bots 4, players 1

Options

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    There used to be a video showing the bot problem on PW-CN, but I can't seem to find it atm.
    Found this vid while looking for it.

I think I remember the video you're talking about, then one with an army of pink haired Venos? I was planning on recording in another game, one that's got far more bots than PWI. Over 1/4th the players are actually bots.
  • haywiz
    haywiz Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I think I remember the video you're talking about, then one with an army of pink haired Venos? I was planning on recording in another game, one that's got far more bots than PWI. Over 1/4th the players are actually bots.

Thats why the title of this post is Bots 4, Players 1.

It is a problem that should be nipped in the bud before it gets worse.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    haywiz wrote: »
    Thats why the title of this post is Bots 4, Players 1.

It is a problem that should be nipped in the bud before it gets worse.

Not really an insane amount of bots in game at the moment, but knowing PWE they won't nip it in the bud. They don't even bother with half-decent anti bot measures.
  • haywiz
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Not really an insane amount of bots in game at the moment, but knowing PWE they won't nip it in the bud. They don't even bother with half-decent anti bot measures.

When is the last time you tried farming your herbs for apo?
    Its extremely difficult cuz of the amount of botters, and they only dig Devilwood
    and Scented Fungus then move on to next batch and get them, unless the other
    bots have beat them to it, then they continue on to next batch.

I been a true farmer for many years, and I can say since NW started, the bots are at
    at truely insane amount, AND the people who bot, dont even care if they are reported.
    This bot died in heaven, so i wc'd the bots name name and said would the owner of xxxxxxxxxx pls report to heaven your bot is dead. They pm'd me (ss'd ofc) and said I was not the first noob to report them for botting, wont be the last, and they would still be here daily.

To see this bot and that bot trying to dig the same herb as the other bot, it gets funny.
    They all just stand at same spot, once herb gone, they all run away together to next patch, real players dont stand a chance.

The GM button should actually work, not just be their for show.
  • beizu
    beizu Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hahahahaha. Not sure why I was quoted earlier when I agree that something needs to be done, and doing nothing about it (same goes for any violation as mentioned in my post) is a terrible attitude for a business to have. Oh well. b:chuckle
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    what is bot?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    When is the last time you tried farming your herbs for apo?
    Its extremely difficult cuz of the amount of botters, and they only dig Devilwood
    and Scented Fungus then move on to next batch and get them, unless the other
    bots have beat them to it, then they continue on to next batch.

I been a true farmer for many years, and I can say since NW started, the bots are at
    at truely insane amount, AND the people who bot, dont even care if they are reported.
    This bot died in heaven, so i wc'd the bots name name and said would the owner of xxxxxxxxxx pls report to heaven your bot is dead. They pm'd me (ss'd ofc) and said I was not the first noob to report them for botting, wont be the last, and they would still be here daily.

To see this bot and that bot trying to dig the same herb as the other bot, it gets funny.
    They all just stand at same spot, once herb gone, they all run away together to next patch, real players dont stand a chance.

The GM button should actually work, not just be their for show.

Once we have bots clouding up every DQ area, every farm route, and bots that can farm TT then you can say we have a lot of bots. The ones currently around are specialized and only do a few key things for money. I doubt there's more than 15% of the total population botting. Of course, even if there are it doesn't change much considering PWE still hasn't put in any anti decent anti-bot measures and it's likely they never will.
  • Bowncr - Dreamweaver
    Bowncr - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Solving the bot problem is quit the game.

I got a better way on this, and it dont envole quitting, not quiet yet at least. GM's dont wanna leason to post's and vote polls, fine. Well then leason to this. I WILL NOT PUT ANOTHER CENT ON THIS GAME UNTIL THESE BOT'S HAVE BEEN REMOVED.
    You want my money then, do something about them. And really if anyone else wants these bot's gone as much as I think u all do, u'll do the same.
    Let's take away the one thing they want us to give them, until they do something.
  • darknessofmy
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I got a better way on this, and it dont envole quitting, not quiet yet at least. GM's dont wanna leason to post's and vote polls, fine. Well then leason to this. I WILL NOT PUT ANOTHER CENT ON THIS GAME UNTIL THESE BOT'S HAVE BEEN REMOVED.
    You want my money then, do something about them. And really if anyone else wants these bot's gone as much as I think u all do, u'll do the same.
    Let's take away the one thing they want us to give them, until they do something.

However, what most people fail to realize, is that the people that play these games are interested in gaining levels fast, and getting the most out of their gaming experience. The most effective way to do this is to access the cash items. If you can do this, you're going to get where you want to be a lot faster, and with much more style, in most cases. Who cares what the price of something is, so long as it satisfies the person purchasing it?
  • Bowncr - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    However, what most people fail to realize, is that the people that play these games are interested in gaining levels fast, and getting the most out of their gaming experience. The most effective way to do this is to access the cash items. If you can do this, you're going to get where you want to be a lot faster, and with much more style, in most cases. Who cares what the price of something is, so long as it satisfies the person purchasing it?

Wow, ur really not getting it. If everyone refuese to give PWI the money they so much want. They will have no choice but to remove bot's to keep the money coming in. So what if they still got a few chas players that are botting atm still giveing them money. It's not ganna be enough for what they want it for. We get more and more to refuse to give PWI the money they want, the more money they will loose out on. It's what they want from us all, the money. Take away what they want the most, they will do anything to keep thier money coming in. I know this.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options

The only problem is nobody is willing to do this on a large enough scale to have any impact at all.
  • Bowncr - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The only problem is nobody is willing to do this on a large enough scale to have any impact at all.

U maybe surprised on what people would do to get what they want done. And plus, if they dont wanna to stop putting money on to remove a bot problem, then all thier post's and that agenst bot's have been nothing but lies. If they really do care about this problem, they do what it takes to resove it.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    U maybe surprised on what people would do to get what they want done. And plus, if they dont wanna to stop putting money on to remove a bot problem, then all thier post's and that agenst bot's have been nothing but lies. If they really do care about this problem, they do what it takes to resove it.

People have complained about bots for years. People have complained about R9 sales for years. People have complained about a great many things for years, yet no action gets taken because the majority of people don't care about the issue enough to band together and force PWE to deliver a solution. This is no different, the people who care about botters are mainly farmers, it doesn't affect a cash shopper's income in the slightest and actually helps them get cheaper pots. The cash shoppers are the ones that would have to stop spending, so if you think people banding together and not paying for stuff will get PWE to do something then good luck, you're really gonna need it for the reasons I just stated.
  • darknessofmy
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wow, ur really not getting it. If everyone refuese to give PWI the money they so much want. They will have no choice but to remove bot's to keep the money coming in. So what if they still got a few chas players that are botting atm still giveing them money. It's not ganna be enough for what they want it for. We get more and more to refuse to give PWI the money they want, the more money they will loose out on. It's what they want from us all, the money. Take away what they want the most, they will do anything to keep thier money coming in. I know this.

The number of people who spend money on in-game purchases is growing. why people pull out their wallets is the importance that is attached to creative freedom. Social games may not be as competitive or adventurous as
  • Bowncr - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    People have complained about bots for years. People have complained about R9 sales for years. People have complained about a great many things for years, yet no action gets taken because the majority of people don't care about the issue enough to band together and force PWE to deliver a solution. This is no different, the people who care about botters are mainly farmers, it doesn't affect a cash shopper's income in the slightest and actually helps them get cheaper pots. The cash shoppers are the ones that would have to stop spending, so if you think people banding together and not paying for stuff will get PWE to do something then good luck, you're really gonna need it for the reasons I just stated.

Why u guys even start this thread on it then? If it wasnt to try and get something done about it. You dont get heard one way, then u try another way.
  • darknessofmy
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Why u guys even start this thread on it then? If it wasnt to try and get something done about it. You dont get heard one way, then u try another way.

You really don't get the point. Why so many people who spend money on game? Bot don't affect the market.
  • Bowncr - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    You really don't get the point. Why so many people who spend money on game? Bot don't affect the market.

That's were ur wrong. Bot's are effecting the market, geuss u havent seen hell/heaven herb prices lately. And u guys think it's not effecting everyone, well it is. Just cuz u dont wanna see it is, or they dont wanna admit that it is, dont mean that it's not. So really, ur not getting the point. And u saying that, is just saying this thread was started so u guys can just QQ about it, well QQing not ganna get u anywere. On DW we've been fighting agenst these bot's, and been seeing less and less of them, so QQ about them, and not take any real acction about, wish ya luck on that, cuz u'll get more and more bots as the time goes on.
    If you guys want them really gone, u need to do something real about them.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2013
    Options

Yeah, I think that might be the one. I just remember like 30 or 40 little veno bots with beetles running around the untamed starter area.

All I can say is, thanks to things like bots, greed killing the economy, and the continually failing community in-game, I am quickly losing my desire to play this game and spend more time with PWI on my private server.

One thing is for sure. I haven't personally spent any money on this game since Rising Tide released, and have no intention of doing so. The Dev's won't bother to fix things that would take less than 5 minutes of coding. (I know because I've done it.) The game is completely mis-managed, and the marketing team is smoking crack.

I'm sure V4liance and others like him do what they can, but for the most part, their hands are tied by Wanmei, and trying to even communicate is like pulling teeth from an elephant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • haywiz
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Almost sounds as if botters are defending themselves for botting.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

What is happening is this: the bot issue disgusts a few people enough to quit;
    the R9 sales disgusts a few people enough to quit; a great many things over the
    years have each disgusted a few people enough to quit. etc., etc. No big, showy
    mass exodus. Just a constant, quiet trickling away of players over the years.
    The only players that remain are the hard-core cs'ers, and a remnant of those
    that still piddle around with the game remembering the good times (like me, lol).

The game as was originally designed no longer exists. It's been changed to a
    formula made to push players to high levels, hope they are competitive and
    affluent, and then sit back & watch them spend. The things that were so
    attractive to new players are virtually gone; therefore, very few new people
    are entering the game. Sure, they might try it, but most will probably grow
    bored by the lack of challenge in the early levels, or discouraged when
    realizing the necessity of spending big $$ to get where they want. So they
    quit.

In essence, what PWI has now is a player base consisting almost solely of
    hard-core, competitive cs'ers. This is the player base they want; this is
    the player base they cater to. But these players will eventually quit as
    well, with no new players coming in to fill their places.

And we all know what will happen then.

I will always be amazed at the short-sightedness of PW concerning this
    game.
  • Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver
    Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    kinda sad that pwi is not banning these bots/players for cheating. I know a few bots that has been turned in,and a week later there back botting. A wizard on dreamweaver botted his way to perfection has +12 gear and weapon and full of JOSD. He has botted and still continues. he says he see me in hell and other faction members farming in heaven/hell but it is funny i never EVER seen this cat in either instance. He sales apo/herb dirt cheap and always has full inventory of them. I myself want put a dime in to this game, tired of being slapped in the face by the gms/pwi staff. i will say that at least 1 mod has kept in touch with me about this issue at hand. the mod has been awesome, kudos to the mod. Val the gm and other gms are a myth like the chupacabra. also like to add customer service is terrible. they need to do something about this bottn problem, dont know why they want cause alot of other games bann PERMANTLY if caught cheating
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2013
    Options
    kinda sad that pwi is not banning these bots/players for cheating. I know a few bots that has been turned in,and a week later there back botting. A wizard on dreamweaver botted his way to perfection has +12 gear and weapon and full of JOSD. He has botted and still continues. he says he see me in hell and other faction members farming in heaven/hell but it is funny i never EVER seen this cat in either instance. He sales apo/herb dirt cheap and always has full inventory of them. I myself want put a dime in to this game, tired of being slapped in the face by the gms/pwi staff. i will say that at least 1 mod has kept in touch with me about this issue at hand. the mod has been awesome, kudos to the mod. Val the gm and other gms are a myth like the chupacabra. also like to add customer service is terrible. they need to do something about this bottn problem, dont know why they want cause alot of other games bann PERMANTLY if caught cheating
    What's really surprising is this....
    1. If botters do get banned, it's merely for a few hours or days. We know this because they are back within a week, botting all over again.

2. This discussion has been going on for over a month and not a single GM has posted anything about it. If I were a GM, and actually cared about my community, I would be looking into it, and would have posted something to that regard ages ago. (And I say this from experience from being not only a GM, but a developer as well.)

3. The only assumption that I can truly come up with is that they are blatantly allowing the botters because it gives them an excuse to remove our methods for obtaining coin in game, (DQ nerfs and Delta reward removal), thus forcing more people to resort to pulling out that plastic and feeding the beast to continue.

4. The alternative is that they plan to drop the game shortly and have no intentions of fixing anything.
    It's really sad though, that a guy with a $200 blade server, can run a more efficient game server with fewer bugs than a multi-million dollar company with a full team of developers. I mean really, if anything is absolutely pathetic, that is.

I say we all spam PM V4liance, genotypist, darthpanda16, Sutr, DefenderofDreams, Do0cracy, and any other GM's you know until we get a firm response from them or the company. Not a "we're looking into it" lame response, but a specific response on what's going to be done to take care of this issue immediately.

Edit: I just sent out my message. I also am going to resurrect this thread and will follow up as much as I can with trying to get a hold of someone that gives a more of a damn about the community than ripping players off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    What's really surprising is this....
    1. If botters do get banned, it's merely for a few hours or days. We know this because they are back within a week, botting all over again.

2. This discussion has been going on for over a month and not a single GM has posted anything about it. If I were a GM, and actually cared about my community, I would be looking into it, and would have posted something to that regard ages ago. (And I say this from experience from being not only a GM, but a developer as well.)

3. The only assumption that I can truly come up with is that they are blatantly allowing the botters because it gives them an excuse to remove our methods for obtaining coin in game, (DQ nerfs and Delta reward removal), thus forcing more people to resort to pulling out that plastic and feeding the beast to continue.

4. The alternative is that they plan to drop the game shortly and have no intentions of fixing anything.
    It's really sad though, that a guy with a $200 blade server, can run a more efficient game server with fewer bugs than a multi-million dollar company with a full team of developers. I mean really, if anything is absolutely pathetic, that is.

I say we all spam PM V4liance, genotypist, darthpanda16, Sutr, DefenderofDreams, Do0cracy, and any other GM's you know until we get a firm response from them or the company. Not a "we're looking into it" lame response, but a specific response on what's going to be done to take care of this issue immediately.

Edit: I just sent out my message. I also am going to resurrect this thread and will follow up as much as I can with trying to get a hold of someone that gives a more of a damn about the community than ripping players off.

qft & fixed #2 for ya -->
    2. This discussion has been going on for years and not a single GM has posted anything about it. If I were a GM, and actually cared about my community, I would be looking into it, and would have posted something to that regard ages ago. (And I say this from experience from being not only a GM, but a developer as well.)
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver
    Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ty thunder, but is'nt bottin breaking ToS like i earlier posted http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms look at Rule #10-k . bots are breaking the rules, kinda hypocritical they permantly bann someone for innapropiate language but not for cheating. ty for the link it will be useful thunder
  • Yukiou - Heavens Tear
    Yukiou - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    all dq mats price to 1, dq points could exchange bound item only, event gold refine bound item only, then probably botting will end.

block the main profits of botters, they will found it worthless/useless, then stop.
    Meow~
  • Yukiou - Heavens Tear
    Yukiou - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    i saw some1 sell 4000+ Do-All cards in cof within 2 days, that's at least 2m dq points, botters were not only earning money on selling dq mats, but also on dq point rewards.

i think bound dq point rewards are pretty fair to everyone.

GMs just need to altered the dq mats/points system.
    Meow~
  • haywiz
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I for one was happy to see this thread started.

This is a ticket I submitted a couple days before this thread originated:

Ticket I submitted 1-9-13

Why are botters not banned?
    I report them, they are in the same spots day after day, and nothing happens.
    I have put thousands of my hard earned money AND time into this game,
    while Botters let a program to it for them.
    Some Botters have R9 3rd reforge on their mains by BOTTING.
    This is not fair. It is not that hard for a GM to log in at the
    "popular" botting spots in heaven/hell/morai and check these
    botters inventory and durability on their gear and see if they
    have an attached botting program. If these people are continued
    to be allowed to BOT then we should all be allowed.
    I just would like to know why Botting is not taken seriously,
    cuz PWI is about to lose a real cash shop player because
    of all the botters, especially during 2 times.

Response 1-10-13

Botting is taken seriously, and those found doing so are met with the appropriate consequences.
    However we do not have the manpower to police the servers every day,
    and so must graciously rely on the players to report in.
    If you would like to report certain players you suspect of botting
    please list their character and server names in your reply.
  • darknessofmy
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Why do the bots bother you? Just because someone chooses to play a different way you're going to let it upset you? Seriously people need to stop caring how others play the game and just be happy with how you play it.
    People argue that how others play the game (Or lack thereof) doesn't affect you. So why worry about botters and how they choose to get their levels? Just because they choose to get levels "unfairly", well, that's THEIR choice, they risk being banned and you can choose to ignore it and not let it bother you.
  • haywiz
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Why do the bots bother you? Just because someone chooses to play a different way you're going to let it upset you? Seriously people need to stop caring how others play the game and just be happy with how you play it.
    People argue that how others play the game (Or lack thereof) doesn't affect you. So why worry about botters and how they choose to get their levels? Just because they choose to get levels "unfairly", well, that's THEIR choice, they risk being banned and you can choose to ignore it and not let it bother you.

Seriously?

Lets all go out and rob banks and get rich too while we are at it, cuz it may be unfair, and illegal, but is my choice rather than to get a job.............thats the equilivant of what your suggesting. Grow up.
  • darknessofmy
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Seriously?

Lets all go out and rob banks and get rich too while we are at it, cuz it may be unfair, and illegal, but is my choice rather than to get a job.............thats the equilivant of what your suggesting. Grow up.

You can, and SHOULD ignore how other players play the game, because it's not your business or your problem. Just report them if you want and move on.