Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Expect a post from a GM shortly that states...

The reward code has been removed due to client instability

That is all. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maxfiire
    maxfiire Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You cannot get +11 from these orbs. You can't combine bound orbs. I didn't get any and don't want a role back at all. let them keep it. I don't see it as unfair. Either way, i cant stand up against a r999 +10 just as i cant a r999 + nothing. It makes 0 difference to most. This game is not any more unbalanced than it was before. And those that scream oh it's unfair, stop whining. Life is unfair. Put on your big kid undies and move on.
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    razikiel wrote: »
    Those who didnt get orbs, thats just too bad, but because you werent online or you didnt manage to claim your prize in time for any reason doesnt mean ALL players have to pay for it.

Mods should lock this topic, any more complains wont change anything. The only post that matters in those 290+ pages is the first one of first page; updates from a GM.

^ person that abused the code
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Those who didnt get orbs, thats just too bad, but because you werent online or you didnt manage to claim your prize in time for any reason doesnt mean ALL players have to pay for it.

Mods should lock this topic, any more complains wont change anything. The only post that matters in those 290+ pages is the first one of first page; updates from a GM.

you are a jerk many could not because of jerks spamming and lagging the page many could not even access the redeem page i dont even care about the orbs i didnt get on archo or this set most here are trying to demand change on a broader scale the your precious orb
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • dumptie
    dumptie Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well think about that. What about the people who just spent all that time during the past 30 hours leveling their toons?

How fair is it for them if they never got the code?

How fair is it for anyone who never used the code to rollback?

Long term? Okay, what if that person, who never used the code, just joined the game and just got their character to lv 10 right before the rollback, and on top of it, put a few grand on the game, which is possible... The rollback illiminates them having that money, and those levels....

What happens next? Oh the person, who for arguement's sake is Bill Gates, or someone famous, not only sues, but comes out publically against the company.

There's your long term.

Rollback a problem for some1 that got lvl10b:thanksb:thanks

Anyway: people that did CS would still have their gold in Boutique
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    Options
    maxfiire wrote: »
    You cannot get +11 from these orbs. You can't combine bound orbs. I didn't get any and don't want a role back at all. let them keep it. I don't see it as unfair. Either way, i cant stand up against a r999 +10 just as i cant a r999 + nothing. It makes 0 difference to most. This game is not any more unbalanced than it was before. And those that scream oh it's unfair, stop whining. Life is unfair. Put on your big kid undies and move on.

if u got to +10
    then used a +10 orb and it fails you will not lose the +10 so u can try for +11 again as many times as +10 orbs u willing to waste on it
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • trippinlike007
    trippinlike007 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Awww. Code expired. :( Thought it said it was valid until the 24th. Wasn't able to get on the redeem page to grab it. Oh well.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options

That's not our call to make and our poor temp CMs do go through these when they're able to.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Sorry pal because you guys wouldn't get off the page long enough for many of us to get access we get screwed? And you get you orbs...doesn't fly with me..they're taking the easy way out and letting those that abused it get by with it just like they've done every time....claiming it wasn't wide spread...i claim BS i know u cheaters are delighted
  • ForTheDQ - Archosaur
    ForTheDQ - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    dumptie wrote: »
    Rollback a problem for some1 that got lvl10b:thanksb:thanks

Anyway: people that did CS would still have their gold in Boutique

I don't think you've experienced a rollback.

Go check how many people qqed because they lost their gold and had to have it refunded.
    ForTheDQ - An honest name as to why I created this toon, For Holding DQ items.... now that DQ is dieing, I think I'll raise it using the supposidly superior quest system.... but thanks to the rollback, I'm not sure I can.... the Level you see was prior to the rollback.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well think about that. What about the people who just spent all that time during the past 30 hours leveling their toons?

Long term? Okay, what if that person, who never used the code, just joined the game and just got their character to lv 10 right before the rollback, and on top of it, put a few grand on the game, which is possible... The rollback illiminates them having that money, and those levels....

What happens next? Oh the person, who for arguement's sake is Bill Gates, or someone famous, not only sues, but comes out publically against the company.

There's your long term.

That scenario is so unrealistic it's almost moronic.

First of all, any level 10 who immediately spends "a few grand" is an alt. At level 10, they don't even know what cash shopping is in this game. Considering level 10 is when the boutique even opens. You can't even buy zen until a certain time period/level has been reached. More importantly if you purchase that amount of gold in one hit, you're going to get it released in bits. Not all at once. Fraud checks and what not.

Second of all; Bill Gates? Yeah, I'm pretty sure famous people have much better things to do. Any gold spent during a rollback period is returned to the account anyway, because it involves real money.

There would be no grounds to sue. At all. For arguments sake, make your scenario realistic please.
  • Sykarah - Heavens Tear
    Sykarah - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

There's your long term.

PWI returned all Zen within a couple days of Archo's rollback. They do help very much and handled that nicely. everybody got their gold back.
  • dumptie
    dumptie Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't think you've experienced a rollback.

Go check how many people qqed because they lost their gold and had to have it refunded.

So they did get it refundedb:kiss
  • ForTheDQ - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options

First of all, any level 10 who immediately spends "a few grand" is an alt. At level 10, they don't even know what cash shopping is in this game. Considering level 10 is when the boutique even opens. You can't even buy zen until a certain time period/level has been reached.

Second of all; Bill Gates? Yeah, I'm pretty sure famous people have much better things to do. Any gold spent during a rollback period is returned to the account anyway, because it involves real money.

There would be no grounds to sue. At all. For arguments sake, make your scenario realistic please.

Okay, add in that the player who reached 10 was brought onto the game, and his friends were skyping him telling him what to buy and how much to buy. So he had outside information.
    ForTheDQ - An honest name as to why I created this toon, For Holding DQ items.... now that DQ is dieing, I think I'll raise it using the supposidly superior quest system.... but thanks to the rollback, I'm not sure I can.... the Level you see was prior to the rollback.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Okay, add in that the player who reached 10 was brought onto the game, and his friends were skyping him telling him what to buy and how much to buy. So he had outside information.

At level ten you can't even use HALF the stuff that's in the damn boutique. The biggest thing you can use is the starter packs. They only costs between 20 - 50 gold.

Your scenario flunked. Try another.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    derpity derp derp post count +1 merry turkeyday soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No Changing The Topic
    Real Solutions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Proper Planning
    Better Communication Between Ur Staff / Departments
    this has divided the game community and must be rectified
  • ForTheDQ - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    captainr wrote: »
    No Changing The Topic
    Real Solutions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Proper Planning
    Better Communication Between Ur Staff / Departments

Add in: Stop wanking while dealing with customers. b:chuckle
  • lizardbeth420
    lizardbeth420 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    the only things i recieved where the 3 bound orbs 10 Hyper exp Stones and a couple of the exp scrolls that gave 20k exp each and a few members of my faction reveived the event gold cards as well not fair if u ask me but im just wondering why everyone didnt get the samething
    OPKossy wrote: »
    If you didn't have enough mailbox space, you likely didn't receive every reward.

but i no no mails in my inbox and nothing in my invenory i had made sure because i had put everything that was in my inventory into my safe before i redeemed the code and emptyed my mailbox as well before i redeemed the code because i new that i had to make room so i recieved everything that is all i got while my lvl 60+ faction members got the event gold cards so again why did i no get everything and my husband did not even get a chance to collect the compensation before you guys took the code down how is that fair becasue people abused the code u punish everyone who did not get a chance to get it honestly if u think punishing everyone who did not get it because of the abusers is the best way to go you are sadly mistaken because you are going to lose a lot of players
  • ilenscat
    ilenscat Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    At level ten you can't even use HALF the stuff that's in the damn boutique. The biggest thing you can use is the starter packs. They only costs between 20 - 50 gold.

Your scenario flunked. Try another.

During 2x and questing you can get to level 20 in less than one day, and to 40 in a couple of days with no FC. Besides that.... I am sure someone asked this already but I really dont want to read all the hundreds of pages...

Soo... what happened to the people that didnt get the codes. Will there be any way to retrieve the gifts or those are long gone? I could never use the code because the page was overflooded with people and wouldnt let me connect. The code was suspended because of the investigation taking place, but now that you came to a plan.... would you put the code back until nov 24th as it was originally intended?

There has to be a way to stop people from glitching codes, they did it with the dreamchaser packs from the anniversary. We still got codes, but no one could redeem more than once per code.
  • tessarae
    tessarae Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just want to know, if thos that didn't get a chance to use the mass code, and didn't get an email.. will we still get something.... or because others abused it were just S.O.L.????b:surrender
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    maxfiire wrote: »

any orb no matter the refine level can increase the refinement +1, they are only guaranteed to refine upto their refine lvl. a +10 will always refine +1 upto +10 and has a chance to refine to +11 and possibly 12. If it fails it goes back to 10
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ilenscat wrote: »
    During 2x and questing you can get to level 20 in less than one day, and to 40 in a couple of days with no FC. Besides that.... I am sure someone asked this already but I really dont want to read all the hundreds of pages...

Soo... what happened to the people that didnt get the codes. Will there be any way to retrieve the gifts or those are long gone? I could never use the code because the page was overflooded with people and wouldnt let me connect. The code was suspended because of the investigation taking place, but now that you came to a plan.... would you put the code back until nov 24th as it was originally intended?

There has to be a way to stop people from glitching codes, they did it with the dreamchaser packs from the anniversary. We still got codes, but no one could redeem more than once per code.

at this point any that havent got the code and do not have a char on arch serverthat was logged the week of the roll back you get nothing
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    derpity derp derp post count +1 merry turkeyday soon

Bad Decept. Bad! *hits with newspaper* Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done!

but i no no mails in my inbox and nothing in my invenory i had made sure because i had put everything that was in my inventory into my safe before i redeemed the code and emptyed my mailbox as well before i redeemed the code because i new that i had to make room so i recieved everything that is all i got while my lvl 60+ faction members got the event gold cards so again why did i no get everything and my husband did not even get a chance to collect the compensation before you guys took the code down how is that fair becasue people abused the code u punish everyone who did not get a chance to get it honestly if u think punishing everyone who did not get it because of the abusers is the best way to go you are sadly mistaken because you are going to lose a lot of players
    Unfortunately, I don't know the full details behind why this happened, nor am I able to help you more than saying to submit a ticket.

No mod a part of the you guys people talk about when addressing the company. We're just regular players who help keep the forum clean to the best of our ability.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ilenscat wrote: »

It's still unrealistic that someone would spend a few grand on a game right off the bat...

No word on that yet. Always assume no when no information is given.

What likely happened here was that so many people flooded into that page at the same time, it broke. Together with the lag and the constant fresh hitting, the page.....kind of just quit. It wasn't connecting to the place it was supposed to, server couldn't check. Just sent things out anyway. Some people worked out that system or whatever happened, and knowingly abused it. Others, got extra unintentionally. The latter will not be punished, but the former, will.

//five
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This thread has the most views and most replies out of all the threads... whats that tell you b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

First of all, any level 10 who immediately spends "a few grand" is an alt. At level 10, they don't even know what cash shopping is in this game. Considering level 10 is when the boutique even opens. You can't even buy zen until a certain time period/level has been reached. More importantly if you purchase that amount of gold in one hit, you're going to get it released in bits. Not all at once. Fraud checks and what not.

Actually Archos rollback was a complete mess. Some lost both coins and items they sold during rollback, gold had to be refunded, meaning tickets and solving the mess. All in all it was effort to do it for archo, doing it for all the servers? They dont have the manpower. While its normal to assume rollback only rolls back, it wasnt true for archo, people got screwed and figuring out the mess was exhausting to both, players and staff.

Ps. Seriously, the amount of abusers is really a small minority and even out of those only small minority got ridiculous amounts of orbs. And yet we got ppl QQing for pages after pages demanding for rollback when actions to fix the issues have already been decided.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • ForTheDQ - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The fact of the matter is that we have bunches of people qqing.

The reasons are: I didn't get to use the code (enough or at all).

The people who aren't qqing are those who did, or overdid it. The overdid it people are waiting for a rollback announcement, but releaved that it's been turned down.

Beyond that, it's talking about why and why not a rollback is not feezable.
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Actually Archos rollback was a complete mess. Some lost both coins and items they sold during rollback, gold had to be refunded, meaning tickets and solving the mess. All in all it was effort to do it for archo, doing it for all the servers? They dont have the manpower. While its normal to assume rollback only rolls back, it wasnt true for archo, people got screwed and figuring out the mess was exhausting to both, players and staff.

Ps. Seriously, the amount of abusers is really a small minority and even out of those only small minority got ridiculous amounts of orbs. And yet we got ppl QQing for pages after pages demanding for rollback when actions to fix the issues have already been decided.

lol mabey it was only a few on your server not the one i play were more then a few dozen braging about there and news of the glitch went out like wild fire
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options

I'm confused as to why you quoted my post O.o. I said nothing of Arch.

Of course people get screwed in a rollback. That's what a rollback does. It deletes everything they've done. No one comes out a winner during a rollback. Not even the company. It's like yeah they got the server back up, but they have to deal with the immense QQing about coin and exp and what not loss, the raging that "they weren't warned prior to the rollback" even though they would've have been able to get on anyway, etc etc. Then PWI is just like right, compensation. SOmething not a lot of companies do after a rollback. We should feel lucky.

Then they decide to compensate everyone for all the issues all the servers have had for November. They try to be nice and things go boom. I actually kind of feel sorry for PWE. No matter what they try everything seems to blow back up in their face.

I'm happy the company even thinks of compensation. God knows Aeria Games didn't when they rolledback Scarlet Blade.....

+1 to you PWE for thinking of compensation.
This discussion has been closed.