Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Options

Comments

• Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    which is why it isn't surprising that you complain about BMs so much.
    Try pvping on one

Alot of these classes already know why they don't pvp with a BM.. all want support class for pvp but none of them want to play one:laugh

Pretty much.

They all wanna be casters with purify and complain how op bms are. You know with our stuns.... and stuff .... and godlike skills.

I really wonder if pwe is going to do something about this issue.

I mean they did about nothing for the assassin class (save for fixing trip spark stealth), didn't really nerf aps by much and now this new bucket of sunshine called Purify.

Cant they at least fix purify? f:scared
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Pretty much.

They all wanna be casters with purify and complain how op bms are. You know with our stuns.... and stuff .... and godlike skills.

I really wonder if pwe is going to do something about this issue.

I mean they did about nothing for the assassin class (save for fixing trip spark stealth), didn't really nerf aps by much and now this new bucket of sunshine called Purify.

Cant they at least fix purify? f:scared

I vote they make BMs truly OP so people can cry about them. Would be lulzy b:laugh
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I vote they make BMs truly OP so people can cry about them. Would be lulzy b:laugh

Indeed lol

Someone should make a thread about that.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

PvP: Veno's damage was too low while other's where higher. Specially sins and psys after the tideborn expansion.

TW/mass pvp: Venos were just a debuff tool. Reroll to sage so you are actually worthy....

I'm just going to say, veno's strengths comes from their debuffs and their debuffs / CC are very nasty in PVP, not nuking. If you wanted to use a nuking class, roll a real DD class please. Venoes potentially were nerfed a little thanks to genies they are not so powerful anymore and gear at endgame made pets obsolete in PVP. You guys were calling this player who didn't rely on that fails at veno, now look at you "handicapped" veno players.
    PvE: There was so much craze with aps and sins that it was impossible to get a squad to farm in nirvana. Then the devs made HH harder, so it became impossible to farm some instances of HH. Venos had to farm low level HH for just a few coins.

Solo ability: What solo ability? The ability to solo grind from 1-100 (so boring...). Ok I'll give you that much.

Ability to solo frost so you can level faster? Although technically possible, it was inefficient compared to what sins, bms, or barbs could do.

Ability to solo farm? read above

Lol... Just Lol... Weren't there venoes getting accepted in APS squads and caster squads back then? And who does nirvana anymore? Also that is a whole bunch of BS from your post, most sins at 80-98 lack defense, they barely could solo even the first mobs, I have never seen a BM try soloing FC before 95 and barbs are possible but way too slow.
    So yeah, after psys/sins appeared. All those venos who used to pk disappeared because psys and sins were better for farming or pk. And, not only the tideborn were better at that time, every class could do anything that was special about venos.

Debuff: archer can do it, and better
    Lure in instances: anyone can do it with a genie
    Solo stuff: sins could do it much better

Tideborn didn't make veno players weaker / feel less useful. Genies have made venoes weaker, holy path, earthflame (for PVE), cauterize, blood clot, etc.
    I think venos didn't even complain about this. Everyone accepted it (like me) or rerolled. And if they did complain, I didn't have time to qq in forums, cause I wanted to keep going without care to the difficulty.

Well you're QQing right now. Stop blaming the tideborn race because you didn't know how to play a veno without a pet doing everything for you and just relying on bramble. And venoes got crazy morai skills too along with purify spell on R9 recast pataka, there is no reason to even bother QQing right now, and you should have rerolled at least, you wouldn't be as laughable then.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm just going to say, veno's strengths comes from their debuffs and their debuffs / CC are very nasty in PVP, not nuking. If you wanted to use a nuking class, roll a real DD class please. Venoes potentially were nerfed a little thanks to genies they are not so powerful anymore and gear at endgame made pets obsolete in PVP. You guys were calling this player who didn't rely on that fails at veno, now look at you "handicapped" veno players.

Lol... Just Lol... Weren't there venoes getting accepted in APS squads and caster squads back then? And who does nirvana anymore? Also that is a whole bunch of BS from your post, most sins at 80-98 lack defense, they barely could solo even the first mobs, I have never seen a BM try soloing FC before 95 and barbs are possible but way too slow.

Tideborn didn't make veno players weaker / feel less useful. Genies have made venoes weaker, holy path, earthflame (for PVE), cauterize, blood clot, etc.

Well you're QQing right now. Stop blaming the tideborn race because you didn't know how to play a veno without a pet doing everything for you and just relying on bramble. And venoes got crazy morai skills too along with purify spell on R9 recast pataka, there is no reason to even bother QQing right now, and you should have rerolled at least, you wouldn't be as laughable then.

ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A DARK PERIOD WHEN PEOPLE UNDER APPRECIATED THEIR WORK. THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE VENOS LOST THEIR PROMINENT ROLE IN PVP AND PVE.

HOWEVER, LATER ON PEOPLE DISCOVERED WHAT VENOS WERE REALLY MEANT FOR AND EVER SINCE THINGS HAVE BEEN REALLY GOOD. EVEN APS MONKEYS LATER ON REALIZED THAT AN AMP WAS THE EQUIVALENT OF HAVING AT LEAST ONE MORE SIN WITH REALLY GOOD WEAPON.

ONCE AGAIN: THIS HAPPENED LONG TIME AGO.

I wonder how many more times will I have to repeat.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options

ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A DARK PERIOD WHEN PEOPLE UNDER APPRECIATED THEIR WORK. THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE VENOS LOST THEIR PROMINENT ROLE IN PVP AND PVE.

HOWEVER, LATER ON PEOPLE DISCOVERED WHAT VENOS WERE REALLY MEANT FOR AND EVER SINCE THINGS HAVE BEEN REALLY GOOD. EVEN APS MONKEYS LATER ON REALIZED THAT AN AMP WAS THE EQUIVALENT OF HAVING AT LEAST ONE MORE SIN WITH REALLY GOOD WEAPON.

ONCE AGAIN: THIS HAPPENED LONG TIME AGO.

I wonder how many more times will I have to repeat.

Oh no. You had a few months where, like everyone else, you couldn't get in highly refined aps Nirvana squads. Then became the only class aside from a Barb that they would actually bring in those squads. Those APS DDs spent hundreds of millions on their gear to run that quickly, of course they only bring people who invested as much so as to make runs as efficient as they can be. Not getting Nirvana runs wasn't specific to Venos, it happened to every single class (melee included) that didn't spend as much on their gear, oh.. and people STILL found vana runs even if they weren't as fast. Boo hoo let me play a sad song on the world's smallest violin for you as you were one of two classes that could get into the top DD squads without spending so much as a fraction of what the DDs spent.

Here, let me pretend I'm Azura:

"WOE IS ME WOE IS ME, VENOMANCERS WERE SO UNDERAPPRECIATED AND UNDERPOWERED BECAUSE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WE WEREN'T WANTED IN APS SQUADS!! OH WAIT, I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT WE WERE ONE OF TWO CLASSES THAT GOT INTO THOSE SUPER PRO AWESOMESAUCE SQUADS WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND EVEN 1/5TH OF WHAT THOSE PEOPLE DID ON GEAR. MY CLASS SUCKS IN TW AND IN PK AND NOBODY LIKES IS BOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!"

BMs have it way worse off than you do and we don't ***** half as much.

Seriously, in what way were venos so horribly underpowered after the loss of their QQbird's effectiveness? Last I checked purge was always valuable, amp was always valuable, Ironwood Scarab and Myriad were always valuable, and Nova was always valuable. Veno's are pretty well off, they've got the ability to kill other classes at R9r3 and have impressive debuffs and CC in the form of purge, amp, massive chi drain, and the ability to turn you into animals. BMs have... stuns. And a 100% amp that costs two sparks. (Demon)Venos get a 33% damage amp+seal+freeze on top of everything else. BM only has one group stun, the others are AoE or only have a % chance to work.

Don't sit here and cry about how tough Venomancers have it 'cause chances are BMs have it worse. It's funny when Adroit says I complain about BMs 'cause I suck at playing mine and have no idea what they're for, if we use that logic you suck at Veno and have no clue how to use it. You're complaining waaaaay more than I or any other BM have.

Oh well. Back to the point. You're stupid. There's no getting around it.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    lol this thread is soo off topic x.x...someone just shut it down already.
    Here is my take:
    - purify proc will never leave this game get over it.
    - When played and geared right...bm class is one of the strongest in the game..and one of the hardest to master hence forth so many fail pk bms. Basicly with the bm class (unlike many other classes) even with OP gear you can completly suck...skill is huge with bm class
    - True the veno class needs some love in pk but keep in mind they have the ultimate debuff in the game(purge on will) so lets hope they don't get too much love...don't want another dumb future thread about "why venos are op since update"
    - PWI really isnt a balance game unless everyone is R9.3...since the majority of are nirvana t3 not much to do
    - PWI doesnt really listen to the gamers so threads like this are pointless justsaying...they listen to china
    - Play other games including pwi and do other things. That way all the annoying things pwi does wont be that annoying...like me and many other you simply wont care
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This thread needs to die @_@ !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    What is with people and pretentious "close this thread" comments?

Ya'll are kinda not mods and for very obvious reasons.

So contribute or kindly shove off
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Oh no. You had a few months where, like everyone else, you couldn't get in highly refined aps Nirvana squads. Then became the only class aside from a Barb that they would actually bring in those squads. Those APS DDs spent hundreds of millions on their gear to run that quickly, of course they only bring people who invested as much so as to make runs as efficient as they can be. Not getting Nirvana runs wasn't specific to Venos, it happened to every single class (melee included) that didn't spend as much on their gear, oh.. and people STILL found vana runs even if they weren't as fast. Boo hoo let me play a sad song on the world's smallest violin for you as you were one of two classes that could get into the top DD squads without spending so much as a fraction of what the DDs spent.

Here, let me pretend I'm Azura:

"WOE IS ME WOE IS ME, VENOMANCERS WERE SO UNDERAPPRECIATED AND UNDERPOWERED BECAUSE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WE WEREN'T WANTED IN APS SQUADS!! OH WAIT, I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT WE WERE ONE OF TWO CLASSES THAT GOT INTO THOSE SUPER PRO AWESOMESAUCE SQUADS WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND EVEN 1/5TH OF WHAT THOSE PEOPLE DID ON GEAR. MY CLASS SUCKS IN TW AND IN PK AND NOBODY LIKES IS BOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!"

BMs have it way worse off than you do and we don't ***** half as much.

Seriously, in what way were venos so horribly underpowered after the loss of their QQbird's effectiveness? Last I checked purge was always valuable, amp was always valuable, Ironwood Scarab and Myriad were always valuable, and Nova was always valuable. Veno's are pretty well off, they've got the ability to kill other classes at R9r3 and have impressive debuffs and CC in the form of purge, amp, massive chi drain, and the ability to turn you into animals. BMs have... stuns. And a 100% amp that costs two sparks. (Demon)Venos get a 33% damage amp+seal+freeze on top of everything else. BM only has one group stun, the others are AoE or only have a % chance to work.

Don't sit here and cry about how tough Venomancers have it 'cause chances are BMs have it worse. It's funny when Adroit says I complain about BMs 'cause I suck at playing mine and have no idea what they're for, if we use that logic you suck at Veno and have no clue how to use it. You're complaining waaaaay more than I or any other BM have.

Oh well. Back to the point. You're stupid. There's no getting around it.

GO QQ with your main account. STOP HIDDEN!
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

How is he hiding? that account he's on has over 6k posts and almost everyone active on the forums knows his toons' names. In fact I've seen him post more on that account than any else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • darknessofmy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    How is he hiding? that account he's on has over 6k posts and almost everyone active on the forums knows his toons' names. In fact I've seen him post more on that account than any else.

level 96 QQ
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Have you seen your avatar recently?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darknessofmy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Have you seen your avatar recently?

might going scare you to death
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Purify needs to be either removed or heavily nerfed. There really is no argument or need for it.

Anyone who argues otherwise falls into 2 categories

1. A person who does not know what they are talking about

2. Somebody defending the proc because they have it
  • Darren_Kris - Morai
    Darren_Kris - Morai Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    146 pages of purify QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ.
    i still think QQers shud get stronger weapons. i dont see +12 ha/la whining about purify spell. we didnt have QQ thread when r8r got purify.

the only nerf to purify spell i can think to please both sides wud be to make it not proc when people hit for <~1% casters' HP if the devs really think that PS is OP which it isn't btw.

adding cooldown or removing/reducing the speed/antistun/duration is UNACCEPTABLE
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    *whistles and twiddles thumbs waiting on Azura's response explaining how super duper ultra mega bad it was to play a Veno*
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Purify needs to be either removed or heavily nerfed. There really is no argument or need for it.

some people in here also suggesting gof and purge to be removed. and people that defending it is also having gof and purge on their weapon?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    some people in here also suggesting gof and purge to be removed. and people that defending it is also having gof and purge on their weapon?

God of Frenzy
    Spirit Blackhole
    Purify Spell

One of these procs is not like the other, one of these procs is broken! Can you guess which one?

It doesn't help that most of the casters here have presented themselves with the grace of a 5 year old. There still has been no legitimate argument in favor of the weapon proc other than "durr we nid sumting for stopz melee stunz"

When stunlock breaking and apothecary were already a thing.
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

There is a need for purify at end game. It doesnt need to be nerfed or removed.

Anyone who argues otherwise falls into this category:

Undergeared players that dont have a job or mum and dads credit card. I cant beat an end game toon so im gonna stamp my feet like a petulant child till i get my way. b:cry

News for you not gonna happen b:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    There is not a need for purify at end game. It does need to be nerfed or removed.

Anyone who argues otherwise falls into this category:

Overgeared players that dont have a job or mum and dads credit card. I cant beat an end game toon so im gonna stamp my feet like a petulant child till i get my way. b:cry

Fixed that for you. Sadly this version is more truthful. At least the "undergeared" people are capable of logical arguments that actually hold ground.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Fixed that for you. Sadly this version is more truthful. At least the "undergeared" people are capable of logical arguments that actually hold ground.

ROFL is that so?

And to say my argument is false you prove im wrong Zan ;)

No need to be butt hurt cuz you cant compete with the top players, hell there are many people i cant compete with in game atm. But i dont QQ on the forum about it like many seem to be doing.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ROFL is that so?

And to say my argument is false you prove im wrong Zan ;)

No need to be butt hurt cuz you cant compete with the top players, hell there are many people i cant compete with in game atm. But i dont QQ on the forum about it like many seem to be doing.

Thanks for proving my point.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Thanks for proving my point.

Explain
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well look what i found on another thread... and i quote

Zan: I'm not hating, you're just plain bad. That Seeker outgears me, the ones in equal gear that I've fought I've managed to kill. How's about looking at my more recent videos?

In referance to a thread on the pvp section of this forum.

No tell me your not QQ'in Zan cuz you cant compete due to being undergeared.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well look what i found on another thread... and i quote

Zan: I'm not hating, you're just plain bad. That Seeker outgears me, the ones in equal gear that I've fought I've managed to kill. How's about looking at my more recent videos?

In referance to a thread on the pvp section of this forum.

No tell me your not QQ'in Zan cuz you cant compete due to being undergeared.

I wasn't aware telling things how they are is QQing. I explained the reason I was hitting for trash on a Seeker in group PvP, that reason being he outgeared me and had buffs. You know, since it was group PvP. That's like saying that if someone explained the reason they lost to a BM was stuns they'd be QQing, which they wouldn't be.

Considering my gear I compete pretty well. I have to kite a bit more than I'd like to when their +12s focus fire me, and they do like to do that, but I still compete. Any fire I draw is fire that isn't on my team which helps them do their job.

This is very much off topic.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I wasn't aware telling things how they are is QQing. I explained the reason I was hitting for trash on a Seeker in group PvP, that reason being he outgeared me and had buffs. You know, since it was group PvP. That's like saying that if someone explained the reason they lost to a BM was stuns they'd be QQing, which they wouldn't be.

Considering my gear I compete pretty well. I have to kite a bit more than I'd like to when their +12s focus fire me, and they do like to do that, but I still compete. Any fire I draw is fire that isn't on my team which helps them do their job.

This is very much off topic.

I'm not interested in your response Zan, as you fail to see my point. The second sentence in that quote 'That Seeker outgears me, the ones in equal gear that i've fought i've managed to kill'

This come's at the very heart of your argument regarding purify. Yes its op all procs are, its end game gear. That quote prooves that, by your own admission. That toon's when they pk, duel w/e where the gap in terms of gearis wide, will be a one horse race. Where as two or more toons in equal gear are more likely to have an equal chance of beating each other. In those cases will come down to skill and/or the opponet making a mistake that you can capitalise on. So you are contridicting yourself and therefore the arguments you have made in this thread should be diregarded.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm not interested in your response Zan, as you fail to see my point. The second sentence in that quote 'That Seeker outgears me, the ones in equal gear that i've fought i've managed to kill'

This come's at the very heart of your argument regarding purify. Yes its op all procs are, its end game gear. That quote prooves that, by your own admission. That toon's when they pk, duel w/e where the gap in terms of gearis wide, will be a one horse race. Where as two or more toons in equal gear are more likely to have an equal chance of beating each other. In those cases will come down to skill and/or the opponet making a mistake that you can capitalise on. So you are contridicting yourself and therefore the arguments you have made in this thread should be diregarded.

Hahahahahahahaha that's so glorious! You see, it's glorious because while every caster and their mother has been saying to gear up, that's the exact thing they had to do to combat well.. anything. You see, APS ran rampant in PvP due to a combination of poorly skilled and poorly geared players. You had +10 G13/15 claws and daggers hitting +6 gear. When we got R9 though, even at +6 it could tank well enough. At +10 (equal gear) if that Arcane had a proper genie they could combat the aps user more than well enough to win. So much so that aps was no longer overpowered in PvP.

It was always a matter of gearing up, arcanes now have so much ability to take damage that Purify Spell is just not needed. That's the entire point. They have an unneeded weapon proc which, in combination with their defense, becomes rather overpowered in quite a few situations. Why does a whole archetype that, when at equal gear at end game, has large amounts of defense and the highest DPH skills in game need something that allows them to have lucky saves in both group and 1v1 PvP? How is that balanced? "Oh but they needed it 'cause melee stuns too much!" A stunlock takes skill to use, and the melee has to catch up. If they get you in a stunlock and kill you then props to them, they earned that kill. Especially when we have genies that can break those locks. "Oh but in group PvP we die too fast!" Uh.. with 5 people on you? Yeah I should certainly hope so, I don't want to fight a monster that can take 5 equally geared people, come out of it, then blast us for 10 or 20k.

Casters get to make mistakes now. Even if you use that mistake to your advantage *poof* Purify Spell saves the day! It may not happen every time but it happens enough that Casters no longer even really need to know how to play to the fullest to beat a melee that's as or more skilled. Purify Spell will simply save them from time to time and allow for sloppiness.

There is no NEED for Purify Spell to be the way it is. You, Adroit, Azura, every other "end game super duper knowledgable" caster has done nothing to prove a need for it. If anything all that's happened was the need for it has been disproven.

I'm not referring to my personal fights with overgeared people, I'm looking at this from a whole different perspective. Even if I were, how exactly does my fight with a full buffed overgeared SEEKER disprove anything in relation to this thread? You're taking a post I made completely out of context and trying to twist it to suit your needs. What's worse is you're failing horribly at it.
  • darknessofmy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Purify Proc suck so bad, not even funny.
This discussion has been closed.