Content Update PWI: Reflections

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Hey all,

In the coming weeks, we'll be releasing a new content update for PWI that we've titled "Reflections". We're excited to bring it to you since it will add a lot of new features, from a new way to gain EXP (an actual new mechanic this time, not just new quests) to new daily and weekly quests, including a high level PVP event in Morai. It will also include various mechanic tweaks and bug fixes.

We'll also be making some major changes to Territory Wars, and that's what I wanted to talk about specifically in this post. These changes will be as follows:

1. Change bidding to use Ten Million Big Notes instead of Coins

The number of Big Notes that can be used for a bid will be from 1 to 99. This will effectively raise the minimum bid from 100k to 10,000,000. Maximum bid will effectively increase from 200,000,000 to 990,000,000.

Why the change?

As some of you know, the economy within the Chinese version of PW is vastly different from that of our version here. They made this change to fit more with their own server economies, and the change was applied to our version as well.

What will we do about it?

Since we feel that this change would be too drastic for our own version, we're taking some steps to adapt to it. We are currently working on a system for refunding 90% of your Territory Wars bid. The bidder will get this refund whether they win or lose their battle, and it will be sent out during the maintenance following the TW.

This change will effectively reduce the bidding range to 1,000,000 - 99,900,000 (once the refund is received).

In addition, since this TW bid change is pretty dramatic even with the refunding functionality in place, we'll be monitoring the situation, and we strongly encourage you to provide your feedback on the matter.

2. Number of Simultaneous Attacks on a single faction increased to seven from three.

Why the change?

This change was made to reduce the chance of a server monopoly and to increase competition in TW. Not all versions of PWI use the Seasonal TW system like we do (in fact I believe we're the only one), so it makes sense that more mechanisms would be put in place to guard against this.

Monitor the situation moving forward. Again, we encourage you to submit feedback either here on the forums in via Customer Service ticket.

3. Increase the strength, durability, and cost of base defenses in Territory Wars

Why the change?

To bring these defenses in-line with the increased power of characters over the last several updates.

Same as above: Monitor the situation moving forward. Again, we encourage you to submit feedback either here on the forums in via Customer Service ticket.

So, since some of these changes are pretty dramatic, we wanted to give a heads up a little beforehand so that people can start planning for them ahead of time.

We'd also love to hear what you think of these changes, and we'll forward all constructive feedback to the developers.

Thanks for your time!
-The PWI Team
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Gandolf - Momaganon
    Gandolf - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17375121&postcount=1

The number of Big Notes that can be used for a bid will be from 1 to 99. This will effectively raise the minimum bid from 100k to 10,000,000. Maximum bid will effectively increase from 200,000,000 to 990,000,000.

Why the change?

As some of you know, the economy within the Chinese version of PW is vastly different from that of our version here. They made this change to fit more with their own server economies, and the change was applied to our version as well.

Since we feel that this change would be too drastic for our own version, we're taking some steps to adapt to it. We are currently working on a system for refunding 90% of your Territory Wars bid. The bidder will get this refund whether they win or lose their battle, and it will be sent out during the maintenance following the TW.

This change will effectively reduce the bidding range to 1,000,000 - 99,900,000 (once the refund is received).

In addition, since this TW bid change is pretty dramatic even with the refunding functionality in place, we'll be monitoring the situation, and we strongly encourage you to provide your feedback on the matter.

My opinion is they should leave the changes how they are, PWI is not smarter than the people in China, honestly their changes are better without your ideas to make it more 'carebear' leave it how they tweaked it please.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well in a way that could make people to think 2 time before make a fake bid.

Since the minimum bid would be the money a land lvl3 get (10m), people might do TW for the fun of the TW beside other stupid reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The Chinese changes are made to help balance the CN server which is pretty different economically and game play wise from ours. This is why PWI is going to monitor it.

Some of the major differences: no rank in cashshop, r9r massively cheaper, most people 3rd cast vana or r8r, no hypers in fcc (so different leveling culture), no server tw resets

In essence, CN needed a coin sink, and put one in. We don't really need that coin sink.

Question, though:
    Will all TWs be on one day now as they stack up to 7? Or will they stack separately as allows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gandolf - Momaganon
    Gandolf - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    They would effectively be lowering max bid by 1/2 when coin is worth 1/10 what it was.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Nobody really bids the max bid on our server. Not sure about yours. So essentially the max bid is meaningless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _rekresreb - Dreamweaver
    _rekresreb - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Lol 7 attacks in 1 day. most guilds cant even handle the 3 they get at the moment (apart from LC powerhouse) they seems to be holding up strong to the triple attacks. More unneeded changes? and to TW the only thing that is keeping the mayority of old players playing this game? GG pwi, GG.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Frankie is such a troll.
    We'd also love to hear what you think of these changes, and we'll forward all constructive feedback to the developers.
    Posts that in a closed thread...

My input on the changes

Ya thats a bit too high for a fledgling faction but the big players would have no problem with it. If they really do refund 90% of the cost always I don't really see much of a problem.

2. Number of Simultaneous Attacks on a single faction increased to seven from three.

They should have had this long ago. If you're not strong enough to hold your land from your attackers you DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE THAT LAND. Currently on my server it is rare for any faction to have more than 2 defenses so there won't be much change. In the past though big factions had 20 defenses and could handle them easily since they were spread so thin which made large alliances worthless.

3. Increase the strength, durability, and cost of base defenses in Territory Wars

I hope they increase the range of the towers too since it's kind of a joke at the moment. Most attackers just ignore them these days.
    From what I understand they are changing the damage from 10x your level up to 25x your level which will make them 2.5 times stronger. Seems decent.

All in all I think it's fine but I wouldn't give the change a named content update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Lol that's not decent...if you need to rush past your faction is still going to rush past. 1 or 2 guys dead is nothing. Besides, if people can still draw aggro on towers, it'll be easy as before. Really towers need to AOE if you want them to actually have impact.

I want really tough towers that cannot be rebuilt, so taking one down basically increases your faction's roaming space.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    We are currently working on a system for refunding 90% of your Territory Wars bid. The bidder will get this refund whether they win or lose their battle, and it will be sent out during the maintenance following the TW.

This part right here...this is going to be abused to fake-bid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Valentessa - Dreamweaver
    Valentessa - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I can see in some ways this will make tw more challenging how ever I personally feel with the increase in wars from 3 to 7 against a faction, they should increase the faction size.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Atm the TW faction on my server have problem to get more than 50 people online at TW time so even with a capacity of 300 members in a guild i don't think that will change something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2012
    Options
    I missed that part, it's kinda stupid than. That will change nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Would need more faction positions too, otherwise it might get hard to regulate...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This part right here...this is going to be abused to fake-bid.

Overall, you're still paying more than you pay now, why will fake bidding be increased?

v Well assuming you don't pay a little over min, just a waste of cash.

Forget what I said, what was I thinking, this is the PWI community, of course it's gonna happen.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Overall, you're still paying more than you pay now, why will fake bidding be increased?

Still remain the same, if there was a rate to begin with, due to being refunded, unless they make a "Fake bidders do not get their refund" rule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • magyarwarlord
    magyarwarlord Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

They want to hear about us so bad that they locked the thread.

My imput this is stupid add. PWI is going down hill and has offered us nothing us but to hurt tw. PWI has done nothing to help inprove the game play.

Becides PWI is a dead game less and less people play every day and with the release of *** they do this to us. Now no on is going to play or go to tw.

PWI why dont you wake up open your eyes and your killing your game.

AT THIS point i feel like with this update TW is dead as well and probally not attend TW cuz it will be completelly pointless.

WHY give people lands because they can gank 1 faction 7v1 this is stupid this is an outrage and PWI has no brains at this point

WAKE UP PWI LOOK AT WHAT YOUR DOING TO YOUR GAME
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Frankie is such a troll.

Posts that in a closed thread...

My input on the changes

Ya thats a bit too high for a fledgling faction but the big players would have no problem with it. If they really do refund 90% of the cost always I don't really see much of a problem.

They should have had this long ago. If you're not strong enough to hold your land from your attackers you DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE THAT LAND. Currently on my server it is rare for any faction to have more than 2 defenses so there won't be much change. In the past though big factions had 20 defenses and could handle them easily since they were spread so thin which made large alliances worthless.

I hope they increase the range of the towers too since it's kind of a joke at the moment. Most attackers just ignore them these days.
    From what I understand they are changing the damage from 10x your level up to 25x your level which will make them 2.5 times stronger. Seems decent.

All in all I think it's fine but I wouldn't give the change a named content update.

#1 I understand the reasoning for given the China reference, but it doesn't really...need to be for us.

#2 Will just create more trash talk along the "Can't win without gank". Great way to sell more Teles I guess.

#3 I'm curious on strength. If it will be a factor or just kill non OP R9s to the point it's not worth showing up unless you have the high refines for the HP pool. 2.5k a hit its like 25-50% of a lot of lower geared TWers.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry about that, I absolutely did not mean to leave this thread locked; that was meant to only last for a couple of minutes while I made a final pass for typos and such.

Please post away. b:thanks
  • MysticHayley - Heavens Tear
    MysticHayley - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    first post, also where is my new video of this at, i wanted something new
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    :D i'm actually really excited for the TW changes. I've been rolling the same instance for three years, about time to update it. xD
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    we'll see how it is when it gets here... and hopefully it comes with other bells and whistles other than TW changes.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i agree with making the base harder for sure, 3 years ago my tw lasted 3-4 hours. now its 15 minutes...
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i agree with making the base harder for sure, 3 years ago my tw lasted 3-4 hours. now its 15 minutes...

It's not PWIs fault that your TWs only last 15 minutes. It's your fault for being in Drakon...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
    edited August 2012
    Options
    has nothing to do with drakon, i haven't twed in it. even most tws i see last 30 minutes...or the trololo tw lasted 15 minutes vs gd lol
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Regardless of how people feel about these changes, thank you PWI for being straightforward with how you plan to deal with them!
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • SkyGrace - Dreamweaver
    SkyGrace - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ok so 80 people max to enter TW's right, or did I miss where they will change that?

So going off the way TW is right now, lets say they make the change then we could have 7 TW in a day ? that's what 11.4 toons per war ?

Humm b:surrender
  • Julietoo - Sanctuary
    Julietoo - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm more interested in details on this...

"... from a new way to gain EXP to new daily and weekly quests, including a high level PVP event in Morai. It will also include various mechanic tweaks and bug fixes."

Although I think I remember reading something about the new Morai event somewhere.

As far as TW goes I think forcing large factions to defend 7 at once will make land more accessible to the smaller factions and will create for some more interesting TW's as they won't always be either 80vs 80 or 80 vs very few for a roll, maybe it will result in stronger factions having to defend with 20-30 ppl against 50-60 of a smaller less geared out faction. Could be a lot of fun
  • sharnate
    sharnate Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    200 people in a faction, ganked by 7 factions. 200/7=28.57 people per TW providing every member of your faction is on. 28 people defending 1 land is pointless. congrats PWI on killing TW.
    There will be no point joining a large faction, that you have worked so hard to get into, because there will be no such thing anymore.
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Is the cost of base defenses going to be a lot?

With the new way of gaining exp all I gotta say is it's good to be a cleric : )
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    new daily and weekly quests
    Since I'm a quest addict, I will be looking forward to those new quests.

Regarding of 7 simultaneous attacks instead of 3, this new change is gonna be interesting to see b:chuckle
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink