How do Archers beat sins 1v1?

124»

Comments

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    and using leaps while fighting a sin is super risky nowadays. 1 unexpected tackling slash or ninja silent seal and you are dead..(i wonder if this is a glitch or actually intended, you know, the unable to to anything-thingy after a "frozen-leap")

@Tsyfall: Harshlands has some good BMs, but i dont think they ever made a video.
    the sins are wannabe and switched to dph way too late (or never), the archers are overgeared relics and now outdated and the wizards just spam BT or dragon breath (no joke)

Brilliant. I can't believe I never knew this before, but I might have subconsciously been aware of it, because in a video I'm working on now where I was 1vs1 an archer, I was using silent seal all the time, and it was working well, so I kept doing it... but it wasn't till after I watched the video that I realized WHY it was working so well. Every time the archer leaped after a silent seal, he did nothing for a really long time. At first I thought it might just be the terrain, but I was dubious, because it was a perfectly flat surface: the platform near Telus City in the snowy area. I thought he might be lagging, but that didn't appear to be the case when he wasn't immobilized with silent seal. Well well well.. this will change how I fight archers for sure lol. Oh my. I wonder if the archer himself knew... if he had I bet he'd have been doing more wingspan for the shell, and winged pledge, instead of trying to create distance while he had the immobilize on. But oh my, this gives me quite an advantage now that I know about it... *chuckles evily*.

Sin vs archer? Endgame? Air battle or give up. On the ground a sin who knows what he's doing will only lose to really bad luck. And if the sin isn't as perfectly honorable as you'd hope, even in the air an immobilize is countered with stealth, which, even if you use the stealth apoth, buys them just enough time for the immobilize to go poof. If I were the sin trying to fight an archer in air I'd just wait on ground for them. Chasing an archer in the air is a kinda stupid thing to do.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Aryaale - Archosaur
    Aryaale - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think this has been made clear multiple times already, but just to reiterate:

An archer is not going to be able to consistently defeat a properly-skilled sin without a gear advantage. End of story.

(Un?)Thankfully, "properly-skilled sin" and "endgame gear" seem almost mutually exclusive on my server, so I don't run into this issue much.

This.

Archo is lacking in sins that aren't just sitting around in typical aps gear with 5-7k hp, even without having my archer's gear finished I can easily 1-2 shot most sins I run into. The only ones that give me issue are the rrr9 sins with good refines (-cough-DexthatIhit500dmgoninNW-cough-) and the ones that actually know what they're doing.

(Of course, that's from NW/small TW experience, I have a bit of an ego issue to get over when it comes to 1v1ing rrr9s in my **** gear. b:surrender)