Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Sykarah - Heavens Tear
    Sykarah - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I for one believe that the reason a lot of people feel that way is due to this:

The fact of what hapened with the goon glitch.

People rightfully do NOT have much faith in pwi, and I for one can not blame them ONE single bit.

I still plan on giving them the BOD... but yea if they do what they did with the goon glitchers I will NOT be happy at all.

What goon glitchers? :ODragoons in FF? (i think my server has different slang)
    kiekebooo wrote: »
    maybe i'm too late to get it or w.e but id like to know if this code 6JMMAAB
    is actually dead already<.<, if it is so...i guess we're gonna get the orbs reward by email.....?....so if the code already "expired" why do i still see people abusing it on my server o.o? (Harshlands)

What you see on your server is people opening the packs they got with the code yesterday :) The GMs took the code off due to abuse. Nobody is still getting the code, they are opening packs they previously got in the mail.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Aye those, except we call it fc over here. :$ Different 'slangs' ftw!
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Vhori - Harshlands
    Vhori - Harshlands Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Oh we called it SFC, I was wondering what "goon glitch" was =s
  • Sykarah - Heavens Tear
    Sykarah - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Aye those, except we call it fc over here. :$ Different 'slangs' ftw!

ah okay thanks! :) f:cute
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ban Me From Forums Or Whatever, I Just Want To Summarize All What Is Written Above:
    Bull****

Worse Choice Ever, Really

Graxman Aggres W Kym
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    zirex147 wrote: »
    DefenderofDreams you are being very unfair to those who did not get anything

It wasn't really his call though. He's, essentially, just their messenger for us.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • novatheorganoid
    novatheorganoid Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It wasn't really his call though. He's, essentially, just their messenger for us.

But as a society, we have all agreed to always shoot the messenger... or kick them into the bottomless pit.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh we called it SFC, I was wondering what "goon glitch" was =s

It so had many different names for it... I just have always found it easier to call it what it actually is... the 'goon glitch' though yes those mobs were actually called dragoonz or some **** like that. xD lol forget the exact spelling
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kiekebooo wrote: »
    maybe i'm too late to get it or w.e but id like to know if this code 6JMMAAB
    is actually dead already<.<, if it is so...i guess we're gonna get the orbs reward by email.....?....so if the code already "expired" why do i still see people abusing it on my server o.o? (Harshlands)

Yeah, seems like it is dead already, why did it die already and hopefully I get orbs by email... going to send in a ticket.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

what you have done by giving the code is really big damage. I wanna see, if you can keep your word by punishing people that get more than 3 orb. and what will u do with people who havent get the orb?

****ing ******, you dont want to rollback but havent give any answer to people who dont get the benefit. jeez
  • ashleymarieply08
    ashleymarieply08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well as a few +10 op people put it so well in world chat today....go ahead ban for 2 days after all their gear went from +5 to +10 on 4 pieces of gear and weapon cost saving on this if using todays prices on 10* orbs =2.000,000,000 a 2 day ban really is worth abusing a system, if this is the route pwi is going to go on this abuse. I think the fools was us the ones who follow the rules set out by pwi for we ever since the goonze days have done nothing but fall behind it seems.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It so had many different names for it... I just have always found it easier to call it what it actually is... the 'goon glitch' though yes those mobs were actually called dragoonz or some **** like that. xD lol forget the exact spelling

HT had codenames like "Pizza FF" or "Cookie Room".

It was ridiculous.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • kiekebooo
    kiekebooo Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What you see on your server is people opening the packs they got with the code yesterday :) The GMs took the code off due to abuse. Nobody is still getting the code, they are opening packs they previously got in the mail.[/QUOTE]

i see, :0 thank you!, so the ones who didn't get a chance to get it, just....uhh won't get it at all, ore do they have to send a ticket for it?

and also, about the people who got 9 orbs by using the code once...will they keep the extra orbs?
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013

no, he is stupid to begin with by posting the code.
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How about those people who didnt get a chance to get their orbs? b:surrender

Then we are **** out of luck. We will get nothing, after they fix whatever it is they broke they will be only compensating the Arch server again as per the response from the ticket I submitted. Time to just contact your banks and to take back all the charges to Perfect World Entertainment and let PWI keep your toon because apparently if they lose out of money its no big deal. One person that I know of got 9 orbs. Thats $450 USD when orbs are not on sale.

Happy Holidays PWI you ****ing **** heads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Exactly, who made the call that the other servers needed compensation?

I would be surprised if they didn't fire the guy that did it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • maxfiire
    maxfiire Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what you have done by giving the code is really big damage. I wanna see, if you can keep your word by punishing people that get more than 3 orb. and what will u do with people who havent get the orb?

****ing ******, you dont want to rollback but havent give any answer to people who dont get the benefit. jeez

A lot did the code just once and got 4 to 6 orbs, so how its that abuse. PWE screwed up. Plain and simple.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's sad that PWI has already made an immediate, snap judgement on this, against many player's wishes. Even people who received multiple orbs wanted a rollback, but PWI has rarely ever changed their minds on things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013

That is understandable, only thing I can say is what is the point of having game managers if they cant manage the game

b:surrender
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Yukiou - Heavens Tear
    Yukiou - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Code has already expired.b:angry
    Meow~
  • ashleymarieply08
    ashleymarieply08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well here we go again ....the fools who did not abuse the system get screwed one more time.As some of the abusers stated today on w/c who cares if 2 day ban. slap on the wrist they said, they now have taken their gear and weapon from +5 to +10 a saving at todays prices of 10*Orbs of 2,000,000,000. The fools are the ones who do not abuse the rules when opportunity arises as they continue to fall behind, been this way since the goonze day. Shows all its better to cheat then not if you want to get even in this game wth its only going to be couple of day ban and when you come back op gear GJ PWI once again.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i wonder if pple actually think a load of others were +9 or something lol... Most pple refine with tisha tien to +5-6 and even after that is a waste of sorts if your not good at it (mirage, tisha/tien usage)
    At +8 your already going to start have to use that free orb.
    8, 9, 10, thats 3 used already.

Odds are, you and that +10 guy will still get one shot by the +12 guy because you guys werent able to afford +12ing it in the first place. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • novatheorganoid
    novatheorganoid Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Code has already expired.b:angry

Derp a derp a derp.
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I agree 100%. Every server was affected by this, and I feel completely disregarded (to put it nicely) for getting absolutely nothing after all of this. This whole situation is such an epic fail. Depending on how NW goes tonight, I'll have to gauge how much this has changed the balance of the game, and possibly be forced to call it quits.
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • darknes051
    darknes051 Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    roll Back Or Give Other Ppl The Prize Too
  • saber1012
    saber1012 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Been playing this game for over 3 years and I can not get nothing good from you guys wow while everybody else got +10 orbs
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013

i dunno.
    I rather have him there, than have someone who has a complete lack of understanding behind the consideration that was involved... even tho it turned out bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Xinnz - Heavens Tear
    Xinnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How about those people who didnt get a chance to get their orbs? b:surrender

yeah, the post said the code lasts till sunday the 24th, a few people, including myself, havent gotten the orbs. i think its only fair to allow people who hasnt gotten it to get them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwcalc.com/ea8859329e47bb43
    456 fashion items and counting
    #1 Adversity - tinyurl.com/Xinversity b:thanks
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013

So the clerk at the grocery store is stupid for trying to exchange your faulty product for one that works like they're supposed to even though the clerk has no control over anything aside from their attempt to get you satisfied?

Because you're saying the same thing.

He did his best to help us and even now he's playing the role of messenger trying to give us help and information... with things his bosses tell him. If anyone's stupid here, it'd be those blindly lashing out at the people who are trying to help us even though they have no need to do so. Since all they're really doing is telling those who would otherwise assist us to avoid helping us in the future.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SABER_X - Raging Tide
    SABER_X - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    not to blame pwi or something. but u guys might as well not giving out the code now the whole pwi community is pissing off and raging
This discussion has been closed.