Clerics. What pisses you guys off or annoys you when your in a squad?

Options

Comments

• StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I do that on my psychic. I'm terrible, I know. b:chuckle Really I get irritated to the people who lie about it or who never seem to have pots the most. There have been some squads where I run into the same person asking for pots again. I suspect that just live on the pots people give to them. b:lipcurl

lol...this happens to me a lot. I always forget to carry pots, but I always have tokens. So i just trade my tokens for other people's pots in an instance b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    lol...this happens to me a lot. I always forget to carry pots, but I always have tokens. So i just trade my tokens for other people's pots in an instance b:cute

You don't forget tokens, but you forget pots? xD

Yea i hate when people ask for pots. Yesterday a BM lvl 95 asked me for mp pots on my cleric lvl 52 (new char on a new server), it's maybe selfish, but i said i didn't had enough to give some, I almost don't have money it's my first char on that server and I don't want to need to pay for mp pots for a high lvl that can get better mp pot than me and cheapest.

The person that make me stop give pots was a cleric in a full GV, at the 3rd wave she stated she had only 8 herbs left and we was at spawn point and the wizz didn't had enough mp pots as well, i give herb 50 pots and 50 to the other person, both didn't thank me and the GV failed at the wave 8 cause cleric and wizz want AFK (we find out later was the same person multi client), but i pmed her saying she should at least thank me for the pots and she answer ''No i don't need to thank you for the pots, I'm the cleric'', it's like wtf no need thank me? I gave you 100 pots... it maybe just worth 90k, but it's my money and be a cleric doesn't mean no need to be polite. I hate people that don't have the words please and thank you in their vocabulary.

It happened to me i think 2 times to don't have mp pots (thx to small account stash don't have space for that so need to log 2 times each chars), I asked nicely if someone was able to lands me some and said I'll give them back when out of the instance and did give back after the instance, but every time i gave pots to someone that was out pots they never gave me back my pots and seriously no joke I'm sure that total i gave over than 1000 pots (often in caster people don't have pots -.-).

Now i don't even link the untradable pots, I just don't answer if someone say in squad chat ''Need mp pots'' ''Someone drop me mp i'm out'' I let other people give their pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The person that make me stop give pots was a cleric in a full GV,...

Mine was a similar experience. It was a vit barb in Delta, known for being fail but also had all +10 gear, were pure vit build, and had 30k+ hp. We were just doing a Delta 5 or something so no worries. We start and they're losing hp like crazy and not recovering much. Maybe the cleric has weak heals, right? Nope, R8 +10 and pure magic but can't keep the barb healed in stage 2. I check the barbs gear and its almost all broken -.-

Anyways, the barb started asking for hp pots around stage 3, but by then everyone but the barb was tanking. We asked why they didn't repair their gear "couldn't afford it." They made comments about barb expenses and we should provide them pots or pay for them to tank. They weren't keeping aggro for 5 seconds after the pull and that was working better because they were dieing so easily. They rage quit when we wouldn't give them pots, we moved back to the eye and the archer pulled the rest if Delta.

Ran with them in a Delta later. Squad lead invited, not me. Checked their gear and it was all repaired so I thought it'd go easier but almost as soon as we start "oh! I forgot pots. Can someone give me some." And of course, people did.

Dunno, I rarely use pots. My HA classes use a ton of mp food because its like 5 skills before I need to pot, but thats why I use Divine Quest food. Its as strong as I need. I sometimes even carry the weak 1250 mp pots, you get 1200 of them for one order. My HAs used like 3 hp food per FCC, and now none during BHs. Even tanking a full Delta I'll use like 10 hp food in a full run, and I'm an aps build with 19k hp. My casters almost never need to use mp food since I have 11500 mp, and recovery rate of like 70 mp/sec, and 1 hp pot (Divine Quest) is usually enough to save them till I can self heal. Its not that expensive.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You don't forget tokens, but you forget pots? xD

Pretty much, yeah b:shutup I'm really forgetful and clumsy...b:sad But, I've become better, now I always make sure I have at least 1k mp pots and 200 or so of hp pots to make sure I have them so won't need to restock all the time b:surrender
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lol you guys jinxed me. Ran a FCC yesterday on my wizard with a cleric friend. Was us two, a barb, a seeker and two sins.

Barb pulls first hall, hp dropping like crazy, takes ages to agro stuff. After pull he asks for hp pots. I don't carry any and noone else replies. So we move on. Still crappy pulls. I checked his gears, +4 4 socket stuff, alright.

At second boss barb gets pissy why we don't attack right away. We wait a minute, then kill the boss no problem. My friend's telling me the barb QQed in pms to the seeker for hp pots.

Bishop boss goes down. Barb rebuffs hp buff. Sins ask him to rebuff strength too. Barb says he doesn't have mp pots. At that point my friend just kicks him and we move on with the seeker pulling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I am not a cleric but a mystic but sometimes I play the role of the only healer in team, especialy FC.

I hate when team go to aoe and a harpy comes when I am healing - the aoe range is too small to agro it so the harpy goes to me. Its ok, I can stand one harpy (each att take about 1/6 of my hp - I put petals on me and back to heal others - but why to the hell the team won't att the harpy after they finish their aoe? Instead they go to another group of mobs to aoe - leaving the harpy on me and expecting me to heal them. I can kill the harpy by myself but it takes time which I don't have if I want to keep the rest of team alive.

Also I hate sins tanking bosses. Thay are hard to heal. They rarely get the hit but when they do - it hurts.
  • XX/ErosXx - Archosaur10
    XX/ErosXx - Archosaur10 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I am not a cleric but a mystic but sometimes I play the role of the only healer in team, especialy FC.

I hate when team go to aoe and a harpy comes when I am healing - the aoe range is too small to agro it so the harpy goes to me. Its ok, I can stand one harpy (each att take about 1/6 of my hp - I put petals on me and back to heal others - but why to the hell the team won't att the harpy after they finish their aoe? Instead they go to another group of mobs to aoe - leaving the harpy on me and expecting me to heal them. I can kill the harpy by myself but it takes time which I don't have if I want to keep the rest of team alive.

Also I hate sins tanking bosses. Thay are hard to heal. They rarely get the hit but when they do - it hurts.

Lol even as a cleric it happens to me i hate that...I end up having to take it out myself sometimes lol
  • XX/ErosXx - Archosaur10
    XX/ErosXx - Archosaur10 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    And i kinda know what u mean with sins tanking, Its not really difficult for me to heal them, but when most get hit they get hit pretty hard and it scares me a bit lol.
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    * Sins when they stealth past the mobs to get to the boss and start hitting it. While the rest of the squad battles their way to him. Of course, said idiot sin blames the cleric when he fails to solo.

* People yelling res non-stop. I won't res someone unless it's safe to do so. Thankfully this isn't as common now, but bh39-69. That was really damn annoying.

* People who refuse to go into BB range when I inform them that they're out. I won't be moving BB for one person just because they won't listen or pay attention. Most of them then ask me what level my BB is after they get owned.

* Other clerics who rage at you because they don't feel special since there's now two or more of us in a squad >.>

* People who rush into a group of mobs and only hit one of them, expecting heals.

There's probably a lot more that I can't recall atm. But then again, it's easy to annoy me

And when barb goes to a group of mobs and just attack one isntead of doing aoe skill.. Then he complains about why I didn't heal him... :\

When I'm playing on my cleric and there's more cleric in squad for bh for example i don't use to rage at it or do not feel special.. But once a higher cleric was with me healing but she didn't let me do anything basically ._.
    She healed everybody, and I started to feel bad cause I felt I wasn't doing anything :( I guess I started to attack and let the healing for her...
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Most people I see here "complaining" about the noob actions of others are from other servers than mine.. So I guess Harshlands is where there's less noobs b:chuckle
    Or maybe people from Harshlands doesn't come post on here :o
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Most people I see here "complaining" about the noob actions of others are from other servers than mine.. So I guess Harshlands is where there's less noobs b:chuckle
    Or maybe people from Harshlands doesn't come post on here :o

Are you kidding me? HL is probably the worse server when we talk about how people play their class. The clerics on HL are so awful that they are the unique reason why I stopped play my wizz. I was dying 20 times in each caster cause they was DDing in VD beside heal me that was the tank, i was spending a plat hp charm every 3 day just with caster + a lot of pots.

Our venomancers always ''forget'' to purge & amplify and you need to constantly tell them to purge & amplify. (Some veno are so stupid that they bramble people in PvP, but not in TW...)

Majority of sins doing PvE have 3-4k hp and blame the cleric when they die one shot to a mob... like we can do something to that.

And etc.. ofc their some good players that know their class really well, but a majority of people doesn't know how to play their class and it's sad cause some of them are lvl 103-105 R9+12 and are worse than some other people that have only TT99.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    Options
    Are you kidding me? HL is probably the worse server when we talk about how people play their class. The clerics on HL are so awful that they are the unique reason why I stopped play my wizz. I was dying 20 times in each caster cause they was DDing in VD beside heal me that was the tank, i was spending a plat hp charm every 3 day just with caster + a lot of pots.

Our venomancers always ''forget'' to purge & amplify and you need to constantly tell them to purge & amplify. (Some veno are so stupid that they bramble people in PvP, but not in TW...)

Majority of sins doing PvE have 3-4k hp and blame the cleric when they die one shot to a mob... like we can do something to that.

And etc.. ofc their some good players that know their class really well, but a majority of people doesn't know how to play their class and it's sad cause some of them are lvl 103-105 R9+12 and are worse than some other people that have only TT99.

Damn, really?! O.o
    Well, or I'm lucky or idk, I seem to never find much noobs on Harshlands...

But FC lvling is the reason for 103-105 noobs.. It's sad... ._.
    My main hasn't reached lvl 100 yet, but I'd like to know how is a Nirvana run :)
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Damn, really?! O.o
    Well, or I'm lucky or idk, I seem to never find much noobs on Harshlands...

But FC lvling is the reason for 103-105 noobs.. It's sad... ._.
    My main hasn't reached lvl 100 yet, but I'd like to know how is a Nirvana run :)

Well unless I'm wrong your avatar show a sin level 98 so you might never see what I'm speaking about for the caster Nirvana, but in caster people run so often with random squad in the world chat that it's not always the same cleric or sometime it is and yea we can see there's a lot of people that just power leveled and don't know how to play.

Simple example, often people take 2 clerics, one for BB and the other as back up if BB drop and the cleric one don't have chi or is in cd than the second cleric is suppose to set BB, but majority of the time the second cleric is in VD and while the other cleric try to get chi back to BB again the other continue to DD and even 3 spark and DD while he could have use it to BB.

As 99% of the time we need to constantly tell the clerics to debuff...

It's without counting the clerics i see use physical attack on the caster boss that are immune to physical damage...

I really wish i could say my server is the best, but that would be a lie. Ofc their bad and good people in each server, but yea from what i see on HL we win the prize of the most people that don't know how to play.

Anyway that topic is actually made so the clerics say what they don't like in a squad and not what we don't like about clerics. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    Options
    Well unless I'm wrong your avatar show a sin level 98 so you might never see what I'm speaking about for the caster Nirvana, but in caster people run so often with random squad in the world chat that it's not always the same cleric or sometime it is and yea we can see there's a lot of people that just power leveled and don't know how to play.

Simple example, often people take 2 clerics, one for BB and the other as back up if BB drop and the cleric one don't have chi or is in cd than the second cleric is suppose to set BB, but majority of the time the second cleric is in VD and while the other cleric try to get chi back to BB again the other continue to DD and even 3 spark and DD while he could have use it to BB.

As 99% of the time we need to constantly tell the clerics to debuff...

It's without counting the clerics i see use physical attack on the caster boss that are immune to physical damage...

I really wish i could say my server is the best, but that would be a lie. Ofc their bad and good people in each server, but yea from what i see on HL we win the prize of the most people that don't know how to play.

Anyway that topic is actually made so the clerics say what they don't like in a squad and not what we don't like about clerics. xD

Yes, my main is my sin :)
    About caster nirvana I just know that is just with magic classes, isn't it?

Clerics attacking physically?! o.o

Yeah, I just said that of the servers because I don't see much people from Harshlands here on forums... Unless you, I see you on every post :P
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes, my main is my sin :)
    About caster nirvana I just know that is just with magic classes, isn't it?

Clerics attacking physically?! o.o

Yeah, I just said that of the servers because I don't see much people from Harshlands here on forums... Unless you, I see you on every post :P

Yup Nirvana caster is a version of Nirvana, but with the boss immune to physical damage, so only caster can kill the boss. (sometime people will take a BM for DG if they have high DD and a seeker for debuff and SS)

Yea they plume shot on the caster's boss.

I don't post in the sin, barb, bm and seeker section as I don't post on the technical post (people that have problem to log in or download the game), but since the general section is the most active yea I post often there. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    Options
    inspired by what bella wrote earlier about clerics using plume shot on caster bosses b:chuckle

I hate it when clerics will use plume shell on a boss that's not the 3rd or 4th one in caster...it's like what are you wasting chi for?! And I see clerics using plume shot and physical debuff in caster as well....which is suicide for squishy ones on the 3rd boss, not to mention totally useless b:surrender

When I ask them nicely why are they using it, or advice them to not use it and give them the reasons...most of the time i'm told "who am I to comment on their play style"...b:sad
    edited November 2012
    Options
    inspired by what bella wrote earlier about clerics using plume shot on caster bosses b:chuckle

I hate it when clerics will use plume shell on a boss that's not the 3rd or 4th one in caster...it's like what are you wasting chi for?! And I see clerics using plume shot and physical debuff in caster as well....which is suicide for squishy ones on the 3rd boss, not to mention totally useless b:surrender

When I ask them nicely why are they using it, or advice them to not use it and give them the reasons...most of the time i'm told "who am I to comment on their play style"...b:sad

Yup often when I'm on my mystic or was on my wizz and told tell to don't plume shot they was answering ''Play your class and I'll play mine'' than i say nicely that plume don't do damage on immune physical damage boss and they say ''Yes it does'' ... *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Low HP Aps barbs...
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • Plewxy - Lost City
    Plewxy - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I get pissed off ALOT as a cleric, which has caused me to become the murderer of many squads b:sweat, but you already mentioned alot of the reasons why on the first couple of pages I read in this thread so I guess I'll just write the most common ones b:embarrass

Aggro wars.
    It's so very annoying when the aggro changes owner every 2 seconds and everyone starts complaining about how I have to stick to healing the tanker.

Complaining in general
    People who rush off too soon, grab aggro or just screws up in general and then blames me for it. I'm sure ALL clerics are annoyed at this, looking at the other posts b:laugh
    It's happend to me several times tho, that someone almost died but was saved in the last minute and then QQed all over the chatbox anyway...

Unasked for advice
    When people start giving you advice regarding really basic stuff you oviously know about at your level, or even worse start giving you dumb advice that would probably get your whole squad killed if you followed it. Like this one BM who told me to RB at the mobs - not heads - in big room/exp room in frost.

Despite the rage moments clerics will always be my favorite class followed by venomancers and archers though. b:shy

Good thing I'm on a PvP server since then I could always leave squad and kill off the people who made me pissed and get some neato drops from it too b:laugh
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I think people don't understand cleric ''life'' until they they play one them self.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    dont know if someone mentioned this before, but there is one more thing i dont like.

Beeing in a fc-squad below 90.

Funny how the clerics job can change from one instance to another.
    Instead of buffing, healing and purify my main job means perma-rez random squad mates. If im not busy reviving them, im running to my squad because we had a squad wipe (usually at pulls)... again and again.

Really, i love being a cleric and i love running instances. But fc below 90 is just ... depressing

Funny is how they always say they had lag if something went wrong.
    "Couldnt use invoke, had lag"
    "I stole aggro with my Dragons breath? Yeah i was laggy"
    "Sorry i sealed them, had lag"
    And the best one:
    "CANT CHANGE TO TIGER FORM MY PING WILL GET TO 9999 IF I DO SO QQ"
    Do you believe in life before death?
    edited November 2012
    Options
    dont know if someone mentioned this before, but there is one more thing i dont like.

Beeing in a fc-squad below 90.

Funny how the clerics job can change from one instance to another.
    Instead of buffing, healing and purify my main job means perma-rez random squad mates. If im not busy reviving them, im running to my squad because we had a squad wipe (usually at pulls)... again and again.

Really, i love being a cleric and i love running instances. But fc below 90 is just ... depressing

Funny is how they always say they had lag if something went wrong.
    "Couldnt use invoke, had lag"
    "I stole aggro with my Dragons breath? Yeah i was laggy"
    "Sorry i sealed them, had lag"
    And the best one:
    "CANT CHANGE TO TIGER FORM MY PING WILL GET TO 9999 IF I DO SO QQ"

Ouch, you have some bad luck with teams b:shocked
    I find lvl80-90 FC really fun, because the teams aren't rushing and if a pull fails or something, everyone just laugh about it b:cute Also, most people actually take advice in those low lvled FC teams unlike caster or bh100 teams I have been in b:sad
    And, it's not all about sins sin sins, since they don't have their demon/sage spark yet b:pleased
  • XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear
    XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    >Sins that rambo ahead and die because they don't understand that being level 50 in fb59 means YOU SHOULDN'T BE AGGROING ANYTHING -.-

>Barbs that rambo ahead and start attacking stuff. Idgaf if you're much higher level than the rest of us, if I get to you and you're at 50% health, you should have waited for me or the mystic.

>DDs that don't even bother trying to control their hits. I don't mind if they were trying and accidentally got aggro anyway, I don't mind if they can handle the aggro until the tank gets it back, but especially if there's no barb in the party, you shouldn't be trying to out-dps the tank.

Case in point regarding the latter: today I was doing fb59 for culti. We got to Zimo and the seeker tanked, with the 9x mystic's pet off-tanking. Problem was, the psychic (who only had 2.2k hp) took aggro and, rather than stopping his skill-spamming, carried on and cried for heals. So, not wanting to be called fail for letting the psy die, I started spamming IH as fast as possible, and I was still having quite a time of it trying to keep him alive. Boss died. We moved on.
    We got to Ofotis and the psy told us he had to go after. Why he joined and didn't inform us that he wouldn't be there until the end, I have no idea (we managed fine without him but still). He then ran forward, and shot off a skill at the boss. He ran back towards us and, rather than allowing the seeker to take aggro, once again started skill-spamming. Each attack from the boss did 50-75% of this guy's hp, so once again, I was having trouble keeping him alive, having to occasionally WS to keep him from wiping. He then left the squad after the boss died, thankfully, and we got a 101 barb who actually knew how to play his freaking class.

Oh, and did I mention that this guy was, like, level 82? By that point, you should know how aggro works, for pity's sake ._.
    Heaven's Tear - BigHearts Leader
    SoshiLove - 102/101/101 Celestial Sage Cleric (Pure Mag)
    xSicaChux - 101/101/9x Sage Veno (Full Vit)
    AngelSinx - 101 Sage Sin (Mostly Pure Dex)
    b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    >Barbs that rambo ahead and start attacking stuff. Idgaf if you're much higher level than the rest of us, if I get to you and you're at 50% health, you should have waited for me or the mystic.

I always got a kick out of this. My barb has 21k hp, my sin has 7.4k. The difference being at 3k hp on my sin I'm barely half dead but at 3k hp on my barb I'm over 85% dead. Eitherway, I still feel pretty safe with 3k hp. I don't like to use my hp pots though and I prefer to save money and use ToP (5k hp vs about 12k hp healed and for less coin). So I'll wait till I get that low before I heal.

I'll be doing a giant pull and get down to 3k hp before I invoke and ToP and hear how I "almost died." Meh, I still had as much hp as the the full health of the casters in our squad. Invoke stops most the damage and ToP fills me completely up all before the cleric usually starts spamming their heals.

Its even more odd when I ToP and get over 30k hp and 10k hp looks like a tiny amount and i get to hear how the cleric "saved me."

The other thing about sins ramboing ahead. I get helpful *nudge nudge wink wink* clerics that like to heal my sin as I tank. Some times this is helpful, usually its not. Maybe I play my sin differently but usually I'm only aggroing everything so the cleric can feel good about themselves for spam healing my full hp. If I pull 10 mobs then using earthen rift may kill me, while I'm actually pretty safe triple sparking and apsing them one at a time. But, I gotta earthen rift so the cleric can give me heals I don't need otherwise I'm a "stoopid ramboing sin." Granted, its dependant on the sin but most the time its the cleric killing the sin by healing as much as its the sin killing the sin.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I hate when people jump to a bunch of mobs yet only attack ONE! Then they die and ask me why I did not heal b:angry
    Insanity b:thanks
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh, and did I mention that this guy was, like, level 82? By that point, you should know how aggro works, for pity's sake ._.

By that point he should be abl;e to tank that instance just fine anyway. If he was getting hit that hard, I'd love to have seen what his gear looked like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Unwarranted hubris and testosterone are a toxic brew. Too many truly ignorant players have subscribed to the belief that stealing aggro from the designated tank is a sign of prowess.

Whenever my 10-year-old nephew comes over we play PW together. I've built him a very nice Sin that's level-82 and has 2.0 APS. He can easily steal aggro from my Barb when we're doing BH69 together. HOWEVER, I've taught him to equip a lower level bow when we're killing Gaurnob or Polearm.

There's absolutely no good reason for playing aggro tag except shear stupidity, arrogance, and total disregard for squad welfare.

I did mention it in my earlier post, but one aspect of the gaming community that p1sses me off beyond all reason is the ubiquitous mindset that clerics exist solely for the pleasure of other classes. How many times have we heard the following:

Will a cleric come rez me? (no nevermind we might be otherwise engaged or be clear across the map)

Can a cleric come buff me? (see above)

And then there's the typical **** we endure during every single instance -- dumbshirt players aggro'ing everything in sight -- enjoying themselves immensely at the expense of the cleric's mana charm or mp food. And this isn't limited to lower levels. Several months ago I left a decent faction and quit playing a level-100 cleric because the prevailing attitude during faction runs was aggro stealing is just fine and "I don't mind dying" -- no nevermind the charm/mp food **** suffered by the poor clerics.

I love playing clerics -- I've got a bunch of them scattered across multiple servers, but being taken for granted has long since compelled me to quit most of them, and when I do play my clerics it's only to multibox with my own alts.

Oh, heard a good one in fac chat several days ago: two mystics extolling the benefits of their class -- "We [mystics] got the best attributes of clerics and venomancers." Yeah, right, try keeping a level-80 barb alive while doing Polearm in BH69. Or, at level-70, try soloing the bosses in BH59 (something any decent cleric can do).

I think the reason a lot o cleric's dislike/distrust Assassins is because Sins are such needy little a**wipes when they're low level, then treat us like total **** when they reach level 80 and above. Same could be said for a number of classes, but my experience points decidedly at Sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear
    XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    By that point he should be abl;e to tank that instance just fine anyway. If he was getting hit that hard, I'd love to have seen what his gear looked like.

That was just what surprised me when his health started dropping so rapidly. After the boss died, I took the liberty of checking out his character's gear. His weapon was decent enough (hence the reason he kept stealing aggro), but his armor b:shocked A mixture of unrefined and unsharded 60s rank gear and 6x npc stuff from what I remember.

Had a slightly higher level mystic in BH51 the other day with really sucky gear who had the attitude that her herbs made her invincible. We got to Wyvern and she said she'd heal the seeker, which in theory I was fine with, because even with her sub-par equipment she probably still had more m-attack than me. Problem was that she decided to stand right next to Wyvern instead of standing at a sensible distance and kept getting killed by his aoe b:cry And of course I still had to purify the seeker so I don't know why she told me not to bother =/
    Heaven's Tear - BigHearts Leader
    SoshiLove - 102/101/101 Celestial Sage Cleric (Pure Mag)
    xSicaChux - 101/101/9x Sage Veno (Full Vit)
    AngelSinx - 101 Sage Sin (Mostly Pure Dex)
    b:cute
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    When squad screams rezzes from a cleric that just died and has to walk all the way back -____-
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    When squad screams rezzes from a cleric that just died and has to walk all the way back -____-

Whenever someone says something like "heal" or "rez," to a cleric now, I always start giving them equally asinine commands. Like "smack something with your axe!" or "shoot an arrow!" usually shuts em up and earns a laugh.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!