Sirens of War Content Update

Comments

• Conalll - Archosaur
    Conalll - Archosaur Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ok, fox form I could live with and enjoy. But I don't know. Not sure I like how the "Panda" form looks. Plus you know, the whole thing with use wolves and lions still wanting our "true" form. Though perhaps there's hope. The veno skill Bewitch has like 3 versions that all do the same thing. So maybe they'll draw up a wolf and lion version for us here in the states.

*SNAP!* Okay, I'm back from my hallucination.

Seriously, I don't care for the panda form. I do like the fox form. Prefer the traditional red fox form, but it's still nice enough. I definitely love the idea of two more skill slots. I could do a lot with that. (I.E. HP and aggro skills for my herc). Would have to see the stats on the pets to know if I'd want them or not.

Time will tell if we even get it. But if we do.... I just don't know.
    "Impatience walks with disaster." My own phrase.

"Let the winds of winter come. I fear not famine, nor blizzard, nor an army of predators. For I am wolf. My power is matched by the many that stand beside me. Come what may. I have faced it before, and it has yet to touch me." *The Alpha's Warning*
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I never meant that the new pets were direct upgrades to nix and herc, I meant that they are probably stronger versions of them.

that interesting they are even upgrading the sawfly.

Sorry, when i wrote the post, i didn't review, so the post was with a offense tone, so when i say "you", i refer for all the venos. I don't wanna contradict anything. I only wanna give this information for the forum.

So, i don't know if this new images are or aren't the herc and nix upgrades, because many posts in pwch foruns say about the petite sawfly will be the next nix, so the developers can changing some pet's appearence. But they may be a nix or herc upgrades.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    taringa181 wrote: »
    isnt this game all about mass-pvp atm? (nation wars and tws atm)

anyway you are wrong here in 1on1 there is no chance anyone can keep it up with those kind of seekers psys sins and even archers... trust me i made hundred tries on p server with retail very endgame geared characthers...
    a spark undine combo wont 1shot a full jaded psy or seeker, trust me cause i tried...

there is a 5 aps adversity full josd sin in our server that just tab attack and herpderp anyone independently by the class (and i am talking about others full josd wizs archers and seekers) and thats not even a 1on1 situation thats a 1on2 1on3 but still herpderps...

this is not a QQ but while archers has wog and stealth (also 2x leaps awaken and bv), sins has stealth DN tidal and focused mind (sage subsea and cod aswell), seekers has adrenal numbness SS and qpq, psys has SoStun SoSil white voodoo...

what does wizs have? purgeable demon stone barrier on top of 2.5k phys def if on r9r3 gears??

lol you don't really know what you are talking about. wiz is one of the best 1v1 classes when both have same full +12 josd 3rd r9. psys are completely not a threat due to their relatively low dps on arcanes and lack of major damage boosts. seekers can hit hard with the selfbuff qpq combo, but they also lack much defenses against wizards. The only class I can see giving wizards some trouble are sins, barbs, and bms, but no class have a huge advantage over wiz in 1v1.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lol you don't really know what you are talking about. wiz is one of the best 1v1 classes when both have same full +12 josd 3rd r9. psys are completely not a threat due to their relatively low dps on arcanes and lack of major damage boosts. seekers can hit hard with the selfbuff qpq combo, but they also lack much defenses against wizards. The only class I can see giving wizards some trouble are sins, barbs, and bms, but no class have a huge advantage over wiz in 1v1.
    i dont think you realize that it is too early to say, because there just isnt enough pple to fight that are full +12 josd 3rd r9 full herpderp ringneckunderwearlv9000 combo. Sure theres a good bunch of pple but will know if your right when this build becomes common place like how TT90s use to get. Basically youll know your answer if you fight a TW with everyone as the same exact refines and complete gear combo as you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I got a question... on ecatomb there's new sets of gears, one for each class, all with different appearances and they're are titled "Sirens of War".
    Are they somehow gonna be in the next content update ?
    A set for each class sounds alot like rank gear to me... R10 ? o.o

Link: http://ecatomb.net/armor-rod.php

Sorry if I missed something, but I'm sure they're aren't in the game, yet they are titled "Sirens of War"...
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    That's China's third cast R9 armor.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    i dont think you realize that it is too early to say, because there just isnt enough pple to fight that are full +12 josd 3rd r9 full herpderp ringneckunderwearlv9000 combo. Sure theres a good bunch of pple but will know if your right when this build becomes common place like how TT90s use to get. Basically youll know your answer if you fight a TW with everyone as the same exact refines and complete gear combo as you.

yes but i've been to the other server and pked there too, and as far as I could tell from fighting ppl there wiz is still one of the best.
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

i am talking about equally geared chars not a 98 def lvl on jones blessing r9r3 wizard...

psy aren't a threat? maybe really bad psys arent... lets say u 1on1 a psy with your same gear... okay he sits in white and r8r weapon with soul of stunning on... u trigger his 13 secs stun... psy switches to black voodoo r9r3 weapon... you press badge and undine spark... okay atm:

he sealed you if u didnt will surge then

he can psy will\bubble and remove debuffs
    he can soulburn you and you have just to kite
    he can earth vector you
    or he can just return sit in his 200 def levels for more 30 secs then stun you again for 14 secs and then gg gf

low dps arcanes then... dafq, psys have the fastest base chanelling of all arcanes...

a seeker with your gears if he puts a magdef neck maybe doesnt afktank you but something very similar to that... (with new gears i am sure seeker can touch 180 def lvl on 30k hp) undine spark? ice prison tea 3 spark? -> qpq -> zerk or crit or zerkcrit -> gg

archers once they purged you its a gg

bms can be a pain in the *** too but both dph and dps sins can still herpderp any kind of wizard atm.

i repeat wizards need sustain. they have slowest channelling and the only def boost wizzie have is kind of a joke if compared to other classes (DN TP\FM, invoke and new panda skill, adrenal numb qpq, wog condor, white voodoo sos sost soulb will bubble, plume shell, marrows, even useless mystics have a shield xD)

i know mooo you are kind of happy of your char atm, cause i am sure yours is the top1 wizard all over pwi servers... but the other 99,9% of wizards is still herpderped in equally geared 1on1s and mass pvps
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i am talking about equally geared chars not a 98 def lvl on jones blessing r9r3 wizard...

psy aren't a threat? maybe really bad psys arent... lets say u 1on1 a psy with your same gear... okay he sits in white and r8r weapon with soul of stunning on... u trigger his 13 secs stun... psy switches to black voodoo r9r3 weapon... you press badge and undine spark... okay atm:

he sealed you if u didnt will surge then

he can psy will\bubble and remove debuffs
    he can soulburn you and you have just to kite
    he can earth vector you
    or he can just return sit in his 200 def levels for more 30 secs then stun you again for 14 secs and then gg gf

low dps arcanes then... dafq, psys have the fastest base chanelling of all arcanes...

a seeker with your gears if he puts a magdef neck maybe doesnt afktank you but something very similar to that... (with new gears i am sure seeker can touch 180 def lvl on 30k hp) undine spark? ice prison tea 3 spark? -> qpq -> zerk or crit or zerkcrit -> gg

archers once they purged you its a gg

bms can be a pain in the *** too but both dph and dps sins can still herpderp any kind of wizard atm.

i repeat wizards need sustain. they have slowest channelling and the only def boost wizzie have is kind of a joke if compared to other classes (DN TP\FM, invoke and new panda skill, adrenal numb qpq, wog condor, white voodoo sos sost soulb will bubble, plume shell, marrows, even useless mystics have a shield xD)

i know mooo you are kind of happy of your char atm, cause i am sure yours is the top1 wizard all over pwi servers... but the other 99,9% of wizards is still herpderped in equally geared 1on1s and mass pvps

You're an idiot if you think the wizard defensive skills are a joke
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • taringa181
    edited December 2012
    You're an idiot if you think the wizard defensive skills are a joke

and you are an idiot making useless replies instead of debating opinions
  • Eledelelele - Lost City
    Eledelelele - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    and you are an idiot making useless replies instead of debating opinions

you have no clue about this game ijs
  • taringa181
    edited December 2012
    you have no clue about this game ijs

omfg more *******?
    if u have better point of view lemme know it.

prolly u are the one with no clue indeed ;)
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Lol.. have you even played a wizard?

Were you expelled from hogwarts for being utterly useless?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • taringa181
    edited December 2012
    ...said the sage archer

so since u are that pro put on fraps how you faceroll an endgame josd psychic 1on1 on own buffs or at least show me what would u try to do...

im just seeing useless trashtalk from non-wizards and no constructive opinions

wizards needs sustain imo, all classes has damage shields or def lvl boosts or antiCC, wizard doesnt,
    at r9r3 u have 8% purify chance that is still nothing compared to 60% sos+8% purify on psy + 14 seconds stun + 50k soulforce soulburn,

or sage seeker r8r wpn, omalley, sage adrenal (180 dlvl) sa qpq switch r9r3 weapon jones and nuke (200 atk lvl 120 def lvl for 15 seconds? and zerkcrits?)

or deaden nerves tidal\focused @ 100 atk lvl 70 def lvl 5 aps gofcrit sins, also 200 atk lvl dph sins with sage subsea?

doesnt a wiz need something to counter at least those?
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    guys, chill.

I don't want this thread to be locked because it descended into flaming each other

I already took off that suggestions thread, no point in debating it anymore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    Rerum - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can you guys take your silly flame war somewhere else?

On topic:

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20121227/68881.shtml

Relevant google translated information: b:surrender

PWC is about to launch a new pet evolution system. Its veno's time to shine again b:laugh

Pets evolution system will allow the pet to inherit 5 status from his master:

HP
    Attack
    Defense
    Attack level
    Defense Level

How much each ability will be inherited is based on a "inherit coefficient" that will be completely random generated making each pet unique.

Furthermore the pets will have two customization more "Strong" and "Crazy", basically you can use these customization to improve pets offensive (Crazy) and tank (strong) capabilities of the pet further enforcing the uniqueness of the pet.

As if that were not enough, pets appearance will change with accessories, colors, flames etc.

The most important change is that each pet is unique so it can be possible to catch two sawflies, both with very different "inherit coefficient" and so different status.

So yea they are enforcing uniqueness on the pet system, the new system works like "Individual Values" system from Gotta catch 'em all, the system is scheduled for Early (probably January) 2013.
    How to play the game? 5.0 has the final say!!!
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ...said the sage archer

so since u are that pro put on fraps how you faceroll an endgame josd psychic 1on1 on own buffs or at least show me what would u try to do...

im just seeing useless trashtalk from non-wizards and no constructive opinions

wizards needs sustain imo, all classes has damage shields or def lvl boosts or antiCC, wizard doesnt,
    at r9r3 u have 8% purify chance that is still nothing compared to 60% sos+8% purify on psy + 14 seconds stun + 50k soulforce soulburn,

or sage seeker r8r wpn, omalley, sage adrenal (180 dlvl) sa qpq switch r9r3 weapon jones and nuke (200 atk lvl 120 def lvl for 15 seconds? and zerkcrits?)

or deaden nerves tidal\focused @ 100 atk lvl 70 def lvl 5 aps gofcrit sins, also 200 atk lvl dph sins with sage subsea?

doesnt a wiz need something to counter at least those?
    im sorry but this post screams of ineptitude on your part. PWI isn't some card turn based game you seem to think it is and noone drops with such trivial combos. check this thread before you make baseless QQ http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1516411
  • taringa181
    edited December 2012
    im sorry but this post screams of ineptitude on your part. PWI isn't some card turn based game you seem to think it is and noone drops with such trivial combos. check this thread before you make baseless QQ http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1516411

i've posted facts actually
    i watched videos and that sin embarassed the wizard, consider that he didnt even stealth...

i bet your main char is a fish b:laugh

i ll stop posting here cause its just a loss of time.

i would really like to c mooooo vs a full r9r3 +12 full josd + nw orns psychic that knows how to play his class... chances he wins are beyond 0
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012

On topic:

PWC is about to launch a new pet evolution system. Its veno's time to shine again b:laugh

HP
    Attack
    Defense
    Attack level
    Defense Level

How much each ability will be inherited is based on a "inherit coefficient" that will be completely random generated making each pet unique.

Furthermore the pets will have two customization more "Strong" and "Crazy", basically you can use these customization to improve pets offensive (Crazy) and tank (strong) capabilities of the pet further enforcing the uniqueness of the pet.

As if that were not enough, pets appearance will change with accessories, colors, flames etc.

The most important change is that each pet is unique so it can be possible to catch two sawflies, both with very different "inherit coefficient" and so different status.

So yea they are enforcing uniqueness on the pet system, the new system works like "Individual Values" system from Gotta catch 'em all, the system is scheduled for Early (probably January) 2013.
    That's a surprisingly large amount of content for venos. Still I don't think any amount of pet tinkering is going to bring them on par with some of the more broken classes out there so I don't see the point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

On topic:

HP
    Attack
    Defense
    Attack level
    Defense Level

So i have to buy 10 nixes to have a better inherit coeficient? Or will the legendaries have a constant inherit coeficient?
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    i've posted facts actually
    i watched videos and that sin embarassed the wizard, consider that he didnt even stealth...

i bet your main char is a fish b:laugh

i ll stop posting here cause its just a loss of time.

i would really like to c mooooo vs a full r9r3 +12 full josd + nw orns psychic that knows how to play his class... chances he wins are beyond 0

you do realize a +12 r9rr psy would hit only 5-6k crits with water skills. Earth skills does like half the damage. Soulburn would tick for less than 2k each. The only chance the psy has against wiz is using 3 spark when wiz is sos stunned and badge fails or tide with a string of crits.

Also wiz can hit psy for over 12k crits in white voodoo.

Anyways back to topic. So it looks like these updates are just for veno and barb or are there new updates for other classes too that they haven't disclosed yet?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't think any other skill updates have been released yet but I think they're on the way.

Stuff that should be added to the first post
    1) Drastically bigger NW map is coming http://i4.minus.com/imGY1RPm2NfXX.png
    2) Service that lets you change the manufacture signature on items (uses a boutique item, cost is per letter)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Cathea - Raging Tide
    Cathea - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ima be a good lookin veno finally "dances happily"
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I heard they are going to change the pet system, have you seen anything about it?
    edited December 2012
    I heard they are going to change the pet system, have you seen anything about it?
    you should read the top of this page... b:surrender
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited December 2012
    1) Drastically bigger NW map is coming http://i4.minus.com/imGY1RPm2NfXX.png
    is it just me or is it obvious they started drawing the map from the right
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012

On topic:

HP
    Attack
    Defense
    Attack level
    Defense Level

Somehow, the first thing this made me think of was IVs and Pokemon... b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Somehow, the first thing this made me think of was IVs and Pokemon... b:surrender

I welcome a feature like this to all classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mike_Hunt - Sanctuary
    Mike_Hunt - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    PWI...... Don't Be Ridiculous....... IF YA GONNA ADD NEW FORMS MAKE THE FORMS BASED ON WHAT THE CHARCTERS LOOK LIKE..... WOLF BARBS TURN INTO WOLVES.... CAT VENOS TURN INTO CATS...... Don't Be Ridiculous Don't Be Ridiculous Don't Be Ridiculous Don't Be Ridiculous Don't Be Ridiculous Don't Be Ridiculous Don't Be Ridiculous Don't Be Ridiculous Don't Be Ridiculous Don't Be Ridiculous
  • Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear
    Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Anyone else think the New Panda form looks... undesirable lol
    Rawr!! Pure vit barb FTW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the awesome siggy!! Your a babe!
This discussion has been closed.