New DQ System Suggestion Thread

Options

Comments

• Hobogin - Heavens Tear
    Hobogin - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Looks like the DQ points have officially stopped updating. Wish they'd think of something to say about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    They were supposed to have stopped in December, let them lag on this long... Sheesh, at least give us a real warning when they will actually stop counting.
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • PVM_only - Sanctuary
    PVM_only - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i guess from all the complains here from the dq's not beeing updated shows that alot of people still use dq's and alot of them still dont evenknow they are down. comming back to topic ... how about another try on the medals of glory on dq's or even GST's there. i bet if they where in there alot more ppl woulduse dq's
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    awh what im so close the the event card thing ;-; y u do this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Absence notes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • OverHealed - Harshlands
    OverHealed - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I agree with this,

(1) TT Mats Green/Gold serve as "points"

Rewards:

1. Pigments
    2. Makeover Scrolls
    3. Reputation
    4. Demon/Sage Event Cards
    5. Tisha and Tienkang
    6. Utility Charms (+50% Reduction Magic/Physical)
    7. Do Alls AND COF Letter
    8. EXP Orbs Level 70+
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Absence notes.

This for sure! We need some way to obtain these besides some event that rarely happens. Especially since you cannot use them once the month has passed. Either that, or hold the event that yields these more often. But considering the response given(nothing) to the requests from many players asking for these after the multiple rollbacks; I wont hold my breath.

On another note, I think I would just like it if the player base wasn't the alpha/beta testers for this new system as seems to be the trend. If you're going to introduce a new system to the game, for the love of sanity, please make sure it's 100% functional.

I'd also prefer, if the new system utilizes drop items like the DQ system, that the icons for those items not look like 10 other items in the game. Yes, I know I can check the description of items before I NPC them, but I would rather not have to go into a fit of paranoia before I confirm the sale.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    my sugestion is implement it now XD or during tha gap reprice the DQ items as they used to be priced or better give better rewards when doing the Dragon Quest ... but as a suggestion implement it now XD b:laughb:thanksb:bye
  • kailah15
    kailah15 Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hey some ... maybe alot of us use those points as random dyes and p stones. I would love to have them back. And the Token shop was nice to feel rewarded for reaching certain achievments.
    I would like to see a variation of the pets and fashion as reward maybe rotate it once in a while or make new items higher points...
    I just want them back darn it.
  • theusurper
    theusurper Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i guess my question is in reguard to the fact that i cant find the old system any more, so im still taking a wait and see approach as to whether or not newer is better.
  • Xipil - Lost City
    Xipil - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If we had a balance of points, will we be able to use those or will we have to start all over again collecting? I tried to access the old DQ page and realized I had something lke 20k points I would be perturbed to loose.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If we had a balance of points, will we be able to use those or will we have to start all over again collecting? I tried to access the old DQ page and realized I had something lke 20k points I would be perturbed to loose.

Answer to that question is in the original post.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Old DQ system is no longer updating, hasn't been for 2 weeks. There's been no notification of a new system being implemented that I've noticed so I'm assuming that's a glitch in the system...

Suggestions for the new DQ point system:
    - Limit to the amount of points gainable per day. (To put a hard cap at the amount of stuff botters can bot)
    - More useful rewards. Most of the times people just convert DQ points into event gold, subsequently blowing that on low charms. Add for instance the Mysterious Chip to the rewards (not the pack, but the untradeable chip itself). This will make the Mysterious Chip sales less sought after, and will reduce the prices of General Summer's Token prices which have become quite high.
    - Consider adding the +1 Dragon Orb to either the event boutique or the DQ reward system
    - Consider adding the Mirage Celestone to the rewards, to offset the problems for newer players to obtain these now that the Twilight Temple no longer drops fairy boxes. (Alternatively, add the fairy box to the DQ rewards).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Namishka - Raging Tide
    Namishka - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Old DQ system is no longer updating, hasn't been for 2 weeks. There's been no notification of a new system being implemented that I've noticed so I'm assuming that's a glitch in the system...

- Limit to the amount of points gainable per day. (To put a hard cap at the amount of stuff botters can bot)
    - More useful rewards. Most of the times people just convert DQ points into event gold, subsequently blowing that on low charms. Add for instance the Mysterious Chip to the rewards (not the pack, but the untradeable chip itself). This will make the Mysterious Chip sales less sought after, and will reduce the prices of General Summer's Token prices which have become quite high.
    - Consider adding the +1 Dragon Orb to either the event boutique or the DQ reward system
    - Consider adding the Mirage Celestone to the rewards, to offset the problems for newer players to obtain these now that the Twilight Temple no longer drops fairy boxes. (Alternatively, add the fairy box to the DQ rewards).

i aggree to Evryn. better look for more useful rewards, by then, it will no longer hurt me much to loose all dq's i've collected for several weeksb:victory

economy now has gone crazy so how would you attract new players if by the first time they touched PWI, high prices of essential game items are far way to reachb:cry
  • obsceneyouare
    obsceneyouare Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

actually they said they wouldn't implement arc till they had the new arc dq system up and working, and lo and behold they did it anyway...oooh pwi you fail fookers =s doesn't bug me, once they took the DQ system i stopped playin anyway
  • Xx_sixx_xx - Sanctuary
    Xx_sixx_xx - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My suggestion is to put the old system back in. (If it really has been removed)

Been 2 weeks and mine haven't updated after I spent 3 days farming DQ since it WAS still working.

Giving a warning 4 months ago that they will be removed in Dec then not removing it I think made everyone think that it wasn't going to be or at least we expected another warning saying "Hey, we know its been 4 months but we are removing it now" IF it has been removed which I hope it hasn't been and its just a glitch or something.
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    It was removed when forum had maintenance. stuff like core connect (on website, not arc) is removed as well.
    This is a test
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    On my point of view DQ- System is the only way how you can
    a) Farm and generate new coins for market place
    b) Access cheap but needed basic items to play game
    c) Getting status symbols with a high amount of coins

Coins are general used for paying other players, buying items from other players
    or buy gold for boutique items.

It is needed, that amount of coins you are able to farm in a specific time
    should be related to cash-option for people who dont have time to farm this money
    and will use this option instead.

For this reason, you also need a limit and control functions for both kind of players.
    At the moment, the system is going unbalanced (see threads about gold prices)

I already saw some nice ideas, e. g. new horizons world - limit drops according to your farming time.

I expect from a free-to-play game, that there is a serious way to play without any cash,
    but gaming experience of course will be limited.

e. g.
    offer silver charms but no platin charms
    offer refining objects but no dragon orbs

Special about beginners, its very hard to get their first TT gear.
    There should be possibilities to get these items without a squad for beginners.
    It is too hard for beginners getting such items without spending cash or help from others.
    The help of gear should be so far, that they are at least can start doing warsong and/or bh 99
    in squads. (may be just adjust the DQ- Quests for getting molds, items and more?)

They dont have any influence on your gear or give an advantage for fights but they are nice to have.

e. g.:
    - pigments
    - specific fashions
    - customized shops
    - special status symbols

May be also title for spending a lot of DQ items in-game?

Implementation & Integration

a) User Interface
    At least for implementation, I would expect a DQ-Item-Web-Shop, there I could pay with DQ-Items. I think design and implementing functions should be oriented to ARC template in this case.

b) Main Account - Sub Account
    ... and in order to this ARC: May be a main account for several PWI - sub accounts and you can summarize these DQ-Items?
    So PWI have control about amount of accounts and players getting advantage about different password/mail logons from main and sub accounts? --> Result: Higher security
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thought I'd throw 2 cents in before its too late.

I'd like to see the current dq rewards with the addition of things that are near impossible to farm right now in the game:

Mirage Celestones: (it's next to impossible for anyone below 100 to refine anything, now that fairy boxes have all but disappeared)

Phoenix Feathers/Source of Force: I refuse to put $250 of my real life money for a second-best digital pet. I'm playing a free-to-play game for a reason.

MoG: Appears to only be a cash-shop available item. I don't know, I haven't bothered trying to get r9.

I won't allow myself to add any more money to this game. I got excited about that rank sale last month and charged $30 to my visa, got the rank 8 top for my sin... then got horribly depressed I charged $30 to my visa. That's $30 I could have used for real life food at the end of the month... or a nice rug.. I could have bought a nice rug for bedroom dammit... So yah, lesson learned.

So since I can't add any more of my real life money to the game, it'd be cool if I could pick at collecting feathers for that pretty phoenix, or save up for a number of months and start collecting mogs.

Though, I'm ok with watching all the cash-shop venos with their ugly hercs and r9 gear and being jealous while they kick my butt, but remain happy I'm not starving.
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    implement it now, thats all XD since the old DQ system is not updating ppl feel like farming DQ now is a waste of time and coins since most DQ value 1 coin ...
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I just want those chest of coinz to have value again, opening it with hammer is just waste of coinz.

Also, can u make the new (if implemented) to be exchangable with mirage stones? Since it only drop from UCH and BH100, most new player will have difficulties in getting them.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Firysia - Heavens Tear
    Firysia - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    On my point of view DQ- System is the only way how you can

Coins are general used for paying other players, buying items from other players
    or buy gold for boutique items.

It is needed, that amount of coins you are able to farm in a specific time
    should be related to cash-option for people who dont have time to farm this money
    and will use this option instead.

For this reason, you also need a limit and control functions for both kind of players.
    At the moment, the system is going unbalanced (see threads about gold prices)

I already saw some nice ideas, e. g. new horizons world - limit drops according to your farming time.

I expect from a free-to-play game, that there is a serious way to play without any cash,
    but gaming experience of course will be limited.

e. g.
    offer silver charms but no platin charms
    offer refining objects but no dragon orbs

Special about beginners, its very hard to get their first TT gear.
    There should be possibilities to get these items without a squad for beginners.
    It is too hard for beginners getting such items without spending cash or help from others.
    The help of gear should be so far, that they are at least can start doing warsong and/or bh 99
    in squads. (may be just adjust the DQ- Quests for getting molds, items and more?)

They dont have any influence on your gear or give an advantage for fights but they are nice to have.

e. g.:
    - pigments
    - specific fashions
    - customized shops
    - special status symbols

May be also title for spending a lot of DQ items in-game?

Implementation & Integration

a) User Interface
    At least for implementation, I would expect a DQ-Item-Web-Shop, there I could pay with DQ-Items. I think design and implementing functions should be oriented to ARC template in this case.

b) Main Account - Sub Account
    ... and in order to this ARC: May be a main account for several PWI - sub accounts and you can summarize these DQ-Items?
    So PWI have control about amount of accounts and players getting advantage about different password/mail logons from main and sub accounts? --> Result: Higher security

I agree with you!! You have great ideas!! :)

Me I would like to see more fashion or/and special fashion that we couldn't get without DQ points!! Or a System that give you fashion just by doing a special dungeon!! Or again... People have to wear the same color as their team or at least get a fash with same color as everyone!! Would be nice... XD
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Maybe a bit late tho but, in my opinion i say yes include TT mats, but split out the worth of them and do not add any gold mats for the simple reason that they can be chipped at the mysterious merchant = Abuse.

When ya'll want TT mats to be inside, you also need to notice that on a 2x the drop inside TT is quiet insane somethimes but when i state for morai, where the prices of TT mats go insanely high and where TT is 1 of the biggest coinmakers ingame, I'm afraid that everyone will go spam TT and that'll end into a market crash on Morai.

Tho I like the idea of TT mats but it should be very well considered.

On rewards that can be gotten, In my opinion its all fine with those demon/sage cards but I'dd also like to see any cheaper and more usefull mats.

A quick list:

1. Crab Meat
    2. Herb Yuanxiao
    3. Guardian Scrolls
    4. Hyper EXP stone
    5. Mystical Pill

Tho about the mystical pill and hypers i'm not that sure as they have quiet a value, but the other things I mean... They are standards and are needed daily... With the token price going insanely high (towards 30k!!) the input of Crab Meat and Herb Yuanxiao would atleast take a bit off those tokenweight as we already need quiet alot of them for other things
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The only three questions i would like answered is;

Will the points be applied to the previous items or will there be new items released for the points?

Will it still be set in a quest format to obtain copper, silver and gold orders?

ETA?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • r3n
    r3n Posts: 24
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Just make an ingame forge like the NW forge.
    Add new Dq points currency that can be traded for certain Item when you reach 1000 DQ points.
    The currency would be just like morai influence.
    1000 DQ points = Dragon Ticket
    50 dragon tickets = 50 Event gold card
    1 Dragon ticket = Do all card
    1 Dragon ticket = Makeover scroll
    1 Dragon ticket = random pigment

From my guess Pwi staff going to establish a system like beginners aquametal instead.
    But please we "NEED" the most of all is "Demon/Sage Event Card".
    the other rewards do not matter please.
    Do not disappoint us and only give us untradable inferior rewards like the aqua metal exchange....

Another idea for example
    Low level mobs 40-59 drop aquacopper (can be traded for 10 points)
    Mid level mobs 60-79 drop aquasilver(can be traded for 20points)
    High level mobs 80-99 drop aquagold(can be traded for 30 points)
    level 100 mobs + drop aquadiamond(can be traded for 50 points)
    50,000 points = Demon/Sage Event Card
  • Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    yea i just want the page to update
    47000 points collected.
    70k points gathered. "yay i can get 2 event golds for charms"
    month later 47000 points gatherd.
    im spending them all on pstones so my sin can actually use her genie in the fc
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I say put it back to the way it was from day 1 when this game start !!!!! and stop trying to fix thing that work fine save some money .you can put back WS, SOT and ABD back the way it was IT work fine untell you try to fix it
  • PVM_only - Sanctuary
    PVM_only - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    any updates?
  • Sukkapunch - Archosaur
    Sukkapunch - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    do the nike thing... and just do it already. no kind of news or anything about this new system or approximate time it will be implemented. so do like you do everything else and release a half-a## replacement system and work out the bugs later... just like you do with everything else.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    We won`t get any replacement system, it`s not good for their greedy business when people get free charms and ref aides, they will come up with excuses just to postpone/evade any answers concerning the replacement system, might as well make all DQ value 1 coin now.