Nation War, More than 20 vs 20

Options

Comments

• RavenFyre - Lost City
    RavenFyre - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    @ f31 the one acc per ip is unfair tbh as many like myself may be playing on this game with their hubby/wife/family etc. Both me an my hubby played in NW we share a router so have same ip address so why should we have to choose who played NW if it was one acc per ip? But i agree there needs to be more action taken on afk alts and the increased multiclienting that is inherently abused in NW and tbh quite honest asking players to SS and send tickets is like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted, this needs dealing with sooner rather than later
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Even with 30 vs 30 or 40 vs 40, the problem will still occur. Instead, I propose that landlock be made impossible by making it possible to bypass territories that are at war and are full. Therefore, if all lands adjacent to your base is full, you can still keep attacking other territories. Otherwise, the entire nation is getting punished during a land lock if it just happens that the people defending and attacking the adjacent lands cannot hold their own in the battle.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Wampirewoman - Harshlands
    Wampirewoman - Harshlands Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Why not to enter in NW in squads? I always play with my friends and we know how to play together as a team . For sure i don't want to play with random people in NW and to miss my squad buffs that allow me to stay more alive .
    Yes, most of people in my team are R9 ( cs , farmed , or w/e ) but each and everyone of us does his job . For me as a cleric i know i have someone to save me most of the times and they know they have a healer buffer with them . Why should I be forced to play with people that just scream for buffs and heals but don't give a **** if i am attacked .
    Instead of qq-ing about the fact that people go in NW in squads u should try to make a squad that knows to play together and mostly their class and u can see how easy and fun it is except the times when u get separated or squads get split in 3 different lands .b:chuckle

I don't agree with alts in NV but seems that is another story and something close to impossible to fix.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I actually don't want to see territory denial disappear completely as it adds a very interesting strategic aspect. If you engage a territory then the opponents won't be able to cross that territory to defend land farther away. This makes that land easier to take for your nation since the opponents can't reinforce.

If you are too aggressive though behind enemy lines then the land could close up behind you which means your squad won't be getting any reinforcements. The NW map can actually make a good strategy game similar to Go. Really there is a lot more strategy than with TW but you can't really coordinate your whole nation when it is filled with so many different kinds of players.

THIS

I also agree with SMASHnHEAL in that a nation chat would really add to the strategic aspect of this event.

@TheDendra - Leaving aside the references to ... I do think you make a good point about PvP farming. Except that what you're proposing here is a completely different thing to NW (it really is) and one that opens the door to plenty of ways to abuse and game the system. Also, you simply can't have a feature available 24/7 providing rewards comparable to those we are getting on Nation Wars.

Now, as for getting a "bad" nation, if you can't accept that some you win and some you loose, I did address what you can do about it on my previous post. The whole point to this being random is precisely to foster balance. The problem with being locked inside your base is being addressed and in a way that avoids the scenario you describe since there will always be more players than available spots in battles for any nation that's not actively expanding.

I think a lot of the criticism here is really missing the point that there is a strategic aspect to NW and apparently what many people would like is simply non-stop battle with rewards based on individual achievement... Which is very much the reason previous PvP events have failed. Do you think giving supply tokens as rewards is going to make the Theater of Blood popular when its only one squad that gets to win it? Take Dragon Temple, the rewards are potentially pretty awesome (b:sweat rare pet skills do sell for quite a bit) especially in pre-NW terms, yet it was never a popular event except for the crowd already doing open world PKing, and even amongst them its only the people specialized on this type of farming that you could consider regulars. I've certainly seen West Gate and SP bravado on WC while these events are active... TW has always been a preserve for the top percentile precisely because they get to choose their teams and rather than a frenzy to be a part of it what I see is the larger part of the population (even now that high levels are the norm) indifferent to this activity. People need to understand this is not TW and that is not about who's the top 1v1 PvPer, but that this comes to which of four groups of random players can better work together.

Edit; And on bypassing territories, I simply don't agree. This pretty much trashes any atempt at working out a strategy based on position, which is pretty much what the whole affair is about.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I actually don't want to see territory denial disappear completely as it adds a very interesting strategic aspect. If you engage a territory then the opponents won't be able to cross that territory to defend land farther away. This makes that land easier to take for your nation since the opponents can't reinforce.

If you are too aggressive though behind enemy lines then the land could close up behind you which means your squad won't be getting any reinforcements. The NW map can actually make a good strategy game similar to Go. Really there is a lot more strategy than with TW but you can't really coordinate your whole nation when it is filled with so many different kinds of players.
    most pple just want easier stuff astypoo :o just like how TW flocks to the same factions. I dont like waiting at base @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Not allowing squads to queue together will take away a lot of the appeal to NW. A lot of us only play to have fun with our friends because the game itself has pretty much become pointless. Even though the money to be made in this event is ridiculous, I probably wouldn't go out of my way to come if I had to gamble for the chance to play with my friends, and I'm quite sure I'm not alone in thinking that. For many of us there is simply no point if we can't be with at least some of our friends.

As for instances filling up, I think the new map will solve that. I agree with Ast's post on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Even with 30 vs 30 or 40 vs 40, the problem will still occur. Instead, I propose that landlock be made impossible by making it possible to bypass territories that are at war and are full. Therefore, if all lands adjacent to your base is full, you can still keep attacking other territories. Otherwise, the entire nation is getting punished during a land lock if it just happens that the people defending and attacking the adjacent lands cannot hold their own in the battle.

+9001 to this. When you've been base trapped 2 times for 15 minute+ you know why we want this!
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Options
    @MANray_ Ay, here's the problem, for you cannot assume a random nation of 300 would be nearly as decent as an experienced faction of 80. How many people are willing to take 80 random people off world chat and have great confidence that you will defeat the strongest faction on your server in TW? This is why I made a post that ask for opinion on a contribution based ranking as opposed to purely gear based. But it was filed into the suggestions forum. If you truly want cooperation and strategy then squads should be able to be qued together when entering a battlefield.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Not allowing squads to queue together will take away a lot of the appeal to NW. A lot of us only play to have fun with our friends because the game itself has pretty much become pointless. Even though the money to be made in this event is ridiculous, I probably wouldn't go out of my way to come if I had to gamble for the chance to play with my friends, and I'm quite sure I'm not alone in thinking that. For many of us there is simply no point if we can't be with at least some of our friends.

As for instances filling up, I think the new map will solve that. I agree with Ast's post on it.

While this may hold true for a lot of people, I personally am at the other end. I find it fun to come up against friends and people from the same faction and laugh at some of the responses in faction chat or the pms I get. I have only squaded for a couple of the wars so far and the times I was squaded I found I rarely made it to the same instance later on after the first 30mins.

I too get annoyed at times not being able to get into a battle and being sent back to base. Being able to "walk" over occupied lands makes no sense in a situation like this. First you need to break through the first line of defence before you can head into enemy territory. I know in pwi we have flying mounts and wings but it would defeat the concept of NW.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    My biggest gripe with the NW system is the mechanic that boots you back to base if the territory you're moving to becomes unavailable. It should bump you back to the territory you were coming from, as if you clicked cancel a few seconds before. It's one thing to get booted if you lose and get ousted from your territory, but it's just lame to be on a roll and screwed because some guy from a 3rd nation initiates combat with the next territory you were planning on conquering seconds before you get there.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    @MANray_ Ay, here's the problem, for you cannot assume a random nation of 300 would be nearly as decent as an experienced faction of 80. How many people are willing to take 80 random people off world chat and have great confidence that you will defeat the strongest faction on your server in TW? This is why I made a post that ask for opinion on a contribution based ranking as opposed to purely gear based. But it was filed into the suggestions forum. If you truly want cooperation and strategy then squads should be able to be qued together when entering a battlefield.

I don't agree. Even if squads are qued (and I don't think they should be) you should still have to work with whoever else lands on your side. It's not unlike working with random squads on PvE content, which even if I realize most forum posters are apparently loath to do, is to me the best measure of your actual skills. Its precisely when you have to work with strangers that your ability to think and act fast comes in play. How good are you at orienting yourself and finding/forming groups on your side? How well do you work with others whose ability and endurance (levels/gear) are unknown to you? How good are you at solo PKing versus groups? And can you make kills that will make a difference for your side?

Oh yes, you could have full squads or even small teams of R9r (Archer, Barb) just breezing through well drilled flag captures while the rest of the players in a battle just run like headless chickens PKing each other, and I reckon at this point of time this is a strategy that could very well score big for a nation, but as we all progress and get more experience a moment is simply going to come when the battles truly become a test. And its not going to be just coordination that wins these ones (you can't skype at a moment's notice with whoever lands on your side on any given battle) but the ability to make fast calls and cooperate with others, to only take on certain roles if you can actually stand the heat, and to provide adequate support for people whose plan you're mostly guessing at. If you don't develop these skills you'll eventually become a liability for your side and may become largely responsable for territory loss if you consistently underperform, which is safe to say may very well always be the case for a certain percentage of the population, so that battles and the larger war, are really going to come down to you.

And I'll say it openly, people who are only going to have their friend's backs I don't want on my side. Even if you're R9rrr I'd rather you make room for a lowbie that's at least trying than have you get in the way of those of us working together when the other side starts acting as a well coordinated team, because then it really is no different than the ubergeared type that wipes a squad because he can't control aggro. Yes, its very touching that you love your dear friends and want to share your playtime with them, but if you'll be healing or protecting them over the people taking on the tough jobs (eg flag carriers, players holding off multiples, effective snipers) then all you and your friends will accomplish is to noob it up as a team...
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    While this may hold true for a lot of people, I personally am at the other end. I find it fun to come up against friends and people from the same faction and laugh at some of the responses in faction chat or the pms I get. I have only squaded for a couple of the wars so far and the times I was squaded I found I rarely made it to the same instance later on after the first 30mins.

I too get annoyed at times not being able to get into a battle and being sent back to base. Being able to "walk" over occupied lands makes no sense in a situation like this. First you need to break through the first line of defence before you can head into enemy territory. I know in pwi we have flying mounts and wings but it would defeat the concept of NW.

Nah, I would enjoy it just as much playing against my friends as playing with them, but if the system is all random then even that is a gamble. I know I made it sound like I just want to buddybuddy up with people I know, but that isn't the case. I simply like playing with people I know, whether they are on my team or the opposing team. When I d/ced at the startup one nation war and ended up in a different nation, I basically ran solo the whole two hours and I only landed in an instance against my friends once the whole time. It was excruciatingly boring, playing with and against nameless people I don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Its not simply walking over lands its more like if your members are the ones in tht given battle they are basically a diversion for more enemy(aka YOU)troops to sneak across to get to another land or at least that is how i view it. If they add a way to "sneak" across a currently raging battle i think there should be a failure rate becus frankly **** doesnt allways work out. The failure rate should be on a person to person basis so if you fail at geting across there will be a certian cooldown period of lets say 3 minutes tell you can try again. But even if you fail some other people could still successfully get across. the failure rate i think it should be about some where between 25% up to 50% some where in that range.

The event npc shouldnt let people in if they are sqauded and well in the event it should be impossible to sqaud other people so it is truely random. This way you will actually have to learn to work with other people so it will actually be a dam challenge and not easy as hell because you got all your highly geared buddies behind your ***.

Not sure if its possible because i dont know **** about coding but to combat the alt problem couldnt the devs do something to where lets say that given character hasent moved or nothin has been clicked the whole time then they would be kicked out or logged off.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I would be great if a nation chat option was available as coordinating these attacks would be key. Instead we get world chats from random people calling out ganks on the strongest nation at the time.

There is a nation chat. Use "$" or the trade channel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I don't like being blocked in base with nowhere to go. Would like it to be action filled so I can go in and kill people!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I don't agree. Even if squads are qued (and I don't think they should be) you should still have to work with whoever else lands on your side. It's not unlike working with random squads on PvE content, which even if I realize most forum posters are apparently loath to do, is to me the best measure of your actual skills. Its precisely when you have to work with strangers that your ability to think and act fast comes in play. How good are you at orienting yourself and finding/forming groups on your side? How well do you work with others whose ability and endurance (levels/gear) are unknown to you? How good are you at solo PKing versus groups? And can you make kills that will make a difference for your side?

Oh yes, you could have full squads or even small teams of R9r (Archer, Barb) just breezing through well drilled flag captures while the rest of the players in a battle just run like headless chickens PKing each other, and I reckon at this point of time this is a strategy that could very well score big for a nation, but as we all progress and get more experience a moment is simply going to come when the battles truly become a test. And its not going to be just coordination that wins these ones (you can't skype at a moment's notice with whoever lands on your side on any given battle) but the ability to make fast calls and cooperate with others, to only take on certain roles if you can actually stand the heat, and to provide adequate support for people whose plan you're mostly guessing at. If you don't develop these skills you'll eventually become a liability for your side and may become largely responsable for territory loss if you consistently underperform, which is safe to say may very well always be the case for a certain percentage of the population, so that battles and the larger war, are really going to come down to you.

And I'll say it openly, people who are only going to have their friend's backs I don't want on my side. Even if you're R9rrr I'd rather you make room for a lowbie that's at least trying than have you get in the way of those of us working together when the other side starts acting as a well coordinated team, because then it really is no different than the ubergeared type that wipes a squad because he can't control aggro. Yes, its very touching that you love your dear friends and want to share your playtime with them, but if you'll be healing or protecting them over the people taking on the tough jobs (eg flag carriers, players holding off multiples, effective snipers) then all you and your friends will accomplish is to noob it up as a team...

I will elaborate on my position.

Ignoring the queing of squads for now. Let's assume you are alone in a fight. You realise that the opposing team is half decent, while to your dismay, your team doesn't know what a flag is. Now the odds are heavily stacked against you. Can you pull it through alone?

While your actual skill is to an extent measured by being alone, it is rather unrealistic to say that it is a precise or even a best measurement of your skill. 1 v 10 is not something easily achieved unless you're full r9 and the other team is in TT90 or something. Sure, to an extent it displays your ability to adjust on the fly and solo pk against groups, but how far can you go? 1 v 2 likely, 1 v 5, possibly, 1 v 10 maybe, 1 v 20? You can't assume that everyone who does this event understands how to cooperate, or is even willing to cooperate. Yeah, if everyone cooperates then it truly demonstrates that you got skills. What if they refuse to cooperate? Can you force them to cooperate?

Lets go back to the fight. We can be lucky that at least one person knows what to do. And maybe one or two people might listen to you occasionally. Now the next fight comes and you don't manage to get in. Now no one in the fight knows what to do. You look around you and realize you're trapped and all the fights are full. Too bad no one in there knows how to achieve a victory. Or if someone did, no one is willing to listen. Now you're stuck and have to wait 15 minutes for the fights to clear up. So does this mean that you aren't skilled because you got stuck due to your team refusing to cooperate?

Somehow that happened to Light Nation. We were constantly loosing attacks that were right next to our base and 90% of us had no where to go, only praying that people in the fights knew what they were doing.

Your entire position is based on the assumption that everyone else is willing to cooperate. However, that is not always the case. Just ask some of my friends that had the misfortune to be the only person trying to capture the flag and getting ganked by 10 other people while they received no support. And that is why it is suggested to bypass lands. Because this way an entire nation would not be held up by 60 or so people defending the last lands we have left while they have no idea what to do, and refuse to cooperate.

You said it yourself. You don't want people who won't cooperate. Too bad we can't choose whether or not we get people who will cooperate.

You can't have strategy or tactics without first establishing cooperation. This is why TWs usually have a leader and this is why the people who gets to attend are people who are willing to cooperate.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    **** Nation Wars, worst thing to add to the game ever, Ruined my Nirvana Fortune Maker
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I will elaborate on my position.

Ignoring the queing of squads for now. Let's assume you are alone in a fight. You realise that the opposing team is half decent, while to your dismay, your team doesn't know what a flag is. Now the odds are heavily stacked against you. Can you pull it through alone?

That's a rather arrogant presumption on your part. Do you think the guys in the other nation are not dealing with the very same handicap as you? And even if your team doesn't have a clue what a flag is (and seriously in what kind of server are you that there's even a chance you'll get landed with 19 incompetents?) they will be trying to PK the other guys, and maybe prove more than half decent doing that. My point is I don't go through life thinking everyone who's not my friend is an idiot.

While your actual skill is to an extent measured by being alone, it is rather unrealistic to say that it is a precise or even a best measurement of your skill. 1 v 10 is not something easily achieved unless you're full r9 and the other team is in TT90 or something. Sure, to an extent it displays your ability to adjust on the fly and solo pk against groups, but how far can you go? 1 v 2 likely, 1 v 5, possibly, 1 v 10 maybe, 1 v 20? You can't assume that everyone who does this event understands how to cooperate, or is even willing to cooperate. Yeah, if everyone cooperates then it truly demonstrates that you got skills. What if they refuse to cooperate? Can you force them to cooperate?

The thing is you're not alone. I don't get to be with 5 noobs on even the worst random squads... There's bound to be at least a couple of decent players and there's a good chance they'll be fighting around the pits because that's where the other guys are going to be... Even then, you're not going to be dealing with all 20 vs you, If you can "possibly" deal with five, then you can wipe out the group camping the spot and grab the flag before the rest of their team gets there. At the very least the guys drooling over their keyboards while their toons are stuck running into trees will serve as cover and cannon fodder.

Lets go back to the fight. We can be lucky that at least one person knows what to do. And maybe one or two people might listen to you occasionally. Now the next fight comes and you don't manage to get in. Now no one in the fight knows what to do. You look around you and realize you're trapped and all the fights are full. Too bad no one in there knows how to achieve a victory. Or if someone did, no one is willing to listen. Now you're stuck and have to wait 15 minutes for the fights to clear up. So does this mean that you aren't skilled because you got stuck due to your team refusing to cooperate?

And your nation has lost because YOU couldn't make it to just one battle? As I explained earlier heavy spawn camping and blocking nations will select the strongest fighters as those won't be getting booted back to base after getting repeatedly PK'ed. Those who make it out of those fights will be closer to new battlefields than the rest, so they'll move together.

Somehow that happened to Light Nation. We were constantly loosing attacks that were right next to our base and 90% of us had no where to go, only praying that people in the fights knew what they were doing.

I was in Sanctuary's Light nation last Sunday and Flame got us locked to only 4 battles, then we started winning (they messed up spawn camping and speeded things up) and Flame ended up LAST after having completely blocked us and being 1st place for a good part of the night. Rather than praying you should have been mousing over territories in order to figure out when to start clicking to improve your chances of making it into battle. By the end we had managed enough wins finding battles was no longer an issue...

Your entire position is based on the assumption that everyone else is willing to cooperate. However, that is not always the case. Just ask some of my friends that had the misfortune to be the only person trying to capture the flag and getting ganked by 10 other people while they received no support. And that is why it is suggested to bypass lands. Because this way an entire nation would not be held up by 60 or so people defending the last lands we have left while they have no idea what to do, and refuse to cooperate.

Your entire position is based on the assumption most players are selfish incompetents. However, that is not always the case. But let's say your scenario comes true and the bottom of the barrel does somehow manage to all get together on the same side (except you, of course, who for some strange reason are exceptional) then that side really does deserve to lose and come last. Tough break for you buddy, but this a team effort and your team lost. Bypassing territories would shift the focus from strategy to winning as many battles as you can. There is an enormous potential for abuse in this and it kills any need to actually cooperate with others as this would allow you to essentially make a strong 10-15 person team and get most of those guys in the same territory. I'm not getting into the particulars of all the ways you could cheat doing this but I trust you to be smart enough to get the picture. Yes, we all hate depending on others and it really sucks when they're letting you down. But this is the reason game developers spend so much time trying to get you out of your comfort zone and "force" you to have fun.

You said it yourself. You don't want people who won't cooperate. Too bad we can't choose whether or not we get people who will cooperate.

Yes, I don't want people out to get their own. But I'm pretty sure even the more selfish players eventually do come to realize at some point it is in their best interest to cooperate. And I really don't mind giving people the chance, its the risk that makes it fun. Yes, there's people I don't want on my side but I'll have to deal with them, won't I?

You can't have strategy or tactics without first establishing cooperation. This is why TWs usually have a leader and this is why the people who gets to attend are people who are willing to cooperate.

Here's the thing, yes you can. You can have a decent number of players on every side that pretty much have a clue and that can help direct things for the greater good. And the way to do this is through smart choices (eg which territories to attack when you do get the chance) and occasionally sacrifices. The side that gets the more good players stands a better chance of winning. And seriously man, TW? We obviously do have a very different view of how it works if you're using it as an example.

Hope I didn't come off as overly aggressive and I truly don't mean to turn this into too much of a heated debate. But this whole "everyone else is an idiot" attitude, and I'm only saying that's how you're coming across to me, is something I don't buy. It maybe that I make a lot of mistakes and there's been a lot of people (not just my friends or guildies) who have my back, and not just irl but I'm talking in-game here.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Let's make it easier.
    Why to go in a land where people don't have a clue what they must do?
    Once i got separated from my squad and i was trapped in a fight where only lvl 70+ took the flag even when i said to leave it for someone stronger...that guy was constantly 1 shot and stubborn also . I tried to buff people in the area but when i was under attack no one gave a **** about me . So yeah i like my team ... that knows what to do .
    And gimme 1 good reason why i should enjoy squading with tt90 or something similar geared .
    I was there , I know it's hard but hell my gears evolved and i want to enjoy this with people that i can count on . It sucks to be tt60-90 and 1 shot by better geared people ... but this is the game ( trust me i know what means to be 1 shot by better geared people ),
    it's a competition in NW .
    For sure i don't want to play charity for a better world and for more flower power for everyone on pwi and all that assuming all people know to play their class and that they know their skills .b:thanks
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Let's make it easier.
    Once i got separated from my squad and i was trapped in a fight where only lvl 70+ took the flag even when i said to leave it for someone stronger...that guy was constantly 1 shot and stubborn also . I tried to buff people in the area but when i was under attack no one gave a **** about me . So yeah i like my team ... that knows what to do .
    And gimme 1 good reason why i should enjoy squading with tt90 or something similar geared .
    I was there , I know it's hard but hell my gears evolved and i want to enjoy this with people that i can count on . It sucks to be tt60-90 and 1 shot by better geared people ... but this is the game ( trust me i know what means to be 1 shot by better geared people ),
    For sure i don't want to play charity for a better world and for more flower power for everyone on pwi and all that assuming all people know to play their class and that they know their skills .b:thanks

What's wrong with flower power? Established players feeling entitled to have everything cater to them is one of the reasons population in this game is steadily declining, how's that for a reason? If you don't like it go TW or join any of the other PvP events which no one cares about because only people with "decent" endgame gets to participate. If despite owning +12'd triple cast R9 with full JOSD (otherwise why would those people have to play with YOU) you're too greedy to pass up NW, suck it up. You're ubergeared but couldn't afford charger orbs or holy path on your genie to beat that 7xer to the flag? And why would you even notice if people care about you when you're so 1337?
    edited December 2012
    Options
    b:shocked Who said i am +12 josd and stuff? not even close b:chuckle
    Oh right as a cleric for sure i can run fast as hell to all 3 spawn points of the flag ( and yeah i have holy path and charger orbs ) but good luck beating someone that is on the spawn point of flag already .
    Some people enjoy fashion in this game , some enjoy to sit on a spot and spam wc , some love the drama , some like to farm HH ( TT ), nirvana and other caves , and there are some that enjoy to develop their characters and play with their friends .
    Since we are different somehow doesn't mean i must agree with u or that u have to like my point of view .
    This is my opinion .

Oh yeah not 3rd cast also....hell not even 2nd .
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    the rest of the players in a battle just run like headless chickens PKing each other

guess what...thats what really happenes....being in a squad allows u not to get that all the time.

u remember tt runs were u had to explain to every random ppl what to do? that is why u formed friends to farm with....that is why in NW i preffer to go with a squad that i know how to play with rather than teach or get angry with a powerlvled 1 shot try to take the flag wasting my time squishi
  • thegreatgargame
    thegreatgargame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If they changed the time of the NW there would be less people doing it = more free spots to play with.

Win-Win situation! b:pleased
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I still think NW should be on self/squad performance instead of nation simply cus of the amount of alts people bring. IF they did that bringing alts would be completely pointless and people wouldnt get stuck as much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • f31
    f31 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Let's make it easier.

all i hear from you is i want to one shoot ppl with tt90 lowlies and the like.
    sorry but that is what it sound like.
    and removing party is exactly for ur kinda attitude wish it should be random.
    this is not tw where all the best geared player get to one big faction to faceroll the rest.

this is nw and random will make it really balanced. what i can see them doing is having a new channel open for each side so ppl can form party in there side hell i beat one of them will have one or two great faction leader.

random MEAN no one side will have the best r9rrr players

personally i love random its funy when i see who my side have for players and i always go solo and i can make party inside NW

it feel so funy hearing how cash chopper are the one who dont want to get in nw solo and farm nw party inside the nw.
    ur bound to meet a few of ur OP r9 rrr friends just not all of them.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle And here we go again.
    Some want random no squading and some want squads and play with their long time friends . Easy as that . I farmed my r9 in time .... years so yeah after being from 2009 on a PVP server for sure i enjoy the power now .
    For real it's a game and i take it as competition . For sure i am no flower power but i don't deny those who are .
    Why u can't understand that we are different and we have different goals in game . Not all see the fun in same way . But if u don't agree with me at least use a decent language . Cos "suck on it" and all these words i can put together also, but does it worth it for a game to get so personal ? So much anger and so much rage on forums.b:bye

Oh and please if u don't know my cleric from Harslands don't assume i am full r9+12 josd 3rd cast and whatever i missed . I am no cs but i don't consider them so bad like most of people see them cos thanks to them f2p exist in this game .
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Don't bring so many alts (dual clienting) into NW and more people will have fun b:victory
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    There should be some kind of balance between preventing 100+ players being stuck in base, and the ability of strategically preventing the openents of reinforcement.

On one hand, the ability to prevent reinforcement is one of the elements of creating NW skills and possibly give rooms for clever leaders to rise to position and such which are good things that can lead to more possibilities which could further rejuvinate the game. On the other hand, in its current state, we will lose the number of people taking part in NW from getting bored of sitting around base doing nothing further down the track if improvement aren't make.

However, the new map made for PWCN looks like a step backward though imo.

Instead of increasing 20v20 number or the number of land, what if you just increase the number of lands near the base and increase movement speed out of base or reduce speed of offense as they get closer to the base with the intentions of reducing the number of people getting stuck standing around doing nothing but make it harder with the intention of allowing only the clever stratagy will succeed of preventing oponets reinforcement.

Edit. Correction. The new map looks very good.
  • Aiwana - Harshlands
    Aiwana - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Okei, let's build up some scenarios on the subject of random squads.

Everybody enters NW, buffed up and all. Everybody in their nation's base, now we can't see with who we are in the same land, we are all stealthed. Choose a land to attack, on whatever idea, get inside with whoever. There, what will you do? Yell "101 BM looking for squad!"! or go find a flag/protect the flag, kill the enemies for points?

Scenario 1: from 20 people inside, say 5 people squad up, if one person takes the initiative of making the squad and gets some others or small squads of 2-3 form up cause everybody starts squading? On what you basis you choose the people you invite? Say you know a couple of names, heard of them, or... everybody links weapons...? It goes back to that? Oke, here are many possibilities of what could happen when squading up.
    Now, it's a random squad, there's no time to time to tell anybody anything, everybody does how they see fit, you CAPS that somebody got the flag, follow to stop, they don't care. Or squad maybe stays together. War finishes, be it a win or a lose.
    What will happen now? happy case: there's somebody that calls the next land to go in and others follow, at least for a while. Bad case: some people want E5, some E6, some banana shake with mint on top. Squad breaks up, cause you can find new people in the next land. The entire thing repeats.

Scenario 2: Nobody squads in the first place. Stuff go well for the first couple of wars, when you still have buffs, then what happens? The strong ones ofc live more, they prolly advance on map, you got more chances to get sent back to base from too much dying.

In both cases, buffs... big issue.

Now lets stop thinking only about yourself and your gains, that you get killed by those big bad mean R9's. Put together a squad of friends that you know will work together and pick them out. They are strong, yes, some very strong, but not invincible. They can be forced out, the rules of the wars are the same for all, which is what makes it all fun.

Also, there's a balancing system, some say it's based on soulforce, which seems logical, or might be based on other criteria, who knows, but it exists. So not all OP people are in the same nation. You don't like meeting a full R9 squad in a skirmish? My squad doesn't like meeting those 3rd cast ranked +12 either, they hurt, but no QQ. All that's needed is somebody saying on vent: guys, if we lose, we'll be stuck in base. T screen, select said uber-OP player, chase him, stun him/them, keep them away from flag carrier, whoever that is.

Tbh, I'm in a sorta kinda fixed squad, and I like it like that. I find NW extremely fun, even tho I'm not extremely PVP obssessed, as I like the support side more (aka, i''m a cleric xD), and I don't get a big amount of tokens (and I wake up at 3 am to participate). I prefer it like that, I'd rather heal my squad beside attacking, rather than focusing on attack, but this is completely subjective, it's my own preference. And, as it was said before, I prefer knowing I can count on people to save my bum from pesky people and me saving them rather than blindly attackin. Also, I prefer making a strategy as to what to attack next and what to aim to and trying to keep the squad together rather than going in randomly. I simply like a certainty factor.

Also, on the subject of lowbies, nothing against them, as long as they dont go greedy for points and pick flag, wastin our time. But I think everybody agrees on that. But no, I don't wanna squad them, because I wouldnt be of much help to them, since they will practically get one shot, and they wouldnt be of any help to me.

There's so much hate on R9's. Or should I rather call it jelousy? I'm not R9, not even close, I have a very standard gear, but hey, they worked for it, be it in game, farming, be it in rl (and that way makin game free for us), so as long as they don't brag like brainless idiots, what's there to hate? Again, I think it's more like jelousy.

And to the argument of clerics picking up flags. Why? When somebody that would outlive me can pick it? I'll sit there nicely at flag and keep enemy away, as much as i can, the map isnt that big, then go protect flag. although I do have charger orbs for emergency, everybody in squad does.

Why take away the really fun factor of going with who you know and can communicate to and replace it for a meh fun?

And more lands, sounds very interesting. Atm, I'm bit confused as to what it could lead to, might make it better, might make it worse, we'll have to see and adapt strategies to the new situation. I hope it will improve.

/my way too many cents
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    They should rather make it like that if your squad leader joins one war the rest of the squad joins that war too. Or make a thing of where squad leader books places in wars for them and their squad