(Untitled)

Options
Nariin - Dreamweaver
Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Fanatics Forum
Staring with next month (sept 13), I will be checking this thread less frequently. I am taking hours to finish icons and it doesn't really feel rewarding for the whole time spent. I will still make icons, but since I don't want to get overwhelmed with requests, please only request one if (all have to apply):
- you really can't manage to make it yourself
- you have a good and realistic idea of what kind of icon you want
- provide a good description and image (or more if you are unsure what would work)
- you plan to come and get it; it sucks working for nothing (if you get it done before I do it, let me know)
- you don't mind waiting

icotitle2_zps6cfc0639.png[/CENTER]

So you're having issues creating an image out of 256 pixels ? Let me help you out :3

I am no expert by any means, but I enjoy working with graphics. There haven't been any icon threads for a while, so I finally decided to make one.

~ ~~~ ~

Procedure

1.) Fill out a request form. The more details/explanation you include, the more likely I will get it right.
2.) Wait. Pretty obvious huh ? :3
3.) I will post a preview image (on a bigger format, possibly more variations)
4.) If there is only one and you like it as it is, skip to point 5. If there are more variations and you like one, pick which. If you'd like anything changed let me know and I'll fix it.
5.) After getting a confirmation from you I'll convert it into correct from and post a link for download.

Types of requests

A: Shrinking the provided image to the correct size/format. No further editing from me.
B: Shrinking the provided image and enhancing it. Ex. fixing less visible parts/contrast/colours.
C: Changing/fixing your existing icon. Recolour/change of details. (Yours, not from someone you saw and liked.)
D: Making an icon based on image provided as a reference.
E: Making an icon based on description. No image needed, but good explanation is expected.
F: Icon based on the faction name. If you REALLY have no clue what kind of icon you want. But make sure you explain the meaning of the name if it's not obvious.

Form

Faction name:
Type of request:
Description:
Image(s):

Keep in mind

~ Some images may not look good after undergoing shrinking (for A and B). I'll let you be the judge about that.
~ I am a human, not a factory. Be patient.
~ If you don't like it, don't be afraid to say it.
~ Don't request and never check the thread again. If you happen to have your icon done before I finished for some reason, come and say so.
~ Try to avoid using copyrighted material
~ Please don't use an icon I've made for somebody else. If you'd like one, make a request, or make your own.
~ If there are any visible changes after you submit the icon, it is not my fault, and there's nothing I can do about that.

How to upload

Go to My account (on top of the page) --> Faction icon submission

If that doesn't work...

Go to Support (also on top) --> Contact us --> Fill out the ticket form and title it something like "Faction icon submission". Make sure you attach the icon file.

FAQ

Q: You gave me a sheet of icons, how do I separate them?
A: Read what it says under "Procedure."

Q: Why do you make a preview, instead of posting actual icons?
A: Because it saves me the extra work of converting each icon variation in the correct form, and allows you to see how it would actually look.

Q: I requested a transparent background, why is it back? <.<
A: The alpha channel (transparency) is displayed this way. It will be transparent in game.

Q: The BMP looks different then the preview. How will it look in game?
A: Like preview. If you don't believe me, view it in a program which supports BMP transparency, such as Pixelformer.

Q: Why do you make only one icon for some, while many for the others?
A: It doesn't depend on people, but on the icons. Sometimes it's pretty straight forward and I can't think of variations, while sometimes I make plenty of them and post them all. Normally I include the original shrinked image, too - in case person wouldn't want any extra editing.

Q: I've seen someone using an icon you've made for me.

A: Nothing I can do about that, I think. I will remove the download link if you ask me so, though.

~ ~~~ ~

Be patient. It will probably take a week or two before you will get the icon in game. Speaking of that, feel free to post a screenshoot of it so I see how it looks :3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
Post edited by Nariin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
    _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Wow. This is a great idea! So I have to get my hands on the first one. :3

Faction name: Visceral
    Type of request: D: Making an icon based on image provided as a reference.
    Description: Ok, so.. First of all, I want the white background removed and changed to transparent (If possible) and then I wish there to be a bright red V in the crest (Shield part).
    Image(s): http://postimg.org/image/vpv8l87dh/

Thank you, and good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R8 101 Barb - Deleted by PWI. Customer care = 10/10!
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    First request >:3

Alright, first of all the picture is not very good for an icon. It has too many detailes, which could not be preserved, especially the wings are difficult shape for a small format. The shield area is way to small for a V. But of course it's possible to make background invisible, it's the easiest part :P (preview has background so you can see)

eagle_ico2_zps9a2f3f99.png

Explanation:
    Starting from middle row, first one is the original shrinked, to show why it doesn't work well. The next 2 along with the 2 below them are attempts to keep the detailes and the original shape. Since wings were the biggest issue and it's a refference request, I re-drew them into a more simple shape (the one on the top). The rest are modifications of it. I also think it looks better without the V. (V-s are different too)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well, good job anyhow! I agree that it looks better without the V. I'd like to choose the top one, as I think it looks the best. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I agree with the top one, small images look way better with less detailes. I just wasn't sure how similar do you wish it to be. Alright let's see if this works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All I see is the mouth and the feet of the bird, and everything else is black. I asked for a transparent background, not black. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All I see is the mouth and the feet of the bird, and everything else is black. I asked for a transparent background, not black. o.o

It is actually transparent, it just appears black :) It will look normal in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Oh, ok.. *Waits patiently to find out*

Extra request: May you create a favicon with the chosen icon, pwease? :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sure, here you go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    1st request - Satisfied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hi Nariin,

Please can you make one for me? The form is below:

Form

Faction name: MiIpulazi (means 'my farm' or 'my ranch' in zulu)
    Type of request: Take the animals from the pic and make it into a faction icon with a transparent background.
    Description: same as above.
    Image(s): imagescas7dypx.jpg

I have asked for all 4 animals to be done because I am not sure which will look best on a smaller scale. Hope this is ok.

Let me know if I need to provide anything else? Thank you.
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    1st request - Satisfied.

Glad you like it b:cute

@BriarIce: That's enough inf :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Glad you like it b:cute

@BriarIce: That's enough inf :)

Cool...thx :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Awesome Work keep on doing the good work xD. b:victoryf:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options

+1 and Hi Sizzer b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options

:3

Done!
    I know you didn't ask, but I edited them anyway ...I just couldn't help it :P
    Bottom ones are edited.

animals2_zps77116acc.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    :3

Done!
    I know you didn't ask, but I edited them anyway ...I just couldn't help it :P
    Bottom ones are edited.

animals2_zps77116acc.png

Wows that was quick and you did what I thought to ask you about but forgot. The edited ones are so much better :)

Now to choose...which one..which one....b:shocked

Sizzer..hulp..I like 3....lol. The giraffe, lion and elephant. Which one do I choose?

ok..the elephant

no....the giraffe...

the elephant...

Edit:

Ok after long consideration and torturing my mind I have settled on the elephant.

Thanks Nariin xxx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All done :)

<click>

Edit: Anyone knows why Mediafire shrinks the file size?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All done :)

<click>

Thank you b:kissb:kissb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Thank you b:kissb:kissb:kiss

You're welcome :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NodHaven - Heavens Tear
    NodHaven - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Faction name:LostHaven
    Type of request:Fac icon
    Description:id like for a cursive type lettering LH the outline of the letters to be red while the inside black...im not sure how its going too look in game thats the only thing im worried about :/ Ty in advance b:victory b:pleased
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/1374596_10202439367124731_521743726_n.jpg?oh=0c1528a366c4f62e60f6798e8267f495&oe=526A29A7

^

I'd like to see what you can do to make that into an appealing icon.
    How much detail/resolution can be kept and what you editing you could do to make any details that can't be kept into something more simplified.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Faction name:LostHaven
    Type of request:Fac icon
    Description:id like for a cursive type lettering LH the outline of the letters to be red while the inside black...im not sure how its going too look in game thats the only thing im worried about :/ Ty in advance b:victory b:pleased

LH_zps8ee7baae.png

Made 4 levels of red border. Less border makes it look more elegant, while more border makes it more visible on a dark background. Let me know if you want any changes :)

Edit: Or I could make it with background :o I'm just used to transparent icons so I assumed that's what you had in mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NodHaven - Heavens Tear
    NodHaven - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    :o im not sure honestly. can you show me with a white background? i kinda like the first and last one b:cry i hate decisions lol
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    LH_zpsa2001708.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsuma_Yin - Dreamweaver
    Tsuma_Yin - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Please can you make one for me? I would greatly appreciate it!

Form:

Faction name: WingedSol (it's an all Earthguard based guild)
    Type of request: I would like the first image of the 3rd eye made into a faction icon with a transparent background. The second one I would like to see what it looks like without the white aura on it, but I would also like this one made into a faction icon with a transparent background. The third image (the small one at the bottom) doesn't have to be transparent, I would prefer it just the way it is, just made into a faction icon xD

Others had requested me to your work because they find it amazing and helpful and I had trouble making my own. I would greatly appreciate itb:thanks

5cls8z.jpg

14lhczl.png

252321db567b.jpg
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Please can you make one for me? I would greatly appreciate it!

Form:

Faction name: WingedSol (it's an all Earthguard based guild)
    Type of request: I would like the first image of the 3rd eye made into a faction icon with a transparent background. The second one I would like to see what it looks like without the white aura on it, but I would also like this one made into a faction icon with a transparent background. The third image (the small one at the bottom) doesn't have to be transparent, I would prefer it just the way it is, just made into a faction icon xD

Others had requested me to your work because they find it amazing and helpful and I had trouble making my own. I would greatly appreciate itb:thanks

Sure thing :3

Alrighty... First two didn't look very good when scaled, especially the one with aura.

3rdeye3_zps9ff22375.png

So I hope you don't mind I took my own screenshots for reference and cut it with a hard edge, as it softens when it get's scaled anyway. Made 3 colour variations and fixed it a bit, the last row is with the mist.

3rdeye2_zps9c043730.png

The last one looked good without any modifying, but I wasn't sure if you want the white edge included or not.

3rdeye1_zps183f2eb7.png

They were fun icons to work with, hope you like it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Completely off topic but...
    @Nariin I've been taking your advice on board for what you said about my sigs and have been experimenting, although my laptop is away being repaired and I'm on a cruddy little laptop at the moment haha, my primary laptop has Gimp and so well yeah.
    I do apologise for not being very humble at first with taking your feedback though :)
    My current sig is one that did take me a bit, I make better sigs if I have something to model off (like a ready made one that I'm trying to make, but with a point of difference) this one I saw on a different games' website.
    Thank you heaps :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Tsuma_Yin - Dreamweaver
    Tsuma_Yin - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Sure thing :3

Alrighty... First two didn't look very good when scaled, especially the one with aura.

3rdeye3_zps9ff22375.png

So I hope you don't mind I took my own screenshots for reference and cut it with a hard edge, as it softens when it get's scaled anyway. Made 3 colour variations and fixed it a bit, the last row is with the mist.

3rdeye2_zps9c043730.png

The last one looked good without any modifying, but I wasn't sure if you want the white edge included or not.

3rdeye1_zps183f2eb7.png

They were fun icons to work with, hope you like it :)

Wow!!! Those look amazing! I think the first 2 on the 2nd row are the hardest to debate on X_x I think the first one (on the far left) on the 2nd row stood out the most to me. b:thanks I am really lost for words on how great you did! You truly are really awesomeb:chuckle