Count to 20000

Comments

• Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x3 Oh dear. Warui and her dislike of sinnies...

From what I understand of the English language ... The word dislike is not anywhere near strong enough XD

Anyway Soul Silver was an amazing re make for the world. It is tied for favorite with blue version...
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I understand of the English language ... The word dislike is not anywhere near strong enough XD

Anyway Soul Silver was an amazing re make for the world. It is tied for favorite with blue version...

x3? Loathe? Detest? Despise? Disgusted by, averted by? Abhor? Do any of those look closer? 'Dislike' is rather plain compared to those, I suppose.

I've had Red.. and Sapphire.. and Diamond, and that's it for cartridge games 'x3 But I also had five or so of the N64 pokemon games and the Colloseum/XD Gamecube pokemon games....
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013

x3? Loathe? Detest? Despise? Disgusted by, averted by? Abhor? Do any of those look closer? 'Dislike' is rather plain compared to those, I suppose.

I've had Red.. and Sapphire.. and Diamond, and that's it for cartridge games 'x3 But I also had five or so of the N64 pokemon games and the Colloseum/XD Gamecube pokemon games....

Detest is the only one I knew in that set so we will go with that one!

And also the Ruby/sapphire set was kind of the final at before I got a little meh about the new pokemon being created. Still a great game though :3

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013

Told you guys I'd get this post. f:sneaky
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Detest is the only one I knew in that set so we will go with that one!

And also the Ruby/sapphire set was kind of the final at before I got a little meh about the new pokemon being created. Still a great game though :3

Hehe, 'allo, Kossy :3<3

D'aww x3 Well they all mean 'around' the same thing...
    I actually didn't get Red until about two years ago... I got it after Diamond OTL and prefer the stat. exp mechanic way more than the EVs because you can max out all stat. exps but you can only have limited EVs so first generation pokemon are stronger D: And razor leaf can always critical which is awesome~, and I like the special stat :3 Mechanics~
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited May 2013

Yeah. I really didn't like how with EVs you can't max everything out anymore. Though I will admit special was super broken in the first generation (which just made psychic types awesome XD).

I've owned Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and the remakes. Enjoyed them all as well.

Haven't directly "owned" so-to-speak any of the newer ones but I've been "loaned" some indefinitely so.... f:laugh
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »

foxy alone
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

Yeah. I really didn't like how with EVs you can't max everything out anymore. Though I will admit special was super broken in the first generation (which just made psychic types awesome XD).

I've owned Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and the remakes. Enjoyed them all as well.

Haven't directly "owned" so-to-speak any of the newer ones but I've been "loaned" some indefinitely so.... f:laugh

EV system remake was the main reason I didn't like generation three that much once I read about all that >: Also making Seviper take like 1.6m exp to get to level 100. Seviper was awesome and the only reason (s)he took so much exp to level was 'cause freaking Zangoose which wasn't as awesome only took 600K so they were in opposite exp groups D: Ahhhhh. But the pokemon themselves, I liked many generation three ones. Like Milotic :3 Their base stats and abilities and stuff are awesome.
    One of the main reasons I was so dissapointed that I couldn't play generation five(graphics made me really sick to glance at even a friend's DS) is 'cause then I couldn't get a Milotic with Scald D:!!!
    Nnnn I guess Special is kinda a double weighted thing... most pokemon have low special base stat, so it's hard to train... but once you have it trained, it's awesome 'cause then more resistance to elemental moves and just general more damage to pretty much everytttthing :3 Psychics weren't the only things with high special, though D: On my Red team just about all my teampeople have the same 110-130~ special at level 50 (well, except for my arbok, she has 86.. and is also level 48 and not 50.. OTL *is actually training her right now*) but yeah only poison resisted them, and ghost was bugged so did *0 damage to them instead of *2 damage, and etc....
    Edit:: Ooh, she's 49 now and has 88 special :3
  • opkossy
    edited May 2013

My first thing that immediately annoyed me about Gen 3 was how Ruby/Sapphire removed the day/night system I'd come to love in the previous games.

Abilities and natures were awesome... and yet a double edged sword so much.

Recently I decided to try and hunt various not-as-common pokemon and get them with the best nature + ability combinations for them to see how long it took. With at least two of the ones I was hunting down, I managed to catch 3(!!!!) shiny pokemon EACH before getting that combination right.

And that's kinda scary to consider. Though it'd probably be much easier if I bothered looking up how to exploit the RNG but can't be bothered. xD
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Good fight.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

My first thing that immediately annoyed me about Gen 3 was how Ruby/Sapphire removed the day/night system I'd come to love in the previous games.

Recently I decided to try and hunt various not-as-common pokemon (to see around where your pokemon are in the curve) and get them with the best nature + ability combinations for them to see how long it took. With at least two of the ones I was hunting down, I managed to catch 3(!!!!) shiny pokemon EACH before getting that combination right.

And that's kinda scary to consider. Though it'd probably be much easier if I bothered looking up how to exploit the RNG but can't be bothered. xD
    Pff, natures just make it more difficult to look at the max-min stats of a potential pokemon 'cause you have to be like, 'okay, the ranges of these numbers are kinda dumb, 'cause they use 'natures' which isn't in generation one...' (I haven't played my generation four game in like.... a really really long time OTL) --eh hem. But yeah they really just make finding the 'best' pokemon for things even more difficult... like when I was breeding eevees to get my Umbreon, I went through SO MANY Eevees and natures killed off a few potential candidates.... and I didn't even need the attack stats or the speed stat so you'd think I'd have more leeway but no... D: It was still mostily the IVs that did that though ahhh.

Pfff, I have never once seen a shiny pokemon in any of my games x3!! Have always wanted a shiny furret though... which I guess is also kinda uncommon :3 Also when you said 'looking for uncommon pokemon with good natures/abilities' the very first pokemon I thought of was Absol ahhhh
    But yeah it made it way more complicated, as apposed to 'catch a pokemon and train it to the best you can with a bunch of stat exp. spammage', since there was only an IV range of 15 and no natures or anything in generation one OTL
    What were you using that netted you so many shiny pokemon, anyway, the eum... that one thing where you find chains of the same pokemon?

Wait, what's scary to consider x3??? My team's special stats?? That's probabily because I trained all of them on ghastlies for at least some of their levels, honestily... I would say that it's probabily also because I'm really picky as to what pokemon I use aka they have to have good base stats, but then again, my Raichu has kinda freakishily high stats... and I have NO IDEA WHY... I have no idea about using RNG things; actually, I had to look it up to even know what it was...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013

Recently I decided to try and hunt various not-as-common pokemon and get them with the best nature + ability combinations for them to see how long it took. With at least two of the ones I was hunting down, I managed to catch 3(!!!!) shiny pokemon EACH before getting that combination right.

.__. you guys make me feel like a noob here xD I never cared about the EVs, the natures and whatnot...I just captured pokemon to complete my pokedex and kept the ones I liked in my team f:defeat

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EVs/IVs mean nothing in the actual game, those are for the people that battle over wifi. I play the games for fun, I only do competitive battling on pokemon showdown or pokemon online.

I like to play with muh bros yo. Still wish I could get me a shiny. I don't like playing roms that much, like.. I do. The game is fun, but it doesn't feel as right as a cartridge.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    EVs/IVs mean nothing in the actual game, those are for the people that battle over wifi. I play the games for fun, I only do competitive battling on pokemon showdown or pokemon online.

I like to play with muh bros yo. Still wish I could get me a shiny. I don't like playing roms that much, like.. I do. The game is fun, but it doesn't feel as right as a cartridge.

I don't really actually do any competitive battling with people 'cause I don't get the opportunities, but I still make teams that are all carefully put together and bred for stats and whatnot x3. If I don't have any more advanced goal, there's like no incentive for me to randomily level stuff. (Even though I try to treat story team pokemon differentily than non-story-team ones.... I still stay around to train them in places that are best for their EVs the moment I run into those places. Habit. OTL) And for a while, on Red, I was calculating how much stat. exp each of my pokemon had and writing down every battle they took part in to keep track of their training... even though I in no way expect to find anyone else with Red for battle things... after a while I gave up on keeping exact track of that, though OTL I still keep a mental track on it though, since I use how much stat exp. pokemon have as more an indication for which I need to train next as apposed to level. Or make sure to get them more stat. exp if they naturally have lower base stats...
    I never felt the desire to complete pokedexes, though... I need my box space for storing pokemon mobs from breeding in case I need those one's EVs or natures for stuffs OTL
  • opkossy
    edited May 2013

.__. you guys make me feel like a noob here xD I never cared about the EVs, the natures and whatnot...I just captured pokemon to complete my pokedex and kept the ones I liked in my team f:defeat

Eh, they don't matter to me much either. On my main playthroughs I just catch them and enjoy whatever I get while training it up to do whatever.

I only start paying attention to it all if I'm in the mood for some competitive training/battling since that's a completely different ball game.

What were you using that netted you so many shiny pokemon, anyway, the eum... that one thing where you find chains of the same pokemon?
    Nope. Just regular running around in the grass.

I seem to have good luck with finding shinies, though. I remember playing Gold and the very first zubat I ran into was a shiny. Plus the fourth or so crabby I fished up (kept KOing them by accident) was also a shiny. And I ran into those BEFORE the first official shiny at lake of rage.

Then when I got crystal, first hoothoot I met was shiny. I was all "omfg so awesome!" b:laugh
    edited May 2013
    ahh the day/night system actually bothered me a bit... I just thought the way it was handled even for a simple game was not that good. But I suppose we all have our opinions ;p
    And yeah I do not think I ever caught them all since I was picky about catching ones with the right natures and such to create good members to a team. I used to battle people in high school and university over wifi all the time though! Water+psychic teams = pro.

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

Eh, they don't matter to me much either. On my main playthroughs I just catch them and enjoy whatever I get while training it up to do whatever.

I only start paying attention to it all if I'm in the mood for some competitive training/battling since that's a completely different ball game.

Nope. Just regular running around in the grass.

I seem to have good luck with finding shinies, though. I remember playing Gold and the very first zubat I ran into was a shiny. Plus the fourth or so crabby I fished up (kept KOing them by accident) was also a shiny. And I ran into those BEFORE the first official shiny at lake of rage.

Then when I got crystal, first hoothoot I met was shiny. I was all "omfg so awesome!" b:laugh
    Yeesh, really... D: Sounds neat~.
    They should hurry up and make the new games so that you can run into more shiny pokemon with wings the first time around :3!
    Qword (my arbok) is level 50 now :3! Just one more team member to level OTL (in all my other games I've only (over)trained one or two pokemon; on Red I'm training six, it takes forever ohgoshsssgdg)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013

c-c-c--combo breaker

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    edited May 2013

Haha. I know how you feel. I actually like to overtrain on occasion just because but in the earlier games it's such a pain. Especially with no VS Seeker or the like so it's all wild battles that don't give as much EXP. But it just makes the payoff that much more worth it when you get there!

Edit: Venus you ninja! *shakes fist in fake rage*
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

Haha. I know how you feel. I actually like to overtrain on occasion just because but in the earlier games it's such a pain. Especially with no VS Seeker or the like so it's all wild battles that don't give as much EXP. But it just makes the payoff that much more worth it when you get there!

Edit: Venus you ninja! *shakes fist in fake rage*

Not counting story-mode teams, I'd always just train (post-EV training) using the Elite Four and the Versus Mountain place in Colloseum/XD(otherwise I never would have been able to get level 100 pokemon OTL)... I don't think that you can challenge them multiple times in Red though... ahhhh that's totally going to suck! D:! 'cause I need to go through the last dungeon with Mewtwo for the sake of my nuzlocke's plotline and... hopefully not have a bunch of deaths 'x3 I have the leech-seed toxic combo on my side though so I should be okay I think...
    --eep, I forgot to ask; if you don't overtrain your pokemon before you go to a gym or rival battle or whatever, do you feel only moderateily prepared as apposed to like you're on track x3?
    72,527 Woo, big number :3
  • opkossy
    edited May 2013

Nuzlocke story? I demand linkage! And yeah you can still re-challenge the elite four in the original games. Makes life way easier for leveling. XD

I remember how I used to use the cloning glitches in the first two generations to max rare candies... and then I'd sell all of them but one so I could buy poke-steroids!

The overtraining thing depends on how much of a challenge I want. If I feel like crushing my opponents then when I don't overtrain I feel like I've only prepared my starter (I often have my starter much higher than other party members since it participates in almost every trainer battle/gym fight). But when I'm looking for a challenge or a bit of a struggle it actually feels much better when I don't level too much to the point where if I do steamroll the gym anyways I'll feel like I was too prepared and have the urge to redo it but with lower levels. XD
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2013

I never really got into the poke games, I had the cards though. I stopped when my then toddler brother cut up my first edition charizard. v.v

• opkossy
    edited May 2013

I never really got into the poke games, I had the cards though. I stopped when my then toddler brother cut up my first edition charizard. v.v

You had a first Edition chraizard?!

And he cut it up?!

I.... I apologize for your loss. *hugs* :(
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2013

IKR, into itty bitty shreds. b:surrender I didn't have the heart to collect them after that. But I did collect yu-gi-oh in high school. I dont' think of the stuff I have is worth anything now though.

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

Nuzlocke story? I demand linkage! And yeah you can still re-challenge the elite four in the original games. Makes life way easier for leveling. XD

I remember how I used to use the cloning glitches in the first two generations to max rare candies... and then I'd sell all of them but one so I could buy poke-steroids!

The overtraining thing depends on how much of a challenge I want. If I feel like crushing my opponents then when I don't overtrain I feel like I've only prepared my starter (I often have my starter much higher than other party members since it participates in almost every trainer battle/gym fight). But when I'm looking for a challenge or a bit of a struggle it actually feels much better when I don't level too much to the point where if I do steamroll the gym anyways I'll feel like I was too prepared and have the urge to redo it but with lower levels. XD

Ahhhh no I don't have it writen/comic'd/anything anywhere; originally I was going to, but ended up not doing so, so now it's just my own mental storyline for the game as apposed to the regular one(since the original games kinda lack a line with a bunch of twists and turns and events it's pretty easy to self-integrate your own motives for the team doing stuff :3)
    --and oh okay that's really really nice to know x3!! Though I am kinda afraid of potential unnessesary deaths due to wanting to train quicker... I'd say 'I'm not even sure if I should really count them then if they did happen' but I mean, the pokemon have to be doing 'something' to get from level to level and I can't just fast-forward through their life of preparation without taking potential risk factours into paw :x (Aha that sounds really silly but you know 'x3) Maybe that worry is silly with a team of six pokemon and stuff, though, and I know that the AIs are a bit challenged aka the ghost Elite... guess I'll see when I get there :3
    I actually never kept my starter on my team until Red D:! For whatever reason I've never really liked the starters when they're released and eventually come to like them much later, when I would have already been into the game/know I can't get anything for that generation... and oh I see :3! I can relate to both scenarios, yeah. When I started my Sapphire game after a while of not playing it, I did a few gym battles with my Flygon (at like level 64 or something....) and could not figure out why I had trained her so much when I could one-hit everything... Though sometimes for the same level scenario I'll forget I'm not doing a nuzlocke and have a 'O_O' moment if someone faints... OTL

Ahhh siblings and children are so abusive D: *quotes Reeba* Sorry for your card incident >:
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013

Aww Venus D:

I used to have pokemon cards too...but I honestly don't remember what happened to them o.o maybe I gave them away or lost them during one of the many times I moved houses (the longest I've lived in a house is 6 years and I'm almost 21...so yeah, moved around a lot lol).

I do, however, still own a rare Pikachu poster that was only obtainable through buying some pokemon related merchandise that sometimes gave you coupons. You would open those and you had a chance to win various things (like cards, posters etc.) and I won the Pikachu one! There was a lot of drama involving it and peers trying to make me trade it...
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

Aww Venus D:

I used to have pokemon cards too...but I honestly don't remember what happened to them o.o maybe I gave them away or lost them during one of the many times I moved houses (the longest I've lived in a house is 6 years and I'm almost 21...so yeah, moved around a lot lol).

I do, however, still own a rare Pikachu poster that was only obtainable through buying some pokemon related merchandise that sometimes gave you coupons. You would open those and you had a chance to win various things (like cards, posters etc.) and I won the Pikachu one! There was a lot of drama involving it and peers trying to make me trade it...
    That's a really long time to live in a single place, Desdi.... OTL
    But d'aw, that's really neat, the poster story :3 Good on you for not trading it for.. whatever reason, I don't know, I just think that's neat x3!
    Also, all my party pokemon is level 50 now, so I went and made a bunch of tables and stuff... for some reason my Raichu has a greater stat total than my Venusaur o_O''' I mean it's only by five but, what?
    edited May 2013

That's a really long time to live in a single place, Desdi.... OTL
    But d'aw, that's really neat, the poster story :3 Good on you for not trading it for.. whatever reason, I don't know, I just think that's neat x3!
    Also, all my party pokemon is level 50 now, so I went and made a bunch of tables and stuff... for some reason my Raichu has a greater stat total than my Venusaur o_O''' I mean it's only by five but, what?

should have went with squirtle... But anyway what level did you evolve your Raichu at? Probably played a factor of you did not level immediately.

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    should have went with squirtle... But anyway what level did you evolve your Raichu at? Probably played a factor of you did not level immediately.

I can't do toxic-leech seed with squirtle D:? Also squirtle in generation one mildily frightens me which is why I didn't go with it, ahaha.... or at least it did, for a while, because of very specific reasons >.>' And eum stuffs... and I really like my Lapras. :3
    What level did I evolve Murine at, eumm....
    *looks trough a bunch of level charts and notes to figure it out*
    it would have been... around level 27 or so? since he learnt Swift at level 26 and I'm pretty sure I didn't evolve him until I got Thunderbolt from Surge (no pokemon learns that move naturally before Yellow D:) and it would have made sense to have one more level after that... so either 26 or 27 I guess.
    Honestily, looking at how has base stats line up, and knowing about how much stat exp. he has (about the same amount as Itigo(my Venusaur aka the mispelt strawberry :3)) I think he just has really high IVs....