bots 4, players 1

mogwai
mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Yea, that's about right.
Currently on arch server there are 4 bots to 1 player that grind mobs. (high lv).
They are getting in the way of normal gameplay.

Please don't ask me to submit a ticket etc, that method is obviously useless. It seems for that every bot i report, another soon joins it nearby or in the same place.
If your really "GM's" then you know where & when they are. What's better is that after paying attention if i know what bot belongs to who, then i guarantee the GM's do as well.

What's really pleasing is when you meet one in TW or NW after you have reported it several times...over time. It dosen't matter if they are skilled players or not, they are still meatbags that you need to waste time on.

I could easily waste 1 day per server hunting them down, taking video or screenie, & submitting a ticket. All the while they continue to grieve other players by selling extremely low cost materials, getting free DQ points, interrupting normal gameplay & possibly making real life money as well.

Oh, yea, could someone please ask how i know they are bots, i really enjoy that question.
mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mogwai on

Comments

• Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mogwai wrote: »
    Yea, that's about right.
    Currently on arch server there are 4 bots to 1 player that grind mobs. (high lv).
    They are getting in the way of normal gameplay.

Please don't ask me to submit a ticket etc, that method is obviously useless. It seems for that every bot i report, another soon joins it nearby or in the same place.
    If your really "GM's" then you know where & when they are. What's better is that after paying attention if i know what bot belongs to who, then i guarantee the GM's do as well.

What's really pleasing is when you meet one in TW or NW after you have reported it several times...over time. It dosen't matter if they are skilled players or not, they are still meatbags that you need to waste time on.

I could easily waste 1 day per server hunting them down, taking video or screenie, & submitting a ticket. All the while they continue to grieve other players by selling extremely low cost materials, getting free DQ points, interrupting normal gameplay & possibly making real life money as well.

Oh, yea, could someone please ask how i know they are bots, i really enjoy that question.

Good sir, how can you be certain they are indeed bots?

Joking.....

HT is also being taken over by bots. It is sad i know, but little can be done it seems.
    I submit tickets as well, to no end. The same offenders are out there every day, botting away.

I don't see this being "fixed" any time soon or ever. To put it nicely, how could it ever be fixed?

I asked Val about making a player-based group to help with the botters. He pretty much said it couldn't happen.

SOMETHING must be done.
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    same for rt, near to brimstone always are 2 or 3 heavy armor sins, that follow the drops of 1 coin, also near to eden, same caseb:surrender
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    some botters are wise to the one coin trick, it seems they are using a mouse macro program as opposed to a real botting app. What do you do then?

Do what i do, pull a boss to them. Much easier in hell or heaven i know, but it can be done elsewhere.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Heh, if they follow coin drops, lead a trail of 1 coins leading to a nearby WB if possible.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm not entirely sure about Dreamweaver's bots, but I remember seeing a few back when quest areas were full of folks. Now a days? I do not see them in the usual spots, but that doesn't mean that they are not somewhere else.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    seen a herb farming bot on LC for serveral days...

1st meeting: purge amp...it died to mobsb:chuckle
    2nd: accidentally 1shoted itb:surrender
    3rd: hit it, it attacked, it got killedb:cute
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how do your think most "merchant" their r9b:chuckle got bots running 24/7 grinding dq and yeah i see it in my server all the time as well,a toon doing he same **** for days on end in a remote location in back of heaven or hell,and most are sin.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I rarely see bots, but when i do, i ks them to mess with their programmingb:cute
    leave a trail of coins to a world boss? Have friends pull jewelscalen? GENIUS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver
    Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I see one in Hell farming beside of Abaddon. Funny, mods say submit a ticket but when u submit one with evidence video-SS, he is still bottin in hell. they thereself need to log in and go to where the bot is at and slap the ban stick. He is always farming hell herb, want talk back to u or the other farmers who i bring there want respond to them either. he always does the same routine, get herb then go back to his coordinates, then farm herb, then go back to coordinates even when other herb is around him. dk why they want ban these ppl for cheating. they need to do something
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    GMs should perma ban this persons, ban their ip!!!!!!!!!and delete their acount!
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yea bots should be permanently ban with no warning, but GM should log in game and go check themself, cause sometime people farming herbs or DQ won't answer random pm while no one will ignore a GM in their face asking if they are botting.

I think by now we all know where the bots are, at DQ spots and hell/heaven farming herbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver
    Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I think by now we all know where the bots are, at DQ spots and hell/heaven farming herbs.

EXACTLY, took the words out from my fingertips
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    GMs should do us all a favor and put in their two weeks so they get replaced...

...and even if they didn't get replaced things would stay the same so no big deal. GMs are floxing useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yea bots should be permanently ban with no warning, but GM should log in game and go check themself, cause sometime people farming herbs or DQ won't answer random pm while no one will ignore a GM in their face asking if they are botting.

I couldn't tell a GM was messaging me even when they indicated they were a GM. Also; It's been this way for too long. Taking any drastic action like perma-ban wouldn't be fair to those who counted on the past history of inaction.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    I couldn't tell a GM was messaging me even when they indicated they were a GM. Also; It's been this way for too long. Taking any drastic action like perma-ban wouldn't be fair to those who counted on the past history of inaction.

When a GM messages you ingame, their name comes up as 'GM'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BustyQT - Archosaur
    BustyQT - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gms are pretty useless in this game. i gave up reporting bots because even though i pile mountains of evidence they just auto reply saying they'll investigate it and if i keep bothering about it they tell auto reply telling me its not necessary. weeks pass by and i still see them occasionally.

unfortunately the bots i've seen are smart when it comes to 1 coin and don't pick it up unless they recently killed a mob and then they only pick whats closeby, can't get one to follow a path without eventually resuming killing after 2-3 picks. b:surrender
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    >_> lol... Um, well i can honestly say this is a total non-issue on pvp servers. Lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    also didnt see any bot for a long long long time on harshlands server

but when u got this bot problem on ur pve server i can understand ur upset

but actually the real problem are the GM's... they are the only ones that can do something.
    aslong as people have the opportunity to do somethn unfair without being punished they will do it. and GM's in this game just seem to not care...unfortunatly

which is pretty sad for this game...it could be some much better and more fun and enjoy if just the GM's would be able to do their job b:sad
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ...it could be some much better and more fun and enjoy if just the GM's would be able to do their job b:sad
    Which might help if people actually had some patience or smarts and didn't send in a thousand tickets for useless ****.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    >_> lol... Um, well i can honestly say this is a total non-issue on pvp servers. Lmao

You never do your divine contract quests in heaven and you never kill mini wbs/wb/tm bosses in deserted sea, right? Of course there are bots on lc server. I just reported one a few days ago - and i also got just an auto-message. Unfortunately is naming not allowed in forum b:angry
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    You never do your divine contract quests in heaven and you never kill mini wbs/wb/tm bosses in deserted sea, right? Of course there are bots on lc server. I just reported one a few days ago - and i also got just an auto-message. Unfortunately is naming not allowed in forum b:angry

You're telling me bots on Lost City are killing world bosses? Do they stand at the WB spawn point 24/7 or are you trying to tell me some lazy *** logs in his toon at the correct time every day to kill the WB then walks off and makes a sandwich?

If it is the latter then hell, good for them. That's pro imo. lmao

As for divine contract quests, you're right I don't do them. But if you caught a bot on LC and it was bugging you, you could just kill it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You're telling me bots on Lost City are killing world bosses? Do they stand at the WB spawn point 24/7 or are you trying to tell me some lazy *** logs in his toon at the correct time every day to kill the WB then walks off and makes a sandwich?

If it is the latter then hell, good for them. That's pro imo. lmao

As for divine contract quests, you're right I don't do them. But if you caught a bot on LC and it was bugging you, you could just kill it.

Where did I say that those bots kill wbs? If you would play the game and visit those locations you would see those bots, because they are at those spots. And yes, i kill them sometimes. But they just tele to next village and fly back. And I hate it to become pink/red, like the huge majority on our server. You always just spread stupid legends about lost city server. Most of your comments are just cheap bragging. I know it because I'm on this server since 2008. No need to start a discussion with me btw, I won't resond to nonsense.

Just wanted to say @thread, we have the same probs like all other servers. And real GMs would take action, at least after so many reports. We don't want to end like brazilian or chinese servers.
  • Axejst - Archosaur
    Axejst - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Enforcing rules doesn't make a profit.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You're telling me bots on Lost City are killing world bosses?

No, but usually its someone dual, triple, or quad boxing them on HT using botting programs. But there is at least someone AT the computer, unlike the afk botting stuff.

I do see people botting on and off (usually its solo sins) but it's nothing like giant and insane like the stories some people tell.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Axejst - Archosaur
    Axejst - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013

A history of inaction does not excuse cheating. That has to be the WORST argument against rule enforcement I have ever read in my life.

"I've been getting away with it, so they now have to let me get away with it."

UGH. STUPID.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    Where did I say that those bots kill wbs? If you would play the game and visit those locations you would see those bots, because they are at those spots. And yes, i kill them sometimes. But they just tele to next village and fly back. And I hate it to become pink/red, like the huge majority on our server. You always just spread stupid legends about lost city server. Most of your comments are just cheap bragging. I know it because I'm on this server since 2008. No need to start a discussion with me btw, I won't resond to nonsense.

Just wanted to say @thread, we have the same probs like all other servers. And real GMs would take action, at least after so many reports. We don't want to end like brazilian or chinese servers.

I guess I made the mistake of inferring it. That seemed like what you were saying to me.
    What kind of legends?
    Relevance?

I do solo some WBs, and I have ran into the occasional bot. The OP claims that bots run rampant on his server though, going so far as to say they outnumber player controlled toons 4 to 1.

While I don't take that statistic at face value, I still maintain that there is no issue anywhere near that extremity on Lost City. Bots are much rarer.
    No, but usually its someone dual, triple, or quad boxing them on HT using botting programs. But there is at least someone AT the computer, unlike the afk botting stuff.

I do see people botting on and off (usually its solo sins) but it's nothing like giant and insane like the stories some people tell.

You certain you aren't mistaking multi-clienting with macros for botting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrSpanky - Raging Tide
    DrSpanky - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    instead of qqing about bots, why not try qqing about the price of plat charms on rt server b:shockedb:bye
  • BeneGesserit - Raging Tide
    BeneGesserit - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    instead of qqing about bots, why not try qqing about the price of plat charms on rt server b:shockedb:bye

Spoken like someone that's been b:chuckle................ oh hi there Trumpy
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013

When a GM is in game they have a ''GM'' next to their head.
    It's why I say they should log in game and go at the spot them self and check by them self if it's real bots or not.

I personally ignore random pm when I farm herbs, but trust me if a GM is in my face and pm me asking if I'm there or anything else, I will answer for sure. Only a bot would not answer a GM in their face.

Bots make money illegally, get advantage on other honest players, I don't think a permanent ban is drastic, cause atm they don't even get ban or the few that got ban for a few days continued to do it when they was back. If I rob a bank in real do you think they won't put me in jail cause of my ''past history of inaction''? No they will put me in jail nvm my past cause it's illegal and against the law.

Honest people pay the price of PW drastic actions cause of of bots, like the DQ price and as I said somewhere else a bet anything you want that next year the won't put back the snowmen cause of the bots.
    When a GM messages you ingame, their name comes up as 'GM'.

I got pmed by GM and that never wrote GM in blue. I saw their name like I see other players names when they pm me and that was real GM cause they was in my face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013

It probably isn't as big of a problem but the issue certainly does exist. There are often people botting DQ out by GBQ. All of the cat shops that are always full of DQ mats are almost certainly bot-alts...or people who play for 24 hours a day grinding mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!