Cleric: PK Videos

Aeliah - Dreamweaver
Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Cleric
CLERIC PVP VIDEOS

Introduction:

Hello all.

I've finally got the gist of how to (a) record quality videos, and (b) how to edit them in a crude sort of manner. That means, you guys get to see, finally, some videos of how a cleric can truly dominate in pk!

This thread will be where I post all of my pk videos, with blurbs of info as to the conditions under which the fights took place. If you have any questions, comments, I will attempt to answer them here. If you have any cleric pk videos of your own, link them here along with a brief description of the video, and I can make a section in this thread for your videos as well.

Featured Videos:

I'll have some videos here (subject to change) that are my current favorite/new things to watch!

NEW! Cleric vs. 2 archers, October 11, 2013
In this video, I went up against 2 archers in a 1vs2. The demon archer had +11-12 r9rr with some jades, some NW upgrades, and a genie with absolute domain, tree of protection, and will surge. The sage archer had +10 g16 armor with some deities/dods/+10 vit, +12 warsoul reforged bow, a r8r spirit blackhole bow for purge, and a genie with belief, heart of steel, and will surge. As you might expect, this was quite challenging!

NEW! Cleric vs. Blademaster + Barbarian, September 6, 2013
In this slightly older video, I went up against a blademaster and a barbarian in another 1vs2 fight. The barbarian had +11 r9rr weapon, spirit blackhole pole, +7ish armor, and a full strength tangling mire/occult/solid shield/heart of steel genie. The blademaster had +10 r9rr weapon and armor, spirit blackhole pole, and another strength build occult ice/tangling mire genie! Very tough odds... you can see how these fights went down by clicking the link above ;o

List of Clerics with Videos:

Aeliah
Aeliah's Youtube Channel
Dreamweaver

Eoria
Eoria's Youtube Channel
Harshlands

AriesBreath
AriesBreath Youtube Channel
Raging Tides

Mrs_Mav
Mrs_Mav Youtube Channel
Raging Tides

Kevyy
Kevyy Youtube Channel
Harshlands

Arawin
PerfectArawin Youtube Channel
Raging Tides

Kanmi
Kanmi's Youtube Channel

NEW! Dyeena
Dyeena's Youtube Channel
Morai

Aeliah

Lvl 105 Cleric
Dreamweaver

Aeliah's Youtube Channel
If you like what you see, subscribe!

NEW: I decided to scrap the descriptive portion of each link. It makes it too difficult to read my links quickly. I have now grouped the links into PVP, NW, or TW. If you want descriptions, just go to the youtube link! Each video has a description there.

~
PVP VIDEOS:

NEW! Cleric vs. 2 archers, October 11, 2013
NEW! Cleric vs. Cleric + Mystic, October 2, 2013
NEW! Cleric/Archer/Assassin/Mystic mashup, October 1, 2013
NEW! Cleric vs. Archer + Mystic, October 1, 2013
NEW! Cleric vs. Psychic, September 17, 2013
NEW! Cleric vs. Psychic, September 17, 2013
NEW! Cleric vs. Blademaster + Barbarian, September 6, 2013
NEW! Cleric vs. Archer v3, September 1, 2013
NEW! Cleric vs. Archer + Barbarian, August 12, 2013
Cleric vs. Archer v2, August 6, 2013
Cleric vs. Psychic + Barbarian, July 15, 2013
Cleric vs. 2 psychics, July 15, 2013
Cleric vs. Psychic, June 12, 2013
Cleric vs. Wizard, June 9, 2013
Cleric vs. Seeker, June 9, 2013
Cleric vs. Archer, May 30, 2013
Cleric vs. NPC Guard, February 7, 2013
Cleric vs. Archer + Wizard, January 30, 2013
Cleric vs. 2 Blademasters, January 29, 2013
Cleric + Blademaster vs. Archer + Venomancer, January 20, 2013
Cleric vs. Assassin + Blademaster, January 18, 2013

NW VIDEOS:

NEW! Cleric NW, August 30, 2013
NEW! Cleric NW, August 25, 2013
NEW! Cleric NW, August 9, 2013
Cleric NW, July 21, 2013
Cleric NW, May 31, 2013
Cleric NW, March 1, 2013
Cleric NW, February 24, 2013
Cleric NW, February 15, 2013

TW VIDEOS:

Cleric TW COMMENTARY, July 27, 2013
Cleric TW, Dynasty vs. Tempest + Vex, July 23, 2013
Cleric TW, Dynasty vs. Tempest, July 13, 2013
Cleric TW, June 29, 2013
Cleric TW, June 24, 2013
Cleric TW, June 20, 2013
Cleric TW, June 1, 2013
Cleric TW, May 25, 2013
Cleric TW, February 9, 2013

OTHER:

NEW! Dynasty Faction Tournament, September 1, 2013
YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
Post edited by Aeliah - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BelialAllegory/videos

Mine though I haven't uploaded anything lately. Mostly because people forget to remind me to record.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Decus approves of the music in this video. b:pleased

Also great to have some decent clerical PvP given the only other videos submitted were from that idiot on RT.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the only other videos submitted were from that idiot on RT.

Hey! Sanctuary has idiots posting cleric pk vids, too!
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Posted link to my latest video, featuring myself and a blademaster in a series of 2 vs 2 fights against an archer and a venomancer. See top post or click below.

clicky
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the videos!

You play alot differently to me actually- but I am more support orientated and not as well geared! =o

Maybe i'll record a video if I get into any good pvp (unlikely)- but there's a reason why there are so few cleric pvp video's. The class is fun to play but its pretty much always dull to watch! b:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    nice seeing some good pvp vids ^-^ i miss pvping >.< would call doom upon myself if id even dare entering pk with this every 10sec- computer lag b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Right on, I'd like to see that Ahira. Now, in TW of course I'm close to 100% support, these pk videos don't represent what I'm doing in there quite as much. (Though an excess of clerics means I can actually do some pretty useful stuff taking down their top dds with my healing debuffs; with gear getting as good as it is, a healing debuff is often able to do more 'dmg' to the best geared people, than actual attacks are, and a healing debuff doesn't activate an arcane person's purify weapon [thus the person dies in fewer hits and is less likely to get purified].)

Latest video: In this clip I fight against two r9 bms (one has a 3rd cast wep but bit less hp, the other had mostly +12 refines but regular r9; both are mostly full jades) in a 2vs1 battle! Enjoy.

clicky
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Mahler 6 \o/

This thread keeps making me so happy.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Another video for you guys.

clicky

In this fight, I go up against a r9 archer and a r9rr wizard in a 2vs1 fight. Was an exciting battle with many close calls for all! Enjoy.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mahler 6 \o/

This thread keeps making me so happy.
    Oh yeah! And the best thing: The videos won't get blocked in Germany b:thanks

Thanks for these videos! I wonder how your play style would be without purify on your weapon :P
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh yeah! And the best thing: The videos won't get blocked in Germany b:thanks

Thanks for these videos! I wonder how your play style would be without purify on your weapon :P

Srsly what's up with Germany? They block like half my vids
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    How would my play style be without purify? I wonder... I've had r8r with purify for close to half a year now, so there's no much point in wondering about how my playstyle would be without purify weapon lol. It IS my playstyle.

Before morai updates and purify weapons, clerics were underpowered. They are strong now, but a lot of people don't know it yet. I'll never hit as hard as, say, a wizard, or a psy. Even a mystic can do a bit more dps and dph than a cleric. But with my healing debuffs, I don't have to do as much damage either. In fact I only have to do a fraction of the damage another class would. Its always highly amusing when I fight somebody whose soulforce is low enough that my healing debuffs stack for over their max hp, which completely negates their charm. For a non-healing class, only good way to clear that debuff is tree of protection, or a big charm tick. With people of my soulforce, my healing debuff is stacking to about 8k. On, say, an arcane class thats usually about half their hp. If an arcane has 16k hp, and an 8k healing debuff, I hit them with mark of weakness, and their charm ticks, and they are still at half hp. Then I hope for a crit or two, or a seal on elven boon.

Regarding the ability to shut down my damage with Heart of Steel; this is usually only effective on heavy armor classes when used against me. On light armor and arcane people, if I predict that they'll use it, I'll debuff physical and shoot plume shots instead. (Currently working on a better tangling mire genie.) Heavy armor class using it against me can be annoying, but I can usually manage to trick them or force them into using it before I launch my real offensive. Example, if you know a person has Heart of Steel and is likely to use it, I like to sleep, do an elemental debuff, extreme poison, and start channeling a tempest. Tempest is good because it has a slower channeling, and so you can cancel it in time. Cancel it with esc key and check to see if they used genie. If they do, +1 for you, build up some chi, debuff them some more, then launch your real offensive, probably involving wield thunder and elven boon mixed with silent seal.

I'm trying to train myself to remember how a class usually responds first after being attacked out of sleep that isn't an immediate death. Bms and seekers and wizards will all try sealing you, I've discovered. If you predict that your opponent will seal you instead of immediately fleeing, you can definitely use that to your advantage with a pre-emptive will surge! Assassins and archers will often stealth, so use the stealth apoth right before you do your actual attack. Psychics will try to stun you. Mystics first response is heal; hope for crits fighting a mystic, they are never easy for a cleric to kill. A cleric will try to seal of gods or sleep you if they tend to respond offensively, and a defensive player will try healing. Clerics aren't easy for clerics to kill either, lol. Best chance is to hit them from sleep with a physical attack, when their plume shell is sure to be off. Debuff both physical and magical; hit them first with a physical skill like razor feathers, and watch them plume shell; you follow up with entirely magic skills after the razor, like elven boon (hope for a seal), cyclone, then wield thunder. Oh, yes, venomancers are tricky too. They'll probably pop their 79 immune to dmg if they feel immediately threatened. Venos are hard to kill too.

/ramble lol
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't have any PK videos per se, but I do have a couple of (old) TW videos, if anyone would be interested.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC23EC1E8407EB2D2

Noobish, but whatever. They were fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Heya Aries ;o

I don't mind adding your vids to the list, though you should consider making new ones too!

If you want them to have more views, you should make sure they have PWI or Perfect World in the title of the video. As well, make sure they have an abundance of relevant tags, so people randomly searching will pick up on them more often.

Cheers,

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Srsly what's up with Germany? They block like half my vids
    Their performance rights organization demands too much money for Youtube to go along with, so Youtube blocks most videos with popular music provisionally...
    How would my play style be without purify? I wonder... I've had r8r with purify for close to half a year now, so there's no much point in wondering about how my playstyle would be without purify weapon lol. It IS my playstyle.
    It would've just been interesting to see a near-endgame geared Cleric not using a puri weap, so the learning effect would be a little higher b:chuckle

Thank you for your "ramble", it made up my mind in some points. And I agree with you on the healing debuff being incredibly useful.

• Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It would've just been interesting to see a near-endgame geared Cleric not using a puri weap, so the learning effect would be a little higher b:chuckle

not sure if it's practical. imagine an archer w/o purge taking out a AA with 13k+ pdef or meleers w/o GoF
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    not sure if it's practical. imagine an archer w/o purge taking out a AA with 13k+ pdef or meleers w/o GoF

You are precisely correct. Its a good analogy.

Without purges I can tank an archer triple sparking on me. Ironheart and sage vanguard spirit are enough, yes, I have tested this. Not only can I tank an archer's triple spark, I can tank a r9 +12 assassin's triple spark too (not recommended but possible, maybe I'll make a short video of this at some point). The REASON I can't do this sort of healing against archers is because, at any moment, I'll lose my buffs which means my entire ih stack instantly vanishes.

Clerics do not have any anti-stun skill. That means without a purify weapon, you are at the absolute mercy of blademasters and assassins, and psychics, and skilled mystics, all of whom can pull off some wickedly long lasting stun locks. I don't need to describe these combos, if you are a pker you've experienced them first hand. As the only class with neither anti-stun skill or stun skill, clerics would be at the mercy of many other classes. For all my jades and defense, if a 3rd cast archer purges me, I'm taking 8k crits... and the archer is critting half the time. Back to back to back crits are not rare at all. For all my hp and heals, a triple sparked assassin stunning me and getting off 50 hits in 10 seconds WILL kill me. Even a barb with double my hp and defense will have trouble simply absorbing so much dps.

We all need our special weapon effects to have a chance. In my case, my weapon proc gives me the chance to survive. In the archers case, he needs his weapon proc in order to kill. For seekers, blademasters, barbarians, and dph assassins, they need their weapon procs in order to kill as well (equally geared ofc).

Cheers,

Aeliah

Edited to fix some info.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    As the ONLY CLASS without ANY ANTI-STUN, clerics would be in a really tough spot in endgame pk without purify.

Don't recall psys or wizzies having any form of antistun.
    Although you might consider soul of ret and arcane defense some form of antistun, they definitively are not.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    I see your points. To survive against stuns I have used Badge of Courage + Holy Path, which is basically the same as a purify spell, but more limited (because of cooldown, genie energy, only working for stuns). The only better weapon than nirv g16 I can imagine to ever get is the second cast Warsoul one I was hinting at with my post before. It does have great attributes, but lacks the purify effect. So I was wondering if it is really practical. Obviously not as practical as r9r2, but maybe worthwhile still. I think I have to experience the purify spell myself to see its superiority.

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Don't recall psys or wizzies having any form of antistun.
    Although you might consider soul of ret and arcane defense some form of antistun, they definitively are not.

They do act as anti-stuns though in a sense, though not all stuns. They still do lead to stun avoidances that a cleric can't replicate, genie skills aside. Hmm.. yeah I was mistaken though, in terms of formal anti-stun skills, I guess those classes slipped my mind lol. Mystics have their pet skill for anti stun, venos have multiple anti-stuns (depends on cultivation), all of the physical damage dealing classes have one or several anti-stuns of course. Technically not an anti-stun, but an anti-damage; psychics have that skill which freezes an ally in place, they look like a light blue crystal when used. I think you get stunned using that skill even if anti-stun is in...

Stuns seem to matter less wizards and psychics pre-purify weapons. A wizard badge of courage and ports away, and also has arcane defense against melee damagers. A psy can badge and put in immune to physical dmg skill, while maintaining their soul of silence against both physical and magic. A cleric can badge and then... plume shell I guess. And tank the damage coming whatever sort it may be. Pretty much the reason why clerics in general were never able to pk effectively on their own until purify weapons came along. (I say effectively, cuz people have tried of course, but clearly other classes were superior in the solo pk area.)

Arguably purify weapons are the most advantageous to clerics because of these reasons.

More videos to come as I get footage. Cheers,

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Mrs_Mav - Raging Tide
    Mrs_Mav - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why was I not invited to this party!?! The greatest PvP cleric of all time!

www.Youtube.com/TheMrsMav

When interserver PvP is released I'll accept any and all challenges :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't hate the player. Hate the fact you can't afford to be as good as my mom can make me.

youtube.com/TheMrsMav
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Why was I not invited to this party!?! The greatest PvP cleric of all time!

www.Youtube.com/TheMrsMav

When interserver PvP is released I'll accept any and all challenges :)

Mm aeliah's playstyle is less sloppy
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Why was I not invited to this party!?!

See here:
    Also great to have some decent clerical PvP given the only other videos submitted were from that idiot on RT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    *Cough* not gonna play the 'whose-ego-is-biggest' game. I'll add your youtube channel to the list Mav! I for one know that I still have much to learn, and many ways I could make small changes that, taken as a whole, would significantly increase my gameplay.

Just in case anybody is interested, ways I've identified include:

-gaming mouse with macros
    -new keyboard with f1-f9 keys that I can reach more easily
    -studying other classes 'first-responses' more in-depth, to predict what they will do when: a fight has first started; when they have been slept; when they have just been hit after having been slept. An enemy whose actions I predict is an enemy who doesn't have a very good chance of surviving
    -more and more practice to identify when I should use apoths and genie even when I'm not about to die, to round out both my attack and defense to their best potential
    -and, naturally, improving my gear

Anytime I make a change, at first it seems like I do worse. Recently I made a 93/100 genie with absolute domain and belief on it, and at first I was dying when I shouldn't have been; I couldn't decide whether I should be pressing ad or belief! But one thing you'll find fighting me is, I start losing less and less, and eventually I stop losing at all, barring hideous misclick, lag spike, what have you. I learn really fast.

For example, when I die, I stop what I'm doing and think through the sequence of actions I undertook which led to the loss, and I think about ways I could have reacted differently. The next time I encounter those conditions, I try some of the (hopefully superior) tactics I thought about ahead of time, and see how they fare. Eventually I come up with a laundry list of various strategies that give the highest chance of 'best outcomes' in various scenarios. Pking is so much more than reacting to the enemy; when two very skilled players face off against each other, it is more about predicting the enemy's actions so that you use your planned attacks when they have the highest chance at succeeding.

Oh, here's a good example! Fighting an archer I've fought a hundred times, I try and predict when he'll anti-stun, and when he'll use will surge. His goal is to get me to use my control skills when he can successfully block them; my goal is to use my control skills when his blocking skills are not on. Should I successfully get a Seal of the Gods off on the archer, I've taken one step closer to winning. Next comes debuffing and maintaining a control lock. Predict if the archer will use belief or not, or will try heart of steel? If you think he'll try heart of steel, debuff physical defense and use Magical shackles. Ok, so now you have him debuffed and at half hp with an 8k hp healing debuff stacked. What will archer do as soon as you hit hit? Stealth? Anti-stun? Account for both, and hit the detection apoth before your attack hits. Elven boon and hope that the 35% chance of a seal works. Wait, is he going to pull an 11th hour Heart of Steel? Keep an eye on his buffs, and switch to plume shots as soon as, no, BEFORE you see Heart of Steel, predict that he may use it and just do pure physical damage. Wait, he got away despite all that? Get out of Ultraviolet mode, regain chi, try again, avoid getting stunned outside of plume shell at all costs! And the list goes on and on and on. Its a mind battle! I love it. There is always room for improvement, there is no perfect strategy, you have to weigh your odds and choose the strategy with the best CHANCE of outcome, while keeping track of your hp, mp, chi, buffs, genie cooldown, apoth cooldown, and your surroundings (don't sleep archer near a mob thats gonna wake him up >,<;)

/ramble

Cheers,

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They do act as anti-stuns though in a sense, though not all stuns. They still do lead to stun avoidances that a cleric can't replicate, genie skills aside. Hmm.. yeah I was mistaken though, in terms of formal anti-stun skills, I guess those classes slipped my mind lol. Mystics have their pet skill for anti stun, venos have multiple anti-stuns (depends on cultivation), all of the physical damage dealing classes have one or several anti-stuns of course. Technically not an anti-stun, but an anti-damage; psychics have that skill which freezes an ally in place, they look like a light blue crystal when used. I think you get stunned using that skill even if anti-stun is in...

Stuns seem to matter less wizards and psychics pre-purify weapons. A wizard badge of courage and ports away, and also has arcane defense against melee damagers. A psy can badge and put in immune to physical dmg skill, while maintaining their soul of silence against both physical and magic. A cleric can badge and then... plume shell I guess. And tank the damage coming whatever sort it may be. Pretty much the reason why clerics in general were never able to pk effectively on their own until purify weapons came along. (I say effectively, cuz people have tried of course, but clearly other classes were superior in the solo pk area.)

Arguably purify weapons are the most advantageous to clerics because of these reasons.

More videos to come as I get footage. Cheers,

Aeliah

lulwut

What are you smoking?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lulwut

What are you smoking?

Clerics are essentially magic sins in 1v1.

That being said, I think puri proc was kinda needed, but it's way too overpowered in it's current state. Removing the speed buff would probably go a long way towards balancing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lulwut

What are you smoking?

Zanryu best pk cleric in Dreamweaver long before r9/puri weapons came out b:shutup
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I should stay in sz I don't has purify weapon. D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Clerics are essentially magic sins in 1v1.

That being said, I think puri proc was kinda needed, but it's way too overpowered in it's current state. Removing the speed buff would probably go a long way towards balancing it.

Purify Spell was far from needed. End game every Arcane had PLENTY of survivability when it came to fighting melee classes relying on high APS. Badge, Fortify, Faith (for the goon glitchers), Domain, Expel. Along with various defensive skills among each class, even sins would require skill to land kills against them. All Purify Spell should do is remove stun and freeze, it should do nothing aside from that. No speed boost, no anti stun, no purify.

Which is coming from someone that's actually had experience from both ends of the field, arcane and melee. On both real and private servers (though my stays on private servers were... short at best, mostly for testing combos and genie builds before going through with using them.)
    Zanryu best pk cleric in Dreamweaver long before r9/puri weapons came out b:shutup

I don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic, but thank you kind sir. I do very much appreciate compliments from my fellow Clerics. If you mean it sarcastically then please do know that it has not bothered me, and that I shall continue to carry out my existence day to day with no more than 0% butthurt. Have a good day, fellow Cleric, may the spirits treat you kindly. b:cute
This discussion has been closed.