Sirens of War Content Update

Comments

• Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Everyone and his momma was waiting for the pet update on the Wanmei forums, many (myself included) were rather disappointing when the update notice had no mention of the Pets, and instead we got this "weapon fashion" stuff LOL:

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20130114/69015.shtml

I seriously thought it was a joke, I even reloaded the page a few times, I guess this gonna be useful for people that never liked how their weapons looked like, hopefully we can get a fashion that makes my Cleric's ugly glaive look like a Giant Magic Sword b:chuckle.

Yeah, I felt like that too.
    I was rather confused why there was no mention of the pet stuff or why the patch was only 27 mb.
    I'm like pretty sure the stuff for Hegemony wasn't sneaked in the other patches, and that the date was supposed to be Jan 16th.

I find it interesting they are doing this weapon fashion stuff. It's almost like they heard of someone doing weapon reskins on a uh... not so official version of pw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, the the update was postponed. http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20130116/69037.shtml

Maybe next week will happen the update.

And Weapon Fashion is very nonsense.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, the weapon fashion idea is not that bad but it looks kinda silly lol.

I was looking forward the pet update though b:cry
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, the the update was postponed. http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20130116/69037.shtml

Maybe next week will happen the update.

And Weapon Fashion is very nonsense.

I feel silly for having missed that.

I guess I wasn't paying attention to the context of the engrish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is it April fools day or just a complete joke?

If that's the new barb, then all it needs is red lipstick & it'll be ready for *** Pride ijs -,-
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The new Veno form looks fun... And new pets as well... But they'll probably will be only obtainable through some PK event (basically where only the ones with OP gear can get their stuff)... Nope... Don't see a reason to actively come back here sadly... Though it was nice to see some new fash to finally be released this week (and pretty fash too)... But seriously, 10 Gold for just a top? And ppl have to farm that kind of income how these days? b:surrender

Also... I hate to be negative but I think the game has finally begone to slowly die anyway... You all remember Broken Bow Bluff as a KS field where dozens of ppl where attending to their quests at the same time, right? Earlier today I went online to help someone kill some mobs there for her alt (since the person expected to be KSed a lot)... There was no one there! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide
    Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The new Veno form looks fun... And new pets as well... But they'll probably will be only obtainable through some PK event (basically where only the ones with OP gear can get their stuff)... Nope... Don't see a reason to actively come back here sadly... Though it was nice to see some new fash to finally be released this week (and pretty fash too)... But seriously, 10 Gold for just a top? And ppl have to farm that kind of income how these days? b:surrender

Also... I hate to be negative but I think the game has finally begone to slowly die anyway... You all remember Broken Bow Bluff as a KS field where dozens of ppl where attending to their quests at the same time, right? Earlier today I went online to help someone kill some mobs there for her alt (since the person expected to be KSed a lot)... There was no one there! b:shocked

+1

What you say is right indeed, but PWI can still change all that. They can still make PWI like it was before. They should start again making convincing reasons for new players to move on, they have to attract new players. Also high level players should be attracted again because right now, this is the current state of the game (for me atleast):

- TT = Dead
    - Nirvana = Dead
    - Cube = well, not much reason to do that anyway.
    - BH = you do it once, and you're done for that day. And if it's lunar --> No BH for you :)
    - NW = no option, that's at 4 am for me
    - FC (but i'm already lvl 103, and at that level, FC is just boring as f*ck)

What's left?
    - Pk on my PvE server. Yay!
    - TW
    - FWS (but I first need to do NW before doing FWS makes sense)

So, to the point: there is not a damn thing to do in this game! Entertain us PWI! Give us a reason to stay! b:surrender
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    +1

What you say is right indeed, but PWI can still change all that. They can still make PWI like it was before. They should start again making convincing reasons for new players to move on, they have to attract new players. Also high level players should be attracted again because right now, this is the current state of the game (for me atleast):

- TT = Dead
    - Nirvana = Dead
    - BH = you do it once, and you're done for that day. And if it's lunar --> No BH for you :)

What's left?
    - TW

So, to the point: there is not a damn thing to do in this game! Entertain us PWI! Give us a reason to stay! b:surrender

+1 right back at you as well... Right now, the only reason I still check in every now and then is because I still have friends here and there's a little ray of hope left in me they might try to save the game by finally doing something good to it... Allowing .ini edits was a good start for that though...

I think the worse problems right now are the fact that new players can't grind much coin and being forced to lvl up as quickly as possible... Afcourse they'll get stuck around lvl 70-80 because they just simply can't grind for a few hours to get lot's of coin since they Nerfed pretty much all DQ drops... I really don't see how one should be able to get enough coin for pots, skills, and equip now... This could be easily solved though by either giving ppl the chance to earn stuff with some hardcore mob grinding, or drastically lower the costs for at least pots and skills...

In the game I'm currently playing for example, you can be as rich as you're willing to take effort for... Even at just lvl 34, after one hour of hard work grinding you can earn a really good amount of currency to buy some pretty cool luxury items like cosmetics from other players... Without even needing to spend a single dollar... Also, you can craft all kinds of needed stuff and trade with players that chose other crafting skills to lvl... Seriously, it's just ridiculous that one has to be near the lvl cap (100+) to even get a small chance of getting a few mil and being able to buy stuff they need...

The other problem would indeed be that pretty much all the PvE instances are rendered useless... No one is doing them... And the few ppl that actually run TT's and stuff only do it for money and only take those who already have OP gear (you need OP gear to farm your OP gear)...

So now it pretty much comes to this: Deserted newby areas (which is never encouraging), the fact that the game now is only free to play 'till players reach certain lvles, and the players we currently still have are either getting bored or tired of this game... I hate to say it but at this rate the game won't be lasting much longer... It's a shame cause the game had so much potential... It was a really great game a few years ago and the character customization (probably PWI's only strong point left at this point) is just amazing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    +1

- TT = Dead
    - Nirvana = Dead

What's left?
    - TW

What about EU, AEU, WS, delta? And whats FWS? I gotta agree tho on most of em, I used to do a lot of cube back in the day, and there would ALWAYS be a shop inside the rooms that needed you to buy a bully card or such....but since the games been dying and less cube of fate runs have been done, you either get trapped in the bully card room or PK room or so on. And you can't do a single thing about it minus town teleport or buy do-all cards.
    edited January 2013
    What about EU, AEU, WS, delta? And whats FWS? I gotta agree tho on most of em, I used to do a lot of cube back in the day, and there would ALWAYS be a shop inside the rooms that needed you to buy a bully card or such....but since the games been dying and less cube of fate runs have been done, you either get trapped in the bully card room or PK room or so on. And you can't do a single thing about it minus town teleport or buy do-all cards.

FWS = Full Warsong

You are right indeed, but EU/AEU is now kinda pointless because I already have all those skills by now. ;S Delta is kinda pointless, you spend sooo many time completing this instance and the reward is good to pay repairs lol.
  • phantasmzx
    phantasmzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    im just wondering why the barb form looks like kung fu pandas redneck cousin....
  • Carichan - Sanctuary
    Carichan - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm looking forward to the new content, even tho there wont be much for clerics in it as it seems.
    ~♥~ Mohandas Gandhi said: ~♥~
    ~♥~ Be the change that you want to see in the world. ~♥~
    ~♥~ The best leaders will be the ones who always lead by example. ~♥~

b:shy

~♥~ Disclaimer: I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what others understand. ~♥~
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    FWS = Full Warsong

You are right indeed, but EU/AEU is now kinda pointless because I already have all those skills by now. ;S Delta is kinda pointless, you spend sooo many time completing this instance and the reward is good to pay repairs lol.

I swear the day all servers will abbreviate every instance 1 universal name will be a miracle.
    I'm looking forward to the new content, even tho there wont be much for clerics in it as it seems.

It seems to be aimed mostly to the untamed classes, as they have gotten a bit shabby due to 5aps and whatnot. About time they polished untamed classes, I was honestly shocked when they released morai map with a single monster to tame. Same with EG territory. We needed these new pets badly....
  • CuddlePanda_ - Harshlands
    CuddlePanda_ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yesss
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited January 2013

You are right indeed, but EU/AEU is now kinda pointless because I already have all those skills by now.

You pk - you need apoth and AEU is free apoth
    You're not 105 - AEU is also a massive exp instance.

As for your previous comment;

TT is not dead - people will always want to make TT gear.
    Nirvana is dead - NW covers this
    Cube is not dead, its very much alive because of the fact that NW provides such cheap warsoul mats to make the necklace cheaply
    BH - its a daily. Thats the point of a daily. The EoD at the end of a lunar more than covers for the cost of opening it. You're R9+10. Dont QQ.
    NW - you could always reroll to the EU servers :)

PK - you chose to roll on a PVE server. Dont QQ.
    FWS - you dont need to do NW for FWS to make sense. The biggest problem other than raps and cannies people have is having enough badges for recast and rerolls.

Dont blame PWI for issues they have nothing to do with. Most of these are your own.
    Essentially you chose to be bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
    edited January 2013

Dont blame PWI for issues they have nothing to do with. Most of these are your own.

You do realize that everything you are saying is bullsh!t? You simply don't want to face the reality. Well, that's your problem, but people like you won't change the world.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You do realize that everything you are saying is bullsh!t? You simply don't want to face the reality. Well, that's your problem, but people like you won't change the world.

TT is not dead - people will always want to make TT gear.
    Nirvana is dead - NW covers this
    Cube is not dead, its very much alive because of the fact that NW provides such cheap warsoul mats to make the necklace cheaply
    BH - its a daily. Thats the point of a daily. The EoD at the end of a lunar more than covers for the cost of opening it. You're R9+10. Dont QQ.
    NW - you could always reroll to the EU servers :)

PK - you chose to roll on a PVE server. Dont QQ.
    FWS - you dont need to do NW for FWS to make sense. The biggest problem other than raps and cannies people have is having enough badges for recast and rerolls.

*Grabs popcorn b:pleased*

I do agree with the points Bhavyy raised. The instances are there, most people are wonky and just want things nao for free. Our band of merry friends just hit 102~103 mark by doing nix valley. I speak from sanctuary, no idea about rt prices. TT mats still sell, gold and green, people are shifting to tt99 gold weapon to make g15/g16 because lunar weapons shot up in price.

Maybe switch to sanctuary b:cute.
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2013

"won't change the world" wait when did the world had to do with PWI?

Bhavyy is right, people should not complain about the instances, it is your choice to do it or not. Because you don't do bhs, cubes, nirvy, or TT doesn't mean other people don't do them either. It's your choice to play an a specific server, it's your choice to do the instances, and it's your choice to make it fun or not (meaning going through it with friends, I've went through nirvy for fun for 99 keys). There are things to do in the game, your just too tired of doing them over and over again (I get the feeling sometimes too).

PWI really have no control over the instances, it depends on PWCN.
    edited January 2013
    Yeah indeed, about that server, you are right, i could go to a PK server but come on. Doing FC to 105, then you don't have a life. This cube and TT exists for years now, and it's really boring by now! Even with friends, after doing this 542604602 times, the fun is over. And you could say: "quit the game": well that's what alot of people are doing right now :)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sucks to be on your server :S sanctuary is still doing good with those shops.

aside from that, any other new pics available? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Doing FC to 105, then you don't have a life.

Phoenix valley b:cool. Just like how you are bored of the cube, we are bored of fcc. Nix valley more fun, since we do crazy things there while pulling. It only takes 15 minute to do 2~3 runs, so not time consuming at all.
  • dupethefile
    edited January 2013
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013

truncated link
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's the link.

Dupe posted it on the Venomancer forums too and I just copied it from there. This one works, the one dupe posted here might have a typo or something.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • dupethefile
    edited January 2013
    Here's the link.

Dupe posted it on the Venomancer forums too and I just copied it from there. This one works, the one dupe posted here might have a typo or something.

Thank you very much Desdi. I don't know what happened with the link, but now i fixed it.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's the link.

b:cute Glacial Walker reskin! I love it!
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Khalessi - Dreamweaver
    Khalessi - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I also the new looks! Can't wait!!! Hope we get these soon after they do....
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    it seems like the pets will retain their pre-tamed look, no? the glacial walker makes it seem so. i hope so.

that sawfly looked awesome. surely different. I can't wait.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
This discussion has been closed.