Rollback... Yes or No???

Options

Comments

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Do ppl understand what "Once" means? They say'd 1 ( Once ) per account not 2 or 3 or more time's.

Sadly many many many people are only in it for personal gain. What is more disturbing is that those SAME people do not want a roll back cuz now that they have great refines they wanna keep them. Which is fine but what about all the people that never even got to use the code? So all these people get a **** ton of orbs and other things and some of us get it once or not at all and people really think this is fair or remotely right? As TheDutchman said in his post many people have worked hard and long to get where they are now with their gear and refines to just have PWE give EVERYONE a chance to have OP refines for nothing just to have people abuse it and ruin all those years of hard work for them. Like i have said many times roll back or give us all the orbs we want. There is really no other solution to make this fair for the player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Can someone like post what the entire code had ?

And were those event cards 50 event gold ? b:laugh
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • Hinatachii - Dreamweaver
    Hinatachii - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rollback. f:grin
    You mad? f:grin
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    SyIver - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sadly many many many people are only in it for personal gain. What is more disturbing is that those SAME people do not want a roll back cuz now that they have great refines they wanna keep them. Which is fine but what about all the people that never even got to use the code? So all these people get a **** ton of orbs and other things and some of us get it once or not at all and people really think this is fair or remotely right? As TheDutchman said in his post many people have worked hard and long to get where they are now with their gear and refines to just have PWE give EVERYONE a chance to have OP refines for nothing just to have people abuse it and ruin all those years of hard work for them. Like i have said many times roll back or give us all the orbs we want. There is really no other solution to make this fair for the player base.

Ya i know, and i sawd what TheDutchman posted and he is right....So what more good reasons they need to dont do a rollback? The ppl that keep insisting to dont rollback bec they will lose ...1lvl? mabe 2 are just makeing excuses to keep theyr 10+ orbs .
  • manuhsz
    manuhsz Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ROLLBACK f:grin
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    SyIver - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Roll on U're Back b:laughb :chuckle
  • FirstJustice - Lost City
    FirstJustice - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's about 3am of the pwe staff atm. And they obviously didn't hire a single person for the night shift who is competent (otherwise all servers would be already off).

Let's hope they sleep well, they will neeed their beauty sleep. Either for some hours of overtime at weekend or for finding a new job because many of them got kicked.

If they didn't make an update 20-30h ago (and I'm sure they didn't) the only solution is to sit down and check every account which logged to website, step by step. Every account. Every account. Every account. Every account. For a few days. And servers have to be down for that time.

Punish the extreme exploiters hard (which visited the webpage 10, 20, 30, 120+mins later to get more gifts. I would suggest a 6months roll-back or a perma bann.

If pwe staff won't do anything this time I will quit. This is the worst exploit ever. Goons/dreamchaser/maiden chest glitches are a joke in comparision to this disaster.

Pwe staff just killed the game because they killed the end-game motivation. And the end-game motivation is the only reason why most people are still here.

I have to agree bud. Im a 92 bm and been playing for over 4 years. The only reason im still playing this game is to reach endgame. However, this exploit ruined for me.

If they're not gonna do something about this, i most likely have no reason to keep playing.
    At first i thought it was a nice gift from pwi to give people something to work to, but some only at our server alone, there were people that got the orbs over 50 times, some even claim over 80 times. Which is plainly, the most stupid thing that could have ever happened.

I just think it's sad how some people who abused the code ( which i do not argue, it being pwe messing up their redeem site ) are getting benefits, while many others just got three, or even none at all. Where is the fairness in this whole situation?

I'm just disappointed in general. Disappointed in PWe as well as the people that play the game. I dont think they realise the impact this issue has on the game. A lot of people are gonna quit, either way. However, pwi lost over 200k worth of cash. Not really something they can afford right now.

Anyhow, i just hope as you said, that the people that abused this code, will somehow be punished but i doubt that's happening. Too many people abused so the only legit remaining option to do a rollback.

Either way, pwi has some issues they need to fix. Before updating the game, and releasing new content, they should try and fix the main errors in the game and on the site. So stuff like this doesnt happen.
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't really understand what was so difficult about just mailing each player the bound rewards like have done for every single promotion they had ever done in the history of the game. This whole thing to me smells like "well we didn't do this right, might as well give the code to everyone, oh wait it's broken and can be used an unlimited number of times.

I'd say rollback, but honestly? I don't want them to. There is nothing "fair" or "honest" about a game that was intentionally designed to cripple anyone who doesn't spend thousands of dollars on their cash cow, and if you don't believe me just wait for the expansion. Any edge we can get on the people hoarding billions of coins is one you should take

If a rollback does happen don't expect to get anything back.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Glandire - Harshlands
    Glandire - Harshlands Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I dont get why that poll was ended it was a legit poll and people were really actively voting for once. While i appreciate that the moderators are doing their job that poll was a good way to show PWE that we want something and i for one think it should be reopened.

What with people who do not visit forums tho? Forum people decide in their place? Especially that I have impression pwi gamers who never come here are majority. And what with alt accounts. Could we vote using them them too? Yup. I do not see how this was legit in the first place...
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    To bad some trigger happy mod sent it to the lower depths. No one can vote anymore.

Yes, I also recognized that our "mods" fight hard for the scammers. I didn't expect anything else anyway, they are a shame, not only for this community, also for humanity. They are like little **** which got a bit power.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What with people who do not visit forums tho? Forum people decide in their place? Especially that I have impression pwi gamers who never come here are majority. And what with alt accounts. Could we vote using them them too? Yup. I do not see how this was legit in the first place...

So youre saying that it is a bad idea based on the fact that people can use alts to vote....well idk how or if that works but regardless that was a great poll and people have a right to make them. I mean they gave us the option to make polls for a reason. And if you didnt care about it you can always choose to NOT vote there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

The people playing the game and never visit the forums obviously don't care. You can get news about the game, where? You can only get the codes, where? The forums. They know where to go when they want something but don't know where to go when a problem comes up? If they don't then they never received a code and wasn't planning on getting it. Which means they have nothing to do with it in the first place.

And there were a lot of people crying for rollbacks in WC. Why wouldn't they visit the forums to see whats going on?
  • Glandire - Harshlands
    Glandire - Harshlands Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So youre saying that it is a bad idea based on the fact that people can use alts to vote....well idk how or if that works but regardless that was a great poll and people have a right to make them. I mean they gave us the option to make polls for a reason. And if you didnt care about it you can always choose to NOT vote there.

I also said forum community is smaller than in game one. And since it was not official poll that would be really upseting if it would happen to decide about stuff. I understand it could reflect opinions in some way but let's be honest, most people who showed up here in the first place (aka voters) did that to rage/complaint and demand roll.

I am not against leting us decide, but if they would really want to do that some official thing and in game information about voting would be nice.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    general discussion -> lower depths -> general discussion

wow.
    b:bye
  • pepeka
    pepeka Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Roll back asap please
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    general discussion -> lower depths -> general discussion

wow.

Not really spectacular. I get wrong sometimes, and don't mind admitting as much. :) Someone asked if the poll thread could be saved, even though they understood the need for their to not to be too many threads on the issue. They wanted to see the numbers, felt it was important. And I agreed it was a mistake on my part, given that they can't just add a poll to the official post and restored the page. Numbers are indeed good. As it stands now GD would be 3 pages of nothing but orbs if so many topics weren't snipped for power-posting though. Which would bury things like the fact some people on archo still cannot login because the of the cannot retrieve character list error. Which is why I ask that you guys please limit the discussion the orb discussion to here or http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1644331 that thread instead. Rather than create a new thread. GMs are well aware of these concerns.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    At first i said no to a rollback, mostly because its unfair for those who haven't abused the code and those who didn't even get one, why let them suffer? But then again.. I don't see any other possible option. Banning the abusers would kill the game and thats something i dont want either. So i voted yes.
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    text

-Offtopic- I love your siggy.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Not really spectacular. I get wrong sometimes, and don't mind admitting as much. :) Someone asked if the poll thread could be saved, even though they understood the need for their to not to be too many threads on the issue. They wanted to see the numbers, felt it was important. And I agreed it was a mistake on my part, given that they can't just add a poll to the official post and restored the page. Numbers are indeed good. As it stands now GD would be 3 pages of nothing but orbs if so many topics weren't snipped for power-posting though. Which would bury things like the fact some people on archo still cannot login because the of the cannot retrieve character list error. Which is why I ask that you guys please limit the discussion the orb discussion to here or http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1644331 that thread instead. Rather than create a new thread. GMs are well aware of these concerns.

It is sad to hear some people trash talking Mods like you. You are clearly just trying your best to maintain balance in chaos and for that people should be grateful. Ty for restoring this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krystabela - Harshlands
    Krystabela - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    There should be a IDC either way option on the poll. Seems to me both sides have some vaild arguments about whether or not it should be rolled back. People are taking this far to seriously. Its just a game .. *quickly ducks to avoid anything thrown*
  • Daenerys_ - Archosaur
    Daenerys_ - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No more rollback. Everytime they try to "fix" something, another thing is broken. Stop the madness!
    As soon as you're born you start dying... so you might as well have a good time. b:victory
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I voted YES because I haven't been in game for weeks, so this rollback wouldn't have any effects on my characters b:laugh
  • wissamidrissi
    wissamidrissi Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't play this game as much as before but my fiance still playing so I accompany her from time to time, and I am really pissed now because she spent whole year lvling and farming, and we even bought ZEN many times for stupid stuff, then when they finally give something worth it for free, people abuse it and she doesn't get it even once.
    It's a game that is true, but you cannot deny the fact that when you spend money it becomes serious, I am not pissed people got free stuff, I am pissed that PWI is not secure enough to guarantee equality, it's PWI fault and no one else, the solution is simple they should check logs on their redeem page and remove the items from every account that got the code more then once. patch it up and put it online again, if they keep logs....
  • Opwizard - Harshlands
    Opwizard - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rollback and fix this asap !!!!!!!!!!!! or you goin lose more players b:chuckle
  • jaspk123
    jaspk123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    don't make any poll if your not going to agree in the majority-- its a kinda USELESSb:beatenupb:fatb
  • OneMeanCat - Dreamweaver
    OneMeanCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just when you think PWI cannot get anymore inept they do this.

What happens on other servers is not my problem as I do not play there. Just rollback Dreamweaver, and quickly or it will be time to move on to another game, simple as that.
    b:bye
  • imstretch
    imstretch Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i Honestly do not want a rollback, no i did not get any orbs, but after spending hours and hours of my week playing and spamming world chats i think i would feel really pissed off if i had to waste my 2k tele all over again.....
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    imstretch wrote: »
    i Honestly do not want a rollback, no i did not get any orbs, but after spending hours and hours of my week playing and spamming world chats i think i would feel really pissed off if i had to waste my 2k tele all over again.....

That's np, just send them to me. They will be used well.
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ROLLBACK BOW b:cry