Preferences when building a squad or joining one

Options
tweakz
tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Was wondering if many other people will not invite people for the way they apply to get in squad.

I'll give just some examples of people I often filter out:

Someone I don't know that has been spamming "LFS" in world chat
Someone who pm's me "5.0" or links their Claw for Rebirth, Aba, or Sot
Veno w/herc for RB

On the other hand, there are times when what they pm is is to their favor:

When I'm an assassin making the squad and another one links me their weapon for RB
Cleric linking weapon

Finally some people won't join your squad for various reasons. Sometimes I won't because:

You SHOUT in wc for your squad (resemble a kindergartner w/ those big letters)
You don't state clear details of run (like all those "free lunar")
You ask for Barb when I know the only reason a Barb would be needed over me is if squad was mega fail.
You ask for Cleric when a good squad would be fine with Mystic.
You're being a greedy pig head asking for too much like both EoD's on 2x (often + gold drops too).

I know some people despise weapon check squads, but I actually feel better joining most. If everyone joined a BH 100 squad with a L80 weapon; we'd all suffer!
Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
Post edited by tweakz on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I ask for people to state class + link weapon so I can filter out people who can't listen to directions. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I take whoever pms / pms me first. If they fail hardcore - blacklist so I don't invite them again. b:pleased

Those that link weapon = I continue to spam wc. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Somehow I like joining random or inviting random to squad b:pleased.
    If the squad is somehow fail, then I'll try to un-fail it by introducing good team work and leadership. Sometimes it worked.

Also, I wont join aps squad for abba/sot, since most aps squad means no brainer squad.b:bye
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I just ask what I need I don't care about the weapon. I try to take different class ofc I won't go in bh abba with a squad of 9 wizz and one psy, but I won't ask for a barb, I ask for a tank, I don't ask sins, I ask for DD...etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Also, I wont join aps squad for abba/sot, since most aps squad means no brainer squad.b:bye

Aps squads are impossible for Seat of Torment now. They have physical immune mobs in them (no I will not count RRR9's).

On topic: Weapon link squads make me uncomfortable. I have a normal squad of 3 (we get any others we can find) that I go with every reset. The majority are usually friends of my in-game wife or mine or whoever pm's first in WC. I very rarely go into random squads on my main these days. They fail, or go afk at "convenient" times with out a word, I block them.

Edit: Corrected an info error.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Aps squads are impossible for Seat of Torment and Abbadon now. They have physical immune mobs in them (no I will not count RRR9's).

On topic: Weapon link squads make me uncomfortable. I have a normal squad of 3 (we get any others we can find) that I go with every reset. The majority are usually friends of my in-game wife or mine or whoever pm's first in WC. I very rarely go into random squads on my main these days. They fail, or go afk at "convenient" times with out a word, I block them.

...?

Abba BH does not have to go through phys immune mobs. Puppeteer is easy as hell even with APS and moreso if people skill spam, and abba BH path is only normal mobs. Abba boss itself is still a 10 second APS kill, especially with 10 people squads
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Armor > Weapon f:horror

all clerics or casters f:hehe
    Archers with BV f:kiss
    Seekers & Barbs f:shy
    f:fume Sins who pm me when I say "need Tank" & when I ask if they can tank they get pissed at me, go home I didn't ask for you

Generally I try & form non-aps squads :3
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ...?

Abba BH does not have to go through phys immune mobs. Puppeteer is easy as hell even with APS and moreso if people skill spam, and abba BH path is only normal mobs. Abba boss itself is still a 10 second APS kill, especially with 10 people squads

Ok that was my bad, I was half asleep didn't reread my own post. Fail.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You had me up until...
    tweakz wrote: »
    You ask for Barb when I know the only reason a Barb would be needed over me is if squad was mega fail.
    You ask for Cleric when a good squad would be fine with Mystic.

1. People like to go with what they know will work. Barbs work as tanks and have been fulfilling that duty since this game came out. Get over yourself.

2. A "good squad" would also do quite well with a Cleric, the same class that has been healing people since this game was released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Every time, discounting the times I go with either of the 2 mystic friends of mine who can handle healing, I ask mystic can they heal instance or do I need to get a cleric. So far none has volunteered to solo heal instances <.<.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I ask for people to state class + link weapon so I can filter out people who can't listen to directions. :D

I refuse to join any squad whose leader demands I link my weapon. Not only is that irritating and annoying as hell it's idiotic. If they insist I simply tell them that I've been doing BH 100 for 2 and a half years now and if that isn't good enough for them they can find someone else. I then find another squad.

As far as listening to directions goes if someone knows how to play their class because they have progressed through BH's in lower level instances they would not need any directions. Most people learn the instances when they are doing their cultis anyway. If someone is one of those frost babies who cash shopped their gears and neglected their cultis and hasn't invested the time and effort into getting their char's skills and can't seem to function in a simple every day BH squad there is a kick button for them.

I very rarely ever quit a squad I join but today I did. In a full warsong party one DC'd after he finished his pavilion. The squad leader refused to invite him back because he figured we needed a BM in his place instead. That pissed me off. I stayed with the squad a little while longer until the leader and another member mentioned something about killing each other during the run. I quit immediately. I'm not going to waste my time with infighting and snobbish people who seem to think they are everybody's world. For example, if someone joins a squad and makes a comment like "if anyone fails I'm outta here" etc. etc. That pisses me off like nothing else. At times some DC and fail a full WS run during pavilions and other times people may forget to repair gear or the like. We all **** up and to make comments like that is arrogant, inconsiderate, and demeaning to say the least. I ran a full warsong instance today with r8 geared people and it took a while but we finished the run as opposed to last night's run with a r9rrr snob which ended rather quickly. People perform better when expectations are lowered a tad and are can relax some fears about what other party members will think if they make mistakes and fail. Take that burden away and it makes for a more pleasant experience regardless of whether we succeed or not. I can't say bad things about others if they mess up because I do myself from time to time.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I used to form BH squads in world chat everyday, about 2 years ago.
    I'd usually have a friend or two with me and we'd usually fill the necessary parts (tank/healer) so I'd ask something like "BH Seat LF 3, pm favourite food" just to see who actually whispers me what I asked.
    Obviously I only took the people who actually whispered me their favourite food (in this example) while everyone else was rushing to pm me their class or things like "5.0 sin".

That was more like I test I run for a while out of curiosity but eventually I stopped. I mostly run things with faction now or friends or dual clienting things with my game husband so I don't know if I'd put a criteria on people I would accept or decline if I were to WC for people.

I can only imagine that I'd prioritize the people I've heard of before or run things with before otherwise, lucky guess I suppose.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I refuse to join any squad whose leader demands I link my weapon. Not only is that irritating and annoying as hell it's idiotic. If they insist I simply tell them that I've been doing BH 100 for 2 and a half years now and if that isn't good enough for them they can find someone else. I then find another squad.

As far as listening to directions goes if someone knows how to play their class because they have progressed through BH's in lower level instances they would not need any directions. Most people learn the instances when they are doing their cultis anyway. If someone is one of those frost babies who cash shopped their gears and neglected their cultis and hasn't invested the time and effort into getting their char's skills and can't seem to function in a simple every day BH squad there is a kick button for them.

Two directions:

1. Say class
    2. Link weapon

If you can follow those two directions, you're good to go. I don't actually give two ****s about the actual weapon usually and will invite whichever class so long as it fulfills what the squad needs unless the squad needs a high DD for whatever reason.

But yes, continue to rant on about Frost babies and how I am a giant elitist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I very rarely ever quit a squad I join but today I did. In a full warsong party one DC'd after he finished his pavilion. The squad leader refused to invite him back because he figured we needed a BM in his place instead. That pissed me off. I stayed with the squad a little while longer until the leader and another member mentioned something about killing each other during the run. I quit immediately. I'm not going to waste my time with infighting and snobbish people who seem to think they are everybody's world. For example, if someone joins a squad and makes a comment like "if anyone fails I'm outta here" etc. etc. That pisses me off like nothing else. At times some DC and fail a full WS run during pavilions and other times people may forget to repair gear or the like. We all **** up and to make comments like that is arrogant, inconsiderate, and demeaning to say the least. I ran a full warsong instance today with r8 geared people and it took a while but we finished the run as opposed to last night's run with a r9rrr snob which ended rather quickly. People perform better when expectations are lowered a tad and are can relax some fears about what other party members will think if they make mistakes and fail. Take that burden away and it makes for a more pleasant experience regardless of whether we succeed or not. I can't say bad things about others if they mess up because I do myself from time to time.

All. Of. This.
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I used to form BH squads in world chat everyday, about 2 years ago.
    I'd usually have a friend or two with me and we'd usually fill the necessary parts (tank/healer) so I'd ask something like "BH Seat LF 3, pm favourite food" just to see who actually whispers me what I asked.
    Obviously I only took the people who actually whispered me their favourite food (in this example) while everyone else was rushing to pm me their class or things like "5.0 sin".

My boyfriend & I use to make people pm Class & their pickaxe for Casters f:hehe
    Fancy someone else seems to share the pm weird things to rule out dummys, even if it's no longer.
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I just ask to pm the class... :)
    Normally I don't specify the class needed to the BH just in case of Barb and Cleric but even on those cases I sometimes ask for a Tank and a Healer...
    In GV, when I'm making the squad, as I'm a sin and I know a lot of people don't see sins as a useful class in GV squads (except to bp ._.) I accept another sin to come in my squad, so 2 sins in a BH GV squad... If I join a squad for GV with 2 or more sins I don't mind either, had done BH GV with a lot of sins in squad and it worked perfectly :)
    I don't mind much what DD classes can come to my squad, and if they link class and weapon and say they're full r9 and stuff and 5 aps, if they tell me the class I inv, and normally I inv by the order on pm's received.

Aw, haha, loved the link-pickaxe idea :D
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You had me up until...

1. People like to go with what they know will work. Barbs work as tanks and have been fulfilling that duty since this game came out. Get over yourself.

2. A "good squad" would also do quite well with a Cleric, the same class that has been healing people since this game was released.

plus barb buffs are always nice. and devour is yummy. mystics are cool and everything but I'd rather be prepared for the worst case scenario than the minimum requirements...
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Link me fashion when joining my squad, i want to look at pretty dresses b:dirty
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Link me fashion when joining my squad, i want to look at pretty dresses b:dirty

once I said "link your pants"b:chuckle
    got more fashion than gear in pmsx D
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Linking your weapon to get your BH done and having to have r9 or higher requirements seems like the dumbest **** ever to be posted in WC. People often flame others in WC during or after a bh 100 run calling them fail etc....

i have been playing this game since beta. It use to be fun. TT was top dog instance back then and people were nice enouh to let my noob 20+ cleric join in on runs just so i can see what it was like. NOW we have snobbish criteria to even get a daily done at 100? Dumb just dumb...

I have kept ALL my toons just under 100 so i dont have to be including in someones competitive egotistical idea of 100+ runs. I would much rather have fun helping lowbies and grind and make new toons and quest than be engulfed in 100+ drama
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Linking your weapon to get your BH done and having to have r9 or higher requirements seems like the dumbest **** ever to be posted in WC. People often flame others in WC during or after a bh 100 run calling them fail etc....

i have been playing this game since beta. It use to be fun. TT was top dog instance back then and people were nice enouh to let my noob 20+ cleric join in on runs just so i can see what it was like. NOW we have snobbish criteria to even get a daily done at 100? Dumb just dumb...

I have kept ALL my toons just under 100 so i dont have to be including in someones competitive egotistical idea of 100+ runs. I would much rather have fun helping lowbies and grind and make new toons and quest than be engulfed in 100+ drama

did someone actually said that they want r9rr+12 when asking to link your weapon or are you just raging based on your own biased conclusions? the majority just doesn't want that morai weapon +0 cleric. and sorry, but not wanting a bh alt with **** gear is not snobbish when their contribution, even if it's just stayiong alive, matters. taking him is generous.

and about the 20 cleric.... did they give you mats? I dont mind getting an army of lvl1 that just watch, especially at those bosses with random debuffs....
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I try to avoid people asking for good people, simply because it usually mean atleast 4 in the squad sucks hardcore. If they ask for barb I'll already assume the people are noobs, and waste of my time - then might as well solo.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I try to avoid people asking for good people, simply because it usually mean atleast 4 in the squad sucks hardcore. If they ask for barb I'll already assume the people are noobs, and waste of my time - then might as well solo.

lol sooo mean. u shoudlnt say noob...just undergeared ppl that hypered to 100. but ooo well some ppl useg goonz :P

thats something i miss from cala/regen there we used to squad wiht the faction and we all knew everything was gonna go smooth. at least if they werent new members
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I don't ask for class. -If someone isn't thoughtful or courteous enough to know they should: I probably don't want them.

I am however very into putting details into the world chat. A lunar bh run for example would read (not during 2x): "lfm: bh lunar to end; fee paid for eod; all else random". -This informs my squad ahead of time everything they should need to know for the run. It lets them know I'm not greedily calling for gold drops/ or anything more than the EoD which atm is close to the same cost of opening the instance.

Something else that bugs me about wc'ers: "lfm: bh whatever. cleared to boss. need cleric only".

-Now seriously: You can't just put "lf cleric for bh whatever -cleared to boss"? (So people don't have to read the whole wc to see they don't meet the criteria). As a squad maker; you'll have less impertinent pm's that way. lfm =looking for men. Oh and free means free! -at least outside of this game.

I've NEVER seen someone require R9 or higher. Most are asking for this because people will use very poorly equipped alts to scab off others or prioritize vanities over equips. It's not an elitist thing most of the time: it's a weed those ones out rather than kick them later. It also gets people who can read and follow instructions.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    did someone actually said that they want r9rr+12 when asking to link your weapon or are you just raging based on your own biased conclusions? the majority just doesn't want that morai weapon +0 cleric. and sorry, but not wanting a bh alt with **** gear is not snobbish when their contribution, even if it's just stayiong alive, matters. taking him is generous.

and about the 20 cleric.... did they give you mats? I dont mind getting an army of lvl1 that just watch, especially at those bosses with random debuffs....

yes they asked and i have asked people min. requirements for any bh100+ and they always say at least r9. My point is not everyone is rich enough to buy the rep to get gear not to mention gear to get into some of these squads its crazy... My sin is 95 and i have hesitated making her 100+ simply because of the morons in these squads.... if i make her 100+ i would be farming TT with her possibly geared nirvy if i can find someone selling nirvy gear.

As far as that noob little cleric going to TT... yup they let me keep mats b:pleased

If i just got told wrong please let me know.... i just know what ppl have told me
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • tweakz
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm surprised people would require R9. I don't have any rank equipment on this set of toons: cleric, mystic, wiz, and bm. They can all tank bh sot/aba/metal/lunar while most R9's I come across lately cannot. -Weird.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    I'm surprised people would require R9. I don't have any rank equipment on this set of toons: cleric, mystic, wiz, and bm. They can all tank bh sot/aba/metal/lunar while most R9's I come across lately cannot. -Weird.

Well as i stated i have never been 100+ i just know what others have told me.... a part of me wants to see what its like to be 100+ and see the instances etc.... but another seriously wants to avoid dramatic ego'sb:surrender

edited June 2013
    Options
    ah I see. well probably it's those r9 noobs that cant finish sot. then *you* don't want to run with them b:chuckle (ot it's a bunch of undergeared that want someone to do the instance for them. same principle applies xD)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Dunno about other servers; but on Dreamweaver pickup squads are usually quite laid back.

The one exception seems to be warsong; which no one teaches, and all the calls are always "Require to solo {available pavillion list}"
    So not gone there in a pickup gruop yet; probably won't.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well, full warsong, at least 4 of the 5 pavilions have to be soloed, so yeah, being able to solo a pavilion is pretty much a requirement to do full warsong, and you need pretty decent gear to do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga