Disable hypers in frost, yes, no or LV restricted?

Options

Comments

• Antigone - Momaganon
    Antigone - Momaganon Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    1) There are a bunch of hyper noobs anyway...they allowed hypers for everyone for too long, now it's too late to save the servers from the big noobness.

2) IDC if there is a restriction or not but if so, it should be around 70 or 75 where fc was ment to made. Till 70 u can quest and lvl easily but after it starts to suck and be honest: after playing maybe 2,3,4 or even more years...who wants to lvl up a twink just for fun the hard way AGAIN?
    I played my first char like 1,5 years till she reached 100. First time I hypered was with lvl 99 and ~90%. I did every single quest. It was fun. It was new. But I rly don't wanna do that again and again and again...

So: I vote for normal hypers like all the time. But if that's not possible then don't set restriction too high
  • manyak0090
    manyak0090 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restricted 80+
  • spensen
    spensen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:angry !!LEVEL RESTRICTION!! b:angry
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restriction in entering FC should be done.I would say lvl75+ would be reasonable because lvl75-85 players should be given chance to as at these level FC is quite challenging and fun too.From lvl85+ it becomes easy and enjoyable.So i suggest entry level should be 75+.

You are of course assuming that they run the full instance and dont just do Big Room, by doing that they are learning nothing thats the problem. Ban the sale of bigroom's full stop. You wanna lv fast, run the instance.
  • patchouly
    patchouly Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restriction 85+
    no more PLVL noobs please

Many, many years in Perfect world did learn me allot about how people behave. And personally I dont care if Hypers are allowed in FF or not but I know that allot of people came back to this game because of the hypers. People who had problems with various party quests and who where unable to find a team ot wherent supported that wel by their guilds.

I also know that allot of those who are shouting in world chat, or in forums, that hypers shouldnt be allowed in FF had lvl-ed their chars trough these exploits.... And be carefull I can give many names.
    When you are in this game long enough, you know that it is impossible to lvl daily above 80-90.
    So think about it before giving the attitude.
    And besides make no mistake no power lvl is no guarantee for a pro-team. How many times weve been in teams with illustre hybrid's who had hardly healing or HP, or they are sparingly on their charms, or there where fight over drops,...... etc. And dont give me the "MY duild is great" **** because I saw countless of people stuck on simple bosses or instances.
    If you want to prevent people to lvl trough hyper FF. Than I suggest that they do a rollback on all chars who lvl-ed in the past trough that exploit, and that they remove the money and gear from those who earned millions on PLVL others. I know it would be a mayor task, but it is possible..... Stop the hypocrisy IF your guild is so supportif and great why would it bother you if there are others who dont know their char build. You dont need them anyway...
  • /Advil - Archosaur
    /Advil - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I vote level restrict to 75+. Get more people out on the world map experiencing the rest of perfect world b:victory
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    patchouly wrote: »
    Many, many years in Perfect world did learn me allot about how people behave. And personally I dont care if Hypers are allowed in FF or not but I know that allot of people came back to this game because of the hypers. People who had problems with various party quests and who where unable to find a team ot wherent supported that wel by their guilds.

I also know that allot of those who are shouting in world chat, or in forums, that hypers shouldnt be allowed in FF had lvl-ed their chars trough these exploits.... And be carefull I can give many names.
    When you are in this game long enough, you know that it is impossible to lvl daily above 80-90.
    So think about it before giving the attitude.
    And besides make no mistake no power lvl is no guarantee for a pro-team. How many times weve been in teams with illustre hybrid's who had hardly healing or HP, or they are sparingly on their charms, or there where fight over drops,...... etc. And dont give me the "MY duild is great" **** because I saw countless of people stuck on simple bosses or instances.
    If you want to prevent people to lvl trough hyper FF. Than I suggest that they do a rollback on all chars who lvl-ed in the past trough that exploit, and that they remove the money and gear from those who earned millions on PLVL others. I know it would be a mayor task, but it is possible..... Stop the hypocrisy IF your guild is so supportif and great why would it bother you if there are others who dont know their char build. You dont need them anyway...

Never gonna happen lol
  • jwalker08181979
    jwalker08181979 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Being that FC quests start 75+ I would say that a restriction to only 75+ be able to enter.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    patchouly wrote: »
    So when people were using Rebirth Gamma to level up in a day in the low 8X lvl range, that wasn't really happening? Or is this just a comment from coming around after FCCs. Because I remember leveling quickly thanks to Gamma on my BM. Even had a friendslist populated by people who were good at Gamma, and would get invites based on actually knowing how to use all the BMs skills, and saving a couple otherwise wipes.

Do you know how many 90+ BMs in FCC don't even know Roar of the Pride acts as aggro, even if the target is immune to stuns? Way too many.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I know my opinion probably doesn't count as I'm basically retired, but I'm torn.

On one hand, I say, revert it back. Sure it's easy to level from 1-80 without FC, but the damage is already done. It was like the goonz glitch--so many have reached 105 that when they "fixed" it ("fixed" used very loosely), folks were saying that it should've stayed, or at the very least give more options for 100+ to level to 105 because by them fixing it, those who took advantage of it is going to be further ahead of the curve than those who didn't have the opportunity. Getting rid of hypers in FC is not gonna get rid of hyper babies. They're only going to manifest in other forms. Hypering pit, anyone?

Also, I dunno if anyone has mentioned it yet--I have a migraine and can't really go through 28 pages of writing, but you can have two people side by side, one who powerleveled with FC and the other one who did it without. One does their job well, and the other one doesn't know the mechanics of the game. Guess who is the former, and guess who's the latter? If you guess that the plvl'er is the one who was doing well, then great, you get a cookie.

The point is, some powerlevelers can do their job well, and some "grinders" are **** at their job. FC isn't the blame for that--that's just human nature at that point. Some will not give a damn and will not take steps to learn their class, and some will, regardless of how they gained their levels.

On the other hand, level restricting isn't a bad solution either. However, it brings me back to the point that if people are lazy enough (or rich enough) to find a way around it, they will. Hypering pit, anyone?

And before anyone says that I'm a 100+ who doesn't want to see anyone else level--I have 2 101 chars. One was leveled when zhenning was THE way to level. She was leveled when FISH GRINDING was prominent. I remember leveling to 89 soley on fish. Took me 8 hours to do so. And I freaking enjoyed it. If they were to lvl restrict, I'd love to see zhen squads back. I'd love to come back to this game on a low level and do Gammas again (anyone remember those?).

However, getting rid of hypers in fc altogether would be absolutely stupid. NW killed nirvana. TT is on life support. Keeping it as is would kill yet another instance, and well, for years, folks have been saying that the game is dead, and that may be the last nail on the coffin.

(For the record, I did not vote on this poll because there is no "Either lvl restrict or revert as is" option)

so not true.
    yes you sometimes find 1 person among the 100 frost baby who knows how to play.
    and for the singel 1 player you want us to deal with the rest of the 99 frost baby who dont.
    that is the most stupid idea ever.
    1 dont equal 99 bad player who have running around in lv100.
    and if you say yes but they can learn why should we teach someone who should alredy know his damn class.
    and also most of those fail wont reach lv100 if it was not for frost to begin with.
    cos once the server knows them they would get abbandoned and then there goes there speed and eventually quit.
    we have a lot of fail 100 and 99% of them come directly from plvl of fcc

its a direct result from fcc.
  • CRYSTY - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restricted . Leveling rate after 80 is much much slower than low lvls -60 . I doubt that pwe wanmei will take attitude to do something about this (fcc+hyper) (well at least so soon). Anyways im used without fcc and hypers (i'm old fashioned doing quests and bh lol) by the time when i started to play (without breaks) there wasnt such things as fcc lvling, g16, r9999999.., aps 5, weapons with weird named "bone licker" lol,warsoul items,bh, whatever :D and players were doing quests :) and happy with 100k/gold, trading valentine pigments , selling panthers and bear mounts and shouting for help with eyes of krimson,begging to join to a FB team for fun and EXP, in a FB dungeon run ,where, by the way, the molds drop rates from bosses were fair enough or doing world bosses in guilds.The highest gear seen on auction was TT 60 :)).First highest level, veno, was lady_morgana i think.

ask any 2008-2009 veteran (you can recognize one easily if riding a blue glowing beast mount) , you know what they'll say ? "good old times :) "

Some powered level characters may be the future noobs with outdated gear/low lvl skills in bh runs which can accuse a good cleric for not doing his job properly due to high damage taken or they may fail a squad run for something ..so no, let them do some quests/get good skills or gear,know the game mechanics before to ruin the party runs or start to do fcc and progress in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI since nov 2008, FW open beta, BOI open beta, STO free-to-play open release, Torchlight I since came out.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    so not true.
    yes you sometimes find 1 person among the 100 frost baby who knows how to play.
    and for the singel 1 player you want us to deal with the rest of the 99 frost baby who dont.
    that is the most stupid idea ever.
    1 dont equal 99 bad player who have running around in lv100.
    and if you say yes but they can learn why should we teach someone who should alredy know his damn class.
    and also most of those fail wont reach lv100 if it was not for frost to begin with.
    cos once the server knows them they would get abbandoned and then there goes there speed and eventually quit.
    we have a lot of fail 100 and 99% of them come directly from plvl of fcc

its a direct result from fcc.

We dont have a lot of anything on my server anymore. Im not sure there is 1 new player still on it. I dont see taking things away from players improving that situation any.

"FC Babies" is a nice pair of buzzwords, isnt it? Gets people all against other players and what they want to do with their chars.

Im not power-leveled, but isnt someone as 'leet' as you already grouped with friends, and not really going to suffer any ill-effects from anyone who doesnt know how to play their class?

Let the servers gain some population again, then start taking anything that is helpful, or seen as fun, away from them, please. Thanks. b:surrenderb:thanks
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Suppose I should throw in my 2 cents.

People seem to think that changing FC to 75+ like it was clearly intended (Cant open with lvl 75- in squad) is going to do anything for power leveling. Do you guys know who buy those head rooms? Judging by your opinions it feels a clear no. I was one of the if not biggest FC seller on Archosaur during fall, likely will be again when my comp is fixed, and I believe I have quite large pool of samples to draw from. If I had to guess, Id say I sold bout 200 xp rooms during that time.

Vast majority of those buyers are level 75+, of course there are exceptions of CSers who are 40-60 with will and means for buying xp rooms. But my experience is ~90% of xp rooms are sold to people who are over level 75.

I also dont understand how its anybody`s business how people play their toons. You dont find them skilled enough for your squads? Dont squad with them. Only instance I can think of where noob really eats time is RB as first waves are a joke but still take fair a bit of time.

I would also question if power leveling has much to do with skill level of playerbase. I think bigger reason is how PWI is directed more and more towards casual gamers. We had a lot higher percentage of hardcore gamers back in days and as this game has made changes to lose them, its obvious average skill level goes down. Those players also make average players better by teaching them and thus having fairly large impact on skill level of community.

PWI doesnt have talented hardcore gamers or least they are so limited I wouldnt count on seeing many per server. I have seen 1 player on Archosaur who I would consider both incredibly talented in mechanics and good with micromanagement. He has rolled sin and archer, been best player of either class on server hands down. I know he studied CDs on multiple classes before he even logged in game, which is pretty professional take on gaming.

After those sort of players come people who are good with micromanagement and are by no means idiots. Its the players with 2k+ Elos on LoL and the like. The only thing I dont think these types have is the energy to calculate different builds to extent top tier does. They are quick to follow what others do but dont really create ideas themselves so to say.

Third tier is players who are either good on both mechanics/strategy and micromanagement or exceptional mechanics/strategy and only "normal" micromanagement. Even these players pull off stuff average players consider plain impossible but depending on game they have difficulty to do it consistently due not having required level of micromanagement.

After these Id put your good players who dont do mistakes aka fill their roles and while they are consistent, they are "only" good. After good players I would consider the point where average gamers come into play and I would consider few average players HC gamers due how differently most HC gamers take gaming than casual gamers. Even if they started on the same line, its the attitude where one improves and learns from mistakes he didnt even make.

I dont judge anybody for not being perfect, I know I am not perfect myself and Id put myself on third tier with a grain of salt. I have dominated in games, which require little micromanagement but I know I cant compete in some games due my lack in that aspect. One of the only reasons why I as MMO player to the bone play LoL is trying to practice my micromanagement abilities. I find LoL fairly good mix in things, which once mastered will help you pretty much in any game.

The main reason why I brought this up is all this talk bout no skill noobs, honestly, massive majority of those comments come from players who would spend their time better by improving themselves instead of calling others noobs. But this is really the main difference between HC gamers and casual gamers, the attitude. HC gamers look what they could realistically do better while your casual gamers QQ bout noobs who fail if something goes wrong.

Power leveled noobs is only scapegoat for not admitting oneself he/she is only average or below average gamer/player. You know, even if you didnt make a mistake, which resulted into the wipe, its not what you should focus on. You should focus on what you could of, despite it not being your fault, done better to recover from such mistake. You have to accept you can get better in order to get better.

In short I feel like its none of community`s business if some players power level with FC or not. I also feel like the decline in the skill level of community is result of catering for casual players, which resulted in the exodus of HC gamers who impact community 2 ways by being better and making others better. And like I said, I feel like FC noobs is only scapegoat for people to deny the truth, they really arent as good as they think they are.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • fehlendenummer
    fehlendenummer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I voted lvl restricted because it would probably fix the problem to keep up with your friends while lvling, although then many would give higher players money to do their bhs for them i think. There are just people out there who like to spend their money - no matter on what xD

And well, what eactly IS a hyper baby?
    I played since 2008 on sanc the old way and server got dead. I had some higher chars there but was never in fc before because i never had a faction/friends who did it.

When i restarted at Morm I lvld my myst to 75 with bhs and quests, but then i missed my other classes and made new ones. I leveld most other chars in fc till 75+ but always were too afraid to actually join a normal squad because people were so seriously in not dying xD When i finally was brave enough to join with my seeker lvl 86 it was really funny.

So i am a hyper baby? I lvld my main from 75-85 just with bhs and heads and when i first did a real fc on myst i was right thrown in to be the "main" healer as a myst and was still learning.
    Now im actually healing better than most clerics i met >>

Idk on my server i didnt see one person who leveld with heads and DOESNT know his class. Actually our best pker had lvld his myst and sin with heads only and i bet even people on LC would have problems killing him.
    There are some fails, but most of them were leveling the old way.

Im nearly 100 now and was looking forward to sell heads because it simply would give so much money (i dont spend much real money ingame) and there are not many ways to gain money. But well, lvl range is better than powerleveling i guess so im gonna end up doing tt anyways xD

Maybe PWE will finally get some brain and fix their CS problems if the first step is taken here... i mean, if no lowbie is gonna buy hypers it can only get better i think (sorry i wrote that much b:shutup)
  • Alaa_Sasuke - Raging Tide
    Alaa_Sasuke - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I do not agree on ''Level Restricted''b:angry
  • nosehit
    nosehit Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    In lieu of the other thread about hypers being disabled in frost, I'm deciding to make a poll.

Now, yes V4l mentioned that the change is a bug and will most likely be fixed, but I want to see what the community wants (even though I know that most poll are kindsa rigged here, I'll do it anyway).

"If you guys want it to stay, then you'd better show your support strongly and loudly"

I'm changing the poll in order to add lv restriction since that also seems to be a popular option.

Sorry to have you guys re-vote D:

Edit: I'm actually leaning more towards the idea of having them lv restricted rather than just outright disabling hypers on fc.

This really concerns me. We play this game and some of us spend cash here. We have a right to expect a legit game. PWI takes the stance of "well we screwed up the update and we MIGHT fix it". Business at PWI as usual. No wonder so many get so fed up and go to another game.

As for the hypers in FCC, it's not fair to take them out when the vast majority here have had the option of using them or not using them. As for me.. I don't really care one way or another. I just hate to see the game die completely when the new ones that try it see they don't have a "power level" option like the rest of the games do and decide to move on to those other games.
  • marzy1
    marzy1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I've played pw since it was beta in pw malaysia. the first english speaking pw.

I left pw-my because they turned off the hypering in FF. It was boring.. I've done everything and the thought of starting another character so I can reach 100 again was boring. I know all the quest back to front and I decided that I'll never do them again except for my cultis. Its my choice to lvl fast or slow and addition to my time constraints I prefer to do some fun things. Taking away the hyper in FF will loose group fun activites..

In pw-my, NO ONE EVER enters FF. Its too costly (charm burn) against the little reward u receive in the end.

The one thing I've noticed about pwi against pw-my is that no1 does anything as groups unless its in FFs. Stopping that will just kill this game... People will get bored.

All the fun stuff is directed towards lvl 80+... Hardly anyone does bounty anymore b/c its so repetitive.

well I guess one thing will be good... the cost will dive as people sell their accounts..

The buyer then sell their items to make a small profit. Its a win win except for after a year there will be no players on the maps.

and if u thinking of but I'm wrong... just take a look in pw-my and you will see the evidence.. Its a fact... Removing the hyper did kill the game.... thats a fact!!!!
  • ISlitMyCIit - Sanctuary
    ISlitMyCIit - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Get rid of hypers entirely inside of FCC and revert it to the previous mode like it was when pw only started.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ive been saying for ages that FF should be limited to Lv group. But i think 85 is to high should be around 70 if im gonna put that idea into your minds. This should be in intresting vote to say the least.
  • VTheNova - Archosaur
    VTheNova - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Is there a fourth option declaring the whole thing utterly irrelevant? I'm sure it's been mentioned multiple times now but, without FC people will just plvl another way if they so choose. Hell there was a point in time where people on the archo server would oracle to 80-90. Point is that it won't change, people won't become suddenly motivated, and to address all the people who are screaming how every power leveler looses out on learning to play the game, think of your toon right now, now in a realistic scenario, how hard is it really to learn a toon? The combat system in the game is perversely simple, anyone with half a brain can pick up a 100 toon, fiddle around for a few days and know the class, and no matter how long you grind up to 100 you can't teach stupid, so some people are just doomed to lack talent.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Is there a fourth option declaring the whole thing utterly irrelevant? I'm sure it's been mentioned multiple times now but, without FC people will just plvl another way if they so choose. Hell there was a point in time where people on the archo server would oracle to 80-90. Point is that it won't change, people won't become suddenly motivated, and to address all the people who are screaming how every power leveler looses out on learning to play the game, think of your toon right now, now in a realistic scenario, how hard is it really to learn a toon? The combat system in the game is perversely simple, anyone with half a brain can pick up a 100 toon, fiddle around for a few days and know the class, and no matter how long you grind up to 100 you can't teach stupid, so some people are just doomed to lack talent.

When all those ppl, including the OP and all those other forum noobs , would do quests in world instead of staying in forum 20h per day, world map on all servers would be crowded. But instead of playing the game those little forum **** try to force the majority of gamers to play the game as they want them to play it. Ppl which prefer to run instances never tried to force ppl not to do quests in world anymore. They just want to play a game in peace and with freedom. If you don't like the community, just look for a boring asian grinder, there are enough out there.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I say level restricted. They should setup frost like PV, based on level range. A 100+ Frost instance with drops like Warsong and Lunar would be awesome. Bring back Frost drops. Higher gear drop rate for lower level toons, molds and badges for higher level toons 100+.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • ashleymarieply08
    ashleymarieply08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    LVL restrict to 60+ only. By 60 if you dont know how to play your toon gtfo!
  • realmuggsy
    realmuggsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    questing is great the first time on first toon made ... blah but doing it over and over again because you want a different character or characters in the game is redundant b:bye but even lvling quickly is a problem as you have people that start the game and have no clue as to what to do b:beatenup b:beatenup b:beatenup
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Let me just say that the arguments from pro-Frost powerleveling are becoming tiresomely predictable. I'll respond to a few now:
    "It's not fair to take them out now, not after 90461729469103796104790934 other people have used them!"
    It "wasn't fair" to legitimate levelers when people started abusing Frost this way in the first place. You are not losing something that you had any rightful claim to from the start.

Do you remember when the goon glitch was fixed awhile back? A certain number of people benefitted from that, too (and were never properly punished for it, incidentally). Did goon glitching give them an unfair advantage? Yes. Does that mean goon glitching should have stayed? Hell no.

This is the same situation. You can't just say "oh well, someone abused it, too late, better let everyone abuse it." There's no perfect solution here, because you can't just rip levels from people. But you can change and you can adapt, and this is a change that's been desparately needed for at least two years.
    "All the good content is at endgame!" or "PWE/wanmei encourage being endgame!"
    The first one of these is BS. The second one is true, sadly, but still doesn't make Frost abuse necessary or acceptable.

There is plenty of lowgame and midgame content out there if you're willing to take the time to explore it. Endgame will still be there a month or two from now - which is all it should take for you to get to a legitimately Frost-capable level (75-80+) from which point you can use hypers in there.
    "But questing is sooooooo slow/boring!"
    Too damn bad. What you signed on for here is an MMO, and MMOs are not about instant gratification (at least, not if they're designed properly). You want a game where everyone's super-powered from the start and no work is required to beat the **** out of everyone else? Hook up a console and play a fighting game. MMOs are about building a character through time and effort, not paying someone else to level for you (or even getting it for free). If you can't take the idea of that, no one is forcing you to play, but don't whine when you find out that this game doesn't (or at least, shouldn't) revolve around your instant gratification.
    "Everyone 100+ wants to keep lowbies down!" or "You powerleveled, why can't I?"
    Bullcrap. Those 700ish votes for level restriction (or no hypers at all) weren't cast by hypocrites. They were cast by people who earned their levels the hard way, by not exploiting an idiotic oversight on the part of the devs. All we're asking is that you play fair, like we did.
    "No one ever does any low BHs / PVs / any other group content!" or "Losing powerleving will cause people to quit!"
    People are amazingly adaptable. We adapted through packs, we adapted through rank sales, and hell, we adapted through all your powerleveling. Now maybe it's your turn to adapt. PWI has lived through dozens of changes that people said would kill the game. But to be frank, powerleveling is one practice that is killing the game... and though removing it would cause some pain to people who use it, it's got to be done to help the game heal a little. You've gotta rip off that band-aid sometime.
    "U CANT TELL ME HOW 2 PLY!"
    You can't tell me to respect your illegitimately-obtained levels, either. I give everyone I meet the benefit of the doubt that they didn't powerlevel, but once I learn otherwise, bam - I'm stuck squadding with someone of dubious skill level and, even if they are skilled, someone whose playstyle makes a mockery of my own. It's extremely bad taste to squad with people who actually played the game and earned their levels and act like you earned them too when you didn't (and by the way, having one legitimately-leveled character does not entitle you to illegit ones).

Now could people please stop using the same predictable arguments?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Suekasa - Archosaur
    Suekasa - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I would have too Agree with most. maybe its not fair but think of EVERYONE else that Just quest's and Here is everyone Buying/selling Power leveling for the Aim of what End Game?

I really don't see the point in it Once you hit 101 anyways what's the Point too keep going what are you going too do? tell me that.

I no they will Fix this Minor Glitch But id Rather them not. I say Pv shouldn't be able too use Hyper's Either. BUT we all no this wont happen IN Everyone MMO i have played they always look for the fastest Route.

Pretty silly If you ask me "Why play the Game if you already Beat it"
    f:laugh"In the virtual world, you have power,respect,friends and peace. Why would you
    want to return to the real world?"f:laugh
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I know back when I started playing my Archer on the HT Server, no one was allowed into FF if they were below 85. Getting to 85 is in no way shape or form a chore to do especially these days with all the quests and other exp things you have now that A LOT of people didn't have 3 years ago. I leveled a mystic in 2x from 1-65 in a month of playing, from bhs, questing, reflection, cs basicially anything I could do to get exp. This is helps you play your class better plain and simple. There are stories of plvl'd toons on the HT server of a 90+ cleric not knowing what purify is, I mean seriously if you don't think this plvling toons is an issue I'm not sure what to call you.
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    @Suekasa making PV not have hypers basically ruins any sort of leveling for 100+ toons. FF doesn't yield enough exp to make spamming it worthwhile. There are tons of players who are getting to 105 through hard work in PV at least on the HT server. Also 101+ is more for PVP it gives you more stealth/detection levels. But it also gives you more hp, more stat points, more access to better genies and more genie skills.

I know I can get like 2% or more a day from dailies and PV. And for us 101+ that is a lot of exp, more so for 103 and 104s but its still takes awhile to level.
  • Mormi - Lost City
    Mormi - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Miugre, +1000 ... there is nothing in your post i could disagree with... I vote for no hyper in frost at all. Check PW-MY which was nearly dead... There was no hyper-frost at all in that game and you can still easly get form 1 to 100 within couple weeks/months if you're lazy... Public quest (hyperable) PV (hyperable) morai... everything in there SCREAMS to you "GET YOUR EXP, ITS RIGHT HERE!"
    So please, stop complaining that someone took your comfy wheelchair away from you... Its not gonna hurt, just teach you to walk by yourself. b:bye

(no offense ofc.)
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Let me just say that the arguments from pro-Frost powerleveling are becoming tiresomely predictable. I'll respond to a few now:

Yours are surprisingly absurd.

It "wasn't fair" to legitimate levelers when people started abusing Frost this way in the first place. You are not losing something that you had any rightful claim to from the start.

Do you remember when the goon glitch was fixed awhile back? A certain number of people benefitted from that, too (and were never properly punished for it, incidentally). Did goon glitching give them an unfair advantage? Yes. Does that mean goon glitching should have stayed? Hell no.

This is the same situation. You can't just say "oh well, someone abused it, too late, better let everyone abuse it." There's no perfect solution here, because you can't just rip levels from people. But you can change and you can adapt, and this is a change that's been desparately needed for at least two years.

FC was revamped to xp instance so yes, people are as entitled to it as any instance in the game. And FC has been this for how long? Years. Really, it has become solid part of game, not something that was on "test run" like you make it seem.

And I for one think goons should of been allowed as it was abused to the extent that players who were unable to do so for reason or the other are permanently behind in levels, discounting the ones who can solo PV fast enough for multiple runs per token. I dont want to derail this thread but its safe to say 105s have massive advantages over most non-gooners.

Btw, what the hell is "legitimate leveler"? Does it include only questing/grinding? Or you think delta/gamma is legit way to level? And also, is grinding with hypers considered abuse?

The first one of these is BS. The second one is true, sadly, but still doesn't make Frost abuse necessary or acceptable.

There is plenty of lowgame and midgame content out there if you're willing to take the time to explore it. Endgame will still be there a month or two from now - which is all it should take for you to get to a legitimately Frost-capable level (75-80+) from which point you can use hypers in there.

While I see this attitude in irl politics, I cant really understand it. Restricting something that has no effect in your life, other than finding it "wrong" and thus offending you on personal level. *** rights are great example of this, the heck its your business who people do in their bedroom? Same goes to power leveling, the heck it`s your problem? Its not your life/toon.

Too damn bad. What you signed on for here is an MMO, and MMOs are not about instant gratification (at least, not if they're designed properly). You want a game where everyone's super-powered from the start and no work is required to beat the **** out of everyone else? Hook up a console and play a fighting game. MMOs are about building a character through time and effort, not paying someone else to level for you (or even getting it for free). If you can't take the idea of that, no one is forcing you to play, but don't whine when you find out that this game doesn't (or at least, shouldn't) revolve around your instant gratification.

And so you have right to determine others cant skip older content they dont find appealing? Oh damn, I must of played WoW wrong by skipping content that was outdated. Like it or not, WoW is most popular MMOrpg for a reason and really, rushing to level cap doesnt take too long. Id say it takes less than what "FC babies" take in getting to 100. But I suppose this is irrelevant, oh ruler of the interwebz, what else I am not allowed to do?

Bullcrap. Those 700ish votes for level restriction (or no hypers at all) weren't cast by hypocrites. They were cast by people who earned their levels the hard way, by not exploiting an idiotic oversight on the part of the devs. All we're asking is that you play fair, like we did.

So its cheating to skip content you have already explored on your main? According to who? How or when its even your problem? I too played fair, I was one of the first 3 demon barbs on Archosaur, there was nobody who could of powerleveled me. So when I then created alt and leveled him in FC I didnt play fair? What if, which happens to be true, I had lvl 80 Archer on DW I quit around the time BHs came out. Lvl 80 was the level restriction you too agreed on? Is it cheating "transferring" said archer w/o gears to Archosaur? Or should I have gone trough the exact same content again? If yes, why?

People are amazingly adaptable. We adapted through packs, we adapted through rank sales, and hell, we adapted through all your powerleveling. Now maybe it's your turn to adapt. PWI has lived through dozens of changes that people said would kill the game. But to be frank, powerleveling is one practice that is killing the game... and though removing it would cause some pain to people who use it, it's got to be done to help the game heal a little. You've gotta rip off that band-aid sometime.

I ask you, how is PV different from FC? If FC is cheating, why isnt PV, which gives pretty similar xp? Or do you only talk bout selling FCs/powerleveling own alts there?

You can't tell me to respect your illegitimately-obtained levels, either. I give everyone I meet the benefit of the doubt that they didn't powerlevel, but once I learn otherwise, bam - I'm stuck squadding with someone of dubious skill level and, even if they are skilled, someone whose playstyle makes a mockery of my own. It's extremely bad taste to squad with people who actually played the game and earned their levels and act like you earned them too when you didn't (and by the way, having one legitimately-leveled character does not entitle you to illegit ones).

Now could people please stop using the same predictable arguments?

Silly me thought you are supposed to enjoy games and use them for relaxing while all along it was supposed to be taken as your virtual job. But actually, nobody asks you to respect those "illegitimately-obtained levels" either, you are the one who wants to force something on others.

Ps. You ever heard of strawman argument?
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
This discussion has been closed.