Clerics. What pisses you guys off or annoys you when your in a squad?

Options

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Those are much better options than just helping them pickup coins so the squad benefits, too... Especially since you get a share of the coin they've picked up for you.

You can go into details what BH one talks about, but what i try to explain is that yes money = time, espescially when its about a boring job like picking up coins, waiting for a cleric who is doing it or dying because the cleric is doing it. And many people are much more happy finishing their instance 3 minutes faster than getting an extra 5000 coins out of that instance that this wonderfull cleric picked up for us. And that is a perfectly logical choise.

Sure pick up some things, i do so myself when the time and opportunity is there, but dont let your squad wait for it because indeed if it costs time for everyone, it is often a pretty bad investment of time.
  • sargana
    sargana Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The most annoying thing that I hear is ...aww my charm is ticking!!! What do you think that my healing cost or my BB?? yes surprise surprise it cost MANA. So pls don't whine about your charm cuz by healing you we use ours.
  • Eariala - Sanctuary
    Eariala - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    sargana wrote: »
    The most annoying thing that I hear is ...aww my charm is ticking!!! What do you think that my healing cost or my BB?? yes surprise surprise it cost MANA. So pls don't whine about your charm cuz by healing you we use ours.

those that were about every other sentance nagging about possible charm ticks....
    I just stopped healing before my charm was about to tick.
    one or two deaths later they have left the squad or learned not to nag.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Charms cost more than mana, thoug I do understand situations where clerics cannot save one's charm. For a barb it will be, however, really expensive to get charm ticks.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • sargana
    sargana Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    clerics use charms like every other class and also for us the price is the same as for Barbs or whatever. We use charms and I also use herbs to not let my charm tick but for example in Delta..if someone dies..revive..buff again give full health and fast going back to BB THAT cost a lot of mana and you forget herb because you are in a hurry to save everyone so yeah charms ticks..and do you hear me about that while i heal? no. Because you make a class and stand behind what you do and that means also the cost to keep you or in my case others alive.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    sargana wrote: »
    clerics use charms like every other class and also for us the price is the same as for Barbs or whatever. We use charms and I also use herbs to not let my charm tick but for example in Delta..if someone dies..revive..buff again give full health and fast going back to BB THAT cost a lot of mana and you forget herb because you are in a hurry to save everyone so yeah charms ticks..and do you hear me about that while i heal? no. Because you make a class and stand behind what you do and that means also the cost to keep you or in my case others alive.

Clerics dont need mana charms. And if you teach yourself to forget using your herbs by using a mana charm... well, i think that makes you a less capable cleric... (herbs are so cheap that i kinda got used to consuming them whenever i am casting a bunch of stuff. With the barbs low mana this is needed, with the cleric it makes me use more herbs than i should actually need)

Neither do they cost the same btw.

However, i do understand that as a cleric you dont want people bugging over their charm ticking. The game is made with a full HP bar available. A clerics job is to prevent it from reaching zero, not to prevent it from reaching 50%. Using a HP charm is the barbs choise which is almost as unnecesarry in PvE as the clerics mana charm.

That said, i think it is reasonable to expect the cleric to pay a little bit attention to it and not actually take it easier and pay less attention because the barb has a charm anyway.

But really these "what annoys you" threads in each of the classes forums are what inspire my oppinion about people crying over hypered "noobs". everyone is complaining about everyone else, and about half the complaints are either showing their own incompetence or at best are very debatable and the complaint could be about equally valid from the other side.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I consider it my job to keep the charm from ticking when on cleric.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It's nice to keep peoples charm from ticking; dish out a round of Ironhearts, and heal as necessary XD
    Herbs don't cost a fortune, and I get into the habit of popping one whenever I have the time c:
    Stray mobs that haven't been aggroed by the barb, who by this point is already swamped by mobs, and I can't drop BB, annoy me. Mostly because the squad doesn't seem to notice them and crabmeats can't keep up, charm suffers >:
    I daresay our mana usage can't compare much to a mystic's, though. Or maybe I'm playing my little nab mystic wrongb:chuckle
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Someone told me one day that:

''A good cleric will keep you alive, a great cleric will save your charm.''

Which I totally agree with, am I perfect? No, but I don't wait to see people charm tick to start heal, I stack IH to prevent their charm to tick, while a bunch of cleric start to heal AFTER the charm tick or when see ONE person hp low use chromatic which is so slow cast that the charm tick before the person got the heal.

Clerics need to stop chromatic when there's only ONE person that need heal, drop a wellspring then IH the person that need it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    When someone gets mad at the barb for not holding aoe aggro against a psy aoe chain, archer barrage, or wiz db, then gets mad for not immediately getting a res while I'm in bb and there's still a bunch of mobs left.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • xfiltheyrichx
    xfiltheyrichx Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    folks out of bb range,toons that let the healer get damage whilst in bb,bm that steam off in to the distance and die but then ask were I was and why I did not heal em,by the way if I got a mob giving me agro im gona look after my self ! if u die its rez rez if I die its back to town and then a long run to catch up wiv u and I lose exp, 2nd healer in a group who don't res me,and finaly folks that run off at the start and don't wait for me to buff em:angry lvl 80 cleric
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    folks that run off at the start and don't wait for me to buff em:angry lvl 80 cleric

Opposite here. I hate cleric's who wait to buff the whole squad rather than tossing buffs on people so they can start clearing. They're waiting 5 minutes to buff because 1 or 2 people aren't there yet instead they can give full lvl 11 buff for 1660 mp and that takes about 20 seconds to regen the mp, or only 873 mp for lvl 10 buffs which takes about 12 seconds to regen the mp for. Instead "I don't want to waste mana" and they stand there for 5 minutes waiting to buff while people could have cleared half the instance.

I single buff most people, and then right before the last boss I hour buff so they go away with full hour buffs as a nice present.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited March 2013
    Options
    When there is another cleric in squad, and you're doing all the healing, purifying, ressing, etc while the other one dds (poorly at that), and he doesn't even use elemental/dimensional seal.

edited March 2013
    Options
    When there is another cleric in squad, and you're doing all the healing, purifying, ressing, etc while the other one dds (poorly at that), and he doesn't even use elemental/dimensional seal.

Oh my gosh same, I don't care to be the healer, but pls pls the second cleric should keep the boss always debuff without being asked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2013
    Options
    Oh my gosh same, I don't care to be the healer, but pls pls the second cleric should keep the boss always debuff without being asked.

I did ask, that's the sad thing.

• Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ^
    And overall lack of communication between the clerics.
    Me: "Would you like to heal anyone in particular, or just heal anyone who needs it? Since there's two of us, it should make our job easier c:"
    Other cleric: -No response is given-
    Me: "Violet Danc- . . . Okay, go full DD, that's cool, too.b:shocked"

About the buffing thing, I've sort of gotten used to chasing everyone down to buff them >:
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I did ask, that's the sad thing.

Well that was something that was happening more in casters for me, cause usually if I'm not in BB I can debuff, but in casters when I was in BB and the other wasn't debuff that was like ... zzzz -.-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    My fellow squad members annoy me when i'm in a squad.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    -.- Other clerics who BB instead of purify person who needs it

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Probably stated before but: People who run from squad or solo buffs. f:horrorf:fume
    Also, that 2nd cleric who just assumes DD position when we need second heals // doesn't ask if I don't mind.
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Clerics whom don't answer when you ask them whether they want to heal or DD..

• lillionn
    lillionn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's been said before but i hate with burning hatred:
    - people who run when I squad-buff and then beg for buffs. I don't have infinite mana.
    - sins (or archers) who run ahead and start hitting mobs, especially when they don't have a lot of hp

I did fb59 today (two BMs, one HL sin, two low lvl sins) and a sin (lvl65, around 2k hp) kept hitting the mobs first instead of letting the bms take aggro. So of course I spent my time trying to keep him alive. Asked him nicely to stop taking aggro, he said "will try"and kept on doing the same. He even managed to aggro two mobs but hit only one repeatedly...

We did the two first bosses without problems and when we came to the third, someone accidently aggroed the minions instead of luring just the boss, while I had already started bb. So they started to fight out of bb range, the 2 bms died. It's okay, things like that happen once in a while, it was my fault too for starting bb too early. So I rezzed the bms then went back to healing the sins. Low lvl sins die, I heal everyone until I get enough chi to start bb again. HL sin dies too.
    Then the 65 sin goes "rez me, i need the boss". I tell him that if I spend time to rez him, we're all dead. He gets angry at me and leaves.
    Thankfully we didn't die, bb ran out but the bms managed to finish the boss with heals.

That was quite a shock, I usually get good squads, especially for fbs...
  • AdagioSonata - Heavens Tear
    AdagioSonata - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Awwww mannnnnn. There are quite a few (from my own personal experience or from friends that were clerics and I had the displeasure of seeing them going through ****). First one, which a few of you already mentioned, the constant nagging of "rez". I see you dangit, I know to rez. Another, "purify", as if I don't see you need it and don't know the skill -.-. Oh, and my fav, "heal cleric". I know you need healing, but it's kind of hard when I'm dying myself while trying to heal several other people in squad. One thing I've gotten used to (more so from adaptation) is aggro sharing. I don't mind when some OP DDs take aggro from tank, but I don't like it when they complain that you need to make it your business to figure out when they're stolen aggro and you need to heal them instead of the assigned tank (barb in squad, most would automatically assume he's tank unless a higher lvl is in squad). Sometimes it does bother me when everyone runs off when I start group buffing, because they're usually the ones spam requesting buffs even though I just used up a whopping amount of my mana to do group buffs. And the worst part of all that bothers me to no end is when people let me or other clerics in squad die. Sometimes I know the risk and will heal the squad even though I know I'll get aggro, but I feel it's worth saving them because they can possibly save me in turn (if they don't, well I knew the risk. if they can then yay!). But there are the other times, which some of you already pointed out, where they call for a heal, don't have aggro all the way on other mobs they've aggroed, and you heal and get killed because they not only fail to get the mobs but don't even bother to aoe to try to get mobs off of you. And I hate it when they try to blame you as the cleric for why it happened. I didn't aggro the mobs >.<, so why blame the poor healer who tried to save your romp in the process of killing ours? And here's my all time favorite..."We don't need a cleric 'cause we're pro without them", and keep in mind this is after they've spammed Worldchat for one, got them in squad, used their buffs and heals, and had the audacity to say such a buffoon statement. I literally stopped healing a barb once after he said that until he apologized. Okay, now I'm done ranting.
  • Korpinsulka - Raging Tide
    Korpinsulka - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    " Oh you're a demon cleric, I guess you can't heal then. "

" Ain't demon clerics DDs? "
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    " Oh you're a demon cleric, I guess you can't heal then. "

" Ain't demon clerics DDs? "

Lol, same thread going on in the barb forums. Sage hp buff is better (both are 35%). You're demon? You must be aps. Demon barbs can't pull... Ignorance is fun, isn't it?

Demon clerics have tons of healing advantages, just our IH is slightly weaker (adds a refine to weapon, k, now we're even).
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i read about 8 pages and would have to say everything was covered.
    I do get upset but never say anything in TW when i do not get hp buffed this can be a world of diferance most times considering unbuffed im 9.7k and was geting hit for 10k alot of the time.
    my gear so dated now it is insiane what a r9rr archer or sin hits me for.

will say it again I can not stand a random buff me,and if you do get a buff from a cleric buff them back. on rare acasion I buff someone I dont know pm'n for a buff, i want to reach threw the screen and ripp there head off when they dont return a buff.Maybe I need a new stresss releif this game just doesnt help me relax as it once did.
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • NzPanda - Archosaur
    NzPanda - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    What can **** me off is when a cleric stops healing me 2 DD its like yes im at full HP no but in 3sec when boss hits me again i will need to heal again.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It is when other would aggro to much or leave you behind of don't defend you.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    What can **** me off is when a cleric stops healing me 2 DD its like yes im at full HP no but in 3sec when boss hits me again i will need to heal again.

Once you are maxxed stacked, there is no reason to keep healing you and a cleric would do better to debuff, perhaps DD a little bit, to minimize the total damage done to you over time. They can do that for a couple seconds or so, before they should go back to healing. If you cannot handle being almost maxed out in your heal stacks, then your gear is bad or you're doing something wrong. You shouldn't need a cleric to continuously, non-stop heal you. They should have time (in the majority of instances) to throw in a debuff, or a plumeshot/cyclone. Complaining about 3 seconds shows me there may be something on your end. IT would be another thing entirely if they wait until your almost dead to start healing you again, but 3 seconds? :P
    Lol, same thread going on in the barb forums. Sage hp buff is better (both are 35%). You're demon? You must be aps. Demon barbs can't pull... Ignorance is fun, isn't it?

Demon clerics have tons of healing advantages, just our IH is slightly weaker (adds a refine to weapon, k, now we're even).

Two clerics in the exact same gear, the sage cleric will have a stronger IH. I think demon clerics bring plenty to the table and it's stupid to discount them. But refines are not a strength of going demon or sage, and a fair comparison would be to compare these culti's same geared. I personally think that demon clerics are better when are you just there to BB anyway, since they have a faster rez and bubble doesn't have a sage/demon verision. OFC in that situation YMMV since sage debuffs are more PVE oriented since they last longer. Demon clerics p.def buff is also stronger and comes packed inside a heal. Yada yada yada. I think the two cultis are pretty balanced, even if I personally prefer Sage.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Sage HP buff is 40% hp. Yes, we all know the description says 35%. It's not the only erroneous skill description in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]