Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    tribells1 wrote: »
    why remove the link :(

i just wanted to "compensate" PWE for their "compensation"... why should they be able to be so nice to us and we cannot repturn the favor :(

(hope you get the joke from the deleted post and the sarcasm from this one )

Link was a bit much for the place.

Though if I weren't modding I'd have probably at least cracked a smile since it would be a great gift for the higher ups.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Link was a bit much for the place.

Though if I weren't modding I'd have probably at least cracked a smile since it would be a great gift for the higher ups.

>Restraint
    That's a shame, you've got me curious as to what it was...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not really digging the singing... but still RAWR
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    - A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts.

Let me get this straight... If you had absolutely no intention of abusing a glitch but didn't go to the redeem page fast enough (and well before the deadline), and you're not on Arch server, you'll get nothing? While those on other servers who were fast enough will enjoy 3 Ocean Orbs?

On top of this, the entire reason for denying tens of thousands of users a promotion you advertised and stated on your facebook page, is due to "mostly a few dozen or so" players?

Really PWI? If you want me to continue playing my different mmo that badly, just delete my account or something. I keep checking back for an incentive...ANY sort of improvement at all, and every time it's the exact opposite and things have actually fallen even further. :/
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    On top of this, the entire reason for denying tens of thousands of users a promotion you advertised and stated on your facebook page, is due to "mostly a few dozen or so" players?

The way their facebook page puts it is wrong. It was meant as something for everyone because of all the **** we've been putting up with all month. Whoever decided they needed to make it sound like a gift on facebook is being totally dishonest to put it nicely.

Just a bit of info so you know. Please don't throw things at me. *runs away*
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Waitwhat? Where do I go to sign up for at least some form of payment? Best I get is an occasional PM telling me thanks or that the person appreciates what I'm going through. D:

And on a more relevant note to the rest of your post about deleting negative comments or whatever, Mods do NOT have any obligation like that. And do actually click that link.

People should REALLY actually click that link. AND STOP BEING MEAN TO KOSSY.

I <3 you cupcake (in a sister-sister kinda way). b:kiss
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The way their facebook page puts it is wrong. It was meant as something for everyone because of all the **** we've been putting up with all month. Whoever decided they needed to make it sound like a gift on facebook is being totally dishonest to put it nicely.

Just a bit of info so you know. Please don't throw things at me. *runs away*

Not an attack just a correction, his interpretation is correct imo. PWI ended the code early due to abuse as is stated in the first post.
    UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

so his interpretation that PWI doesnt care about the members who missed out on using the code because they ended it early due to as THEY stated "a few dozen users"
    It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts.

is IMO accurate. Each of my quotes comes from the updates in the first post, not facebook and I dont see how its put wrong on the facebook page if it mirrors perfectly what was said here.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    funny thing about this i bet a good handful of pple already knew that lag would eventually end with some pple getting multiples sent through mails. i certainly saw it as that b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Not an attack just a correction, his interpretation is correct imo. PWI ended the code early due to abuse as is stated in the first post.

Yeah. Don't mean to get into the can of worms about their ending of the code. Just talking about the way they advertised it on facebook as a holiday gift when it had nothing to do with the holidays or being a gift.

Probably should have quoted a smaller segment to avoid confusion on that. b:surrender
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the worst about all this isnt the lack of gifts on my char its hthe fact i cant play with friends with out hearing how glad they about their gear and despite real effort on both sides may have cost a couple friendships how do you compensate that?

had archo character didnt log in the week of roll back = no codes
    couldnt get on website because spammers lagging it some of which were friends = no code
    was ok about that till
    then i get straight out made fun of by people that abused and didnt abuse alike
    have to hear how happy the other ppl are
    all this during one of the most painful weeks of my life
    and i still say
    **** happens im not mad
    havent completely quit pw but cant say i can play it right now
    I missed my cat on forsaken world any way
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • XCascadax - Harshlands
    XCascadax - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    amen +1 ... we can't even gett a normally maint anymore ... new exspesion will cost ur wallets lol .. coz pwi is pretty down .. is like playing on a afk game :D who's afk most winns somthingb:laugh alltho ... i dont like empty promisses as the code was .... ^^ and i still think it suck's for me and any1 else who didden't gett it coz we hade to take a part off this crapp to watching how so many gett free +10 orbs ZZZZ funn game ;D
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    Clokey - Harshlands Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok guys, if u want to donate to buy orbs, gear ect? haha don't do that, this is PWI, ok, u don't understand "pwi"? this is PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL, perfect world for everyone, if u want to put ur gear +10? just wait a one code for compensation of one server and use it, if is bugged? abuse of it :D why? no gms don't do nthing about this, they will close it later and if u don't about then u will get a big and huge "NOTHING", yes this is good xD. wanna send a ticket to say something? ticket delete :D

GM's want to kill the server? yes they want xD, why they want? they're bored lol....

how can I get gear? wait a code for gear compensation and abuse too lol if u see any glitch? don't says nothing to the gms, just to ur friends close, and all abuse of it, gms wont ban u as always. rollback? don't care about that lol they wont make rollback :P as I said.... THIS IS PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL WIIIIII.... a game that only abusers and hackers can keep alive and playing :D
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I will just put this here.

PWI TOS

PWI and players should take note of Section 10 paragraphs: i: j: k: l: n:
    looking at l: in particular.

(i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;

(j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;

(k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;

(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,

(n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

Says why something must be done in your own rules.
    Punish the offenders at least,
    as to compensation thats covered in another part of TOS and they basically owe us nothing.
    See Section 18. and 23.

I will say this though, Reward therapy mixed with Aversion therapy works well with changing human behaviors at least better than Aversion therapy alone.
    Learnt as a Parent.
    b:chuckle
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013

But the people on Arch, who lost days of XP, coin, unrecoverable items, refines, rerolls, and even characters should be the first ones compensated for that, don't you think??

But that seems moot at this point, like all of you from other servers, I didn't get it either.

I DO think arch players should get compensation for that. I think they are the ONLY ones who should have gotten anything to begin with. But because pwi decided to give a code to all they now made a smaller problem HUGE, and everyone effected should be compensated. If theyd just delt with the actual issue at hand to begin with none of this would have happened anyway.

and yes if they roll back servers I lose days of farming bh etc, but id prefer that to people who intentionally OR unintentionally were able to +10-12 their chars with 0 work, which now makes my +10 char I worked hard for laughable. Its given a complete unfair advantage to many whether they intentionally cheated or not, and those of us who just didnt put in the code prior to them canceling it early nothing.

Well said. Thank you.
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    archosaur Server, A Player Just Received 15+ Orbs (+10 Orbs) In A Row!!! All The Players Can Confirm That !!! More Than 15 Orbs In A Row Without Care About If There Will Be Punishment !!
  • XCascadax - Harshlands
    XCascadax - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yea **** arch server theyr as bad as evry1 else xD and they dont deserve anything more than other server they gott x5 now stopp being silly..

allso this support ticket's sucks .. its auto replay messangers for all ! trololol xD dunt mind me i wont ask for same answer as all else gott XD
  • Bm_Babe - Dreamweaver
    Bm_Babe - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just so you all know i got a very interesting reply from the gm's regarding the code,

-removed-

so make sense of this lot, So everybody else that did not redeem the code across all servers except arch have lost out big time, the GM's have screwed us all. wheres the fair play or level playing field for all, yes cash players always have an advantage i know all that but when people get big free gifts like that, and those that have RL things to do as it is activated and misses out are told *** you, you get nothing hahaha. this is disgraceful.
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I farmed these days and I still would prefer a roll back cause it would take alot more then a week or so of my farming to even come close to comparing to what some people got. just the 3 your talking 100-120 mil on the sanct server.

I actually agree about a rollback being the easiest option here now and they just should do it so people can finally get over the whole thing, i just wanted to remind him that there isnt an option for PWE left that would be 100 % fair for everyone b:pleased
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    metalmana wrote: »
    archosaur Server, A Player Just Received 15+ Orbs (+10 Orbs) In A Row!!! All The Players Can Confirm That !!! More Than 15 Orbs In A Row Without Care About If There Will Be Punishment !!

and He Keep Getting Orbs !! Right Now On Archosaur Server ! He **** ?
  • Daftajr - Lost City
    Daftajr - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    IF there wuldnt be a anouncement, no one wuld know how many orbs some got, they wuldnt disable the code and some of us who didn't got, they wuld have a orb by now... But maybe they will give us a second chance, like they did with what?
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Here we go forum mods have VERY little power.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    metalmana wrote: »
    and He Keep Getting Orbs !! Right Now On Archosaur Server ! He **** ?

he is probably buying from other players or he may have multiple accounts
    Also there is the possibility that those codes came from the glitch and he just open his mail later.

Im not surprised, since i saw guys doing that even before that code.
  • RelXenVasBal - Raging Tide
    RelXenVasBal - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I should get a medal or something after all this. XD

Yes you definitely should.
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    eeepsilon wrote: »
    he is probably buying from other players or he may have multiple accounts
    Also there is the possibility that those codes came from the glitch and he just open his mail later.

Im not surprised, since i saw guys doing that even before that code.

he admitted buying the codes in wc. Now it's going to be hard to distinguish between hackers & people that brought codes

But why buy something that's free in the first place? b:laugh
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If they want my money they better be giving me and the other people who got nothing something.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    or even a one week full expenses paid vacation to a place with no net so you can let others deal with it. RAWR... albeit venus arguably deserves that a little bit as well. As for the other mods... I am not so sure (and no offense to them) but yea I am not sure they 'deserve' a medal/reward for having to deal with this insane uproar, no matter how easy it is to understand why people are upset. Still I haven't seen many of the other forum mods reply on this topic/edit posts in here... but yea that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't doing their job, but still... they have been rather silent. :$

Well I know for a fact that some of them are extremely busy atm. Both Skai and Kris are still in college, and it's getting close to finals week for universities all across the country. I know Kris in particular posted he had a ton of papers to write. The advantage of having so many mods is that if some of us are too busy with RL to mod; even when the forums really needs a mod, others can pick up the slack. So yeah it's mostly been me and Kossy but that's not absurd or anything. And it's not like others haven't done what they could here and there.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    Well I know for a fact that some of them are extremely busy atm. Both Skai and Kris are still in college, and it's getting close to finals week for universities all across the country. I know Kris in particular posted he had a ton of papers to write. The advantage of having so many mods is that if some of us are too busy with RL to mod; even when the forums really needs a mod, others can pick up the slack. So yeah it's mostly been me and Kossy but that's not absurd or anything. And it's not like others haven't done what they could here and there.

you guy have been real pros b:thanks
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited November 2013
    I've posted an update to this thread on the OP.
    There was a miscommunication between departments with Customer Service.
    They were giving out the wrong information regarding punishments.
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    I've posted an update to this thread on the OP.
    There was a miscommunication between departments with Customer Service.
    They were giving out the wrong information regarding punishments.

glad to see ya DoD i hope it not too crazy around there still
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013

Aye indeed I understand that well, when I was a mod... I had struggled being active all the time, real life does indeed come first. <3 EDIT: Thank goodness indeed for other forum mods being there to help pick up the slack. :D

and =o an update *goes read*

This discussion has been closed.