Content Update PWI: Reflections

Options

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I would just like to know a little more, Frankieraye, if you please b:pleased

How many weeks would it take of TWs for 8 factions to get on the map? Can that be accomplished on the first TWs?

Is anything else in the way TW works changing slightly, or is it truely just an increase to the Crystal & Towers, and number of challenges one faction can receive at a time, and bidding Notes?

Thanks for any additional info. b:thanks
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This means the rich get more goodies basically.

I see this **** up prices more then it is already.

_

And is that all the changes? -.- I hope not...
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • Zgod - Lost City
    Zgod - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    :o 7 tws pretty much means no1 will hold more then 7 lands
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Called reflections because it is a reflection of an update for cnb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    so i hear the update is today ? 8th of august ? is it true ? could anyone please confirm ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Zuuka - Sanctuary
    Zuuka - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I think its a yes, this was posted on PWI Facebook. http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08/07/pwi-reflections-update-coming-august-8/
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Oh look what I found in that page, in the screenshot section... http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2012/08/pwi02.jpg
    Looks like it's gonna be from yet another new pack x_x
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Oh look what I found in that page, in the screenshot section... http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2012/08/pwi02.jpg
    Looks like it's gonna be from yet another new pack x_x

but that mount looks so coolb:dirty
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Alfrothul - Dreamweaver
    Alfrothul - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I understand the need of making changes once in while, after all, thats what gives, to any game, a refreshing feeling.
    However I really don't understand why PWI servers must adopt changes that were meant to attend the CN server's demand when we already hold different mechanics while they don't. And even to cope with the "injustice" a different mechanism will be implemented here and won't be there. So... wouldn't be wiser not to make the change?!

We could discuss what sort of changes we would like to see, some persons have provided some great ideas but, in the end, we must deal with what we have now and what has been scheduled for the future, considering what is necessary or not.
    And in my opnion, we had a lot changes with excuses that "CN will change, therefore we must bow and agree with it".
    Is clear to me that servers are capable to provide the features they need despite the need of other server.

About the upcoming update itself:
    1. This new bidding is stupidity, even with the refund;
    2. More simultaneous attacks seems quite reasonable, but 7 might be too much;
    3. Making the structures more durable is nice, but increasing its costs along with the expensive biddings, no sense.

Those are my thoughts, peace out everyone!b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I've had my eyes on that (dragon) mount for a looong time. xD

Keliska - RT 70
  • GOMINOLA - Raging Tide
    GOMINOLA - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This is just gonna kill the economy harder than now, if we havent a real coin drop raise consider the game dead b:surrender
  • sareth17
    sareth17 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    bye bye pwi b:bye
    edited August 2012
    Options
    but that mount looks so coolb:dirty

+1 /10 chars

Keliska - RT 70
  • Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
    Shoshanne - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    They're encouraging us to provide feedback... wow.

Someone please tell me exactly how fast the gears move on this machine. Most of our feedback seems to be swept under the rug.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    They're encouraging us to provide feedback... wow.

Someone please tell me exactly how fast the gears move on this machine. Most of our feedback seems to be swept under the rug.

isn't that like any corporation? Just saying.
  • ZaytroX - Lost City
    ZaytroX - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Alright well let the FAKE BIDS continue, as they will receive 90% of their money back
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I found some random messages about the 8hr fatigue feature.. its called "Earning Time".

It appears that Earning Time is only used while killing mobs in particular "Earning Control Areas" and not while you are just AFK or whatever. Also there are warnings if you invite someone with low earning time remaining.

This stuff will probably be alright if they bother to enable it.
    9660 "This teammate is now in the normal state of earning"
    9661 "This teammate has no earning time, he will receive nothing while killing monsters!"
    9662 "Normal Area This area will not deduct your earning time. Killing monster in this area will not deduct your earning time, and monster earning will not be reduced. "
    9663 "Earning Control Area "
    9664 "[Non Benifit]You will earn nothing in this area while killing monsters (including drops, EXP and Spirit)."
    9666 "You've spent all your earning time, so you will get nothing while killing monsters in Earning Control Areas."
    9667 "%s spent all his earning time, so he will get nothing while killing monsters."
    9668 "You are entering an Earning Control Area; killing monsters will cost you earning time."
    9669 "This area will deduct your earning time. Killing monsters in this area will deduct your earning time, and monster earning will be reduced. "
    9670 "This area will deduct your earning time. Now that your character's earning time is 0, killing monsters in this area will give nothing. "
    9671 "You've spent all your earning time, so you will get nothing while killing monsters in this area."
    9672 "This teammate has less than 1 hour of earning time remaining."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MostoRos - Heavens Tear
    MostoRos - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I found some random messages about the 8hr fatigue feature.. its called "Earning Time".

It appears that Earning Time is only used while killing mobs in particular "Earning Control Areas" and not while you are just AFK or whatever. Also there are warnings if you invite someone with low earning time remaining.

thanks for posting this looks interesting
  • Yannoa - Dreamweaver
    Yannoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hope there's separate earning time counters for each area...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

If this is actually enabled, mats might temporary increase... but hopefully its not enabled in our version. But I afk most of time anyways, so 8 hours of combat is more than enough to use, except when 2x is on.
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I think Asterelle might have just confirmed for me what I already thought was true. I quit because I got a taste of that game that comes out on the 28th(25th for me). Sadly I could only play it once a month. I got tired of playing solitaire waiting for it, so I came back to PWI just this last week, only to see this.

Perfect World Entertainment can go **** off for all I care. If this is going to be how they want to play it, then I will just quit, this time for good and put up with 17 more days of solitaire. There is no amount of investment that will keep me here after this bull ****.

Sit on it and spin PWE. I will not only not play any and all of your games and not talk about them with my gaming friends, but I will also trash talk your products(if you can call them that) to people who haven't played here before. You are officially blacklisted by me.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    We're a bit lagging behind, but it won't be long. Hang tight.

-Genotype
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

This does give me hope that these "earning control areas" refer to places in the world where people would bot, and don't count in say, dungeons. Since few people grind in the world these days this change would hardly effect us >.> Of course if you do like to grind on world mobs for 8+ hours, your d-day has perhaps arrived b:shocked
  • Ebye - Sanctuary
    Ebye - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Very accurate representation of most players, chances are, a lot will hate it for some dumb reason, then everyone will like it.

Plus I love the theme song.

Its a reverse pyschology @.@b:sweatb
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Again keep in mind that even though this fatigue thing is built into the game doesn't mean it will be enabled in our version. This seems like something it would be very easy to turn on and off.

A feature you can turn on and off is a lot easier to configure than something that had its value changed (like the DQ price nerf).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • PorkLoMein - Lost City
    PorkLoMein - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I like how they made base defend stronger cuz i used to go into tw
    and my tower would go down before it was finish building

the 7 tw in one day would also be cool
    alliances with other faction may be a very important factor
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I like how they made base defend stronger cuz i used to go into tw
    and my tower would go down before it was finish building

the 7 tw in one day would also be cool
    alliances with other faction may be a very important factor

Thanks your forum name just made me hungry.b:sad
  • PorkLoMein - Lost City
    PorkLoMein - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Im yummy
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yes , Yes i know, and its almost 4 am, and im 50 miles from civilization. No delivery in this area.b:cry
  • Pinkpearl - Sanctuary
    Pinkpearl - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Im yummy
    /agree

*wonders where PorkChowMien is* b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ひとりきり佇んでいた風の中
    幸せの名前をそっと呼びました。
    優しい嘘を付いてきらきらと笑っていたい、いつも