Sirens of War Content Update

Options

Comments

• Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Am...am I the only one who clicked on those youtube links? .

nope b:chuckle
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I always wondered if something was going to happen with that strange Glacier npc talking about Penguin Park just east of Tellus City.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Awesome info you dug up Bubbles. Liking what I see so far except for the panda form. b:sweat
    Just hope we get at least most of the content when it comes out if at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Hi , i have some game problem , how can I contact u ?
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    taringa181 wrote: »
    http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=2115230&extra=page%3D1

was me the only one that opened this awesome link?

own flames Armor state, additional effect: Skill crit rate increase of 35%; own Ice Armor state, additional additional effect: the target every time injured has a 95% chance of additional frostbite by 50% attack power equipment, water damage, 3 seconds per second. Own rock armor state, additional effect: I hurt a 85% chance given body seal for 3 seconds, deepen and hurt 30% of this state with the Wizard off soul true tactic of "Assassin" ** hit "effect conflict, and the martial arts the Skyfire Kuanglong "effect can be superimposed.

seems wizard barriers will become more like psi voodoos and souls...

yay at stone barrier with 85% sos

I somehow doubt the stone barrier is like soul of silence, both because the translation is absolute *** and because wizards with soul of silence is more OP than Psys with SoS. At the very least, Psys have terriawful pdef and Black voodoo makes them take 11% more damage than other classes, so Psys can often be oneshot, thus rendering SoS irrelevant. But Wizzies? They've got pretty nice pdef and no effect like black voodoo. Such an add-on would kinda trivialize Psys to an extent while also doubling the population of people that might silence you when hit (and doing it to a main TW DD so that 2 of the 3 TW DDs now silence constantly), which could get pretty hectic, annoying and boring.

I'm going to guess, just based on the really bad translation, that it's actually a shield that drastically reduces the physical damage wizards take from melee (85%?) while also reflecting 30% damage back.

This would help balance wizzies vs. herpderp sins quite drastically while not really empowering them vs. anyone else.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=2115230&extra=page%3D1

was me the only one that opened this awesome link?

own flames Armor state, additional effect: Skill crit rate increase of 35%; own Ice Armor state, additional additional effect: the target every time injured has a 95% chance of additional frostbite by 50% attack power equipment, water damage, 3 seconds per second. Own rock armor state, additional effect: I hurt a 85% chance given body seal for 3 seconds, deepen and hurt 30% of this state with the Wizard off soul true tactic of "Assassin" ** hit "effect conflict, and the martial arts the Skyfire Kuanglong "effect can be superimposed.

seems wizard barriers will become more like psi voodoos and souls...

yay at stone barrier with 85% sos

this post is super fail troll the poster forgot copy the red add-on words by end of this post in CN forum which translate to engerish is: this only the suggestion post b:shutup
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I saw that, but there isn't enough info for me to go by.
    it's a bit too vague and it implies there is a new map, which there aren't any pictures of yet. and unless if I'm being ****, it's not there in the patches either.

I'll revise the nw section when there is more info.

Hi , i have problem with my pwi game .. Cant use luncher .
    is there a way i can contact u to help me plz
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    psys also has white voodoo that permits them to afk tank groups of r9s,
    also psy buffs cant be purged wizard ones can be purged indeed

last post of WM confirms that they are looking forward to buff human race characther skills
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    And still no anti-stun for clerics or a change to Pious Blessing to make it useable without Violet Dance on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    4 pages of ppl got trolled hard here
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    4 pages of ppl got trolled hard here

the only thing in my op that might not be correct is the one wanmei thread on supposed skill changes

everything else is genuine and exists in patch files and has wanmei news posts to confirm their existence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    the only thing in my op that might not be correct is the one wanmei thread on supposed skill changes

everything else is genuine and exists in patch files and has wanmei news posts to confirm their existence

This. Either you've been quite a retired veteran player, or you just don't know what Bubbles has been doing for us throughout each content update.

For example, Bubbles made threads on content updates for things like the Descent expansion, the Sirens of War content update, and a few others that I can't bother to look for. And all of these were made before they were officially released to us.

And they've been quite accurate. I wouldn't say Bubbles would be trolling at this point.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yeah I doubt the skill part too. When the new veno/barb transformations were leaked the skills themselves were already added to the pwcn test server client (though not the way to obtain them). Since then there haven't been any real skill changes to my pwcn client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yeah I doubt the skill part too. When the new veno/barb transformations were leaked the skills themselves were already added to the pwcn test server client (though not the way to obtain them). Since then there haven't been any real skill changes to my pwcn client.

I was about as fap-cited for Meteor Rush pushback working on players as I was when the -.1 tome was leaked.

You and bubbles are like the worst teases ever.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I somehow doubt the stone barrier is like soul of silence, both because the translation is absolute *** and because wizards with soul of silence is more OP than Psys with SoS. At the very least, Psys have terriawful pdef and Black voodoo makes them take 11% more damage than other classes, so Psys can often be oneshot, thus rendering SoS irrelevant. But Wizzies? They've got pretty nice pdef and no effect like black voodoo. Such an add-on would kinda trivialize Psys to an extent while also doubling the population of people that might silence you when hit (and doing it to a main TW DD so that 2 of the 3 TW DDs now silence constantly), which could get pretty hectic, annoying and boring.

I'm going to guess, just based on the really bad translation, that it's actually a shield that drastically reduces the physical damage wizards take from melee (85%?) while also reflecting 30% damage back.

This would help balance wizzies vs. herpderp sins quite drastically while not really empowering them vs. anyone else.

Wizards already have a skill for sins. It's called Arcane Defense....plus it's a purify.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    This. Either you've been quite a retired veteran player, or you just don't know what Bubbles has been doing for us throughout each content update.

For example, Bubbles made threads on content updates for things like the Descent expansion, the Sirens of War content update, and a few others that I can't bother to look for. And all of these were made before they were officially released to us.

And they've been quite accurate. I wouldn't say Bubbles would be trolling at this point.

guess i gotta say sorry to bubbles at this point. to my defense, i did not know him, and last time i actiuveley played this game was for tideborn expansion and some months after :)

edit: part bout the skills just sounded soo much made up, by some frustrated wiz :)
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Wizards already have a skill for sins. It's called Arcane Defense....plus it's a purify.

Which does and doesn't work because sins can just teleport stun directly to the wizard and continue.

Badge of Courage and Distance Shrink you say? Use the OTHER teleport skill and just use Tackling Slash, then herpderp away. Both Distance Shrink and Arcane Defense would be on cooldown.

It works because most people who play sins are friggin' dumb as rocks and don't think of this, it DOESN'T work because if actually played right, all it does is delay the inevitable and/or force sins to be more cautious about jumping wizzies (makes them less appealing targets in group fights) since now it can't be done in 3 seconds flat, assuming you're not built for DPH and instead want to herpderp.

I sincerely doubt it's a seal upon hit, especially when the amount listed is 85%. Psys max out at ~33-40% and people complain, 85% would be ridiculous. Likewise, if we're to assume this is activated by melee only, it still wouldn't do much because as any Psy can tell you, a sin will just AD + IG that **** if they truly wanna herpderp you.

What I'm suggesting is superior, because 85% melee damage decrease? They can't do jack about. That's your defense so they can't just IG it or whatever. I also think what I'm suggesting is more realistic and balanced, because if wizards had an 85% chance of silence vs. everything? That'd be absolutely ridiculous.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    About the link to the "possible" wizard skill updates, it's actually not. It's a suggestion made that's obviously not going to be taken into consideration, considering how broken that would make wizards.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    About the link to the "possible" wizard skill updates, it's actually not. It's a suggestion made that's obviously not going to be taken into consideration, considering how broken that would make wizards.

Good to see the Chinese know how to make reasonable suggestions.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • taringa181
    edited December 2012
    Options
    because adversity 5 aps full josd sins arent broken? (dont say its impossible cause my server has a couple)

200def lvls + 50% chance seal on hit\skill + 13 seconds stun r9r3 psychics arent broken?

what about r9r3 archers 3shotting full josd wizards with autoatks? (that means 1shotting anyone else with just tab-attack)

what about r9r3 seekers that if full josd can reach 175 def lvls and can ss qpq to throw u nukes with 200 atk level and gof?

wizards need sustain, at least!
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    because adversity 5 aps full josd sins arent broken? (dont say its impossible cause my server has a couple)

200def lvls + 50% chance seal on hit\skill + 13 seconds stun r9r3 psychics arent broken?

what about r9r3 archers 3shotting full josd wizards with autoatks? (that means 1shotting anyone else with just tab-attack)

what about r9r3 seekers that if full josd can reach 175 def lvls and can ss qpq to throw u nukes with 200 atk level and gof?

wizards need sustain, at least!

Sorry to say but...I guess you just look at the mass PvP side of the game. If you put against all classes in 1on1 Situations with self-buffs only, then you might see that sins, seekers and psys are redicolously weak especially against a Wizard.

To bad most of the people in this game don'T give a damn about fair PvP, they always wanna be full buffed and so on... Let's say a Full R9rerecast Wizard against the above mentioned with equal gears...the Wizard can easely one-shot them like nothing through "Spark"-Genie skill and Undine Strike + Fire DMG combo. Wizards and Barb are the strongest PvP classes in 1on1 situations and will always be, Barbs are the strongest in all matters...

But People here will never learn one important thing....the whole josd craze is totally stupid. If full buffed then the Def-Levels will make you nearly invincible, but little do undderstand that if your defense goes to 0, then your def levels won't save you.

Let's stick to the example...when the wiz debuffs your fire def to 0 and u have lets say 200 Def levels then the wiz won't crit you for like 20k as if you had 0 def levels, but it will still hit you liek something around 16k-ish (unsparked ofc). So if you got self buffs only and even if you are a full +12ed josd psy, then your dead^^

same goes for Barbs or BMs with tangling mire combo and Devour or Glacial Spike (even more effective then HF). Yet so many play this game for so many years but still don't have a tiniest clue about how this game really works....tooooooo bad. (:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • taringa181
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Sorry to say but...I guess you just look at the mass PvP side of the game. If you put against all classes in 1on1 Situations with self-buffs only, then you might see that sins, seekers and psys are redicolously weak especially against a Wizard.

To bad most of the people in this game don'T give a damn about fair PvP, they always wanna be full buffed and so on... Let's say a Full R9rerecast Wizard against the above mentioned with equal gears...the Wizard can easely one-shot them like nothing through "Spark"-Genie skill and Undine Strike + Fire DMG combo. Wizards and Barb are the strongest PvP classes in 1on1 situations and will always be, Barbs are the strongest in all matters...

But People here will never learn one important thing....the whole josd craze is totally stupid. If full buffed then the Def-Levels will make you nearly invincible, but little do undderstand that if your defense goes to 0, then your def levels won't save you.

Let's stick to the example...when the wiz debuffs your fire def to 0 and u have lets say 200 Def levels then the wiz won't crit you for like 20k as if you had 0 def levels, but it will still hit you liek something around 16k-ish (unsparked ofc). So if you got self buffs only and even if you are a full +12ed josd psy, then your dead^^

same goes for Barbs or BMs with tangling mire combo and Devour or Glacial Spike (even more effective then HF). Yet so many play this game for so many years but still don't have a tiniest clue about how this game really works....tooooooo bad. (:

isnt this game all about mass-pvp atm? (nation wars and tws atm)

anyway you are wrong here in 1on1 there is no chance anyone can keep it up with those kind of seekers psys sins and even archers... trust me i made hundred tries on p server with retail very endgame geared characthers...
    a spark undine combo wont 1shot a full jaded psy or seeker, trust me cause i tried...

there is a 5 aps adversity full josd sin in our server that just tab attack and herpderp anyone independently by the class (and i am talking about others full josd wizs archers and seekers) and thats not even a 1on1 situation thats a 1on2 1on3 but still herpderps...

this is not a QQ but while archers has wog and stealth (also 2x leaps awaken and bv), sins has stealth DN tidal and focused mind (sage subsea and cod aswell), seekers has adrenal numbness SS and qpq, psys has SoStun SoSil white voodoo...

what does wizs have? purgeable demon stone barrier on top of 2.5k phys def if on r9r3 gears??
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

It's not only for sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • taringa181
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Arcane defense is pretty easy to be countered by any class that has a gap closer.... mhhh lemme think which... hmmm pretty much archers sins seekers?
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I removed the wanmei thread.
    normally I double check for things like this but I didn't have a lot of time before I left for vacation this week.
    I won't be back home until Monday so I'll just have to rely on you guys a bit before I can get back home and use my own resources.
    this phone can only do so much. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

U are wrong. Psychs are broken even with spark skill it they are fully buffed one maxed wiz cannot oneshot them.
    Also sins are hard with their aps recast.Also...archers do insane dmg and a wiz with other than stone barrier is a dad wiz.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Arcane defense is pretty easy to be countered by any class that has a gap closer.... mhhh lemme think which... hmmm pretty much archers sins seekers?

You never PvP vs BM do ya?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • taringa181
    edited December 2012
    Options
    yea but the bm grab seems it can fail or something while alacrity windpush jumps etch wont
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20121227/68881.shtml

Good News!

Well the harpy and the monkey king aren't phoenix and herc upgrades. I think that they are other pet that you get in the nw.

Why?

Because these are the phoenix and herc upgrades:

Nix

Herc

Well, i don't know really these are the new nix and new herc, because there will be many changes in the combat's pets, the developer's have confirmed that the pet will inherit many veno's stats, so many pet will be upgraded, like petite sawfly:

sawfly

Anther change is the veno can train the pet for some stat, for example if you want a pet very offensive, you can develop the "crazy" temper in the pet. If want a defensive pet you can give him a "indomitable" character. I think that the intraction with the pet will be upgraded.

So if you are very confused go to: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20121227/68881.shtml
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited December 2012
    Options
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20121227/68881.shtml

I have good new for you.

Well the harpy and the monkey king aren't phoenix and herc upgrades. I think that they are other pet that you get in the nw.

Why?

Because these are the phoenix and herc upgrades:

Nix

Herc

Well, i don't know really these are the new nix and new herc, because there will be many changes in the combat's pets, the developer's have confirmed that the pet will inherit many veno's stats, so many pet will be upgraded, like petite sawfly:

sawfly

Anther change is the veno can train the pet for some stat, for example if you want a pet very offensive, you can develop the "crazy" temper in the pet. If want a defensive pet you can give him a "indomitable" character. I think that the intraction with the pet will be upgraded.

So if you are very confused go to: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20121227/68881.shtml

I never meant that the new pets were direct upgrades to nix and herc, I meant that they are probably stronger versions of them.

that interesting they are even upgrading the sawfly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.