Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

Oh hey the dog doesn't look as gross anymore :3
    It's like a golden lab I think?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    b:shocked Cuddly pup grew up!

And that cactus is now gigantic...

b:sweat I guess it's a good thing kittens don't really increase that much in size.

b:sad But I don't want my Shaodu to turn into a naked Armoured Bear...

Overall, I've got to admit, it's a pretty good job and it would be near impossible for everyone to be satisfied with the results, although I do dread what this new model roulette may bring for my pets.

b:angry And why would ayone consider the Cuddly Pup gross?! Mongrels have always been my favourite type of dogs, not too large or too small, and generally the most loyal. Unlike the pedigree types most unfortunately undergo some form of hardship early in their lives, but even those that don't do for some reason seem to appreciate more being in a loving family. Adopt your pets, don't buy them.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    b:angry And why would ayone consider the Cuddly Pup gross?! Mongrels have always been my favourite type of dogs, not too large or too small, and generally the most loyal. Unlike the pedigree types most unfortunately undergo some form of hardship early in their lives, but even those that don't do for some reason seem to appreciate more being in a loving family. Adopt your pets, don't buy them.

I don't like dogs and I think puppies look gross in the same way most people think spiders look gross, that's how o_o I don't care about the pedigree breed thingy lol

I'm hoping that I can keep my grandfathered version of my cactus xD.
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If all they do is enlarge some of those veno pets, it'll be exactly like that DQ pig issue a year ago. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I don't like dogs and I think puppies look gross in the same way most people think spiders look gross, that's how o_o It's not 'cause it's some unpedigree or whatever breed it is, lol

I'm hoping that I can keep my grandfathered version of my cactus xD.

b:sad But how could any person not like dogs? Even the ugly ones are cute and I certainly wouldn't cuddle with tarantulas. It's like a kid not liking ice cream, or an adult man who doesn't like booze or women... Oh, wait, I see your point.

b:cute Well, to each his own.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    WOAH.
    Now I regret giving away my Armored Bear.
    And..I actually like the pup with that new look O.O
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    WOAH.
    Now I regret giving away my Armored Bear.
    And..I actually like the pup with that new look O.O

But the bear looks exactily the same just with the armour changed from silver to copper doesn't it x.x?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Probably, but the gold-copper coloured armour fits it so much better lol. It makes a contrast and looks way cooler.
  • dafuq222
    dafuq222 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I want to see the new forms of eldergoth, plumpfish and skatefish b:dirty
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Wow, I wish they would make the veno's pet bag a lot bigger (150 slots plz b:avoid) because I just want to see how pets look like, even I will probably will be using just the legendary petsb:chuckle
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Wow, I wish they would make the veno's pet bag a lot bigger (150 slots plz b:avoid) because I just want to see how pets look like, even I will probably will be using just the legendary petsb:chuckle

What, only 150? But what if we figure out that one trick with the swimmer/slowpoke trainer in Cerulean Gym/wherever the second guy is and get number 151 D:?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options

I agree with that. Seriously. We need more pet bag slots! Venomancers should have at least 15-20 pet slots as opposed to other classes b:scorn

I have a few pets in my bank that have been left as eggs for ages, only because I have no room in my pet bag for them b:cry Maybe I hardly ever use them but...still! I want my pets dammit.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Updates!

Pet appearances and stuff.

There is some information on the upgraded new pet system etc. and several pet appearances.
    From the looks of it, there might be pet accessories to change their appearance or something but that's just a wild guess.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Muito obrigado Desdi. b:thanks

It's pet gear they're discussing... The article does specifically mention weapons... Although it does seem to limit this to appearance. This is one development I don't appreciate right from the start and hope it's limited to a relatively straightforward and easy to acquire system such as that used by genies, otherwise it may very well become yet another burden (such as pet leveling) Venos alone must endure, alienating many current players in the class and forcing a steep entry barrier upon any new ones. That is if it has any effect on stats- On a second read, it apparently is only a comment on the new looks and does not necessarily imply any ability to customize.

Edit; Loving the new Scorp's color scheme, frog looks cool too.

Also, it apparently confirms the pet recast will be able to focus on either offense or defense. This one certainly benefits my current pet bag set up.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Muito obrigado Desdi. b:thanks

It's pet gear they're discussing... The article does specifically mention weapons... Although it does seem to limit this to appearance. This is one development I don't appreciate right from the start and hope it's limited to a relatively straightforward and easy to acquire system such as that used by genies, otherwise it may very well become yet another burden (such as pet leveling) Venos alone must endure, alienating many current players in the class and forcing a steep entry barrier upon any new ones. That is if it has any effect on stats- On a second read, it apparently is only a comment on the new looks and does not necessarily imply any ability to customize.

Edit; Loving the new Scorp's color scheme, frog looks cool too.

Also, it apparently confirms the pet recast will be able to focus on either offense or defense. This one certainly benefits my current pet bag set up.

2nd Edit; Oh, s***/ Apparently there will be a new random factor added when pets get the bonuses from the Veno's own stats. This is relatively inconsenquential for those just starting out using non-rares/legendaries, but it could mean those of us who have already worked hard leveling/skilling pets can be stuck with underperfoming pets. And seriously do they expect you to buy a new legendary pet every time you want to reroll this factor? I'm hoping they're adding some re-roll possibility, but even so, this is one that really does hurt us...

Sry for double post, meant to edit my earlier comment...
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Updates!

Pet appearances and stuff.

There is some information on the upgraded new pet system etc. and several pet appearances.
    From the looks of it, there might be pet accessories to change their appearance or something but that's just a wild guess.

Yeah, i would post some new imagesfrom this topic now: http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=2163684&extra=page%3D1

but PWBRChannel was faster than me kkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yeah, i would post some new imagesfrom this topic now: http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=2163684&extra=page%3D1

but PWBRChannel was faster than me kkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Thanks man, yours does include some new images.

Are the last images recasts of all class pets?

b:cry Someone please tell me the tiger smiley thingie is not the new tabby...
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thanks man, yours does include some new images.

Are the last images recasts of all class pets?

b:cry Someone please tell me the tiger smiley thingie is not the new tabby...

o_O A pet that looks like the tiger smilies? I bet this is a troll, same with the dragon.b:surprised
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm not sure, looks sort of legit... I'm hoping those last three are just cosmetic recasts of the all class pets... Maybe the smiley tiger is the upgrade for the celestial tiger pets?

Edit; I mean, those are not Venos they're standing next to...
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The dragon, smiley tiger(although this one is new) etc. are all class pets that China has had since their latest upgrade of the NW map, I think (if not, since Dec., when they introduced tweaks for untamed, can quite remember).
    They we properly put on ecatomb at that time http://www.ecatomb.net/babypet.php
    If you translate the Chinese page, you kinda get the fact that they are all class from the chinenglish there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options

Yeah this is what it appears to be, which would be pretty neat since then you can choose whether you want a new look for your pet or not (I'd much rather keep the Kowlin's current look).

I'm definitely going to love this b:dirty

Oh, s***/ Apparently there will be a new random factor added when pets get the bonuses from the Veno's own stats. This is relatively inconsenquential for those just starting out using non-rares/legendaries, but it could mean those of us who have already worked hard leveling/skilling pets can be stuck with underperfoming pets. And seriously do they expect you to buy a new legendary pet every time you want to reroll this factor? I'm hoping they're adding some re-roll possibility, but even so, this is one that really does hurt us...

I'm positive that we will be able to "reroll" our pets regardless. It wouldn't make much sense otherwise considering that Hercules, Phoenix and the Hatchling are all bound to your account so we can't even sell them.

In general, I'm pretty sure Wanmei knows a lot of people will rage if we can't "reroll" the pets. I know Wanmei does stupid things sometimes, but I doubt they are that stupid...I hope. b:surrender

I'm mostly worried about the pets being included in the NW forges in a way or another. Either the rerolls, upgrades, accessories etc. I can't participate in NW at all due to real life reasons and I don't think I'll be able to anytime soon and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people in the same position as me. It would be totally unfair to be left behind because of this :/

I mean, the Legendary pets may be "out of reach" for some, but it's still possible to farm them and every Venomancer has equal opportunities of getting them.

Side note, I do like the tiger smiley pet lol. I'll probably try to get it for my Cleric or something if it's not too hard to acquire.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The dragon, smiley tiger(although this one is new) etc. are all class pets that China has had since their latest upgrade of the NW map, I think (if not, since Dec., when they introduced tweaks for untamed, can quite remember).
    They we properly put on ecatomb at that time http://www.ecatomb.net/babypet.php
    If you translate the Chinese page, you kinda get the fact that they are all class from the chinenglish there.

Thank you, it is actually something of a relief to see the smiley pet accounted for as something already enabled in the Chinese version... Right now I'm thinking it could go either way for my pets, the Cuddly Pup's model gives me some reason to hope for the best but the Piggy... It's all covered in lace. b:sweat
    I'm positive that we will be able to "reroll" our pets regardless. It wouldn't make much sense otherwise considering that Hercules, Phoenix and the Hatchling are all bound to your account so we can't even sell them.

In general, I'm pretty sure Wanmei knows a lot of people will rage if we can't "reroll" the pets. I know Wanmei does stupid things sometimes, but I doubt they are that stupid...I hope. b:surrender

I'm mostly worried about the pets being included in the NW forges in a way or another. Either the rerolls, upgrades, accessories etc. I can't participate in NW at all due to real life reasons and I don't think I'll be able to anytime soon and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people in the same position as me. It would be totally unfair to be left behind because of this :/

I mean, the Legendary pets may be "out of reach" for some, but it's still possible to farm them and every Venomancer has equal opportunities of getting them.

b:lipcurl I no longer think the Brasilian article does actually suggest pet gears may be included in this update, the reference to "armours and weapons" may be nothing more than enthusiastic hype, the weapons part likely a reference only to the upgraded herc model or the asumption that pets currently wielding them (the Nivastok, the Wanderer) will be getting similarly upgraded. Portuguese is mostly intelligible to Spanish speakers but we do sometimes have to read things twice in order not to miss the finer points. The different sizes shown for the Hatchling on the Chinese thread do seem to hint that customization in terms of size may be available for some models, which is not an advantage to be disregarded in terms of both PvE and PvP.

As for the upgrades finding their way to the NW forges all we've seen so far seems to point in that direction, although in all fairness if the items to be used are made tradeable the upgrades should remain as farmable as legendary pets. I do realize this is far from fair to players in the European time zone, and while I'll grant V4l he did at least acknowledge any solution would not be implemented in the short term it certainly is a rotten deal for most of you guys.

Finally, it's made me somewhat curious that all the new pet models we've seen so far do all seem to belong to relatively popular choices (we have yet to see something like a Carapest or a Heptastral Beetle) which is to a large degree understandable although it does make me wonder whether the new upgrades will be effectively available to ALL pets. It certainly isn't that I fear my pets will be left out (the Shaodu and Tabby do seem fairly popular models) although the graphic update may be more limited than we currently believe. And this is an important point to make given that many of us may very well now be rethinking our pet bag choices, especially if the relative advantage of legendaries is somewhat impacted, rare skills are made more easily available (there's a good chance given the extra skill slots for at least some pets, has anyone else noticed these now appear to be getting hoarded?) and the very real posibility some of the new pets that will be introduced may become top tier contenders for the currently established set. The update is certainly now shaping up to be, for better or for worse, a real game changer for most Venos.
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thank you, it is actually something of a relief to see the smiley pet accounted for as something already enabled in the Chinese version... Right now I'm thinking it could go either way for my pets, the Cuddly Pup's model gives me some reason to hope for the best but the Piggy... It's all covered in lace. b:sweat

b:lipcurl I no longer think the Brasilian article does actually suggest pet gears may be included in this update, the reference to "armours and weapons" may be nothing more than enthusiastic hype, the weapons part likely a reference only to the upgraded herc model or the asumption that pets currently wielding them (the Nivastok, the Wanderer) will be getting similarly upgraded. Portuguese is mostly intelligible to Spanish speakers but we do sometimes have to read things twice in order not to miss the finer points. The different sizes shown for the Hatchling on the Chinese thread do seem to hint that customization in terms of size may be available for some models, which is not an advantage to be disregarded in terms of both PvE and PvP.

As for the upgrades finding their way to the NW forges all we've seen so far seems to point in that direction, although in all fairness if the items to be used are made tradeable the upgrades should remain as farmable as legendary pets. I do realize this is far from fair to players in the European time zone, and while I'll grant V4l he did at least acknowledge any solution would not be implemented in the short term it certainly is a rotten deal for most of you guys.

Finally, it's made me somewhat curious that all the new pet models we've seen so far do all seem to belong to relatively popular choices (we have yet to see something like a Carapest or a Heptastral Beetle) which is to a large degree understandable although it does make me wonder whether the new upgrades will be effectively available to ALL pets. It certainly isn't that I fear my pets will be left out (the Shaodu and Tabby do seem fairly popular models) although the graphic update may be more limited than we currently believe. And this is an important point to make given that many of us may very well now be rethinking our pet bag choices, especially if the relative advantage of legendaries is somewhat impacted, rare skills are made more easily available (there's a good chance given the extra skill slots for at least some pets, has anyone else noticed these now appear to be getting hoarded?) and the very real posibility some of the new pets that will be introduced may become top tier contenders for the currently established set. The update is certainly now shaping up to be, for better or for worse, a real game changer for most Venos.

What PWBRChannel posts is based on what other players from china, or themselves tell them about test servers. Also, you can just use google translate for portuguese to english. It works really welll.

Nevertheless, I doubt pets will have weapons too because it's so different from what we have right now... I only can believe if pets get some gears like genies do. Those gears would increase some stats slightly...
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    What PWBRChannel posts is based on what other players from china, or themselves tell them about test servers. Also, you can just use google translate for portuguese to english. It works really welll.

Nevertheless, I doubt pets will have weapons too because it's so different from what we have right now... I only can believe if pets get some gears like genies do. Those gears would increase some stats slightly...

Well, being a native Spanish speaker it would make more sense for me to use google translation from Portuguese into my own language, which would make it a fairly accurate word for word transcript, than to go the round about way of translating the text into a non Romance tongue, which does mean losing subtext and a coherent syntax. However I am in the habit of reading Portuguese in its original as a learning exercise, even if it does mean some re-reading and ocassionally looking up some of the terms.

And I'm well aware that the site's reports come from test servers, the article itself mentions this, and that the character of the information is non official. As an aside I think you'll agree with me it's a bit sad to see a licensee showing much more enthusiasm to get the latest news and info on the game than our own publisher, which probably does have better access to its own parent company... Anyway, I absolutely agree with you in that understanding the Brasilian fluff pieces should pose no obstacle. What really is a pity is that we have no access to someone fluent and well versed in Chinese, although I do acknowledge the good work people with some knowledge continually do for our community.

On the possibility of gears, yeah, I think we are pretty much on the same page. I currently see this as as extremely improbable which seeing the damage this could wreck in the pet system I would consider an optimistic view.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    About the NW thing...I do hope things will be tradeable. They will most likely be tradeable but I'd still hate having to pay for something that is normally farmable b:lipcurl

Either way I am quite concerned on what direction the new update will lead the pet system and the general view of the playerbase on the Venomancer class. On one hand it's nice that people don't care so much about a Venomancer's pets anymore and instead appreciate our abilities (Amplify, Purge etc.) but I've been hoping for an update on pets for a very long time.

I certainly wouldn't want things to go back to what it was in the past and have people exclude Venomancers and discriminate amongst them for not having certain pets or for choosing to use other pets instead of the top tier ones, even if said pets may be well equipped with a good skill set of debuffs and/or support skills.

I'm very excited but at the same time I fear what the actual update will bring on the table since there's a record of Wanmei releasing potentially great updates that end up as a disaster. For example, NW is a great addition to the game but due to lack of testing and whatnot, it has alot of flaws and messed up a lot of things in-game (no I'm not QQing about the money).

I guess I may sound a little pessimistic right now but I just don't want them to ruin such an exciting and great update.
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Okay Okay. I'm a native portuguese speaker, and I can translate this.

PWBRChannel doesn't say nothing about pet gear and pet weapon. The say that pets appearance will change with accessories, colors, flames etc. and the stats of some pets will change too (without inherit coefficient). The new appearance it's not equipment for the pet.

These information of the PWBRChannel were searched from here:
    Can you guys take your silly flame war somewhere else?

On topic:

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20121227/68881.shtml

Relevant google translated information: b:surrender

PWC is about to launch a new pet evolution system. Its veno's time to shine again b:laugh

Pets evolution system will allow the pet to inherit 5 status from his master:

HP
    Attack
    Defense
    Attack level
    Defense Level

How much each ability will be inherited is based on a "inherit coefficient" that will be completely random generated making each pet unique.

Furthermore the pets will have two customization more "Strong" and "Crazy", basically you can use these customization to improve pets offensive (Crazy) and tank (strong) capabilities of the pet further enforcing the uniqueness of the pet.

As if that were not enough, pets appearance will change with accessories, colors, flames etc.

The most important change is that each pet is unique so it can be possible to catch two sawflies, both with very different "inherit coefficient" and so different status.

So yea they are enforcing uniqueness on the pet system, the new system works like "Individual Values" system from Gotta catch 'em all, the system is scheduled for Early (probably January) 2013.
    edited January 2013
    Options

The lace aside, I find the new piggy a bit creepy due to the cyan blue eyes that are completely off the body color scheme. Plus, it less pale pink and the fleur-the-lis look-a-like pattern on its bottom is too faded now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Options
    They updated this link http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=2163684&extra=page%3D1 posted by dupe earlier, a silver fox and a snow monkey were added :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dafuq222
    dafuq222 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    They updated this link http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=2163684&extra=page%3D1 posted by dupe earlier, a silver fox and a snow monkey were added :o

could that be eldergoth?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The monkey looks creepy.........or maybe it's just me that I don't like monkeys in general. b:surrender

The silver foxthing looks nice though o.o