Disable hypers in frost, yes, no or LV restricted?

Options

Comments

• rcboi96
    rcboi96 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    That's what the place is made for why take it away? And if all of you are annoyed by the power leveling then ignore it, i know you power leveled too don't act like and complain like you leveling to 100+ without it most of you did the same thing we are all doing too so you can't get mad, honestly it was a bug so now why are we asking the community about a mistake that should really just be fixed and left alone the place was made for a reason, leave it that way please.
  • Ramil - Sanctuary
    Ramil - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    if u disabled hypers in fcc or lvl restricted lots of ppl will not gonna continue playing and its hard enough to reach lvl 85
  • rcboi96
    rcboi96 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ur right.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I voted for level restricted. Sick of hyper babies not knowing how to do things, not to mention it'll give Phoenix Valley at lower levels more of a reason to be used.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    if u disabled hypers in fcc or lvl restricted lots of ppl will not gonna continue playing and its hard enough to reach lvl 85

We lost a small amount of players when NW was added, so what? We will still continue with a loyal amount of gamers regardless.
  • Shmee_BM - Sanctuary
    Shmee_BM - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restricted 85+!
  • Lallipop - Sanctuary
    Lallipop - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restricted 85+! b:chuckle
  • En_Sin - Sanctuary
    En_Sin - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restricted 85+!
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Setting a lvl req of 85+ is arbitrary. To get from lvl 1 to about 70 takes less than 5 runs. after a certain level you hit a wall and exp gain in FCC slows down significantly, also ever-increasingly.

Most people end up doing BH 70/80/90/100 to supplement their exp anyway. That's plenty of opportunity to learn your class and learn squad-play. So what if "the rest of us" are being exposed to unskilled FCC noob characters? It teaches us to learn how to handle dungeon crises.

New people will likely not know about FCC nor have the coin to pay for it enough to "abuse" it, especially if they are stuck grinding out levels and NPC'ing 1coin DQ drops and doing the normal quests which give **** exp compared to the time and effort invested.

Veterans leveling an alt have the option of leveling quickly if they can afford it or have other means of accessing it.

It provides a market for hyper stones and the dungeon itself.

And let me not forget to mention how incredibly unfair it would be for everyone who hasnt had the chance to "abuse it" the way we all have been all these years.

It's become a fixture in the game.

NO level cap. RE-activate hyper usage in FCC.
  • LovenHate - Raging Tide
    LovenHate - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Baby needs love too! b:cute
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    don't mean to get off topic but....

SweetieBot check server status

and I do choose lvl restricted xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    theres only one big flaw with your suggestion, it would totaly make bh for warsong a totally unactive/deserted instance just like nirvana is now plus theres not enough 102s on each server to make warsong even worth running. if your saying to limit warsong from bh 100, then alot of players will be disgusted with that particular change. if you have a better idea on a different instance for bh 100 id like to hear what ya have in mind

reply is in blue

I agree with everything you said...I did Public quest for quite a few days not even hypering mobs down there...the quest itself cant be done by a person who cant get the quest...and the quest itself gives EXTREMELY good exp..its how I got from 60-80...I would find a good PQ squad, ussialy had a sin bm veno archer blahblahblah..cause im a cleric..and we would do PQ all day long :P

also, what they were saying "its a profit to a large protion of the player base" isnt true at all..its a profit to all the sins...-.- and the few bms and barbs that solo fc...its not a profit to the playerbase..its a profit to an OP class...people need T mats to get their G16, so either farm lunar and tt to sell mats or i guess they are SOL...thats how I got coins and still get coins.

Let us not forget how much of a profit AEU can be...free apo, and you get skills you can sell for coins..I sold a book for 20-25mil a few weeks back...so yea, there are WAY better ways to make coins...

ON my last note, ok fine...you don't want Hypers to be level caps? FINE...I would be happy if FC was level capped at 75 or 80 =) so no one can step their nooby little feet through the portal even if its manualy
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot check server status

and I do choose lvl restricted xD
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 128ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 122ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PvE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 115ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 121ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 35ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 35ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 29ms)

European Servers:
    Lothranis (PvE) (pwieu1.fr.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 133ms)
    Momaganon (PvE) (pwieu2.de.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 126ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• nejiila#6844
    nejiila#6844 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    LF hypers in fc b:laugh b:victory honestly itz good to hv plvl noobs around makes u appreciate ur skills n other good players around u.. b:pleased n they can alwayz learn be better so i want hypers in fc so i can get to 105 b:laugh
  • logaslo
    logaslo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    giveus the fc back esay thing b:sad
  • kaleya
    kaleya Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Yeah, I have no idea how to quote an edited version of my quote, so in response to Vanflyheight's responses:

"hypers should be lvl limited cause theres more to pwi than just running ff day in and day out and if you think that by putting hypers back to the original way before the update than you might as well ragequit and uninstall pwi completely. alot of us veterans of pwi are sick of all the powerlvled noobs that have totally taken over of how things are done in the game. i think it discourages ppl even more by not having things to challenge them. does it really matter how time consuming it is in pwi or is it cause your just so money hungry that you want to keep the powerlvling open for you to collect more income for yourself. there was more to money making than hypering ppl up. leveling slowly gives ya the chance to understand and knw entirely where and when to use our skills that will effect the squads that we join. every classes skill can be useful once ya know how to use em stead of choosing which ones to use and which other ones are useless. to me your a poor excuse for playing on here."

You confuse everything I had said. I said FF is a means to level yourself higher and then learn and develop skills. I never said that PWI was all about FF, it's just a means to get to end-game goals. I've been in the game since the get go, and I don't see an overload of "powerleveled noobs." In what ways have they taken over the game? Plus, I'm pretty sure quests under level 70 aren't that challenging... I don't know how you can assume that I am "money hungry" because I never have plvled for money. So please read carefully and don't make assumptions.

"learning how to execute certain skills at certain mobs and bosses can help a player learn alot from battling with the environment. its not just learning what skills do but rather also how they can be effective in every situation that you would come across. learning your class in pve gives the player an opportunity to develop their own personal and unique playstyle which is mostly possible in a pve environment stead of being dragged behind like some little kid who needs their parents help on everything. learning your class as a player is what makes the real fun out of it stead of being some idiot who got their way all the time by having some other high lvl give them something that they should of earned in the first place."

You're under the impression that everyone who plvls never bother to learn how to play their class, which is wrong. I'm saying I'd rather plevel to 80, and learn my class with a wide variety of skill options going into BH/quests/etc. This is a lot of player's "playstyle." Just because you take a huge stepping stone doesn't disqualify you from the capability of being skilled.

" can tell ya why ppl who have a 100+ toon can call or say who is fail and who isnt just by simply looking at their actions. id say its really unfair to have high lvls who worked over 4 years to get to where they are now and the plvled noobs get everything handed to them on a silver platter like they didnt have to work for it, but rather someone just gave it to em."

Times have changed, leveling is easier. Get over it. You're going to punish everyone because you're too stuck over yourself working hard? That's just selfish. A lot of the 100+ toons that have played for over 4 years worked hard, and the plvled noobs are characters they plvled themselves. So essentially, they worked hard to level themselves, not others.

"the only reason why those that have done all their quests and when they want to join in FF runs players reject them cause they have never been shown how FF is suppose to work and if you think that discourages them, think again. what really discourages them is when they have to stoop to your average plvled noob just so they can get onto the good stuff. its not cause they get discouraged from taking part in FF but rather those that arent willing to show them the ropes in which how an FF run is suppose to run. an ff run that runs smoothly and considers each of their members strengths and weaknesses."

I don't get what you mean by having to stoop down to a noob to get the good stuff? But I essentially was saying all the rest, guess I didn't make it clear enough.

"id say its a very good reason to make hypers lvl restricted cause it makes those that are beginners to not fully understand how the game is suppose to work and with the rise of powerlvling in FC, it has made more fail noobs than i could probably count."

First of all, beginners to a game don't have enough money to powerlevel. And if they do, there's very little compared to the current playerbase. Hence, your statement is invalid. Beginners to a particular class however are aware of the gameplay, just not the class at a particular instant.

"lvl restricting hypers would promote lower levels to do quests, bhs and other things besides being stuck in 1 instance day after day after day. it would make a big or huge impact if this was to be added. plus you dont always need a high lvl to breeze through an instance for their low lvl toons, it would encourage squad play to where you start seeing your average same lvl range squads doing a bh run that is worth conquering."

Yes, there would be a rise in quests, bhs, etc at lower levels. I never denied this. But since the majority of the player base is filled with high levels, or low leveled characters with high leveled mains, they would just do BH's themselves without needing the help of other individuals. I'm not saying this will NOT happen, just that there won't be a drastic change since it can just be done solo and faster.

"there is more ways to making profit than selling heads or ff runs. doing tt runs for mats regardless of how much of a drop rate is at this time is alot more challenging and worth the effort than running the same old instance of killing the same ole bosses again and again. if you want to make a profit, go and do what the rest of us did before all this chaos and nonsense came out. DO SOME ZHENING even if it means doing it on 2x drops the dq drops above lvl 80 have not been affected by this dq nerf so whats stopping you from making real profit by selling the drops you make. ppl will also quit when they arent being challenged enough either. if you want something like ff, then how bout porting down to raging tide and spend all day there doing public quest. "

Yes, doing FF runs repetitively would be terrible and I could never do it. But others can. Look at world chat, there is rarely ever a person not doing an FF plvl run. Doing TT runs can be just as repetitive, with lower chance rates. TT is fun and challenging at higher levels, but sometimes I'd rather do something that wouldn't tick my charm and have a higher profit rate. And hahahaha zhenning... You honestly think that's anywhere near profitable compared to today's market? Just because it worked in the past doesn't mean it will work in the future. You must adapt to your current circumstances, and that just doesn't cut it. Plus, how is zhenning challenging? How is this not repetitive? You're contradicting yourself with these statements.
    also, what they were saying "its a profit to a large protion of the player base" isnt true at all..its a profit to all the sins...-.- and the few bms and barbs that solo fc...its not a profit to the playerbase..its a profit to an OP class...people need T mats to get their G16, so either farm lunar and tt to sell mats or i guess they are SOL...thats how I got coins and still get coins.

Let us not forget how much of a profit AEU can be...free apo, and you get skills you can sell for coins..I sold a book for 20-25mil a few weeks back...so yea, there are WAY better ways to make coins...

Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have worded in that sense. I meant it more in a way in that it makes up a huge profit for people who run them. Of course, a lot of people in the playerbase have alts that are bms/sins/barbs to make their mains money. They're not an OP class, they're just an aps/aoe/str class that makes plvling faster. But you are right that a lot of classes don't rely on plvling others for profit.

AEU is luck and there isn't a 100% chance that you'll get them. FF you'll know you'll get your money, or you can just kick.
  • SilvaZodiac - Heavens Tear
    SilvaZodiac - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    We have a conundrum here. I think that the game as a whole is running out of ways for endgame players to make money, and don't say that making money as a noob is an answer, being stronger is always better for farming assuming you know the best possible method. The way instances are being killed, first by NW in Nirvy's case, and then FF by this little "mistake" (if it is truly a mistake, I remain frankly sceptical), I would say that there is a lot of potential profit for PWI in making it harder to farm coin. In theory, more people will be more likely to turn to cash shopping in a desire to keep up with the people who do exactly that.

With all of that said, we cannot assume that this is simply a cash grab. There are some benefits to halting the flow of plvlled noobs who reach 100 on the back of cash or friendship and do not know the basics of how to play. However, I would have to suggest that slowing these people down will not stop them from reaching 100 with the game as things are. This is not a post in support of making it harder to lvl per se, but I believe that you cannot actually stop stupid people from making it to 100. You can only slow them down, unless you want to make it possible to decrease your ingame level.

You cannot fix the stupidity of many players. You can make the arrogant players who plvl themselves without regard to their skill slow down, but I think that the majority of this problem is people who are too young to work in a team properly or too immature or too unintelligent to learn their class. Putting a lvl restriction on FF will NOT solve this permanently. It will be a short term fix only.

However, a level restriction is also an example of fairness. Assuming it goes for the earlier level when you first get quests that point you to FF. I as a guild leader in a family style helping faction do not want to be telling everyone who hits X level that they can't do their quests for 10 levels because they can't enter it yet. I suggest that the powers that be at least mod the quests to be higher if you're going to make it a higher restriction.

I support the level restriction (if 75+ especially, because that's when the instance is a challenge but still doable) as a fair restriction. I hold no illusions that it will fix squads that happen to end up full of poor players. Poor play is something that never disappears from ANY game. Especially one in which you can level while AFK.
    people want a new way to get good xp from 101-105? XD should make a pvp instance where everyone you kill gives tons of xp/sp

of course there would have to be lvl brackets for like every 10 lvls and the xp/sp given would be based on your lvl and the lvlof the person/people you kill XD

sounds fun and help people learn how to use the class they chose >:D

While in principle I like the sound of this idea, I feel it is too open to abuse by people multiclienting and farming their own toons. Other PvP events have this problem already - an instance that is on all the time cannot be watched by GMs without better support than we currently get. Just being realistic.
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    so, ur only way to farm coins is on fc? ur gear must be like r8+tt99+1st to third cast vana dags, so, u r a free kill on pk for the most of pkers
    Well that was just a stupid assumption. I have r9 with aps gear and r9 armor all to +7, which was all gained through farming ff and NW. Dang you are dumb if you think people with good gear dont farm it. I know r9s3 jaded BM who still farms ff. So don't make stupid assumptions. People of all gear levels use ff to make coin and it would be a travesty to ruin that market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gridwalker
    gridwalker Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No to level restriction or closing FF. Just fix the problem and enable hypers in there again.

Other people power leveling their toons is none of my business. If they want to play the game that way then that is their choice. I'm not about to dictate to others how they are supposed to play this game. If I eventually squad with them for an instance and we fail because they don't know how to play their toon, I have a simple solution to that -don't squad with them again. Period.

I leveled my first two toons by doing quests and grinding on mobs, but that's me, I love grinding and doing quests but it might not be the same for others. I already know 2 players who have left the game out of sheer frustration at not being able to play at end game level as fast as they can. Furthermore, I don't really believe that more people will start doing quests again like in the so called "old days" if you decide to either close FC or level restrict it. This is just my so-called two cents, take it or leave it.

On a side note, world chat looks dead now without those numerous FC squads being formed.
  • Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear
    Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    restricted to 85+ so now when u hit 80 you have to get another 5 levels? Ugh..and what about your alts? This seems really stupid. Some people an only play for an hour or so a day so it would take longer then a month to get 85.

Plus the instance is a great way to make money for sins/bm's and even other classes selling heads...just gonna throw that away..really makes me NOT want to lvl my sin now because i made him for that reason and to lvl alts.
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
  • EbonyKitsune - Heavens Tear
    EbonyKitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    personally when it comes to abusing ff for exp i say let them... it's not like they're gaining any real coin from the run. besides, most runs cost 450k so they have to had the coin somewhere and i have fun squishing the undergeared underskilled hyper babies in nation wars.

when you're a full time college student, you don't have the time to play the game like some live with parent basement gamers (no offense). i originally left for about a year because there wasn't a quick enough way to level around 60 and trying to solo things was just boring. (with people requiring certain gear, you need to get leveled to actually run in some of those bh runs and it killed the excitement of trying to level)

personally i don't really go to ff/fc to plvl until i have a grasp of the character class and have a build set in mind so i don't have to worry about stat distribution. besides best time to learn not to use hf when archer has the same ability is in the middle of a boss fight right? lol, jk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BM: pwcalc.com/51cc5fb4332f4158
  • Umaulee - Raging Tide
    Umaulee - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No.

**** over anyone who wants to level now isn't gonna fix the problem.

I agree.
  • Ciruchi - Heavens Tear
    Ciruchi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I say go for 70/75+ or so every time one of my characters gets around that lvl I run out quests. I end up running about 1 ff per lvl beyond 70 just to push past that large nerfed exp point. It doesn't make sense it is easier for me to go from 70-75 takes longer than 80-85 or 90-95. Now you can barely find squads under 70 to run bh's or even just questing because everyone just hypers past all their lowbie squad runs and for the people who don't bother to hyper it's pretty boring. Soloing everything is boring and repetitive.
  • nejiila#6844
    nejiila#6844 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    well all talk abt plvled noobs n all bt in a sq there r 6ppl even if there is 1 plvl person who is new to things shouldnt be much of a prob unless the rest of the sq sucks to n blame it to the new guy lol b:laugh
  • Rekabu - Archosaur
    Rekabu - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:avoid
  • Raviron - Heavens Tear
    Raviron - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Level restriction 85+
    no more PLVL noobs please
    "Factum fieri infectum non potest."
    "The past can not be changed."
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Lvl 85+ or 75+ there are quests you get in there around that level
  • Cute_lil_sin - Archosaur
    Cute_lil_sin - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    even if they put a lvl cap on fc, there still zhen so either way you will have the power lvling people u complain about? b:chuckle
  • MistressAni - Raging Tide
    MistressAni - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Don't disable the hypers just make it level restricted so that only players level 75+ can enter at least this way Phoenix Valley lv30-74 is in use But that's just 1 daily run and will take them some time to power level off it..

There are also still Oracles, Vortex Runs and Hyper grinding to power level (hopefully the cost will deter them from doing so) from but at least these will still take them sure of a hell longer than running hypered under leveled FC runs.

But remember the object is to stop the FC breed power level babies not kill another instance off completely like Nirvana.

I also like the idea of zhening parties coming back at least some wizards and archers could get a little more use.
  • Rekabu - Archosaur
    Rekabu - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    if u stop fc they will strt plvling in pq lol b:laugh so doesnt matter b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.