valid points, so others who read my post, and in similar dilemma, may see the logic I try to convey.

Real life situations? Well I have countless examples, where I fought back, and got good results. Try it more yourself, you will get result also, trust me !

Just wanted to clear those out.
    edited December 2013
    Moaning feels like begging. I don't do that. Others are not doing that as well.

I state valid points, so others who read my post, and in similar dilemma, may see the logic I try to convey.

Real life situations? Well I have countless examples, where I fought back, and got good results. Try it more yourself, you will get result also, trust me !

Just wanted to clear those out.

As is you right dude and I do not seek to deny or take away that right! If I thought it would do any good I would be right there with you. Back several pages I was doing just that but I've realised that it's not going to work in this instance, too much time has past
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh boy. I can't wait for the snowmen to kill all the shops in west arch again.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Love it when **** happens..people start fighting each other instead of trying to fight the problem. Thought I guess fighting the problem is futile.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Love it when **** happens..people start fighting each other instead of trying to fight the problem. Thought I guess fighting the problem is futile.

PWE confirmed for Borg
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe I am just in a very pessimistic mood about PWE/PWI at the moment but I get the feeling that them saying the expansion is being released ahead of time is just a lie from their side. Since they havent told us any date when the expansion was originally planned to be released it just seems like pretty words to fool gullible players.

Also wouldnt it had been better to spend those extra resources on working on the things the playerbase asked for? Like the whole mess this thread is related to.

If this expansion is released with a ton of bugs that would be even worse. Guess I should not jump the gun there but just dont have any trust in PWE/PWI at the moment.
  • _Nushi_ - Raging Tide
    _Nushi_ - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    UPDATE (12.12.13)

I have good news for everyone concerning "Nothing has happened yet in December".

Due to our commitment in bringing the best experience we can to Perfect World for all players of all servers, we've been able to do something that generally doesn't occur often:

Thanks to the awesome efforts of our QA team and the feedback from all of you concerning the last couple months, we were able to pour more manpower into releasing this huge expansion ahead of schedule. We're quite proud of this accomplishment, but that's not all.

- New Holiday event!

In addition, there will be snow and snowmen, back due to your requests. The snow season will be arriving next week with the release of the expansion, December 18th. All these events will be available on launch as well.

We'll be releasing preview blogs on the features of the expansion as we get closer to the launch date, as well as a list of the events you can expect to take full advantage of!

We've got more things lined up for the new year too, so expect the end of this year to go off with a bang!

-DoD

BTW, I don't see any info on "FINAL COMPENSATION"
  • tbagninja
    tbagninja Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Soooo the "big" compensation for all the people who didn't get dragon orbs or event gold, is an expansion we all would have gotten anyway?

This doesn't fix anything. lol

Nice to see all the one's who only got 2 weeks ban will be able to enjoy this as well.

I've been holding off spending any cash on this game to see what would happen with this entire fiasco. I have to say I am very disappointed. f:poo

Edit: (Also I am fairly sure sirens of war update notes said something about a big update at the end of the year anyway...we was supposed to get this regardless....)
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so we are getting the expansion early? cool stuff, well i say cool stuff, it will be cool stuff if it works properly. Not really impressed by this b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bladesimage
    bladesimage Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    UPDATE (12.12.13)

- New Holiday event!

-DoD

Seriously? Seriously?

You can go *** yourself, along with the 1-2 week bans you guys gave to those who went from + 6 to full r9r +10 over night.

A little word of advise to all those who actually put money in the game. Please stop supporting these pricks. It's the only way they're going to learn. It's bad enough I did it for this long.

Yours truly,
    A ex-paying customer
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seriously? Seriously?

You can go *** yourself, along with the 1-2 week bans you guys gave to those who went from + 6 to full r9r +10 over night.

A little word of advise to all those who actually put money in the game. Please stop supporting these pricks. It's the only way they're going to learn.

Yours truly,
    A paying customer

How can someone go from +6 to r9rr +10 overnight? Did they give away GSTs, Medals of Glory, Summerwind Tokens, EoDs, EoOs and Basic Badges along with the +10 orbs?

You say it like the R9rr was something they got through exploiting, when at best they just got the refines for free.
  • TheDutchman - Raging Tide
    TheDutchman - Raging Tide Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And the red spam of free Dragon Orbs is still going on.....

This is your way of saying thank you PWE?
  • bladesimage
    edited December 2013
    How can someone go from +6 to r9rr +10 overnight? Did they give away GSTs, Medals of Glory, Summerwind Tokens, EoDs, EoOs and Basic Badges along with the +10 orbs?

You say it like the R9rr was something they got through exploiting, when at best they just got the refines for free.

35 gold *28 is what you do the math. So a few got more than 800 gold worth in orbs and you say it's like at best only refines? Not to mention the power gap those refines add.

I spent over 400 on just the r9 weapon alone. Again I'm stating this clear, pwi can go *** themselves.
    edited December 2013
    35 gold *28 is what you do the math. So a few got more than 800 gold worth in orbs and you say it's like at best only refines? Not to mention the power gap those refines add.

I spent over 400 on just the r9 weapon alone. Again I'm stating this clear, pwi can go *** themselves.

As much as I dislike the situation as well, what you're saying here is utter ****.
    The orbs can only be used on BOUND gear and can not be traded.
    They can't make money out of it, thus they can't magically get from nothing to full R9r +10 as you are implying.

If you are going to throw a tantrum at least get your facts straight.
    Soon™
    edited December 2013
    As much as I dislike the situation as well, what you're saying here is utter ****.
    They can't make money out of it, thus they can't magically get from nothing to full R9r +10 as you are implying.

That, pretty much.

Anyway, after it was over, and after the first TWs and NWs following the issue, it was quite clear that not much changed in gameplay, overall. Mostly because there are so many full +10 people out there already that the few (yup, few) new ones weren't enough to break any kind of balance. At least in DW server.

I'm only pissed cause it was supposed to be a thing for everyone and I got nothing. b:sad
  • bladesimage
    edited December 2013

What facts aren't you getting? You can save those orbs for when you get your r9 can't you? Don't be so naive, someone can go +10 on their r9 gear in one night by horsing the orbs or if they have r9, apply it to their gear. These are facts my friend and as far as my tantrum, it's well deserved with how much money I put into this game getting all my gear to +10. Open your eyes and stop playing devils advocate.
    edited December 2013
    What facts aren't you getting? You can save those orbs for when you get your r9 can't you? Don't be so naive, someone can go +10 on their r9 gear in one night by horsing the orbs or if they have r9, apply it to their gear. These are facts my friend and as far as my tantrum, it's well deserved with how much money I put into this game getting all my gear to +10. Open your eyes and stop playing devils advocate.

If they had to get r9rr first and then refine it with their new orbs, it's hard to believe they did so overnight, though.
  • bladesimage
    edited December 2013

What facts aren't you getting? You can save those orbs for when you get your r9 can't you? Don't be so naive, someone can go +10 on their r9 gear in one night by hording the orbs or if they have r9, apply it to their gear. These are facts my friend and as far as my tantrum, it's well deserved with how much money I put into this game getting all my gear to +10. Open your eyes and stop playing devils advocate.
    edited December 2013

You're the one who said "from +6 to full R9r+10"
    I'm just working with the words you said.
    Soon™
  • bladesimage
    edited December 2013
    You're the one who said "from +6 to full R9r+10"
    I'm just working with the words you said.

Assuming they had r9 already, and even if they don't have it one can still do it in one night and invest in r9 and use the orbs horded to do it. but sure keep on playing devils advocate. The fact is pwi ***** it's paying customers over. Bottom line. You gets?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've accepted and got over it but I guess I'l poke into the discussion.

It is true orbs cannot be sold and can only be used on bound gear. However, someone who was +7 R9r3 was then able to get +10, assuming they got a good amount of orbs regardless of it being accidental or on purpose.

Now do the math on how many orbs someone would have to buy to go from +7 to +10 on a full R9r3 set. Also consider situations like +5 to +10 or +5 to +11 or even +12 for those who exploited heavily. If the amount of orbs they got was big, they could easily gamble +11/+12 with Tisha stones. Also consider that a lot of people don't hesitate to bind things like Cube necklace or their Nirvana hats/capes.

Think of how much money these people would have paid (either through merchanting or real money) for this kind of refines. That's the kind of money said person saved and can instead invest somewhere else: eg. get a Emperor tome. In other words it just sped up the process of gearing up.
    Free refines -> use money for other upgrades.

Then consider the amount of event gold one received. Depending on the amount of abuse that can be like 1k event gold, 2k event gold etc. Also consider some HP charms that came into it. These people will have charms for a long time.
    Free charms -> use money for other upgrades.

In other situations people will just save their orbs so once they get R9 recast gear they'll immediately get it to +10 or something like that (depending on amount of orbs gotten). Other people running in Nirvana gear also got theirs to +10 though it's arguably less of an impact gear/power wise.
    You can argue that rich people would have gotten their endgame refines and **** sooner or later but this just happened overnight. That's something only a heavy CSer would usually do, these CSers just got spit on their faces.

I'm not jealous of people's pixels but this was a terrible glitch and it was handled extremely poorly. If people are still bringing up the goon glitch up to this day, expect people to keep talking about this for long a time. Don't waste your breath trying to convince them otherwise.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited December 2013
    Assuming they had r9 already, and even if they don't have it one can still do it in one night and invest in r9 and use the orbs horded to do it. but sure keep on playing devils advocate. The fact is pwi ***** it's paying customers over. Bottom line. You gets?

You were not assuming they had r9 already, or you can't express yourself at all. You said "from +6 to full R9rr +10". Adding the r9rr to the equation means they didn't have it, that it's something new. And it's not likely someone can just get r9rr overnight. They need at least 240 basic badges and all the molds, which aren't tradeable, plus the essences of defense and offense. Also, they need a bunch of summerwind tokens, which aren't exactly cheap for people running around in +6 gear, and the GSTs and medals also.

If they had enough to get all that, believe me, they'd get to +10 eventually. All pwi did was give them a shortcut. Which sucks, but oh well, live with it or quit game.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What I "like" in PWE is that just after being huge mistake they seem to always want to do even bigger mistakes...
    I will wait before judging too fast, but not really sure that rushing the release of the new expansion was the best idea.
    In the same time we still see all those people with their "abused gears"...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • bladesimage
    edited December 2013
    I've accepted and got over it but I guess I'l poke into the discussion.

It is true orbs cannot be sold and can only be used on bound gear. However, someone who was +7 R9r3 was then able to get +10, assuming they got a good amount of orbs regardless of it being accidental or on purpose.

Now do the math on how many orbs someone would have to buy to go from +7 to +10 on a full R9r3 set. Also consider situations like +5 to +10 or +5 to +11 or even +12 for those who exploited heavily. If the amount of orbs they got was big, they could easily gamble +11/+12 with Tisha stones. Also consider that a lot of people don't hesitate to bind things like Cube necklace or their Nirvana hats/capes.

Think of how much money these people would have paid (either through merchanting or real money) for this kind of refines. That's the kind of money said person saved and can instead invest somewhere else: eg. get a Emperor tome. In other words it just speed up the process of gearing up.
    Free refines -> use money for other upgrades.

Then consider the amount of event gold one received. Depending on the amount of abuse that can be like 1k event gold, 2k event gold etc. Also consider some HP charms that came into it. These people will have charms for a long time.
    Free charms -> use money for other upgrades.

In other situations people will just save their orbs so once they get R9 recast gear they'll immediately get it to +10 or something like that (depending on amount of orbs gotten). Other people running in Nirvana gear also got theirs to +10 though it's arguably less of an impact gear/power wise.

I'm not jealous of people's pixels but this was a terribly glitch and it was handled extremely poorly. If people are still bringing up the goon glitch up to this day, expect people to keep talking about this for long a time.

Amen! b:angry
    You were not assuming they had r9 already, or you can't express yourself at all. You said "from +6 to full R9rr +10". Adding the r9rr to the equation means they didn't have it, that it's something new. And it's not likely someone can just get r9rr overnight. They need at least 240 basic badges and all the molds, which aren't tradeable, plus the essences of defense and offense. Also, they need a bunch of summerwind tokens, which aren't exactly cheap for people running around in +6 gear, and the GSTs and medals also.

If they had enough to get all that, believe me, they'd get to +10 eventually. All pwi did was give them a shortcut. Which sucks, but oh well, live with it or quit game.

I've seen it done buddy, and that shortcut is over 800 gold which I wanted to point out that I invested. It indeed sucks, which is why people should stop putting money into this game. Don't make the same mistake I made.
This discussion has been closed.