All-Server Chit Chat Thread

Comments

• Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can anyone recommend any good anime like Kaze no Stigma, Kurokami and Monster?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can anyone recommend any good anime like Kaze no Stigma, Kurokami and Monster?

Can you read/speak Japanese? :3 that would help in my deciding what to o offer as suggestion I think

@Zan meat makes me and Ven sick. Not that the furry one dislikes it out of a cultural/moral belief. :p
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
    edited April 2013
    Can you read/speak Japanese? :3 that would help in my deciding what to o offer as suggestion I think

@Zan meat makes me and Ven sick. Not that the furry one dislikes it out of a cultural/moral belief. :p

I am multi-lingual........meaning I can speak English, New Zealand, Australian and American >:D so no japanese unfortunately :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Very logical words; you surprised me, really, I was expecting you to be offended somehow since you like MLP and all, aha~ And yes I've always held that view as well. All life is life but it's also natural for life to consume life. I mean, even herbivores do that. x333

What does my taste in t.v have to do with how I feel about food?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What does my taste in t.v have to do with how I feel about food?

I don't know. People's tastes in pets have to do with how they feel about food much of the time. Television seems to be a pretty popular thing for that, too.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I usually watch them here. The site has been pretty good so far and decent quality.

I really liked Dong Yi because it was like a prequel to Yi San (not sure if you know that one, also called Wind at the Palace) and a spiritual successor for Dae Jang Geum (again not sure if you know that one, also called Jewel of the Palace).

I'm actually surprised you even know about historical dramas f:stare or even watched some. I know they are quite well known but the people around me seem not to know about them or have never watched or never cared about watching them b:cry

Game of Thrones...I've been meaning to watch that but I also keep forgetting D:

Thanks for the links. b:victory Yeah, I got into them after reading an article about how K-dramas were becoming big in Japan. So I looked up a ton of different k-dramas, and that thought they were pretty awesome.

I am multi-lingual........meaning I can speak English, New Zealand, Australian and American >:D so no japanese unfortunately :P

Aren't those all different types of English? I know for sure American is a dialect of English. :P They are all very different of course, but it's not hard to like figure out pretty much everything that is being said and going on in a British show for example, if I watch it here in the US without having ever studied it. If it's a touchy subject, then forget I said anything. xD

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Aren't those all different types of English? I know for sure American is a dialect of English. :P They are all very different of course, but it's not hard to like figure out pretty much everything that is being said and going on in a British show for example, if I watch it here in the US without having ever studied it. If it's a touchy subject, then forget I said anything. xD

Did you know that when the English use 'quite', it's only a very mild mostily disinterested describer as apposed to the American version of it, so saying that someone is 'quite loveily' has different meanings for the two :3?

There's many words like that, but for some reason when I saw your post, I immediateily thought of that, ahaha~.
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013

It's sarcasm, cos I'm not SMARTISTICLE enough to know another language D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013

Did you know that when the English use 'quite', it's only a very mild mostily disinterested describer as apposed to the American version of it, so saying that someone is 'quite loveily' has different meanings for the two :3?

There's many words like that, but for some reason when I saw your post, I immediateily thought of that, ahaha~.

Yeah. It's kinda interesting to me to see all the different variations. I even like learning different swear words for some reason. xD Which reminds me of this time this dude was speaking Spanish in squad chat on a random BH I was running. I asked the squad lead if he could translate what he said into English for me. And the dude replied with "jajajaja (censored)" and while I didn't know all of what he was saying, I knew enough to know he was insulting me. I can't put what I replied here, but it needless to say the whole squad was shocked. xD The lead asked me if I spoke Spanish and I was like "no, I just know how to swear." xDDD

It's sarcasm, cos I'm not SMARTISTICLE enough to know another language D:

I know who people who do feel as though multidialectical people do count as multilingual so was interested in seeing your world view. xD And pfft, learning another language isn't any more an indicator than knowing math. We're all good at something. I've studied three languages, although I didn't get far in Spanish since my middle school couldn't afford to have more than a couple of levels in it. V.V So now, I'm studying it again! I also know a bit of Japanese. But....I am not ashamed to admit that math makes my brain hurt. And sometimes I have a tough time reading the math threads until someone puts it in layman's terms for me. v.v

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maths D: I'm like stupid at maths. b:cry
    However, I'm pretty good with languages!

Sometimes in my free time I like to make up my own languages f:victory they really fascinate me for some reason o.o I just....really like letters.

I like drawing more though, so I went to study art instead of languages.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    -nerdy math science guy- I can barely color inside the lines D:
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maths

+1 for correct spelling

{awaits incoming debate}
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
    edited April 2013
    Maths is appropriate, calculus and geometry are both maths :o

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maths...meh.

I am supposed to be bilingual (finnish and swedish) but for some reason I know english better than swedish~
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Giggity
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    when did Quagmire come to the forums???

off-topic:
    is this sig better than my current one?

fierybgsig.png
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Imo, nope.

Idk, the other dig looks more cool compared to that new one.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I....I love you guys! b:cute

And I am enjoying the forums. <3
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Boo <:
    I just finished my maths class. My head hurts with Polynomial theorem. Or something.
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Boo <:
    I just finished my maths class. My head hurts with Polynomial theorem. Or something.

a squared plus b squared equals c squared?
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
    edited April 2013
    [ It is true. I speak six languages rather well (My English and Dutch need work) and my husband is still much smarter than me >.> learning languages is just a skill set I happen to be good at it. Only knowing one language does not make you dumb D: I probably spend too much time studying language instead of learning more useful things like business or something >.>

Also I am terrible at math D: numbers suck.

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013

More like polynomial long division and remainders. At least, that's all I've ever heard of referred to as the "Polynomial Theorem."

...**** I promised myself I'd not come in here. I couldn't help it.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited April 2013
    More like polynomial long division and remainders. At least, that's all I've ever heard of referred to as the "Polynomial Theorem."

...**** I promised myself I'd not come in here. I couldn't help it.

one of us. One of us.

edited April 2013
    one of us. One of us.

One of ussss f:despise

• FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2013

:D thats pythagorean theorum i think
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Great. We've become infested with math.
    edited April 2013

Decus posting on chat thread. Math on chat thread. People counting properly on counting to threads...

I think the world is going to end soon.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Decus posting on chat thread. Math on chat thread. People counting properly on counting to threads...

I think the world is going to end soon.

I'm going to end it all now, before things get even crazier b:cry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's alright guys. We're all insane. Nothing wrong going on here.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013

Mathsies, what? :3333?
    *reads through page*
    Oh I see, ehe x3

Hey Zanny. Remember when I was doing maths over one of our calls(and I was like 'How are you going to fall asleep with me babbling all excitedily about maths D:?' which you thought was completily rediculous) and somehow I got you to use a bunch of mathy lines and it was one of the most hilarious thing ever x3???