New skill & new pets-upgrades discussion

Comments

• dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20121227/68881.shtml

Godd News!

Well the harpy and the monkey king aren't phoenix and herc upgrades. I think that they are other pet that you get in the nw.

Why?

Because these are the phoenix and herc upgrades:

Nix

Herc

Well, i don't know really these are the new nix and new herc, because there will be many changes in the combat pets, the developer's have confirmed that the pet will inherit many veno's stats, so many pet will be upgraded, like petite sawfly:

sawfly

Anther change is the veno can train the pet for some stat, for example if you want a pet very offensive, you can develop the "crazy" temper in the pet. If want a defensive pet you can give him a "indomitable" character. I think that the intraction with the pet will be upgraded.

So if you are very confused go to: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20121227/68881.shtml
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    o.o...

So in other words, I don't have to no-life farm for my nix again on RT and can simply get the new AWESOME looking pet via NW wars? Either way, would be worth it, since the upgraded versions look pretty neat. I'll def. start saving up my tokens now. b:victory

And yep...

I LOVE VENOS <3 QQ About time they did something amazing for us. D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20121227/68881.shtml

Godd News!

Well the harpy and the monkey king aren't phoenix and herc upgrades. I think that they are other pet that you get in the nw.

Why?

Because these are the phoenix and herc upgrades:

Nix

Herc

Well, i don't know really these are the new nix and new herc, because there will be many changes in the combat pets, the developer's have confirmed that the pet will inherit many veno's stats, so many pet will be upgraded, like petite sawfly:

sawfly

Anther change is the veno can train the pet for some stat, for example if you want a pet very offensive, you can develop the "crazy" temper in the pet. If want a defensive pet you can give him a "indomitable" character. I think that the intraction with the pet will be upgraded.

So if you are very confused go to: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20121227/68881.shtml

Woah.
    Hang on.

Too much epicness here. Can't take it all.

Provided this all is indeed true.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Woah.
    Hang on.

THIS

b:dirty Yo quiero ese Nixie.

And upgrades to MANY pets?

b:sad As long as they don't take away my tabby's cuteness...
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just can wait any longer. Love veno so much more.
    I do not want my veno to die easily once get stunned by melee classes anymore wkwkwkwkkw. Do you feel the same suffer?
  • Tigress_eye - Sanctuary
    Tigress_eye - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Woah.
    Hang on.

Provided this all is indeed true.

*In heaps of suspense* b:nosebleedb:dirty I hope it really is true. I must know more about this O:
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yay sawfly can get upgrade. i cant wait to see this. i love my veno badly <3
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nixie. Pretty. Pretty nixie. :3<3
    It'd.. be pretty wonderful if this is actually the case of how it's coming along. x3

I spazzed at the new forme on the Princess Celestia flying mount, too xD
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Updated the first post and added two more quotes about latest changes etc.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The only problem I see is whether or not the skills of the pet are reset/removed when they evolve. I have an armored bear with herc skills and I would hate to lose them if I were to be able to upgrade it b:surrender

Otherwise, yay this update is great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Tbh the only thing I'm looking forward to are the new skills; especially new foxform <3 The rest seems.. dunno. I don't like it. I like how pets are atm. The only thing that they could fix that I would like would be pet EXP.. Worst experience I ever had in a game, and in PWI, was training up pets to level 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    The only problem I see is whether or not the skills of the pet are reset/removed when they evolve. I have an armored bear with herc skills and I would hate to lose them if I were to be able to upgrade it b:surrender

Otherwise, yay this update is great!

This is a concern for me too, although the petite sawfly being featured in the material leads me to think they will account for this as this is a pet very frequently given rare skills in order to make it competitive.

b:shockedDespite myself I'm actually becoming excited about this update...
  • helovesu
    edited January 2013
    I am very sorry to do OOT here.

However, i would like to know which skills of venos that have been revised to be better?

Could you give me any links in this forum which were talking about the list of those veno's revised skills?

Thank you a lot.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    I am very sorry to do OOT here.

However, i would like to know which skills of venos that have been revised to be better?

Could you give me any links in this forum which were talking about the list of those veno's revised skills?

Thank you a lot.

No word on that yet. There are some rumors going on but nothing official yet as far as I know.
  • LolaElv - Heavens Tear
    LolaElv - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey everyone.
    Some of you may already know about this but there is an upcoming patch in PW-CN that will include some new skill(s) and pet upgrades.

Screenshots

Harpy-lady is an upgrade to the Phoenix, DPS pet. Monkey king is an upgrade to the Hercules, tank pet. Kirin/Dog is...currently a land/water pet. No further detail on it. This seems to be no longer valid. Some sources say these three pets might be entirely new pets. Not 100% confirmed yet.

And here is the translation that someone kindly did for us:

Opinions? Speculations?
    I wanted to start a new discussion here since I find it pretty interesting.

Upgrade seems to be done via NW so I hope an EU time friendly NW slot will be added so I can attend NW in the future. Anyone thinks legendary pet prices will raise after the release?

Linghuan. We already have Bramble Hood, Blazing Barrier, Feral Concentration, Myriad Rainbow (both). I'll throw in Ironwood, Natural Synergy and Parasitic Nova, too. So many skills already require chi/sparks. Would this new skill be of much use?

EDIT: I decided to add a few things that have been buried in the pages for quick reference here.

im excited for this new upgraded veno b:pleased
    Poisonous Crew f:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So any idea when this will hit us? I'm eager but I have my limits. Those goodies are really eye candies! D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • helovesu
    edited January 2013
    I hope that Pet's Exp Gain per monster killed would be increased by a make-sense number.

To level up a 101 pet to 102 you have to slay 33k monsters, then if you just kill 30 numbers of monsters daily, it means that your pet will have leveled up to 102 by 3 years later (Big LOL).

We venos, compared to those mystics, whose pets/summons would level up when the owner was leveling up too, it sounds unfair.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    I do hope for an EXP re-balance (either lower the EXP needed or increase the EXP gain) but there's no word on it yet.

If they don't change anything in the EXP system of the pets then I think it would be nice to give an extra increase in stats or a higher percentage of stats gained from the Venomancer's armor after lvl101+. That would make it worthwhile doing the effort to level pets beyond 100.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I see a few doubts on wether the new skill will be useful, my answer is a clear: YES!

We do have alot of chi dependent skills, but for an example: All our buffs, chi needy or not are purgeable. That includes Synergy, or demon summer sprint. This skill is a fox form skill, so demons will surely appreciate the high speed they get from the changing and put it together with an unpurgeable anti stun +heal that will heal your entire HP pool 1.5 times. I know Ill use this over synergy as a fox form veno, and when carrying a flag in NW... totally smexy o,,o
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Anyone have more info? Or know when CN will get it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    No news yet so far but I'm hoping we'll have some new information soon. If I recall correctly the new patch should be out in PWCN tomorrow.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    waiting for it! :O
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I started to collect tokens on my veno, but I don't want to collect to much and waste the chance to get money too. xD

I want to be able to have all tokens before it arrive to us. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Bad news guys b:cry
    It looks like this wasn't really a big patch as we thought and new pets/upgrades are still not released in PWCN.

They released some kind of weapon fashion thing instead http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20130114/69015.shtml b:cry
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    b:sad

Sad, Casty is freaking sad QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
  • Savor - Lost City
    Savor - Lost City Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know what all this complaining about skills using chi is I literally always have chi unless getting hate targeted chi stolen by demon characters and other venos..

Any skill that says it makes me immune to movement debuffs and heals 10% HP EVERY second and can't be purged... and only costs 1 spark seems like a ****ing dream come true. I can see people raging already as they fail to kill me in NW..
    My main was Susamajii The Lost City Barbarian.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Even accounting for the often sudden manner in which PW handles some updates, I think it's a safe bet to say we won't be getting anything on the pet upgardes prior to this year's second quarter... I would even go as far as pushing that into Q3, with perhaps a summer release as the earliest plausible scenario. We may get the new transformations much earlier however.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    I don't know why they keep postponing so much but ehh, as long as we do get the update eventually I'll be happy.

I guess in the meantime they might actually add a new NW time slot or, if the update arrives here around summer, I'll be having my vacation so maybe be able to participate in NW and save up tokens for the upcoming pets.

Either way, I'm just disappointed a bit, they could have given us some more bits of information at least :(
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    Hmm...I'll give it until around the summer before we may possibly get any update or news even about the new transformations, pet updates, the like. And THEN a good few months before they actually announce the update. b:laugh

Until then, I shall QQ my purty lil heart away. >.>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
  • OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon
    OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I bet we will get r10 or something like that sooner than the new pets and pet system b:angry