New DQ System Suggestion Thread

Options

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The chinese devs wouldn't spoil something that keeps gold prices high. No DQ = Gold prices will fall drastically and thus everything's prices.

Hence earlier suggestions to not do the and/and of selling DQ items to get both coins AND DQpoints. I'd sooner go for an or/or: Sell the items for coins, OR trade them in at specific NPCs for DQ points. Either that or have the Dragon Quest completion grant a load of DQ points - it'd make people go do those again for a change.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The chinese devs wouldn't spoil something that keeps gold prices high. No DQ = Gold prices will fall drastically and thus everything's prices.

uhm you do realize that some DQ was made worthless npc ing at 1 coin and rest of the DQ was decreased in NPC value dramatically. because of Chinese players botting and getting to much money from it. instead of punishing the players that are breaking the rules, they blanket punish everyone. or so we were told at the time of the changes.

would be wonderful for someone to pay attention to players. making a thread stickied and then completely ignore us is a worse slap in the face. it isnt rocket science to figure this out.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    uhm you do realize that some DQ was made worthless npc ing at 1 coin and rest of the DQ was decreased in NPC value dramatically. because of Chinese players botting and getting to much money from it. instead of punishing the players that are breaking the rules, they blanket punish everyone. or so we were told at the time of the changes.

would be wonderful for someone to pay attention to players. making a thread stickied and then completely ignore us is a worse slap in the face. it isnt rocket science to figure this out.

Honestly, it's hard to tell what's going on on the devs's minds really... back then, they did that to counter botting, but now the even put an in-built bot program that you can bot for as long as you can...

I really can't get what were they are trying to take PWI on, but i'm sure as hell it is the path that doesn't supports non-cashshoppers in the slightest.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Since we have this issue with the event gold going on, and since they added stuff to the event boutique that is way expensive, I was thinking that we could use the DQ drops in order to farm event gold in some way.

Lets say low level DQ would ncp for small amounts of event silver. Higher level DQ would npc up to 1 event gold. Something like that.
  • stefen2u
    stefen2u Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    what year are we talking getting this system put in place lol as games are can be made in 6 months which is how long it's been since we had a dq system, the new system was supposed to be in place before the old one was taken down......will there be a new dq system...i think not!....at least not anytime this year
  • Taeiro - Harshlands
    Taeiro - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    STILL NOTHING AFTER SO MANY DAYS..... b:angry b:angry b:angry

Why not keep your current players HAPPY instead of creating more games... some of them were really EXTREMELY POOR like your JADE DYNASTY...b:angryb:angry
  • Zhenmax - Archosaur
    Zhenmax - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Relax guys, you may have seen a huge difference or let say improvement from the last two years. So lets give them more time and try not to pressure them, besides, its for us of what ever improvement they are doing. Think about this, if they release it asap because of your request event its not being polish and something bad happens, you will start complaining and crying without thinking that if was actually your fault because you made them do it asap because you pressured them right? Pwe is doing there job right. Lets give them some time and lets love the game. Tc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    stefen2u wrote: »
    what year are we talking getting this system put in place lol as games are can be made in 6 months...

Umm... what quality of game are we talking about here? Something like PWI would take a HECKUVA lot longer than 6 months to make. Consider the fact that the devs don't even really know how to edit the old code, and you've got a dilemma the size of a rancor on steroids. They essentially have to patch in code to add anything not already in the game, hoping that it doesn't break anything else. If it does, they then have to figure out why it broke, fix it, and again hope that something else doesn't break.

Working on a game that you did not create is a lot like trying to break into Fort Knox - trial and error, with a lot more error than trial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Darkkrow - Archosaur
    Darkkrow - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    on when the new DQ system is coming online, been waiting for it more then a year now
  • biggl28
    biggl28 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    it has been almost a year since u guys claimed to be working on a new DQ system
    we are starting to think you guys are not going to bring DQ back at all since there hasnt be any other detail about the new DQ system for almost a year now
    if you guys are not going to bring the new DQ system then put the old one back and even if you guys are making a new DQ system put the old one back until the new system is complete because its taking way too long

P.S everyone thinks it was really stupid to remove the silver event gold charm from the boutique since its been there for so long there wasnt any reason to remove it
  • sinshe
    sinshe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I thk they are so depressed they can't get the "new dq system" to work that they stopped reading this forum lol.... b:shutup
  • barbalish
    barbalish Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    b:shutup
    Greetings PWI community,

We here on the PWI team have indeed been reading the forum posts/threads on this subject, and have been collecting as much information as we can for what's to come. We hear your voice, and know we are taking heed. However, I cannot give an exact date as to when the new system will be launched, as details are still changing due to the new system still being worked on.

We have not released a blog post (as of yet) on what's to come due to this reason. We rather not post something that is constantly changing every week, thus confusing everyone until the release of the new system.

As such, I can only at this point give out the following information:

-There is a new system being worked on to replace the DQ system

The reason we have decided to phase out the current DQ system, is that it frankly wasn't living up to our standards in terms of reliability and consistency. Many problems with the DQ point update system and reward redemption flow would all too often have issues, giving both you and us many headaches. Thus it has been decided to create a brand new system that can be much more stable for the future.

I will be updating this thread as I gain concrete information that I can pass on to you, the community.

Until that point, we'd love for you to give us your thoughts on what you personally would like to see in the new DQ system, because as has been mentioned, it has not been finalized yet.

We still have time to make changes before its release.

Please, discuss and I am open to PMs. (not only Genotypist!)

Updates:

-Current points will not carry over to the new system.
    -That being said, we WILL give ample warning for when the current DQ system will be taken down. You will have plenty of time to use the points you have acquired up to that point.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Anything happening or is this bad for the in-game economy? (Might help if they didn't use government economists.)

b:bye
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    sinshe wrote: »
    I thk they are so depressed they can't get the "new dq system" to work that they stopped reading this forum lol.... b:shutup

Most likely they didn`t even try to make an alternative and hope we will forget about it by putting more cs related **** or some lame contests.
  • Xestria - Dreamweaver
    Xestria - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Greetings PWI community,

We here on the PWI team have indeed been reading the forum posts/threads on this subject, and have been collecting as much information as we can for what's to come. We hear your voice, and know we are taking heed. However, I cannot give an exact date as to when the new system will be launched, as details are still changing due to the new system still being worked on.

We have not released a blog post (as of yet) on what's to come due to this reason. We rather not post something that is constantly changing every week, thus confusing everyone until the release of the new system.

As such, I can only at this point give out the following information:

-There is a new system being worked on to replace the DQ system

The reason we have decided to phase out the current DQ system, is that it frankly wasn't living up to our standards in terms of reliability and consistency. Many problems with the DQ point update system and reward redemption flow would all too often have issues, giving both you and us many headaches. Thus it has been decided to create a brand new system that can be much more stable for the future.

I will be updating this thread as I gain concrete information that I can pass on to you, the community.

Until that point, we'd love for you to give us your thoughts on what you personally would like to see in the new DQ system, because as has been mentioned, it has not been finalized yet.

We still have time to make changes before its release.

Please, discuss and I am open to PMs. (not only Genotypist!)

Updates:

-Current points will not carry over to the new system.
    -That being said, we WILL give ample warning for when the current DQ system will be taken down. You will have plenty of time to use the points you have acquired up to that point.

Just like all the other threads on DQ issues over the last 3 years, and some longer. Was not broke from the starte till started removing changing, last ouch 1 coin....

So keep sellin packs and losing $ on junk...
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Face it people, PWE lies, they will continue to lie, and they will continue to abuse the player base. As long as people are willing to swallow thier garbage and pay to win, they have zero reason to pay attention to us.
  • Djcale - Raging Tide
    Djcale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    so.......... gold charms are back in the event boutique and botting was made legal.

you dont need to change DQ just bring it back and watch the economy go back to normal like magic ;)

Botting has been going on for years. Sure theres a hell load of coin floating around which makes it "worth less" but it's not because of botting. 1-2 mil a day would never make this much of a difference.

Things were much more stable when people werent able to charge up to 20m for charms (yes that is what they got up to on RT) which im afraid in my opinion is a necessity (agreed it's not ACTUALLY and the game can be played without it but for those who do wish to TW and pull cata, its needed... and lets not forget the amount of coins TW generates compared to botting)
  • impys
    impys Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Face it people, PWE lies, they will continue to lie, and they will continue to abuse the player base. As long as people are willing to swallow thier garbage and pay to win, they have zero reason to pay attention to us.

Your right, and they will tey won't bring back DQ for the players it's been a year already
    Forsaken World -

name- _Pure_Beauty_
    lvl- 60-70
    race- lycan
    class- priest
    guild-silentnight
    Server-storm

*Special Thanks to Attalia_Elyse for-my-siggy*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxxxjayxxxx
    xxxxjayxxxx Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

we'd love for you to give us your thoughts on what you personally would like to see in the new DQ system

I would like to see a new system put in b:laugh nearly a year since this was annouced, would be nice to see something tangible for the length of time that this has been "worked on"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    so any word sparky on this been a while since we had any info. are we aquirring dq still since we sell it all the time or no? will these points we should have going to vanish when the systen comes out? btw is it the annivsarry of the game again and no 2x on for the month kinda strange just some i'd like some answers to. thx
  • stefen2u
    stefen2u Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    PWi ..why don't you just tell us the truth, being as you have no intention of implementing any kind of DQ rewards system, instead of trying to feed us this ****.....sorry folks chances of a new system are Zero..why give stuff away when you can sell it. The numbers in game ar decreasing they will probably be closing the servers on this game soon anyway.
    kill it softly and they think noone will notice!
  • pwiforever
    pwiforever Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    can u stop crying about DQ reward?! we get codes every week. forgot any DQ reward!
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ...So I guess PWE sort of dropped the ball on this one didn't they?

Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey. If you're not gonna give us DQP's back, at least reset the value of items to what they were before....
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    i want dq system back. how it cmes that we dont have it yet, its been a year,.. still nothing i dont do much with weekly give away those r lame, 1 event gold per week and not per week but 1 per month? makes no sense. at least i could farm them ...
  • Sudqi - Sanctuary
    Sudqi - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    how it was old days with DQ System

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*signature made by Xiaimine b:victory
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    either give us the new Dq Stystem or tell us we are not gonna get it so we can move on either way its not hard to set it up if u do and if your not just tell us already
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Please remove this thread..as PWE has made it clear they will never bring back DQ`s

every week this thread grows with 0 responce or updates..i just dont see the point in allowing this thread to be here when DQ is not coming back.

Of all the threads these forums mods lock,remove,delete..this one should be gone for giveing false hope.
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Please remove this thread..as PWE has made it clear they will never bring back DQ`s

every week this thread grows with 0 responce or updates..i just dont see the point in allowing this thread to be here when DQ is not coming back.

Of all the threads these forums mods lock,remove,delete..this one should be gone for giveing false hope.

Lock and unsticky.

At least, if everyone agrees not to post for 30 days or whatever the necro limit was, then after that period post something - NECROOOOOOO! closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Hot_Legs - Dreamweaver
    Hot_Legs - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I read where they have supposedly came out with a different system and it gives a link to that page but it sends me to arc instead.
    I haven't played PWI in awhile and was told we no longer can exchange our dq items for gifts..If someone knows something about this please let me know??
  • Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide
    Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'm running a low level alt. It's hard to survive without the support of drops. I don't see how a new player could last unless they started CSing at the start of playing. b:shocked