bots 4, players 1

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It probably isn't as big of a problem but the issue certainly does exist. There are often people botting DQ out by GBQ. All of the cat shops that are always full of DQ mats are almost certainly bot-alts...or people who play for 24 hours a day grinding mobs.

Or show up to Arch Assault. I scored like 14 stacks of 100 doing that for an hourish once (omg 2x). And I think I was only able to loot like 60% of what dropped due to time constraints.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    instead of qqing about bots, why not try qqing about the price of plat charms on rt server b:shockedb:bye

Platinum charm prices are an absolute disgrace!b:angry

I am appalled, disgusted, outrag---- Oh, hey, I have three charms in my bank. Phew. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ...The OP claims that bots run rampant on his server though, going so far as to say they outnumber player controlled toons 4 to 1.

While I don't take that statistic at face value,...

Actually it's 5 to 1, I said 4 for believability as most players don't seem to know how to recognize bots & may believe a figure of 5 to be outlandish.

Update: Yesterday while messing around with them (often successful), one of the most notorious operators came to his bots rescue (to rez it), & i called him on it. He would not rez it in my presence as he knows i'm avid against botting & would record it. What he did do was attempt to open trade with me, i refused the trade request (2 times). I can only imagine he was going to bribe me to stop messing with his bots as he never said anything. I told him that he could never have anything that would interest me as it was derived from botting.

When i mess with bots & succeed few times in a row, soon more bots will come for support of the others. Explaining that....each bot has something that they fail at, for some you can merely drop a few coins in the air right above them slowing them down significantly, some will aggro mobs which are about to break loose of chasing you & inadvertently aggro the whole group. Others, you need to drag an elite mob or mini-boss past them, as they target it you keep dragging the mini through as large of a group as you can find, & still others you can only make fall off of cliffs. There will soon be bots clearing mobs in order for the other bots to farm herbs, or another bot joining one already in progress to lighten the load of mobs, usually 2 sins i call this the millie-vanilli combo . b:cute

The thing is that even if you succeed in making a bot die, fall, slow down or otherwise fail, the operator is not usually far behind to fix their problem & resume botting. This tells me that they actually are somewhat busy always checking different pc's which are multi-clienting.

With that being said,...
    With so many bots being operated by the same user(s), all with awesome gear it makes one wonder (if you don't already know), how well off their main(s) must be & why would the botting continue if they already have everything the game offers. It gives the stench of organization, meaning actual Gold Farmers . I didn't bother to count how many pages were returned with a simple search " pwi gold " most of which i'm sure if you were to go to their site would plant a nice little key logger in your PC to make even more gold by stealing your account. Then one day you may find yourself beside yourself, only higher lvl & better gear. b:shocked

This scenario would certainly explain a lot once all the other theories were added to it, & in my opinion is the only explanation left considering how long it has been going on with little to no justice. I hope that i am proven wrong or that some turn of events changes it all, but until then it seems we will have to deal with sharing our space with botters.
    In all honesty, i started this thread with the hopes that some of the botting would be cut back, knowing that it won't likely stop anytime soon. b:surrender

Anyways, to the botters... GET A McJob , you're nothing more than a bother to other people who are trying to enjoy themselves.

b:bye
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Enforcing rules doesn't make a profit.

it would if we could all stop paying in for a month or two. a good healthy boycott solves a lot.

hurt them in the pockets, then they start to listen.

i say buy no zen till summer.

it will be a cold winter unless you meet our demands!

STOP AFK BOTTING NOW!
  • ponith
    ponith Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Blacklight uses a anti cheating program, punkbuster, where if you don't have that running you can't play the game... If PWI can do this for one of their games then why not all of them?
  • mogwai
    edited January 2013
    ponith wrote: »
    Blacklight uses a anti cheating program, punkbuster, where if you don't have that running you can't play the game... If PWI can do this for one of their games then why not all of them?

PW did, for a very short time, implement a captcha type anti-bot pop-up. If you did not answer correctly or took too long to answer you were logged out. One of the problems were that it blocked your screen. Also, any time i've ever had a conversation with a botter once they returned was not on the high-end of the specrtum.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • ponith
    ponith Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mogwai wrote: »
    PW did, for a very short time, implement a captcha type anti-bot pop-up. If you did not answer correctly or took too long to answer you were logged out. One of the problems were that it blocked your screen. Also, any time i've ever had a conversation with a botter once they returned was not on the high-end of the specrtum.

From my understanding, the one Blacklight uses runs in the background and monitors for any type of program that would help you cheat, so no annoying pop ups XD
  • enlil
    enlil Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually it's 5 to 1, I said 4 for believability as most players don't seem to know how to recognize bots & may believe a figure of 5 to be outlandish.

Update: Yesterday while messing around with them (often successful), one of the most notorious operators came to his bots rescue (to rez it), & i called him on it. He would not rez it in my presence as he knows i'm avid against botting & would record it. What he did do was attempt to open trade with me, i refused the trade request (2 times). I can only imagine he was going to bribe me to stop messing with his bots as he never said anything. I told him that he could never have anything that would interest me as it was derived from botting.

When i mess with bots & succeed few times in a row, soon more bots will come for support of the others. Explaining that....each bot has something that they fail at, for some you can merely drop a few coins in the air right above them slowing them down significantly, some will aggro mobs which are about to break loose of chasing you & inadvertently aggro the whole group. Others, you need to drag an elite mob or mini-boss past them, as they target it you keep dragging the mini through as large of a group as you can find, & still others you can only make fall off of cliffs. There will soon be bots clearing mobs in order for the other bots to farm herbs, or another bot joining one already in progress to lighten the load of mobs, usually 2 sins i call this the millie-vanilli combo . b:cute

The thing is that even if you succeed in making a bot die, fall, slow down or otherwise fail, the operator is not usually far behind to fix their problem & resume botting. This tells me that they actually are somewhat busy always checking different pc's which are multi-clienting.

With that being said,...
    With so many bots being operated by the same user(s), all with awesome gear it makes one wonder (if you don't already know), how well off their main(s) must be & why would the botting continue if they already have everything the game offers. It gives the stench of organization, meaning actual Gold Farmers . I didn't bother to count how many pages were returned with a simple search " pwi gold " most of which i'm sure if you were to go to their site would plant a nice little key logger in your PC to make even more gold by stealing your account. Then one day you may find yourself beside yourself, only higher lvl & better gear. b:shocked

This scenario would certainly explain a lot once all the other theories were added to it, & in my opinion is the only explanation left considering how long it has been going on with little to no justice. I hope that i am proven wrong or that some turn of events changes it all, but until then it seems we will have to deal with sharing our space with botters.
    In all honesty, i started this thread with the hopes that some of the botting would be cut back, knowing that it won't likely stop anytime soon. b:surrender

Anyways, to the botters... GET A McJob , you're nothing more than a bother to other people who are trying to enjoy themselves.

b:bye

Dude.. get a life.. your really sounding conspiricle here. They all bot. Everybody bots. this game sks and is a coin dump.. boo hoo. really .. you need to step back. Its a game. All games have bots. Besides if they ban all the bots then it would look like no one is playing the game. I have been in the desert when the bots where afraid to go out. It was freaking lonely. I thought,"Am i the only person who plays this game". Maybe i should play a game with more people like G.. or T... . Truth is these tunes that cost lots of money nad are just hobbies for the rest of us. Your ranting has lead to gold farmers at 1.7 mil coin to 1 gold. Thats insanity now. bots smots.. who cares.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    enlil wrote: »
    Dude.. get a life.. your really sounding conspiricle here. They all bot. Everybody bots. this game sks and is a coin dump.. boo hoo. really .. you need to step back. Its a game. All games have bots. Besides if they ban all the bots then it would look like no one is playing the game. I have been in the desert when the bots where afraid to go out. It was freaking lonely. I thought,"Am i the only person who plays this game". Maybe i should play a game with more people like G.. or T... . Truth is these tunes that cost lots of money nad are just hobbies for the rest of us. Your ranting has lead to gold farmers at 1.7 mil coin to 1 gold. Thats insanity now. bots smots.. who cares.

Dude... you need friends to play with.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Affirmative action? Do you even know what that means? Lol'd.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I think I remember that, it rewarded you right if you weren't a bot? It was so annoying tho! Anything that fills up the screen whatsoeveer means death in the middle of any fight....
  • gouraudpalm2
    gouraudpalm2 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bots create a illusion of a populated server so ppl will be motivated to purchase OP gear from the Cash Shop, so bots = profit.

This games is a scam.
  • mogwai
    edited January 2013
    i'd miltiquote if i thought certain posters would actually come back to follow up^^

With the end of X2 the bot population did fall back to its normal amounts ie: the staple botters in heaven/hell. This does not make game life any better as they're still in the better spots to grind/farm, **** resources from honest players.
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    Heleghir - Raging Tide Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've taken skai to a few of the dq bots that plague RT 24/7. most are sins that bp, sage wolf, autoattack, pick, re-bp, re-we, autoattack, pick, etc etc. Its getting pretty bad there as well, cant go into heaven/hell without seeing at least 3 herbbots and 5-6 dq farmers on melee mobs

/inb4dq81-91worthless

cuz really thats the path things are headed, to counter the bots lets just kill the value of ALL the dq now! that way they dont profit, might as well just remove the drops altogether at this rate. hell, i found out someone who has 3 dq bots going 24/7, glitches the dq do-alls to be tradeable and sells them for mass profit every so often at ridic low prices by the thousands. got SS's of them admitting it, sent that in, and 3 weeks later they still doing it.

WTB > bans for the botters kthx
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • FrostLord - Dreamweaver
    FrostLord - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i really dont like how people misuse this botting cheats. Yes maybe they are hard to prevent but why cant stern actions be taken against them ???
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I Haven't seen Bots at all really might be that i don't might not farm hours and hours to noticed this is here in Lost City.b:surrender
  • mogwai
    edited January 2013
    wtb> Naming & Shaming section of the forum.
    I've played a game from another company which does this & it is successful. The difference is that more cursive language is allowed, otherwise every post would be a flame. ^^
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've taken skai to a few of the dq bots that plague RT 24/7. most are sins that bp, sage wolf, autoattack, pick, re-bp, re-we, autoattack, pick, etc etc. Its getting pretty bad there as well, cant go into heaven/hell without seeing at least 3 herbbots and 5-6 dq farmers on melee mobs

/inb4dq81-91worthless

cuz really thats the path things are headed, to counter the bots lets just kill the value of ALL the dq now! that way they dont profit, might as well just remove the drops altogether at this rate. hell, i found out someone who has 3 dq bots going 24/7, glitches the dq do-alls to be tradeable and sells them for mass profit every so often at ridic low prices by the thousands. got SS's of them admitting it, sent that in, and 3 weeks later they still doing it.

WTB > bans for the botters kthx

Do-Alls from DQ shop are already tradable without having to glitch or whatever. so are the perfect chi stones from DQ shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    im kinda divided lol.

its bad but without them the mats would be more expensive to get ;S herbs are already 4k here and i dont have all day to gather them either...b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm conflicted.

If GMs actually wanted to enforce the rules, I would say perma-bans for every botter!
    Bots on PvE servers do ruffle my feathers, since there's no way for players to deal with them (besides the oh so effective capture "proof" and submit a ticket method, which works about as well as painting a house with a toothbrush).

However, it's clear that regardless of proof or effort on the part of the player-base, nothing is done about botters (except of course things that damage the community, like DQ nerfs).

SO.

I vote that in the spirit of fairness, the rules on Bots be removed, so we can all bot to our hearts content.

Really that is the spirit behind reporting bots anyway right? The spirit of fairness. We aren't allowed to bot, so why should they get away with it?

We should all be allowed to have the same advantages as anyone else, so either enforce the rule, or remove it.
  • KitKatAngel - Archosaur
    KitKatAngel - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Exuse the noob question what's a bot?
    b:cute Sweet dreams and unicorns make life worth living b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Exuse the noob question what's a bot?
    place your hands on your hips and move it to your back. Slide it down till you feel what seems to be a 'crack' or 'wedge'. That area right there and the 2 mounds that make it are what your looking for b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Or they could code it so that players found to be bots will randomly have their pk flag set to on for the next 2 weeks per infraction. I personally think this would be much more fun than just a ban. :)
  • mogwai
    edited January 2013
    okok, so maybe there's not a dark conspiracy of organized gold farming but still...

One person i know who botted for about a year straight now feels righteous. He spent RL $$ at first to get good gear (farmed some i'm sure), but then botted for a year with several toons (before we were allowed to run 2 clients), & says "oh that program dosen't work anymore & i play free now"... not 3 days later I SS'd him botting -.- ---hello, i've been reporting the same user for years now, why is he still here at all?---

Even if he was legit now it don't make up for everything that has taken place, ie: the extremely overweighted TW's, gold prices, DQ prices, etc, etc, etc..nearly everything is affected by even just 1 person doing it. People who do this just don't seem to realize what the repercussions are & if they do then they simply don't care. It shows a complete lack of respect for the game's host & it's community.

We can only hope that PWE shows some self-respect by removing them as they said they would do in the beginning.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am not agreeing or disagreeing one way or another, but there is at least one game at perfectworld(jade dynasty) that has a built in bot that is fully supported for leveling getting drops ect. It is a little hard to say it is unethical when you have a built in bot in another game they publish. PWI already has half of a bot in the game already with charms and now the auto pot(cash item). The only difference is ours does not attack mobs or pick drops
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • mogwai
    edited January 2013
    yes, many of PWE's games have built-in-bots, they said that would never happen here.
    & i must agree, as time passes PWI becomes more bot-friendly...the 1st worst thing they did (even though i wanted it but stood against it), was add the tab-targeting feature. Knowing that it would simplify what needed to be done in order to bot. Then sure enough very soon after there were posts being made about venos, squads of venos, & i spotted/reported a few higher barbs doing it.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Speaking of botting, I have not updated JD in a while. b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • ON_oFF - Lost City
    ON_oFF - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    some botters are wise to the one coin trick, it seems they are using a mouse macro program as opposed to a real botting app. What do you do then?

Do what i do, pull a boss to them. Much easier in hell or heaven i know, but it can be done elsewhere.

And that my dear is also BANABLE!! =\

who gives a flying monkey if they bot - i sure as heck don't ... stop wasting your time and stop QQing about it on the forums...it is their choice how they play the game
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Gm's needed to be in game more frequently to stop botting etc going on in game, we have the Online GM Consult service but looks like that's only meant for show. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • BeastlyBri - Heavens Tear
    BeastlyBri - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the heads up fellow Heaven's Tear residents I now know what to keep an eye out for once I hit that level.